North Cyprus Tourist Board - HBPG/ Mortgage Issues
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > HBPG/ Mortgage Issues

HBPG/ Mortgage Issues

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Home Buyers Pressure Group (HBPG) Threads posted so far

» Also look at permission popular tag and purchase popular tag

» HBPG Official Website - www.hbpg-trnc.net

Blackpoolfan

Message Posted:
15/12/2008 14:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

I have bought at Olive Grove in Lapta through Santa-Fe Constuction. After reading the minutes of the HBPG meeting and the issues surrounding mortgaging/ re-mortgaging of land i e-mailed the director who replied to say they had a £100,000 mortgage on the land but had 5 un-sold units totalling some £300,000 so in their opinion i had nothing to worry about. I would have thought that when they sell the remaining units they would pay off the mortgage and if they dont sell the bank would auction the properties to re-coup their money. I had hoped that having your sales contract registered by your advocate would also help protect the buyer. If anybody can offer any relevant factual advise it would be greatly appreciated.

the butler

Message Posted:
15/12/2008 14:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Blackpoolfan,

I am sure the mortgage must have been taken out before the registration rule came into being. Our developer took out mortgage in November 2007 and ruling applied from February 2008. If he did manage to take out mortgage after this ruling and you had registered your property, then this is very serious indeed. The rule came in to protect buyers from this happening.

The Butler

Blackpoolfan

Message Posted:
15/12/2008 14:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Butler,

Prior to the new law thankfully, but even with the new registration laws are they watertight? i am not so sure. Have a nice day.

Molly

Message Posted:
15/12/2008 15:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

You will not be able to get your title deed until the mortgage has been lifted.

the butler

Message Posted:
15/12/2008 15:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Hi blackpoolfan,

I read on another thread, of someone in the same position as you. When one of the unsold villas looked like it was about to be sold, the rest of the owners got the new owner to pay the money into the builders bank and effectivly paid off the mortgage. After this happened there was no way the builder could take out another mortage as the other owners had registered their properties.

Maybe you could get your neighbours to keep their eyes and ears open for a possible sale.

The Butler

spook

Message Posted:
15/12/2008 16:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Why not get your Advocate to draw up an agreement with the builder/bank to ensure all payments for the unsold properties are paid direct to the bank?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.