North Cyprus Tourist Board - I am waning to give a a young dog or puupy a good home
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > I am waning to give a a young dog or puupy a good home

I am waning to give a a young dog or puupy a good home

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

camrube

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 14:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 26 in Discussion

I am looking for a young dog or puppy, who will make a good pet for my children.

I live in Lapta.

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 14:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 26 in Discussion

You will have absolutely no difficulty in finding a sweet natured young dog on here. The Forum has been swamped lately with people wanting to rehome their pets because they were leaving the island or for some other reason.

But, before you do take on a dog........are you absolutely sure that you can commit to around 15 years to take care of him/her until the end of the animal's life, this might mean taking him with you if you leave this island. If you can't honestly say that you can make this commitment then please don't get one.

Slate me for these comments if you wish but I make them with no agenda whatsoever, it's just been heartbreaking to read about all the unwanted pets that people felt they were done with.

swyflot

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 15:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 26 in Discussion

Msg 2

Fully agree with your comments, but, if all these criteria are fulfilled then KAR have some lovely puppies and dogs. They are open from 09.00 -13.00 hrs so why not go along and have a look ?

the butler

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 16:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 26 in Discussion

I am in the same position as msg1 and I am looking for a young dog after losing our westie Hamish last month.

I have thought about going to KAR but Hamish was a rescue dog and we were told he was 5 or 6 years old, it turns out he was much older than this and we only had him for a year before he died. In this year he cost us a lot of money through illness, with his teeth, eyes and infections and finally his heart. Therefore I would be looking for a dog that someone knows more about, eg. their age, illnesses they have had, have they been spayed, nuetered etc.

If anyone has a small terrier type dog or bitch, that doesn't shed it's hair, is fairly quiet and placid that would suit a couple of pensioners, then a very good home with lots of love is waiting. We do not want a puppy but 2-3 years old would be ideal.

The butlers wife

LittleTed

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 17:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 26 in Discussion

RE Messages 1 and 4

I have got a beautiful female dog who is 5 yrs old . I got her because I had no intention of ever working again and I love dogs and had to leave my dog with a friend in Engalnd.Circumstances have now changed and it will break my heart to let her go but its not fair and no life for her to be indoors for 12 hours a day on her own. At the moment I am having to rent 2 properties so I can keep her until I find her the kind of love she deserves in a new and loving owner. Please I dont want her to go to KAR as I love her too much not to make sure she will be loved.

Her name is Fudge because she is that colour with white flashes please contact me on this email address and will email photos to you.

She is fully house trained and has never chewed anything not of her own.

Please contact me for photos and then discuss further

Regards a very sad Dad

Gary

LittleTed

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 18:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 26 in Discussion

RE Messages 1 and 4

Email address for Fudge photos is littletedincyprus@gmail.com

dizzycows

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 18:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 26 in Discussion

On another post there is a boxer puppy looking for a home ...

Think it is a stray ...

camrube

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 18:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 26 in Discussion

The vets near the HSBC - pevter have a cyprus terrior which is a year old and looking for a good home, has been injected, nueteredetc tel 05338635818.

I have a friend who also has a cyprus terrior, chipped, nuetered etc... which is over a year old, I can put u in touch with her if u are interested.

Our dog died last week, it had been dumped as a puppy at our house, we looked after it and loved her, so we know we can give the correct dog a good home.

We have been to Kar and yes they have hundreds of wonderful dogs in need of a good home, maybe we will get one from them, it's just so very hard to choose, and I need a pet who will like children, so I agree knowing the back ground of a dog is good.

I am sure we will both find a dog.

jeepsafari

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 26 in Discussion

We have 2 lovely Cyprus Terriers in need of a good home - they have been dumped with us, 1 is a puppy and the other is the mother, both very well behaved, the mother is very well trained in turkish. Both great with people, other dogs and are great with our cats.

I am reluctant to part with them as they have been with us quite a few months now, however my husband and i both work full time and cant give them the time they deserve! We would love to find a home that could give them full TLC....

Please contact us if you are interested, we can look to seperate mother and puppy if prefered as mother seems to follow me wherever i go anyway!

Tel 0533 881 8993

Regards

Amy

Buddygirl

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 26 in Discussion

there is young dog on our site that is after a home we are moving soon so do not want to get involved in feeding it but it is a very sweet natured dog

Buddygirl

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 19:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 26 in Discussion

continuation of the above notice...05338663564, it is a bitch & has been spayed , obviously by KAR

witch

Message Posted:
05/02/2012 08:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 26 in Discussion

I have a Cyprus terrier 3 years old needing a good home.

He has been chipped.

he also is house trained and loves lots of cuddles.

the butler

Message Posted:
05/02/2012 10:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 26 in Discussion

Thank you for all your replies and I will contact you during this coming week, if you have photos of the dogs mentioned, please send them to asdmeacher@gmail.com

bob1938

Message Posted:
05/02/2012 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 26 in Discussion

i have a one year old german pointer dog needs space and company lovely little dog, call me on 0533 8722974

Wibow

Message Posted:
05/02/2012 12:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 26 in Discussion

We never intended to have a dog but

After having a German Shepherd for 12 years in the UK

We decided it was now time to give a dog a chance of

a good life and a good home

which i must say he has

He is a Cyprus Terrier, a brilliant little dog who we love dearly

We actually got him from KAR

Who i must say do a good job looking after all these dogs and cats.

buffyvento

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 15:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 26 in Discussion

Hı all can anyone tell me ıf KAR consıder adoptıve parents ıf they work 8 tıl 430 and could pop home for lunch and also ın rented accomodatıon ı am lookıng ınto gettıng a pup. he or she wıll stıll get 2 walks a day and hıkes at the weekend but want a small breed what are cyprus terrıers are they lıke my beloved westıes?

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 15:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 26 in Discussion

buffyvento. Would you be able to take it to the UK if you decide to go back after your 12 months?

the butler

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 17:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 26 in Discussion

buffyvento,

I lost my lovely westie Hamish in January, he was so good and I never thought I would find another dog to replace him. However, I have rehomed a cyprus terrier and he is just as good, he is giving me and my husband lots of pleasure. He is the dog mentioned in msg 12 and he really is a sweetie.

The butlers wife

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 17:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 26 in Discussion

buffy: Have you decided not to bring the Westies?

Would you consider being "Aunty" to one or more of my three dogs. I can home and feed them but partly because of my own health problems cant walk them all at once, and they pine if left alone. And I could do with finding them some respite care.

Middle aged Cocker spaniel type: Lovely temperament and walks at heel on lead.

Elderly Cyprus terrier: doesnt need long walks because of age but loves a bit of an outin.

8 month daschund cross: booked in for neutering next month so wont be walkable for a while, but would love someone to come and play with her while I exercise the others.

Cyprus terriers and basically a poodle/terrier cross. Tend to have terrier build and temperament but curly poodle fur! About the size of a Westie. Great temperaments and advanatage they dont shed hair though need regular trimming in summer. Usually white cream but can come in any colour.

I live in Ozankoy

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 17:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 26 in Discussion

msg 19. We are only in NC for 1 month Christmas/New Year but would like to help with walking your dogs then, we walk most days and love Ozankoy and surrounding area to walk, walked from Dogankoy to Ozankoy in January. We have friends in Ozankoy so know the area. We don't have our own dog here in the UK as we now take holidays and our family usually away at the same time so would cost too much for kennels.

buffyvento

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 17:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 26 in Discussion

hı bızzılızzı wıll chat to hubby sounds good

buffyvento

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 18:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 26 in Discussion

for the cost of the transportatıon etc etc ı feel ıt would be more faır on dogs to gıve KAR a contrıbutıon and let them be rehomed a lady ıs very keen and can gıve them lots of love head rulıng heart doesnt help that ı just watched marley and me.

buffyvento

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 18:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 26 in Discussion

hı jeepsafarı need to fınd the rıght home but then ı wıll be ın touch ıf not gone seems hard to rent wıth dogs here

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 26 in Discussion

buffy: Have you decided not to bring the Westies?

Would you consider being "Aunty" to one or more of my three dogs. I can home and feed them but partly because of my own health problems cant walk them all at once, and they pine if left alone. And I could do with finding them some respite care.

Middle aged Cocker spaniel type: Lovely temperament and walks at heel on lead.

Elderly Cyprus terrier: doesnt need long walks because of age but loves a bit of an outin.

8 month daschund cross: booked in for neutering next month so wont be walkable for a while, but would love someone to come and play with her while I exercise the others.

Cyprus terriers and basically a poodle/terrier cross. Tend to have terrier build and temperament but curly poodle fur! About the size of a Westie. Great temperaments and advanatage they dont shed hair though need regular trimming in summer. Usually white cream but can come in any colour.

I live in Ozankoy

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 26 in Discussion

Woodspeckie: Great....post when you next come here and we can fix something up. The youngest dog will be an age where she needs lots of exercise by Christmas, and hopefully had more change to practice her lead training.

Buffyvento: Let me know if interested and we can arrange to meet...and it will give you a chance to get to know a Cyprus terrier and decide if you want want of your own - personally I would certainly recommend them for anyone wanting a small dog - they are cute to look at but have the "guts" and liveless of a terrier.

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 23:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 26 in Discussion

BizziLizzi. Will post look forward to meeting your dogs. We borrow next doors two springer spaniels most afternoons and take them walkies while their owners are at work otherwise they are in the garden alone all day, just had them full time 4 days while they were on hols so well used to dog walking.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.