North Cyprus Tourist Board - can anyone help i need some cheap transport from larnaca
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > can anyone help i need some cheap transport from larnaca

can anyone help i need some cheap transport from larnaca

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

lilaclady

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 18:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

i am going to the turtle bay village for 6 months and i need pick ups for ourselves and friends and family all at different times of year i was wondering if anyone in the village could help me with this as taxis are so expensive i would be very grateful and maybe i could do a favour for someone ,it is from larnaca thanks sue

Enchanted

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Catch the bus. Not so convenient but cheap. Can't be too bad if friends and family can afford the flights.

lilaclady

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 20:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

as the flight gets in late the bus wouldnt be an option aaand as for my freinds and family affording the flight i never said it was bad but as i have to pick them up i just wanted a cheaper option i didnt want to cause offence

kathsj

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 20:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

If they are renting a car from them a-one do £25 ew (up to 4 people) or if there are any single will do £10 if they are prepared to wait for up to approx 1hr. Dont think anyone is doing anything better.

reyntj

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 20:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

hi im sure your not trying to cause offence but a taxi is probably £40- £50 sterling. but the journey is probaly 1 hour each way plus waiting time and then the taxi driver has to go elsewhere so your your average cabi takes three hours of their time less petrol costs and insurance for both sides plus vehicle maintenance depreciation insurance and dont forget tax.i only use tc cabs but i dont think their expensive given the above costs

HappyLappy

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Hello Lilaclady, I can recommend Mehmet's Taxi, he drives a seven seater Vito Merc. he is very reliable and I have total confidence in him. He is always waiting for me at the airport regardless of time, his e'mail address is mehmet_tutar@yahoo.com.

japeal

Message Posted:
04/02/2012 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Look at http://www.esentepebrisk.com they are based in Esentepe which is not far from Turtle Bay

roblyn

Message Posted:
05/02/2012 12:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Hello Lilaclady, You're post wasn't offensive.Anyone who found it to be so,it's their problem.

Difficulty is that anyone with a Turkish registered private car has to buy a months ins to cross the border for any reason even if it's only one trip.

You may have more luck if you post again. Detailing your flight dates/times etc

Possibility that someone may be coming over to drop someone off and could collect you for the return journey,or someone on your flight may have the same destination and would share a taxi with you.

Once here you can ask arround about shared trips etc for when your family and friends join you.

Hope this is helpful to you

Enchanted, read Lilacladys post again She said could anyone from the village help her. If you are part of the village God help us all!!!!

muskrat

Message Posted:
05/02/2012 14:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

I totally agree with Roblyn, including the last comment! I am in the air force based in the Gulf whilst my wife is living in Lapta. I fly to Larnaca every month and hire a car. I would be more than willing to to support "the village spirirt" by offereing anyone a lift - free of charge, or perhaps a beer on arrival!

Marion

Message Posted:
05/02/2012 19:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

So glad you have the community spirit Muskrat. so important. You may see on another thread that I needed help (for the first time ever) of getting to Larnaca. some kind man with the same community spirit has offered, but i could not find a taxi under £50. don't know where the 40 pounders are gone.

perhaps message no; 1 needs to post some exact dates later, and then maybe we could help.

It is such a shame about taxis. Were I a family it would be O.K, but just me, and it means that none of them have my business, whereas if they tried to help, they would get a couple of bob and a good reputation. I appreciate all the costs and time invol,ved, but as I said on another thread 'why do they charge pounds sterling?' They buy their petrol in tl, (or maybe euros), their mainteance, garage costs are in tl, so why can't we have a tl price, especilaly as few people get pound notes in their hands.

Good luck message 1. I am sure some folk will help when the time is known.

lilaclady

Message Posted:
06/02/2012 16:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

hi many thanks for your kind comments we are arriving 1st may at about 9-30 pm and going to turtle bay vil;lage and as i said i would return the favour i am going to turtle bay village which i heard is a community so i could do help someone else.thannk you for the kind people who werent sarcastic sue

roblyn

Message Posted:
07/02/2012 09:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Lilaclady/Sue,

May I suggest you make a new post detailing your dates and flight times nearer to the time you plan to travel.

You could be lucky and attract the attention of a fellow traveller who could offer you some help.

This present posting will be way way down the list within the next couple of months and unlikely to attract the attention you'll need to get any response

Good Luck

lilaclady

Message Posted:
07/02/2012 12:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

thank you roblyn i will do that regards sue

Pippie

Message Posted:
07/02/2012 17:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Sorry Lilaclady, this won't help you but just in response to Marion's post, Taxi Express are advertising on this forum at the moment that you can get a taxi transfer for Larnaca up to 15th March for £40.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.