North Cyprus Tourist Board - brıngıng 2 westıe dogs over from uk
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > brıngıng 2 westıe dogs over from uk

brıngıng 2 westıe dogs over from uk

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

buffyvento

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 00:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

hı can anyone tell me what ı neeed to get ın order for the dogs to fly them easter or summer thıs year rabıes etc not sure of tıme scale and what ıs the best aırlıne and costs

moxie

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 03:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

sorry not sure of that stuff ...but please always ensure you keep funds to take them back..sorry to be negative but i dont want to see you leave ...without your family? ...Type in the search bar for info

rowan

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 06:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

e mail KAR and they will tell you all you need.

swyflot

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 08:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

They will need Pet passports.All injections up to date. microchipped, flea treatments up to date and rabies injections done, after 3 weeks blood checked to ensure that rabies injection is OK . Check the Defra website or chat to your local vet

buffyvento

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 09:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

we have looked ınto ıt totally devastated cannot afford to brıng them and my father ın law was holdıng them for us but now needs to rehome a lady has come forward on hıs walks who has fallen ın love but ı have crıed solıd last nıght and thıs mornıng thıs was my dread ın movıng here as they were my babıes ı cant have any really sad thanks anyway x

buffyvento

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 09:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

ı am goıng to look for property that wıll allow dogs ın case we cazn fınd any way to reduce the costs but they need all uk vet stuff plus flıght costs ıf ı had a chıld ıt would be a fractıon of the cost and complıcatıons feelıng quıte dısıllusıoned they are 6 and 7 and we had them sınce pups

snd1966

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 10:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Try and rehome if its going to be a financial struggle to bring them leave them, unless you have legal jobs you will be quite shocked how quickly money flows through ones fingers here. Dog cat food here is very expensive compared to the south and the uk but hey its costs to get there too. The good news they do get used to pasta and veg quite quickly. Good luck

blade

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 12:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

I think you should look for suitable accomodation before considering bringing them. Not all rentals take pets and if your worried about the cost of bringing your pets, maybe you should consider if you can afford to live here, to start with?

Pasta and veg is not a balanced diet for a dog. So think very carefully before making the move.

Good luck with what ever you decide.

Mindy

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 12:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Buffyvento

We brought our Jack Russel to TRNC in 2006, the costs were approx £1200. But after speaking with folks at the Quarantine place in Lefkosia some had got their pets there for a fraction of what i paid. One lady had bought her own pet carrier and done all paperwork herself and it cost her £299 to fly her dog, and it was a big dog. I believe it was a London airport. On a sad note our pet died from poisoning after getting out of garden on only one occasion, she had only strayed a short distance. There is so much worry when you have a pet in TRNC.

buffyvento

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 15:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

we have legal jobs here and are managıng fıne on the salary but reckonıng on 1500 pounds mınımum ıs more than we can fınd rıght now ı am also concerned about the summer heat last august they would have really struggled ı am comıng round to the ıdea that they are best ın the uk but ıt has been heart wrenchıng, sorry for your loss Mındy so sad I have emaıled you.

buffyvento

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 15:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

ı maybe should say we have lıved here 6 months wanted to settle before brıngıng them rather than rush ıt and fınd we could not manage here. yes ı know money trıckles not through my fıngers through my electrıcıty bıll haha.

blade

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 15:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

I think you also have to take into consideration when your dog lands in Cyprus there are also additional charges at the airport for unloading. The cost of those depend on time of arrival. Are you going to wait around for them yourself? or use an agent?

Import licences also cost.

As for the heat, i have a long hair dog, she is shaved off every summer to a reasonable length and does fine.

They learn to adapt very well. My other long haired dog, sadly died recently and she had been here 7 years.

As long as you learn the signs of heat stroke, just incase your dogs will be fine.

What i would say is that vets in the trnc are cheaper than in the UK, but don't expect the same experienced vets as you are use to.

jenfarrall

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 16:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Our blind,diabetic 8 year old Westie moved over with us 4 years ago. We clip her to nothing in the summer and she copes amazingly well with the heat,an old lady of 12 now,she has more problems with the winters and is constantly searching out sunny spots to snooze.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 17:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

buffy: The expense of keeping dogs here is not food - if you are prepared to cook rather than open a tin or packet, you can get cheap meat suitable for animals.which can be mixed with pasta and veg. It is the Vets Bills (and you cant insure as you can in UK) and cost of care if you need a holiday - or have to go into hospital etc.

The problem is there are so many strays here because people come and bring dogs and then have to go back and cant afford to take their dogs with them. Also too many unneutered dogs - if you do bring yours have them neutered.

If you can find a really good home for them in the UK it might show your love for them better to let them go to it, rather than risk having to abandon them. I have three dogs and havent had a holiday in years because I cant afford to put them in kennels and have serious problems when I am ill.

buffyvento

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 19:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

can close thread now not happenıng thanks

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.