North Cyprus Tourist Board - Old Dogs
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Old Dogs

Old Dogs

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

fire starter

Message Posted:
21/12/2008 11:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

my shar pei chan will be 9 this christmas, i wondered how many people here have an old dog?

how well have they been since coming to cyprus?

chan is doing fine still in his victor meldrew mode, eye sight going a bit, but loves the cyprus sunshine. (he always did hate the rain.)

he loves kebabs and the occasional efes!

he will be missing his birthday buger from mcdonalds which he had every year until coming to cyprus, but the xmas dinner makes up for it,lol.

i wanted to post this to let all those bringing older dogs out here next year,

not to worry they will be fine!

Groucho

Message Posted:
21/12/2008 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Rose

"i wanted to post this to let all those bringing older dogs out here next year"

Are we expecting a sudden influx of old dog?

joandjelly

Message Posted:
21/12/2008 12:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Hi FS what will you be serving all the doggies for their xmas dinner this year?

Rocker

Message Posted:
21/12/2008 13:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

We Brought our Staffordshire Bull Terrier over 4 years ago, he is also 9 will be 10 in January. Livğing Here has no real adverse effects except during the hunting season he will not go out when the guns are being fired. Mınd the quaratine here leaves much to be desired.

Rocker

bridie

Message Posted:
21/12/2008 13:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

I brought out a bullterrier, who lived until he was 14, a great age for a bully. My Anatolian shepherd dog was also 14, going on 15, unusual for a very large dog, and he had to be put to sleep because he had arthritis so badly, and could not go out to relieve himself. He was loosing his dignity. Also my Cyprus terrier lived until she was 15, also had to be put to sleep.( She was lucky, as she had been poisoned a number of years before) My present Cyprus terrier who was three when I got her, is now 14, and is as fit as a fiddle. They exercise themselves in the garden, chasing everything that moves, have a healthy diet, and lots of love and attention. I believe that dogs are happier and live longer when they have their own kind to play with. Other dogs.

They do not celebrate Christmas!!!!!

Lilli

Message Posted:
21/12/2008 23:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

hi rocker i also brought my lovely staffi out here i agree the quarantine leaves a lot to be desired but he took it like the man he is. Spoilt rotten but so gentle. He hates the heat of the summer but loves this early morning heat. He hasso much more freedom here as at home we where both out working so his day was restricted to his morning and evening walks, here he has the garden to roam when he dosent escape. I have rescued 2 others from near death and they all get on. my staffi justs lets the other two get on with it and takes up his regal stance. how is yours, is it mail or femal. they are such beautiful dogs full of character yet so loving. sorry but he is th love of my life .. happy xmas to you all xxxxxxxxxx

Lilli

Message Posted:
21/12/2008 23:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

hi rocker me again just saw the sex of your dog shame we could have got them togeher xxx

fire starter

Message Posted:
22/12/2008 09:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

hi jo

yes its roast turkey , veg and batter puds for my lot this year.

plenty of cooking to be done here and not a microwave in sight, lol.

a little treat now and again never hurts!

come on it is christmas!!!

i can remember when chan was a puppy, we got up on christmas morning to find he had ransacked the tree for the choc's hanging on it. it was devistation but luckily for him, he didn't have any adverse effects. (as dogs shouldn't be fed chocolate)

suntanman

Message Posted:
22/12/2008 22:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

I've got and old dog coming round to my house on Chrismas Day, she'll be given Turkey like all the other guests.

Lilli

Message Posted:
22/12/2008 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

hi firestarter i remember just after we got mojo my staffi we went shopping to marks and he was in the back of the car, well we bought cherryr brandy chocs and put them with the rest of the shopping in the boot and went elsewhere, when we got back to the car mojo was fast asleep legs in the air and you have guessed box of chocs empty, we woke up as we got into the car but totally pxxxed now he can smell chocolate at probably within a mile radius, i know that its dangerous but he just loves the stuff and as a chocoholic its had to hide it from him, like your baby he has devasted our tree on 2 consecutive years we had to replace all the baubles. have a great xmas and a very happy new year xx

fire starter

Message Posted:
23/12/2008 15:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

the christmas ham joint was another of his moments.

it was on the side cooling slightly, hubby came in grabbed a slice or ten.

he asked if it was to go into the fridge, i replied not yet.

he went back to work.

a friend knocks at the door, so i let him in and take him throught to the kitchen/dinner to make coffee.

i looked on the worktop and thought sod , hubby has put the ham into the fridge.

then i saw a fork on the floor and all my dogs were looking at me wagging!

i went over to chan and could smell it on his breath.

then the next dog and the next.

they had shared it of course!

but chan was the only one who could reach the work surface.

how could i be angry.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.