North Cyprus Tourist Board - UNWANTED ITEMS NEEDED for small recycling project
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > UNWANTED ITEMS NEEDED for small recycling project

UNWANTED ITEMS NEEDED for small recycling project

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

SewSew

Message Posted:
19/02/2012 23:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

I am putting together a project to recycle many unwanted items in the TRNC using lots of creativity and volunteered time. Any proceeds from creations will go to local environmental causes such as SPOT and the MTCP.

This requires your help please!!!

At the moment i need unwanted clothing items, and broken china/tiles.

This will enable 'prototype' creations to be made to showcase the possibilities there are to help the local environment on a small scale initially, but still reducing waste and giving back to the environment at the same time

If you have things to donate, please call 0533 848 8509 to arrange collection / drop off

1 carrier bag full per person i'm sure would be a great start. If one person collected from their group of friends and then calls me i think we could organise this without too much difficulty (with luck)

Thank you very much to all

ozankoymum

Message Posted:
20/02/2012 07:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

I think this is a great idea, I will have a look, I have lots of clothes you can have.

Well done on the idea.

pammick

Message Posted:
20/02/2012 08:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Have noted your number - will see what I can dig out. Best of luck, sounds like a nice idea.

Pam

chr1ch

Message Posted:
20/02/2012 14:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

In the UK we have freecycle or freegle, where you "offer" stuff for free, or place a "wanted" ad.

Would this work in TRNC?

Freecycle/freegle is run by Yahoo! groups and can be set up anywhere. For example I am a member of a Morecambe group and a Lancaster group as they are nearby. They have a few rules and regulations such as the layout of your post (for easy reading), and stipulation this is not to be used to obtain stuff to sell on for profit.

I have picked up a couple of bikes, some motorcycle stuff and given away furniture and all sorts of stuff.

Its a great way of emptying the garage/cupboard and passing stuff on to who really needs it.

Chris

SewSew

Message Posted:
22/02/2012 23:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Thanks for your replies I look forward to speaking with you and getting started with your donations!!

I'll certainly look into the freecycle type groups from yahoo too, good suggestion.

Hope to hear from more of you with offers / suggestions

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.