North Cyprus Tourist Board - Bahceli builders rubble
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Bahceli builders rubble

Bahceli builders rubble

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

sonypro

Message Posted:
25/02/2012 10:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Does anyone know who is responsible for the dumping of buiders + household rubble in Bahceli

if so they need to be exposed and reported .

fryingpan

Message Posted:
25/02/2012 10:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

all builders and the beledesi do it,there is a mound of rubble outside our villa,beledesi did it,welcome to trnc,this is the norm

tomsteel

Message Posted:
25/02/2012 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

You must respect the fact we are merely visitors in a foreign country. The locals do not think as expats do - just accept it, leave or continue to have frustration; I know the choice I have taken.

Mindy

Message Posted:
25/02/2012 12:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

It has been addressed on here many times in the past regarding this problem.

The common theme then was: 1. Education from an early age to respect your environment.

2. Settlers from the mainland getting the blame for most of it.

Simply not true when large construction companies are responsible for a lot of it.

I think the Government should be held responsible for not putting any structure in place for dealing with this problem. If it is true that the beledesi have been dumping also then what hope is there. They should be setting an example. It is as though there is no respect for the beautiful place they live in.

tomsteel

Message Posted:
25/02/2012 12:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Ref msg 4. Mindy, whilst I laud your thoughts, it is apparent the Government, Beledesi and locals do not care. No amount of expat advice/cajooling etc is going to change this. They do not appreciate the jewel they have, but such is life.

fryingpan

Message Posted:
25/02/2012 13:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

so correct tom ,i walked from st hilliar castle to the resteraunt at the end,approx 30 km,i dont think their was a single 10 metre stretch were there was no litter,but hey,dont look at the ground, look sideways for a veiw to rival anything anywhere

Isabella

Message Posted:
25/02/2012 16:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Think back to the UK 40 years ago. Paper everywhere. People opened cigarette packets and through them on the floor also sweet wrappers etc. We came off the ferry at Dover with our caravan at that time and up the main road from Dover. Either side of the road the embankments were just full of litter all the way along. I wondered what foreigners must think when they enter the UK as we had motored around France for a month and seen no litter. Do we see much litter around today on the streets in the UK? - give NC the same amount of time and report then.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.