North Cyprus Tourist Board - Schools--sunny lane?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Schools--sunny lane?

Schools--sunny lane?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Schools Posts

terryW.H.F.C

Message Posted:
16/12/2008 23:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 39 in Discussion

Hi all could some one help, I recently like most parents had a disagreement with sunny lane, thet wanted my 10 & 9 year old boys two walk 1 . 5 kolimeters to get the school bus, well after a few heated calls to the school the school backed down and agreed that they would collect my boys at the end of our street, Why should it have come to this as i pay for the service , any how the school head master told me he does not run the school and told me the unwins do well i spoke to MARK UNWIN and he told me the opersit???? So who does run the school??? to be honest i found them both unplesant and un helpfull and would NOT reconmend the school to any one, no wonder they call his business conwins...........

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 01:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 39 in Discussion

You got the result you wanted in the end.....your kids picked up where you wanted them picked up. Why complain?

It wouldn't of course have anything to do with the personal vendetta you are trying to vent against Unwins?

From the way you are complaining so much it appears that YOU didn't do YOUR homework before coming and signing contracts for a home in the TRNC. There is enough mud flung about Unwins on this board and many other Bulletin Boards. If you'd checked them before signing contracts maybe you would have thought twice or three times before using them.

If you really hate Unwins that much send the kids to Girne American College instead!

Groucho

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 07:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 39 in Discussion

Terry,

We have to take our kids from Esentepe to the Grove Inn and collect from Lemar Catalkoy... a 50 mile round trip per day to meet the bus.

I therefore think you get off lightly...

As a result of parents insisting that the bus makes a detour from the main routes for their little darlings our kids have to spend an extra 25 minutes on the bus than they ought to... So, for us, you are probably part of the problem not part of the solution...

It was our understanding that once payment for this erstwhile 'free service' started the routes would be streamlined; so as to provide a speedier service for those children spending nearly two hours a day on the bus... our hopes were dashed when all sorts of shennanigans ensued to prevent this streamlining.

Please don't moan... as you will understand, I have little sympathy.

It is true that the bus routes and timings are controlled by Salih at the Unwin's office so being at odds with My Leyland over it is pointless.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 08:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 39 in Discussion

While I am no fan of the Unwin Empire and fully aware, as most are here of the companies operations these facts have been going around the internet for the 4 years or so I have been posting.

So please post any valid complaints you have not things that could easily have been dealt with many months ago and you will get full support of myself, Groucho and others.

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 09:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 39 in Discussion

In defence of Mr. Leyland, it is my understanding that he runs the academic side of the school while others, no doubt including the Unwins, run the administration. The school is run as a business (nothing wrong with that) and as such it must make ends meet and return a profit. If it doesn't, changes would need to be made or fees raised. The school is not a charity and provides a service that many parents are glad to make use of. We can't have it both ways.

I am not an interested party here, other than that my son attends SL and I want his school to continue providing him with a good education at a cost I can afford.

aripointer

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 09:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 39 in Discussion

I hear one of the buses has been repossed by Toros? For non payment.

Could be a reduced service?

AP

terryW.H.F.C

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 09:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 39 in Discussion

1, the bus could have run easly past my childrens drop of point with out loss of time, but no they wanted to argue about it, yes i got what i wanted in the end,

2, i am aware of who runs the bus service, just asked school for there help with the matter is that wrong.

3,Maybe i did not do my home work to the full, yes i was foolish and was lead by some one i thought i could trust, how wrong was i.

4, when a head master tells you he has nothing to do with the running of the school, what are you meant to think.

PtePike

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 11:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 39 in Discussion

Am I alone in thinking there's absolutely nothing wrong in boys aged nine and 10 walking a mile for the school bus? Unless the road is a deathtrap with no pavements etc, kids need at least this much exercise each day.

terryW.H.F.C

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 12:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 39 in Discussion

pte pike please keep your coments to your self, are you a parent????????

keithcaley

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 14:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 39 in Discussion

Terry Donovan (terryW.H.F.C),

With respect,

What gives you the right to tell anyone to keep their comments to themselves?

EVERYBODY has a right to express their opinions on this board, provided that they are POLITE - you might want to bear that last point in mind...

If you don't want people to comment on your whinging and slanderous comments, I have a simple solution that you might like to consider.

Don't post them on an open forum.

Have you also considered the reation of the other children / Parents at the school, (including, of course, the Unwins themselves, and their children) towards YOUR children, once your outspoken views become widely known at the school?

Think about it.

Best regards,

Keith.

fire starter

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 14:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 39 in Discussion

terry

if you don't like the school or the management, why not change it?

when one of my sons were bullied and the school refused to do anything about it in the uk, i told the school to stick it and enrolled my son in a different school which gave me a 10 mile a day trip.

i wouldn't leave my kids where either i or they were unhappy.

Chicken Run

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 14:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 39 in Discussion

Well said Keith.

TUT TUT Terry... you should really think about what you say before you open your mouth. Why should the school bus go off route to pick up your kids? If they done this for everone the bus would have to pick up the first kids at 5am in the morning. And Pike is right... when i was nine and ten i walked 3 miles to school and this place is much safer than the UK.

It's obvious that your slanderous comments aren't going down to well with the other members of the board, so if you haven't got anything constructive to say I would give up now mate!!!

And yes... I am a parent!!!

sparta

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 14:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 39 in Discussion

i remember the school bus i used to lick the windows, (window licker) but i agree walking is fine, remember little house on the Prairie, those poor kids walked about 10 miles to school with their books and their soup was always cold when they got there.

Terry what would you say if your kids never done their homework !!

you should have done yours....

Chicken Run

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 15:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 39 in Discussion

Sparta... lol

terryW.H.F.C

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 16:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 39 in Discussion

ok i agree i messed up how ever the bus has not gone of route it takes it no longer to get to school then before at the end of the day i have payed for the service and as a paying customer i want what i pay for and if any of you dont like that tuff, and for all of you i have paid for the school and the bus for the full year and i have not said my children are un happy there OK , it is me whom is unhappy with the school, and if i have upset anyone with my post i am sorry but as some of you say we are all have our opinions.

Chicken Run

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 39 in Discussion

Well if the school reads your horrible comments on this board Terry, after they accomodated your demands, I wouldn't be surprised if they change their mind about the buses... and I for one will laugh at you. You got what you wanted, so shut up and go away!

britvic

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 16:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 39 in Discussion

Terry, it might have been better to put one post about Unwins/School.

That way you would have saved yourself getting slagged off twice!

terryW.H.F.C

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 16:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 39 in Discussion

well Charlie i can have my opinions and at least i dont hide my full name unlike some, and as for this post i have said all i need to say and all im going to say. And Charlie you do the same shut up and go away.

keithcaley

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 16:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 39 in Discussion

Come on you lot!

He took it on the chin, and said he was wrong - what more do you want?

There's no fun to be had mauling a corpse... (cue Pikey, I suspect)

Keith.

sparta

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 17:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 39 in Discussion

yes i agreeeeeee mauling he got, but give him his due he is like Rocky he keeps coming back for more..

PtePike

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 17:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 39 in Discussion

keithcaley: "There's no fun to be had mauling a corpse... (cue Pikey, I suspect)"

I don't know how you found out about that, Keith, but I'm glad it's out in the open as to be honest I was starting to feel remorse and self-loathing .

That reminds me of the time I got caught photocopying a woman's *rse at work. Needless to say the boss sacked me - and what's more he told me I'd never work in a mortuary again.

esentepesuzie

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 17:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 39 in Discussion

We also have to take children from Esentepe to the Grove each day to catch the

school bus , leaving Esentepe at 7 am to do so. If you only had to travel 1.5 km

you were lucky, but you have forced the school bus to detour their route to pick your

kids up at the end of your road. The ones who cant walk to the main road to catch the bus are the ones which make our kids school day so long, our kids don't get home until 5.30 or 6pm some days. The routes were going to be revised to be

quicker and stick to the main roads only, but without all parents agreeing it is not

likely to happen..

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 18:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 39 in Discussion

One of things we parents need to take into account is where we will live here and where our kids will go to school. When we moved here we had a house in Catalkoy and our son was the first on and last off his bus to Sunny Lane. When we moved we considered Esentepe and Kara Agac but the commuting weighed too heavily against this. If a bus route changes after we enroll our children we may have a case, but if we know in advance we don't have much chance of making that case.

gibson335

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 18:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 39 in Discussion

Pte Pike msg8

Don't anybody fall over when they read this but I AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used to walk to school everyday a total of 2.5 miles there and back. It's probably the only exercise most kid's get these day's

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 18:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 39 in Discussion

PP & gibson335. You are both correct. Children need the exercise, they don't get it at home sitting in front of a TV playing computer games.

Kibris

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 39 in Discussion

Am I missing something here?...... when I was at school, I Walked to the bus abou ta mile and a half...... never thought of asking if it would come and pick me up.... wow i could have had an extra hour in bed!!!

Groucho

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 18:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 39 in Discussion

We used to walk about 1.5 miles to school over some fields called 'Flood Meadows' in Alton, there was a stream, watercress beds, newts, leeches and frogs a plenty and it was a wonderful way to start the day... getting in touch with nature... I was late home often as you can imagine.

I must add that this field was the site of Alton's most notorius child murder of one 'Sweet Fanny Adams' (buried in the graveyard near the St Lawrence and Amery Hill Schools...) She was dismembered and parts of her body left hanging on hop poles in various fields...

This was long, long before we were tramping to school across these fields and we were not told about it until much later, otherwise I think we'd have run all the way!

It is a shame that childhood innocence seems to have been lost in the UK.. children are bombarded with worries about kidnappers and rapists and don't get a chance to feel how wonderful life can be with fetters and chains...

Cont...

Groucho

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 18:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 39 in Discussion

The term 'Sweet Fanny Adams' entered the English vocabulary as a direct result of this gruesome murder and sailors from Portsmouth nicknamed the awful stew served up to them 'Sweet Fanny Adams'....

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 39 in Discussion

I bet they ate the stew though.......

The-Wicks

Message Posted:
17/12/2008 21:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 39 in Discussion

Groucho - I think that "Sweet Fanny Adams" is the total amount of homework Terry W.H.F.C. did whilst he was at school.

LOL

J

aripointer

Message Posted:
19/12/2008 01:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 39 in Discussion

Interesting?

Anyone having a pop at Unwins and their ? activities.

Up pops Sparta 007 and Chicken Run 006 and a half defending Unwins.

Can they tell us why the bus was recovered by the baliffs for non payment to Toros?

Possibly the boss has not told them?

Chicken Run

Message Posted:
19/12/2008 09:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 39 in Discussion

HA HA... good try AP. When everyone jumps on you, you have to try and turn it around. I'm not defending anyone, I just think that people should comment on what they know. You never bought through Unwins, never bought on Amaranta, yet you think you know more than the people that did!!!

Maybe it's you AP that works for another agent, as you only seem to slag off Unwins. What double agent do you work for AP?

If you look back there's actually a few other people that joined Sunny Lane/Unwins posts... do they all work for Unwins then.

Get a life mate and think up something original!!! ;o)

aripointer

Message Posted:
19/12/2008 09:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 39 in Discussion

Chicken Run

Where is the bus?

Please try and answer the question please?

Chicken Run

Message Posted:
19/12/2008 09:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 39 in Discussion

How do I know AP? You seem to know all the Answers... why don't you tell us?

What agent do you work for?

Please try and answer the question please?

sparta

Message Posted:
19/12/2008 10:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 39 in Discussion

Ap what bus? i think you are the agent, you seem to know a lot about Unwins, and you only went to their office once in 05.......and meet a porky pie senior agent...so you say......................

maybe you are realy johnny English 003 or Mr Bean

take it on the chin, and lay down, and retire Rocky did in the end HA

Kitty Kat Jac

Message Posted:
19/12/2008 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 39 in Discussion

airpointer - I work for Unwins, maybe just maybe the bus is in for repair!!

Chicken Run

Message Posted:
19/12/2008 11:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 39 in Discussion

Thanks for clearing that up Kitty... Happy now AP?

aripointer

Message Posted:
19/12/2008 13:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 39 in Discussion

Kitty Kat Jac

If you are a senior agent in the Unwins inner circle? Perhaps you should ask M where the bus is? 00 six and a half (chicken run) has lost the plot as usual. He cannot be trusted he keeps missing the point. I think it is time he was put down?

AP

Chicken Run

Message Posted:
19/12/2008 13:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 39 in Discussion

AP... I'm sure Kitty just said the bus was in for repairs on msg 36.

I think you're missing the point pointer... everyone is bored with your silly comments and i can't be bothered to entertain you anymore!!!

See ya... looser!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.