North Cyprus Tourist Board - Food or heating, what would you choose?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Food or heating, what would you choose?

Food or heating, what would you choose?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
21/02/2012 22:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

I saw this on faceook...and it made me hang my head in shame...here's me complaining of being cold!

http://beta.wvi.org/content/severe-cold-forces-families-choose-between-food-and-wood-heating

DD

spider

Message Posted:
22/02/2012 00:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

The streets of London are just as bad. We all suffer with high class problems compared to so many in the world today. :(

Spider,X

ttoli

Message Posted:
22/02/2012 00:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Yep, kinda puts ones problems into perspective, prior to moving over I hit a stumbling block about paying the next stage payment on the Villa (disgruntled co-executor) and I stood to lose the £10k deposit that I laid down, then an appeal came on TV for the victims of Darfur..........

Groucho

Message Posted:
22/02/2012 07:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

and turned off the TV?

yrret

Message Posted:
22/02/2012 08:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Unfortunately, the world over people do not take into account their situations, or possible future situations, which can change hugely in a lifetime, before taking on commitments of all kinds.

This guy knows he lives in one of the poorest countries on the planet, but has 4 kids, so, that's not just 4 kids he has to keep and keep warm, but each of their 4 kids later, and so it goes on.

Look at Africa, whole regions starving, so what do they do, have many more kids than they can feed, then just hold out there hand for someone else to feed them.

Countries resources, and economies can only sustain a certain level, above that, the goods are shared out more, and divided down, and many suffer.

The adverts on the TV about 'who will feed her' etc, they never show the business plan about who will then feed her 5 kids, and their 5 kids.

It's a cruel world, some are destined to be lucky, or make their own luck, some are not so fortunate, and none of us choose where we are born.

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
22/02/2012 09:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

If in Africa and India the poor things knew that their children were going to survive into adulthood then they would not have so many. The mortality rate is shocking - not many children live to be 5 years old.

They rely on their children to look after them in their old age, so important to have more children to ensure this.

We are so lucky. Their plight is heartbreaking and no matter how much money is thrown at their problem, nothing seems to improve.

The people in Government however, are smartly dressed and are not at all undernourished.

Shame on them!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.