North Cyprus Tourist Board - Bringing pets into/out of TRNC ?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Bringing pets into/out of TRNC ?

Bringing pets into/out of TRNC ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

the2ofus

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 11:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

There seem to be many questions recently about the ways/costs etc of bringing pets into and out of TRNC.

So for anyone who is interested in bringing pets in from UK - or those going back to UK - (or thinking of taking their pets elsewhere ) :

KAR are organising regular overland trips (hoped monthly from April to July then recommence in Sept) from UK to TRNC and then returning to UK. The whole cost of the trip is shared by ALL the animals owners using it on both inbound and outbound trips. The company is an established UK registered company , DEFRA approved and the couriers come from animal welfare backgrounds. They are also agents for many flight companies to varied destinations and can arrange pick up/drop up from many many places.

So whatever your questions or concerns please contact KAR (0533 869 4098 or email kar@kyreniaanimalrescue.org) they will be able to offer import/export advise on overland and varied flight options in both directions as well as to other countries.

blade

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 12:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

As are http://www.paws-kennels.com

the2ofus

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 14:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

I don't understand something on your other post Blade - why your courier company/vet are advocating changing the 3rd country paperwork over to EU Passports ?- there is absolutely no need as the 3rd country paperwork is already perfectly valid - and what is to be to gained, time wise or anything else, by doing something which may be illegal (as pointed out by Tango1) ?

blade

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 14:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

It is not illegal.

From what i understand as long as they communicate with the vet who did the paperwork its all legal.

They are a legal, registered , licenced EU animal transport company.

If you have the ' third country paper work' then wanted to leave the UK later for somewhere else in the EU, i am sure your vet would do the same.

Nothing dodgy , no need to do this other than just time saving. The pets need signing off for ' fit to travel ' & worming anyway.

7 days with 2 days rest over, is not that long time for a pet to travel.

erolz

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 17:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

My understanding is that third country paperwork (from the TRNC) is perfectly valid in terms of moving the animal into the EU including the UK. I am not yet convinced it is valid for the issuing of an EU pet passport. My understanding is that for an EU pet passport to be valid as such, the testing should be done within the EU via an EU vet. The rules for issuing of pet passports vary from country to country within the EU. I doubt however that in the UK for example a vet there would issue an EU pet passport on the basis of testing having been previously done outside the EU and on the strength of the third country paperwork. I might be wrong but this is my understanding currently.

I also question the need to do such. If I was moving an animal from the TRNC to the UK and knew that I would subsequently have need of an EU pet passport for that animal in the future I would seek to get one in the UK, rather one that was issued in Bulgaria when the animal was only there for 2 days.

daisythedog

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 22:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

msg 5 - you can only take an animal into the UK with a blood test report done by an EU Approved Laboratory.

Defra website states that after entry into UK you can take your third country certification etc to a vet and get an EU pet passport issued for future travel.

The Defra website regarding pet travel is now updated and much easier to understand.

erolz

Message Posted:
26/02/2012 23:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

thanks for that info daisythedog. It would appear that I was wrong then in thinking that the third country documentation could not be used to issue an EU pet passport without requiring new testing within the EU. Appologies to all for being wrong about that and thanks for correcting me.

blade

Message Posted:
27/02/2012 15:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Erolz,

None of us can be right all of the time. We are only human.

3leggedcat

Message Posted:
28/02/2012 10:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Re mess 3 & 4

Changing the paperwork may not be illegal but if it isnt necessary to get the animals safely into the uk why add two days to the journey and make the cost considerably higher? (It was stated on another thread that the cost is 950 stg, which if correct is nearly double that of animals travelling with animalcouriers). Dogs will probably not mind their Bulgarian "minibreak" if they have plenty of human contact and walkies, but I seriously doubt that moving cats into another strange environment for two days is of any benefit to them.

blade

Message Posted:
28/02/2012 14:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

The dogs take 2 days to travel to Bulgaria.

They rest over for 2 days so this can be done during the rest period. It makes travel quicker without carrying lots of paperwork. They need signing off fit to travel anyway.You also have the passport for if you wish to travel again later.

Then travel on to the Uk from there.

You may consider it expensive but if you look at the numbers, animal couriers took 15 did they not? Where as paws only take 10. The costs are roughly the same. For both overall trips. Just not per dog.

What isn't the same is the timescale and space / rest time provided on the journey.

For me i think it depends on what people want.

As for cats they do have a cattery so i don't see it any different from leaving them at a cattery while the owner takes a weeks holiday.

daisythedog

Message Posted:
28/02/2012 17:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Yes Blade, Animal Couriers took 15 but certain parts of Europe including the Uk will only allow 5 pets per person for a non-commercial movement, therefore there were 3 couriers. If Paws are only taking 10 then they only have 2 wages to pay.

blade

Message Posted:
28/02/2012 18:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Daisy,

i have no idea on how many staff they have to travel with. They are an experienced company so i would leave things to them and not tell them how to run their business. I;m sure they are not staying at 5 star hotels though.

At the end of the day it depends on what people want to do , what time scale they want to do it in and what they can afford.. In my experiences you only get what you pay for.

Thats peoples own choice for their pets.

I think you will also find that you can take in more than 5 dogs per person but need to make an application.

auguste

Message Posted:
28/02/2012 19:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

I lurned a lot about how to ımport pet from uk

what about to brıng 4 months old dog from turkey with all hıs paper accordıng turkısh regulatıon?

thank for help

blade

Message Posted:
28/02/2012 19:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

I would suggest you contact the TRNC goverment vets department the number is 0392 225 3751, they will advise you on current requirements.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.