North Cyprus Tourist Board - Stop animal cruelty!!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Stop animal cruelty!!

Stop animal cruelty!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

Trina

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 12:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

why are people so nasty to animals! especially here in NC. poisining! abandoning! no water no food! chained up all day! all everything else i could go on for hours!

why???

do you get a kick out of it? do you thinks it funny? i find it hard to believe that most of these people if you can even call them that can sleep at night!! let alone get up in the morning.

i would like to know if you would do this to a child or even an adult! i know this sounds terrible but its true i wonder how you would all react to see a child get killed by a car then left in the middle of the road for weeks on end!

just because you drive to fast or you actually swerve to hit the animal for a laugh.. i really think all you people that are cruel to animals are sick people

why have an animal if you cant/arent prepaired to look after!!!

why have a car/drive.. if you cant drive properly

STOP ANIMAL CRUELTY!!! THEY LOVE YOU AND YOU SHOULD SHOW THEM THAT LOVE BACK!

sherrylady

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 16:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Trina , I really liked your post !

Yel2011

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 17:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Trina, you are absolutley right.... how many times have I drove past a dead animal on the side of the road... and my heart literally internally hearts and my whole mood just drops down... I wish there was some kind of animal police like in the states in NC.... Its starting to get so out of hand. I see so many animals in little cages ,barking all day at people because its not trying to protect its cage. Its creaming for help ..... Just imagine.... sitting in a cage for the rest of your life... and the only light of your day is when your owner opens your cage and puts food in your plate ...and doesnt even have the heart to even atleast pat your head or show any love at all.... My dogs live on love... when I come home I play with them and show them I love them so much, I might work long hours ...but they know that I will be home soon and I will love them to bits.... but the dogs that are in those cages doesnt have that guarentee.... it brings tears to my eyes now reading this...

Yel2011

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 17:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Some people just let their dog go when they cant take care of them , they dont care if that dog is street smart or not....and then sadly it gets run over... like you said STOP ANIMAL CRUELTY!!! THEY LOVE YOU AND YOU SHOULD SHOW THEM THAT LOVE BACK!

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 17:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

The measure of a 'civilised nation' is in how it treats its animals. What more can be said?

blade

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 18:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Well said Sue.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 18:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

I agree, there is no excuse for the cruelty that some people dish out but it must also be recognised that there are way too many stray dogs in Northern Cyprus. Keepers of dogs should be forced to license them and the government should cull unlicensed and neglected ones, also all dogs should be neutered until the problem is under control. This may sound harsh but in the long run may be the best solution. Too many people keep dogs without thinking of the long term commitment that this entails and then abandon them when circumstances change ! Many threads on this forum testify to this.

cypriotStudnt

Message Posted:
02/02/2012 19:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

It's really nice to see that there are some people who are disturbed by animal abusing in NC,

I STILL DON'T GET THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE LITERALLY KILLING&TORTURING THESE LOVELY ANIMALS IN A DISGUSTING WAY!

And still no law aganist animal abuse..

I personally argued with few neighbors just bcs they don't take care of their animals, and they still don't care, and unfortunately no where to report..really disturbing..

They don't even have human rights, so I don't think we will stop seeing dead animals on road in a long time!

Amber

Message Posted:
03/02/2012 11:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

I cannot agree more about this. I have seen a number of very distressing cases of animal cruelty here and I will never understand what makes people do it. These animals have feelings and should be treated with respect and love they give and deserve.

martinD41

Message Posted:
03/02/2012 12:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

msg5 " the measure of a "civilised Nation" is how it treats its animals"..

It certainly is.. http://www.shac.net/

bazzagirl

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

I am still haunted to this day with visions of the poor dogs i have seen bound and tethered, so thin they were nearly dead, no shelter no food, no water, no nothing just a horrific existance, cowering on the ground whe you approach them in fear of been beaten, yes this is a so called farmer just 250 yards up the track from the Sea Vistas complex behind Bufavento in Catalkoy, when they die he just replaces them with the next 2 victims, he knows he's doing wrong as he tries to hide them behind massive straw bales so people going up the track will not see them, I have contacted KAR a few times now and i hope they have done something as this is barbaric deliberate torture and cruelty, as i say it haunts me every day that i am poweless to help them x

Lilli

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 18:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Hi bazzagirl there is a department in Leftkosia set up to deal with animal cruelty> Im sorry I do not know the number but Im sure KAR will know. It is just so awful that situation.

Schoie

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

IS THERE ANYBODY THERE TRINA, TRINA WHEREFORE ART THOU TRINA !!!

gromit

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 19:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Yorkshire, in 2011, has again achieved a top UK & EU rating.

Sadly it's for the highest rate of animal cruelty, including shooting, poisoning, trapping and general but appalling neglect of all types of animals, including endangered species, wild & domestic, from small birds to horses.

Living in Yorkshire, I find it very sad, having run animal sanctuaries in the past, but also a bit hard to criticise other Nationalities.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.