North Cyprus Tourist Board - Ledra PALACE crossing...where to park overnight
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Ledra PALACE crossing...where to park overnight

Ledra PALACE crossing...where to park overnight

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus Border Crossings

» See All Threads on Cyprus Border Crossings

mikelapta

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 09:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

I have parked near the Mosque,overnight,just 5tl,and walked to Ledra Street,and crossed.That is quite a long walk,and double that ROC side

My destination is much nearer the Ledra Palace crossing.Anyone left their car overnight near the Palace crossing?

Thanks

Mike

Crumpy

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 10:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

If you are OK with paying Mike, then there is a car park about 80 metres away from the Turkish end of the Ledra Palace crossing: If you need directions, then coming from the Meclis/Şehitler-Abidesi turn right just before the crossing, and then after 50 metres turn left. After a few metres you'll see the said car park on your right.

However, if you want to save a few bob, then it would be quite safe to park your car overnight on the roads around there ... we did recently.

Crumpy

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 10:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

"Meclis/Şehitler-Abidesi"

Translation : the roundabout-like junction with the Monument to the War Fallen in the middle of it ... ie. the junction that has the Parliament building right next to it.

mikelapta

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 11:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Thanks Ian,I'll try that !!

If you can recall,is the Holiday inn about 100m on the left after I've crossed.

And just so I don't have to stop and ask,the roundabout this side,is the one about 300m after Onder?

Thanks for info

Mike

Crumpy

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 11:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Message 4 - "The roundabout this side, is that the one about 300m after Önder?". No Mike, you are referring to the roundabout-like-junction with the "Bent-Fingers-Monument" in the middle of it. The Şehitler-Abidesi, as the crow flies, is actually only 150 metres from there, but to get there (because of the one-way system) you will have to drive almost 1km around the Turkish Embassy and a couple of schools, passing the Girne Kapısı on your left. 200 metres after the Girne Kapısı you come to the Şehitler-Abidesi-roundabout-like-junction. At that junction you turn left. Then after crossing over the traffic-lighted junction, the Ledra Palace crossing is directly in front of you. To get to the said car park refer to message 2 above.

Re : "Is the Holiday Inn about 100m on the left after crossing?" That's right mate ... opposite the fire station.

bigOz

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 16:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Drive towards the Palace crossing until you are at the last right turn just before the check point. Turn right and there is a small car park as you turn first left. If you prefer not to pay, turn right slightly further up and park on the side of the road. Either way you would be about 50 metres or so from the crossing.

Crumpy

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 16:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Big Oz ... Isn't that the same as I wrote in message 2. In any case, I haven't been in contact with you for quite a while - I hope you're well

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.