North Cyprus Tourist Board - Multimax problems tonight....?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Multimax problems tonight....?

Multimax problems tonight....?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

PhilUK

Message Posted:
29/02/2012 23:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

I was just sitting down ready to watch the match- and no internet!!

Rang multimax- got an out of tune music track and no answer.

Still no internet.

Rang them again got an engaged tone,

Internet came on 10 mins before the end of full time.

Not sure if its a localised problem(usually get texts of multimax explaining the problem)

anyone else have an outage tonight?

Ozankoy area.

PhilUK

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 00:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

just me then?

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 00:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

I think it might have been in Ozankoy. I came back to internet after about two hours from it and coulnt get a connection. Switched off, took a deep breath and countd to l0 switched on again and it came back. (probably coincidence) About 11.30

kbasat

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 01:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

There has been power related issues on the 2 mountaintop locations we use for our links from Lefkosa to Girne due to extreme weather all day today. Our UPSes finally gave in on one of the locations and that link is still not operational. Second link went down around 21:00 due to a combination of extreme power fluctuations, lightning storms, and bad weather. We were able to revive this link eventually, after approx 2 hours of downtime for all customers North of Besparmak mountains.

A more detailed report and the compensation for this downtime will be announced within the next few days after all problems are deemed as resolved.

As for the call center, we currently have 1 person on duty after 6pm (on a normal day, number of calls answered between 6pm is 2am is less than 10), and you can imagine how overwhelming the situation was when the internet in whole of Kyrenia region was down.

More details to come, thank you,

Kemal

juliamoons

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 06:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

I live in Karsiyaka my internet went down around 9pm or 9:30pm. I sent a text to MM to say there was no internet in Karsiyaka. I got an immediate reply to say there was a general problem and it was being sorted. I think this was an excellent response to get such a quick reply.

loulou

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 08:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

I live in Karsiyaka my internet went down around 9pm or 9:30pm.but its ok now ??

CarrieRBag

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 08:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Ours went down in Kucuk Erenkoy for a while but it was obviously weather related. I do not see the point of ringing or otherwise Multimax or any other provider when we have such bad weather, it is obviously related to that. They bring the internet back as soon as is possible.

erolz

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 08:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Yes loulou it should be ok now. We have two primary links linking everyone north of the mountains to our central network operation center in Lefkosha. One of these is still down but the other is up and running fine. Each one has enough capacity for all of the traffic from North of the mountains. For some basestations the connections between them and the working link accross the mountains may be 'longer' than normal, because normaly they would use the link that is down currently and this may cause some slight degregation in service but it should be minimal if there is any at all.

greengate8

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 10:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

I speculated on what the problem might be, when it went down last night, but i agree with msg7 - no point in trying to get hold of MM, when its was probably weather related.

In fact i am impressed with MM's service over these past few days, when i understand that some other providers have been down for long periods.

Thanks Kemal for keeping us informed about any problems.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 11:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

greengate: seconded

kbasat

Message Posted:
01/03/2012 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Thanks for all the positive responses,

We have had some failing links over the course of heavy winds and storms and resulting power related issues, however as we have multiple redundancies and failovers in most basestations, customers were not affected by any of this, except for failure of BOTH of our links from Lefkosa to Girne last night.

Both of these links are now brought back up and are now fully operational. All basestations are also working within normal parameters. If any customer still experiencing issues, please call us at 0548 888 6629.

We are already working on to improving our weak spots.

Thank you for your continued support.

Kemal

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.