North Cyprus Tourist Board - OK - So NOW can we have the truth about where all our money went?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > OK - So NOW can we have the truth about where all our money went?

OK - So NOW can we have the truth about where all our money went?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Banks Related Threads posted so far

» See North Cyprus Interest Rates

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 20:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 62 in Discussion

I am probably going to get banned for this but even if I do, I believe in freedom of speech and I want to know the truth about where all our money, which we freely gave with glad hearts to improve the lives of others, went.

The more people get banned for even asking makes me believe all the more that there is something smelly here, something which is being brushed under the carpet.

Why? Even if there was wrongdoing, we are entitled to know

Remember, we will all be asked to support charity events in the future, without answers will any of us give again.

Why the repression?

rowlo

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 20:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 62 in Discussion

its simple really , dont give no more , its been proven that only 5% of charity donations actually reach the benefactors , charity begins at home .

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 20:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 62 in Discussion

The repression via the Forum upsets me more than the money going missing ( I truly will continue to believe that it was stolen until someone proves otherwise)

And we ARE entitled to know!

tomsteel

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 62 in Discussion

Indeed, those who donated should be entitled to know. However, "this is Cyprus my friend," springs to mind! I am unsure my view will deem to be a 'bannable' post, but so be it. The only (in my opinion) way to secure exposure is via CH (Girne) releasing the accounts for their year. If this is refused - people must decide their next action, not this forum.

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 62 in Discussion

Commonsense must tell CH that the accounts cannot and should not be kept a secret. If this happens then none of us will ever support them again. (well, me anyway).

If not for this scandal we would not even consider asking to see the accounts. But, we did not cause the scandal and good PR would be to publish.....................(damage limitation)

TRNCvictim

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 62 in Discussion

How sad for the Leonard Cheshire homes! a charity close to my heart that comes from a part of the world I live! a good hard working charity! helping people with disabilities throughout the world!

Who are the scandalmongers suehowlittle? It could only happen in the TRNC!

It breaks my heart having come into contact with some of the people who condemn the condemned!

Why don't you all approach the home, personally and ask to see the accounts? instead of writing on a forum that will never be able to produce the accounts you all want so desperately to see!

There's enough of you with fire and hatred in your belly, get a posse together and approach the front door! Instead of making insinuations and threats of none support in the future through the back door!

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 00:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 62 in Discussion

What breaks my heart is that I know how much dedication and hard work has gone into building up a valuable resource in Northern Cyprus and I now have to see it put at risk by people who (on the basis of having purchased a ticket for a concert, PART of the proceeds of which went to Cheshire Homes) think the are entitled to to dictate to and interefere with those who are spending all their time and efforts to maximise the amounts that have been and will be handed to the Committee. Those of us who have contributed far more than the price of other Charities have to wait until the official Report and Accounts are published if we want to query where are money has gone - why is Cheshire Homes being discriminated against?

. Had the expatriate community been more supportive of recent years and prepared to make a contribution by money or time it might not have been necessary to raise money by a method which inherently was uncertain and subject to human error.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 00:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 62 in Discussion

Although I share TRNC Victims anger I hope nobody will take her last sentence seriously - because I am afraid those on here who have constituted themselves not only judge and jury but have pronounced sentence of execution prior to evidence may be that just that. Much as I would like to see the Police deal with such a situation, the Home cares for some very vulnerable people who might be put at serious risk by such action.

Turtle

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 00:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 62 in Discussion

Thats all very well and good BizziLizzi but if CH had come out and made some kind of statement all this would have been avoided.

Yes I agree..... a lot of hard and valuable work is being undermined here but its of their own making.

Make a statement and put this to bed,... simple as that

TRNCvictim

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 00:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 62 in Discussion

Turtle

Get your friends together and go ask your questions at the FRONT DOOR!

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 02:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 62 in Discussion

Turtle : A very small number of very hard working volunteers are dealing with a situation not of their making in the light of their experience and with expert advise.

I suggest that anyone who thinks they could do better should offer to help - Cheshire Homes have been trying to find more volunteers from the expat community for years - anyone of goodwill would be very welcome , particularly if they have relevant experience . Much more productive and actually much more satisfying than sitting at a computer writing vitriol and making a roman holiday out of the sufferings of others.

colly

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 06:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 62 in Discussion

message 2. Not sure of your source "proven only 5% gets to benefactor" I am sure that some where that may be true and perhaps even less but not for every charity!

yenibob

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 07:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 62 in Discussion

Why would the Benefactors get any money? They are the ones giving it.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 10:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 62 in Discussion

I think Rollo meant "beneficiary" ie the recipient not "benefactor" the giver! But he makes a very good point - whatever the exact figures a lot of the money collected for any Charity goes in various forms of expenses - and it is very sad for CH that the form of fund raising offered to them was by its nature heavy and complicated in expenses and they got out of control

I repeat had people been prepare to give direct of time, effort or money instead of demanding entertainment as a prerequisite to giving, this situation would not have arisen.

Anyone who really cares about the end users of the charity will now show their goodwill be offering direct help instead of spending their time carping and moaning - which will be better for them as well as the Charity.

TopTen

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 11:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 62 in Discussion

msg 14 Bizzilizzi

Its not a case of people giving their time its a matter of keeping people with shady backgrounds away from handling money.People gave their money for said concert because of the charity, they didn't expect it to be stolen.And because of this it will extremely difficult to get volunteers because of the fear of being tarred with same brush.

philbailey

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 11:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 62 in Discussion

Are the people concerned still on the island ?

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 11:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 62 in Discussion

Top Ten

There is a saying that all that is needed for evil to flourish is for good men (sic) to do nothing.

If Cheshire Homes had had sufficient support from, let us say, reliable people they would not have had to resort to "shady" (your word) help.

I make no comment on Festival 11 because I do not have the information to judge, but even from the most ill willed there has been no suggestion that there has been any malpractice on the part of the Cheshire Homes Committee so there would be no risk of being tarred with the same brush if you make your approach direct to them and you would then be in a position to judge for yourself the value of the work they do and how despicable it is to undermine it and to understand factors that are not (and should not be) in the public sector.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 11:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 62 in Discussion

Reverting to the expenses of Charities, I hope it will be some help to those concerned about the destination of their "donations" to know that when it comes to spending the money raised by Festival 11, money raised by previous efforts of Festival 11 and donations from other sources) only the very barest necessities (upkeep of premises and equipment , electricity etc.and a basic minimum of paid staff) are provided by way of expenses - the rest goes direct to the needy disabled.

When Cheshire Homes raise money by their own efforts (for instance the popular lunches and flag days) there are hardly any expenses since it is all done by volunteers (often Committee members) , Unforuntately funds raised this way have not been sufficient.

Compare this with the major UK charities(including Cheshire Homes INTERNATIONAL) where donations pay for the upkeep of large expensive building, paid professional staff , state of the art information technology etc. Charity really does begin at home.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 11:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 62 in Discussion

continued....................

On the other hand the major charities if faced with unwarranted attack such as that made on Cheshire Homes Kyrenia, would have had instant access to the type of legal representation that could have deal appropriately with defamation of character etc. and innocent volunteers and those in their care would not have suffered.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 12:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 62 in Discussion

Top Ten

There is a saying that all that is needed for evil to flourish is for good men (sic) to do nothing.

If Cheshire Homes had had sufficient support from, let us say, reliable people they would not have had to resort to "shady" (your word) help.

I make no comment on Festival 11 because I do not have the information to judge, but even from the most ill willed there has been no suggestion that there has been any malpractice on the part of the Cheshire Homes Committee so there would be no risk of being tarred with the same brush if you make your approach direct to them and you would then be in a position to judge for yourself the value of the work they do and how despicable it is to undermine it and to understand factors that are not (and should not be) in the public sector.

elko2

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 12:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 62 in Discussion

BizziLizzi,

I think you represent the voice of the silent majority. Many are afraid to state their views for fear of ridicule. Thank you.

ismet

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 13:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 62 in Discussion

Those who continue to be concerned about the CH matter and the lack of accountability should make a complaint to the Cheshire home H.Q. at ( info@lcdability.org ) asking them to investigate the matter. I have done this, they have appointed a lady named Eleonora Catelli to look into the matter. I await her conclusions.

snakes

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 13:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 62 in Discussion

Elko2 many do not voice their opinion not for fear of ridicule but of being banned.

swyflot

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 13:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 62 in Discussion

Rowlo,

It`s stupid comments from stupid people like you that causes damage to charities, i support many charities with cash donations,but my chosen charity is KAR, i support this charity by helping to raise funds and give freely of my time at the rescue centre as do many others.

I am sure that all the other charitie`s abhor your wild statement that seems to tar ever one with the same brush

philbailey

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 62 in Discussion

A union has condemned as excessive the pay of charity bosses including Age Concern England's former director general who pocketed £117,488 in 2007/8.

http://www.gponline.com/News/article/965274/Union-dubs-charity-boss-pay-excessive/

philbailey

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 13:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 62 in Discussion

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2009/nov/09/city-pay-culture-charities-union

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 15:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 62 in Discussion

Msg 6: I am not making any insinuations. I simply think that my £50 entitles me to know where it went. Likewise, other people gave very generously.

There is no fire or hatred in my belly it may surprise you to know. What on earth makes you use such words? I would simply like this to end with a good result resulting in no further damage to CH who has done so much good here.

Surely, publishing the accounts would put it to bed permanently? When this happens then other than a bit of muttering, then it will all just fade away.

You have your views (which you are entitled to) but I also have a right to my views.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 18:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 62 in Discussion

Message l5. If you thought the organisers of Festival 11 had "shady" backgrounds (I am not saying they had I dont judge in advance of evidence) but if you did, why did you not warn the Cheshire Homes Committee? And why did you buy tickets from them if you had dounts they were genuine?

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 62 in Discussion

Message 24 Flyswot:

Like you I support many (or in my case a few) Charities (includingKAR in the past) in their fund raising endeavours but because a lot of my "spare" time and money goes into caring for stray dogs so I can only support one charity directly.

I have asked this question before without response, as a supporter of KAR perhaps you would care to answer.

If want to query a policy of KAR or ask a question about their accounts or how their money is raised or used, their Committee refuses to make a statement on Cyprus 44 (or as far as I know any other forum) but insists I must wait until their report and accounts are published and await the AGM to raise queries.

Why are Cheshire Homes (whose charitable status is similar to KAR) being subjected to prejudice because taking the same stand?

AT the risk of being banned for repetition Cheshire Homes do not "hide" their accounts. They are pubished at the appropriate time in the same way as other Charities. w

negativenick

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 18:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 62 in Discussion

could someone please explain what this is all about ??

snakes

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 19:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 62 in Discussion

NegNick speak to Lee he will "fill you in" where have you been ? surely not banned ha ha regards Barry

GinaC

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 19:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 62 in Discussion

NN in summary, hopefully I have the right grasp of it as it is not that easy to pick it all up on here.

Vast amount of money raised by Festival 11 for Cheshire Homes here in TRNC, small percentage reached the charity with some of it being payed in installments. Organising committee investigated found 60,000TL in expenses without receipts. 'Someone' is paying back some of the shortfall to CH at 1000TL per month.

Full accounts remained unpublished, Cheshire Homes in the UK and TRNC contacted by multiple contributors to the fundraising but so far no answer.

Multiple users banned on here for continuing the quest to get answers to where their money has gone, multiple threads closed with in my opinion no valid reason for either. Apart from Ismet all other Admins refuse to engage with members as to why they have taken such actions and if they or the owner of the forum have any connection with CH, Festival 11 or if they have been threatened in anyway.

aripointer

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 62 in Discussion

elko 2 Message 21

Your reply to BizzilLzzi is spot on. I dared to question the magnitude of the expenses charged (over26%) on an event to raise money for Ismael. The ridicule I received stopped me from posting. Well done. AP

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 19:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 62 in Discussion

Elko Message 21.

Thank YOU. I hope you are right about representing the silent majority. Certainly several of the permant British community I have spoken to share my distress at being made to feel ashamed to be British by some of the comments on the Cheshire Homes and some other threads.

And yes, I DO feel intimidated (and not just by ridicule) Which is why I have to withhold my full name and email address and , very sadly, will not be attending the picnic although I would love to meet some of the nicer people on Cyprus 44.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 19:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 62 in Discussion

Message 30

Some years ago now Cheshire Homes Kyrenia were short of volunteers and desperate for money to keep going their valuable services and accepted an offer from some people who volunteered to raise money on their behalf. At the time there was no reason to suspect the motives and events were successfully organised which contributed to Cheshire Homes being able to purchase essential equiment.

Unfortunately the fund raising volunteers and others (later to be know as the Festival 11 Committee) in the words of one of their members "became too ambitious" and tried to organise a Festival involving popular music stars. They apparently lost control of the accounting system and forget about accountability (there is no evidence that there was anything worse than that) and the Cheshire Homes Committe became concerned they were not receiving either funds nor receipts in respect of inevitable expenses. The CH Committee went through proper procedures to put pressure on the FH Co

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 19:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 62 in Discussion

Committee. Tragically before they had completed their investigation the Press get hold of the story and in apparent pursuit of headlines started a thread which turned into a combined witch hunt and kargaroo court in the course of which the reputation of innocent people and risking the care they give to vulnerable disabled people.

It is now public knowledge that subsequently Cheshire Homes negoatiated a down payment of a sum which will be used for the care of the vulnerable and a promise of further stage payments. Any further statements a this stage would risk perverting the course of justice.

Cheshire HOmes in common with other charities publish reports and accounts but there seem to be a lot of ill intentioned people who are not prepared to wait for these but consider that the purchase of a ticket part of the proceeds from which were intended for charity givs them the right to dictate to long standing and experience and dedicated volunteers and cause probaby

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 19:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 62 in Discussion

irredeemable damage to a respected and respectable Charity and probably the expatriate community generally.

The moderators have closed several thread and temporarily banned a few posters where, in my view, the bounds of decency and legality were being broached. They are better placed than I to judge the appropriate action in these circumstances.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 19:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 62 in Discussion

arpointer message 33

Thank you . I too have had serious reservations about the funding of help for Ismael but have refrained from expresssing them pubicly for fear of starting the kind of adverse comment and misinformation to which Cheshire Homes has been getting here and thus prejudicing what help the poor child is gettig.

Hector

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 20:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 62 in Discussion

BizziLizzi

You seem to know an awful lot about this. What exactly is your connection with CH and the organisers of this festival? If you are able to give an explanation of sorts, why can't CH or those involved with the festival?

Personally I don't think you represent the silent majority.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 21:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 62 in Discussion

BizziLizzi/aripointer,

Your "concerns" about the fundraising for Ismail are a sneaky attack on the efforts of JohnnyLee (who is currently banned) and who cannot answer your snide allegations. Unlike the members of CH and festival 11 who had every opportunity to reply to the legitimate concerns of those, who only wanted answers about the fundraisers, and had no axe to grind with the work of the charity itself.

elko2

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 23:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 62 in Discussion

I have just unbanned Lee and have informed him by e.mail and brought this post to his attention so that he may respond here if he so wishes.

ismet

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 23:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 62 in Discussion

Well done, Ismet.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
02/03/2012 00:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 62 in Discussion

Just posted amessage in reply to 39 when cut off and message lost. I understand there are problems with access tonight and if it is late if cut off again will finishe dmessage tomorrow.

I expained earlier I am a friend, occasional volunteer and helper and supporter of CH Kyrenia. I am also a patient so admit to a vested interest in its continued operation - without the help and support of its medical staff I would have to spend a lot more time and money and travel to get treatment, and it is interesting to contemplate whether and others likeme or worse off would have a claim against anyone instrumental in damaging the service.

I used to be on the Committee but did not seek reelection in 20l0 partly for personal and health reasons and partly to enable others with, I thought more expertise than in fund raising and areas such as modern technology to take over. With hindsight the latter may have been a misjudgement but it has to say that some of what is now Festival ll Co

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
02/03/2012 00:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 62 in Discussion

Well Top Marks to Ismet and I hold no hard feelings,

Anyone who questions our fundraising for Ismail please call me on 0533 843 6539 you are most welcome to look at his bank AC, his medical bills, etc.

I am up front. I am Lee Hickens AKA johhnylee and all of our supporters ar also well known.

Also Ismail is still with us Thank God !

Also you are most welcome to talk with Yasin our interpretur who was left to sort out the mess when the family were dumped in Turkey.

I would like to thank Ismet for lifting my ban and to thank you wonderful people on Cyprus 44 for the support and kind words.

To Aripointer (unknown) and Bizzie Lizzie you have my contact number,

Just one small thing. I'm from Wolverhampton (not Bloody Birmingham) We have no hidden agenda.

I think that is the first time I have ever swore on the Forum.

Lots of love to you all and we can still support all genuine Charitys . Please note Chesire Homes will need our help.

Harold2555

Message Posted:
02/03/2012 00:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 62 in Discussion

Sorry Lee

Gonna have to ban you now for swearing!

In reality and all seriousness keep up the good work, I and many others admire your efforts and determination.

Harold

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
02/03/2012 00:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 62 in Discussion

Committee have raised more money for the Home than I was able to.

I have no connections with the Festival ll Committee other than having met SOME of them through my connections with Cheshire Homes . I am not here to defend Festival ll Committe nor do I necessarily support some of the things they have done - or more probably not done - but I do deplore people who condemm them on insufficient and hearsay evidence.

I am not currently a member of the Cheshire Homes Committee, nor am I privy to more financial details of money raised than has already been made available to the public. If I were, I would not be able to post here because there would be a risk of breaching confidentiality.

Because I am not a member of the Committee but have personal experience of how the Home is run , of the good work they do, and the dedication and sacrifices made by the Committe and their distress at how they are being mistreated on the Boards that I feel I must present their case in a way i

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
02/03/2012 00:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 62 in Discussion

Lee,

So you're a "wolf" in sheeps clothing ? Welcome back !

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
02/03/2012 00:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 62 in Discussion

anyone of good will and who actually took the trouble to think about it would realise that a Committee member could not.

I dont know what the silent majority think - because they are silent! and my social contacts are limite by lack of time and money and care of dogs. I do know several decent, intelligent people who are put off posting on this forum by the many unpleasant and vitriolic posts which appear too frequently. Which is very very sad, because if is often a very useful one and has the potential to be extremely interesting and carry some valuable discussions if only it wasnt constantly being hijacked and sidellined. My sympathies continue to be with the moderators (and from experience in other Boards I never thought I would say that!) who carry out a thankless (and presumably unpaid?) task with dignity.

Hector: Perhaps you will now reciprocate by explaining your qualifications to speak for KAR (which you have done in the past) and why you think Cheshire Homes

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
02/03/2012 00:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 62 in Discussion

should be treated differently.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
02/03/2012 00:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 62 in Discussion

Johnny Lee : I have already said I wont enter into arguments for fear of damaging the child (which is a form of emotional blackmail) but if you think Cheshire Homes shoud publish their accounts on a public formum should you not be prepared to do likewise? Cheshire Homes accounts are audited and available at appropriate times and places. Personally I dont think either should. Are medical bills a breach of patient confidentiality.

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
02/03/2012 01:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 62 in Discussion

Harold 2555 Thank You for your your good comments.

EamonnMc The way Wolves have performed this season I will probably be supporting Birmingham next season

I do feel very bad about R.A. and the other people who are banned. I have no hard feelings towards Ismet what so ever.

I really hate aggro I have seen enough of it in my life to last a life time. I just hate bulls---t and lies.

I have to say that R.A. is one of the most true sincere people I have ever met and my god what a Lady.

She has been in TRNC over 30 years and carved herself a very good reputation.

She really did only try to get to the facts

PhilUK

Message Posted:
02/03/2012 01:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 62 in Discussion

ismet-(elko2) having been on the recieving end of your somewhat harsh enforcement of the rule re reopening closed threads-how come you are not so harsh on enforsing rule 14-(using your own photo) and banning rowlo for using a photo of a 1980s punk rock artist as his personal photo?

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
02/03/2012 01:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 62 in Discussion

Johnny Lee : I have already said I wont enter into arguments for fear of damaging the child (which is a form of emotional blackmail) but if you think Cheshire Homes shoud publish their accounts on a public formum should you not be prepared to do likewise? Cheshire Homes accounts are audited and available at appropriate times and places. Personally I dont think either should. Are medical bills a breach of patient confidentiality.

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
02/03/2012 01:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 62 in Discussion

Bizzi Lizzi I have never asked for CH to publish accounts on the Forum.

Please also note (as an acountant myself) accounts can be produced to suit any situation.

Our funds for Ismail are very small and like I said please call me on 0533 843 6539 and feel free any time to look at Ismails AC and medical bills.

There is no breach of patient confidentialy. Ismail is 7 years old and I dont think Ismail or his family would give a flying fig who saw his medical bills.

Theirs and ours only concern is that he can hopefully get well.

Once again this is my phone number 0533 843 6539.

We are not complicated and we do not fudge or hide.

I did not move to TRNC needing to rip off an eledrly couple or a charity.

I did my homework first and made sure we had enough money to live on.

Also I did not need to make a name for myself here I already had one.

We help Ismail because we love and care for him. In fact we love and miss him dearly.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
02/03/2012 01:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 62 in Discussion

Well said Tommy.....

Radio Angel has been given a reprieve so thank you to everyone for the on forum and off board support, and thank you to the moderators for unbanning me.

I will continue to ask the questions until I get answers. I want to point out though at no time have I asked CH to publish their accounts. It's the accounts of FESTİVAL 11 that are in question not the yearly ins and outs of the CH.

I presume in any case when CH do publish their yearly accounts at their AGM the money received from Festival 11 will be a one line entry.

What Festival 11 committee MUST do is publish is a breakdown of THEIR costs receipted and otherwise and an explanation as to how the money, that is supposedly being paid back monthly, went ' missing ' in the first place when there was a committee and project manager in place to supervise this.

Anybody trying to cast doubt on any other charities as aprt of this discussion is in my opinion just trying to cause a smokescreen

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
02/03/2012 01:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 62 in Discussion

cont.

If any good has come out of this banning episode it has been to let Johnny Lee know how much his work for Ismail is appreciated and in what high esteem he is held.

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
02/03/2012 15:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 62 in Discussion

Welcome back everyone!!!

Hector

Message Posted:
02/03/2012 15:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 62 in Discussion

BizziLizzi

"Hector: Perhaps you will now reciprocate by explaining your qualifications to speak for KAR (which you have done in the past) and why you think Cheshire Homes should be treated differently."

I have never spoken for KAR. I have asked where their accounts are published. I don't think Cheshire Homes should be treated differently to any other charity. They should always publish and be accountable for the money donated to them and where it is spent. Your bias and defensiveness is getting worse, please don't be spiteful to me for asking a question.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
02/03/2012 20:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 62 in Discussion

Hector: I sounded "spiteful" or misunderstood post on a different thread it was not intentional Like many who care about and work for Cheshire Homes I am suffering seriously from stress as a result of the hate campaigns on these boards. I had actually expected you to reply that your connection with KAR would be similar to mine for CH - that is was a charity you supported and you expressed your interests in that capacity.

What I was trying to do was get someone to expain why Cheshire Homes is being treated differently from other charities and mentioned KAR because there was an occasion to requests for an accounting of a particular occurrence was exactly what Cheshire Homes is now - wait for the publication of the official Report and Accounts.

I dont think I am the one who is being biassed - I have explained repeatedly my intests and concerns.

I need to know why other posters on these threads are so biassed and can only form conclusions for lack of response.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
02/03/2012 20:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 62 in Discussion

As my genuine and well meant attempts to represent the interests of Cheshire Homes are being counter productive and attracting even further prejudice and ill towards both the Home and myself and I feel threatened. I shall not be posting on this thread or any of the others on CH again. I request that my decision and privacy be respected and no further posts be addresssed to me. Please consider what this says about free speach.

I am considering whether to contine posting on other subjects and express my appreciation of nthe mods and thier efforts and the enjoyment I have got from discussons with the more responsible members and ask them to be patient.

I will discuss with others concerned for CH and interested parties (and the mods here) a means whereby sensible and well meaning questions about CH and its work(but NOT Festival 11) can be addressed and discussed.

And now my electricity has just gone off so must sort out how to eat and keep warm.

Turtle

Message Posted:
02/03/2012 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 62 in Discussion

BizziLizzie, I dont think anyone on here is creating a hate campaign...... far from it.

A simple question was asked as to why there were so much of the money raised taken in expenses after that threads were closed and re opened and a lot of people joined the debate,.... the more threads were closed the more it upset people who were seeking an answer to a simple question.

I and many other people have the upmost respect for the work that charity fund raises like yourself do however the fund raises are custodians for peoples donations and when said donations go astray people would like to know why,... now I for one can't see any wrong in that.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
02/03/2012 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 62 in Discussion

This is one final post to you BizziLizzi

I have known and respected you for many years. I recently came up to you at a Cheshire Homes lunch a couple of weeks ago to apologize to you personally for any stress you felt I was causing you. We have also spoken of this matter off board

Our opinions of Festival 11 committee are obviously different but not that of Cheshire Home which I consider an innocent party to a misappropriation of funds.

I can't see any prejudice towards either you or CH on this forum, just an open enquires as to where funds destined for CH have actually ended up.

I cannot understand why you want to turn this discussion into a defense of the CH.

Its precisely because CH is a much needed facility here in North Cyprus that people as so concerned that money given to them has not reached its destination 5 months after the events organised by Festival 11 Committee.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.