North Cyprus Tourist Board - An Interesting Question re: EU Citizens
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > An Interesting Question re: EU Citizens

An Interesting Question re: EU Citizens

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Milou

Message Posted:
12/11/2007 13:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

My understanding is that, whilst the TRNC government is not recognised, EU citizens ARE. Therefore, in principle, I should be able to go to the Europen Court and argue that I was denied medical treatment in the South.

I also read somewhere that an MP from the south stated that the TRNC government should be recognised because presently, the north is geeting free water (don't understand this comment) and also people living in the north are getting free medical treatment. If I can find this article I will post it on this forum.

regards

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
12/11/2007 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Hi Milou

What specific reason diod they give you for not treating you? I think most treatment is free but not all. You need an EHIC card. I am not sure if you have to produce this.

Yes, send us the article.

Milou

Message Posted:
12/11/2007 14:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Hi Ilovecyprus

It was a hypothetical question about receiving medical treatment in the south of the island.

The Greek Cypriot MP who made the statement, basically said the following:

"As Turkish Cypriots and Greek Cypriots have different:

language

education system

judiciary system

customs

religion

and the only thing they seemed to share in common is the same sun, then it was time to recognise the TRNC and accept two different states as presently, the TRNC were making use of free water (don't understand) and people from the north were getting free treatment in the south.

I am sorry I can't find this article, maybe some else also read it.

I raised this question because under the UN's Charter of Human Rights, you can't treat people differently and if this is happening (EU citizens being treated differently to Turkish Cypriots) then the TRNC government has another reason to start demanding equal rights!

Regards

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.