North Cyprus Tourist Board - Dek's Moonlight and Deks, Bogaz
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Dek's Moonlight and Deks, Bogaz

Dek's Moonlight and Deks, Bogaz

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

magmalc46

Message Posted:
20/02/2012 18:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Can someone help me with my confusion - it doesn't take much. It seems that there are 2 Deks in Bogaz, one which has a Saturday market and another with great food etc. Plese where are they in Bogaz - don't know it too well. Does the Saturday market one take place throughout the year? I am coming out in April.

Any help greatly accepted!

Thanks

marcosthechef

Message Posted:
20/02/2012 18:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

I am not totally sure how upto date I am, but the original DEKS was just outside Yeni erinkoy passed Malibu Beach Hotel and the same people bought Moon over the water on the famagusta to Bogaz road in Iskele which i thought they called DEKS too, now that one had a market, hope that helps

Marion

Message Posted:
20/02/2012 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

No actually, one DEKS is in Bogaz - the old Moon over the Water, and the other is at Yeni erenkoy (a couple of kms the other side of the village). Actually they are both run by the same people (there has been a bbit of a change recently) and occasionally there is a small market at yeni Erenkoy, mainly to help the Royal Donkeys.

If you want an e mail or phone number I can supply.

Hope that helps a bit.

simbas

Message Posted:
20/02/2012 18:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Marco , you are right Deks on the Bogaz road did have a Market on a Saturday . I don't know what's happening now since Keith & Sue have left though

Simbas

Giles

Message Posted:
20/02/2012 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Simbas, the market seems to be in abeyance at the moment. Jan the "Cat Lady" has a stall at Karsel on a Saturday am.

Deks is in good hands (judging by Valentines night) and is winding up for the season.

Fish and Chips on Thursday.....Will you be there?

Giles

PS.....For Marion who thinks Yeni Erenkoy is a "couple of kms from Bogaz" Fancy running it with me?

simbas

Message Posted:
20/02/2012 19:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Giles , who is running it now ?

Simbas

Tiggy

Message Posted:
21/02/2012 00:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

DE are the first initials of the couple who run the restaurant in Yenierenkoy and KS (Keith & Sue) who ran it in on the Gazimagusa road outside Bogas. They were partners

We went in to have a meal in October and was turned down as we were told we had to book the food the night before!! (portion control) Keith apologised and we went to "Kiyi" which also does great food.

We were really embarrassed as we had brought a friend with us as she wanted to eat somewhere nice on her last night with us. We had been to the place several times since it opened. approx 8 people in the place on the night.

The food when you could get it was well presented and first class. Will not be going back.

Marion

Message Posted:
21/02/2012 02:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

ooops , when i said DEKS at yeni erenkoy was a couple of kms from the village, I meant the village/town of Yeni Erekoy,not Bogaz.

and to tiggy - I heard all about your unfortunate saga, but do give it a try again. Denise and Eren are back in charge with the other couple (sorry, forgotten their names) who help out at Y.E. Iskele hasthe same good service as Y.E. and hopefully the same warm hospitality now that K and S have gone.

Oh, and I don't run anywhere. Have car, will travel!

And to message 1, why not give a ring to 0533 830 9568 and speak to DEKS and find out what markets etc they are running.

Might even see you there cos I love going over there (with a car) but time does not allow it too much. Oh and they have quiz nights etc at Y.E. - a very popular place with locals.

rosylee

Message Posted:
21/02/2012 09:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Hi .Deks Moon Light at Bogaz/Iskele is open every Saturday morning for the usual good food and the car boot/table top is there...been a bit sparse due to the weather over the past couple of weeks.

Deks at Yeni Erenkoy has not changed in any way...always a warm welcome,good food and good company.

Keith and Sue left the partnership so the remaining 4 have had to do a quick turnaround so to speak.I feel sure that things will be back to mormal with all the good food and hospitality in the very near future.I noted the good selection of food available on the menu board and was quite impressed-prices sensible too.

Jan is at the Karsel restaurant car park on Bogaz Harbour Saturdays 11am .If wet,the stall is set up inside.

Wishing all the above Good Luck for the coming season.

wattys

Message Posted:
21/02/2012 10:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

What happened to Keith & Sue from Deks Bogaz ?

rosylee

Message Posted:
21/02/2012 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

I think they are back in the UK but not sure .You know what chinese whispers are like.Best to keep shtum.

dippersgirl

Message Posted:
21/02/2012 17:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Last time we were there was mid November for fish and chips. It was busy, the food and service was good and Denise was happy. We don't eat out that often, but hope to go there again soon.

magmalc46

Message Posted:
22/02/2012 18:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Thanks everyone for all the info.

I will be there at one or perhaps both!

May see you

rosylee

Message Posted:
25/02/2012 13:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Up-date on the 2 DEKS:-MOONLIGHT at Bogaz...Food available at all functions/entertainmet nights.Sunday Lunch 1.30pm -4pm. Cod,chips & mushy peas THURS each week (booking advisable for both days)

Friday night each week is "Play your cards right"+"who wants to be a millionaire"-good fun ! )))))) 7.30 for 8pm.

First WED of each month starting WED 7th March7.30 for 8pm start= Quiz night with funds to Jan for the care of the cats.

DEKS at Yeni Erenkoy=FREE Turkish lessons each TUE 10am,FREE Deks Trecks THURS each week 9am(Sept to June) BINGO Tues 8pm Cod ,chips & mushy peas FRI night

BOOKINGS/ENQUIRIES Denise 05338309568 kim 05338854445

just had to post this as it would be a shame for Moonlight to loose custom due to the past uncertainties .

Tiggy

Message Posted:
25/02/2012 22:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Hello Marion,

we are over again in May........we live very close to DEKS and we will give it another go!

Do we need to book the food now? !!!!!!!!!!

regards,

Patrick

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.