North Cyprus Tourist Board - How can a student support himself in north cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > How can a student support himself in north cyprus

How can a student support himself in north cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

fidelis

Message Posted:
06/02/2012 20:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Hey there,I am a master student with a lot of free time and needs to do some part time work to help pay my bills and to keep me busy.But am told students are not allowed to work in North cyprus.Please residents of north cyprus,I need help and directives on how to go about this without going against the laws of the land.

get to me using forum or fomolo80@yahoo.co.uk .

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
06/02/2012 20:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

You can't work; that's it. You are a student. You have a student visa that means you cannot do any PAID work. The main word in the last sentence is PAID. Now if you were to Volunteer for the charity shops in the TRNC then I'm sure the authorities wouldn't mind to much. You may well find that your services are needed in places such as Cheshire Homes or KAR.

If you are caught doing PAID work you will be extradited back to your country and you will become persona non grata. You will also lose all your course fees too.

The risk you take is yours; and yours alone.

AllyTT

Message Posted:
06/02/2012 20:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Actually students are allowed to work part-time up to 20 hours a week, or they were up until last year when I last enquired.

fidelis

Message Posted:
06/02/2012 20:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

TimothyCadman,do u mean that the contribution of students to the economy here is not important?Because not only payment but what is put into the economy should also be looked at.

philbailey

Message Posted:
06/02/2012 23:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

msg 2, an estate agent giving advice in Cyprus?

mahdel

Message Posted:
07/02/2012 03:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

You are legally allowed to work part-time, but jobs are very hard to come by and because of the amount of students in your same situation the job market is very competitive and pay will be low for most part-time positions that would suit a student.

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
07/02/2012 06:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

I answered (sort of) another thread on this, you will no doubt have a student visa, then go and see the university as they must have some guidelines on what you can and can't do LEGALLY.

My friends used to employ a part time student and it was legal though I do not know the in's and out's of it and they are no longer here to ask.

The last thing you want to do is get caught working illegally and then finding your student status is in jeopardy.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.