North Cyprus Tourist Board - Anyone else got bad connection with eXtend?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Anyone else got bad connection with eXtend?

Anyone else got bad connection with eXtend?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

JoanneM

Message Posted:
06/03/2012 20:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 48 in Discussion

Really slow last few days, just done a few speed tests, bith with VPN on and off, and I'm just about reaching half a meg when it should me a 1 meg connection. Unable to watch iPlayer and such like. It has been different times through the day not just of an evening. Even trying to send emails is an issue.

Anyone got the same problem?

It better get sorted as just signed up for a year, should have waited a few weeks longer for Multimax, but they were not as established at the time.

rowlo

Message Posted:
06/03/2012 21:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 48 in Discussion

watching this closely , was thinking about extend , maybe i will wait to hear from MM customers .

fiendishpaul

Message Posted:
06/03/2012 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 48 in Discussion

My Extend connection has been very hit and miss for weeks. I am supposed to be getting 2Mb but at times, sites are taking an age to load, if they do so at all. I have already been in touch with Multimax and will be switching to them just as soon as they can come out and do a survey.

Twice the speed for the same price and what appears to be excellent customer service - MM has got to make sense.

JoanneM

Message Posted:
06/03/2012 21:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 48 in Discussion

Usually (but not all the time) they are quite good, but a few times this problem has happened, there has also been an episode where it's been completely cut off and told it was not a problem at their end only to find out after days with no internet that it was at their end. Also, unlike what multimax promise I didn't receive extra days for the problem which was clearly their fault. But like I said, usually they are quite good. But I do wish I'd gone with multimax now I've heard all the excellent feedback about them.

stockiefan

Message Posted:
06/03/2012 21:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 48 in Discussion

Oh dear, was going to "extend" my contract this week, Hmmm! Its been OK, but does drop out frequently.

Panchocat

Message Posted:
06/03/2012 22:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 48 in Discussion

Changed from Extend to MM and have no complaints at all. Great connection and service.

Suffered very poor connection and speed too often with Extend and when the new wiring was put in with MM they found the Extend wiring to be joined in several places on the roof, we are not sure if this could have added to the problem but........................................

rowlo

Message Posted:
06/03/2012 22:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 48 in Discussion

msg6 , that happened to me with dopi tv , when i went on the roof to check the cables , they had joined them , and they had not fixed the sat dishes properly either , will go with one of these companies ( extend / multimax) but will listen to other peoples recommendations first , once bitten and all that .

MrsSnakes

Message Posted:
21/03/2012 11:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 48 in Discussion

We will be changing soon as contract with Nethouse is coming to an end. The service with Nethouse is dismal, have just been able to have a conection long enough to type this, laptop on since 7am this morning and mostly off until now. Yesterday, unable to do anything. Still not sure to make the move to MM or Extend. Any updates on either of these sevices please?

Redwine

Message Posted:
21/03/2012 11:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 48 in Discussion

We are with xrealnet. No real problems - sometimes drops out but only for a few minutes. Speed OK

Mertbalin

Message Posted:
21/03/2012 12:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 48 in Discussion

Go for multimax.

http://www.mmcyp.com

great quality, great help desk.

DesiH

Message Posted:
21/03/2012 13:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 48 in Discussion

Extend were rubbish. Nethouse were better. Multimax are the best by miles, they are in a totally different league.

tomsteel

Message Posted:
21/03/2012 13:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 48 in Discussion

Unbiased view offered for all contemplating TRNC internet connection - Multimax is the best provider here by far. In 3+ years (full time living) Multimax is our 3rd provider and their service is a 'lead' for most other TRNC-based companies to aspire to. Choose who you want, but Multimax is my recommendation. Happy connections.

eXtendAgent

Message Posted:
21/03/2012 13:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 48 in Discussion

JoanneM, please email me off board if you are still having problems and I will try and help.

MrsSnakes, if you went with eXtend, you would connect to their newest base station which is on the King's Bowling (as they own this and FogTV next door to that) and you would have an excellent connection.

Gwyn

0533 869 4371

BigMart

Message Posted:
21/03/2012 14:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 48 in Discussion

Extend are giving me terrible service, it is costing me a fortune in phone calls. My internet radio is almost unlistenable because of the intermitant signal. The internet was off this morning, again, and the radio is not working now. The service is appalling, when the engineer came out last time he fiddled about with my laptop and when he had left I was unable to use it, I was, after many, many phone calls able to talk to a lad with a good knowledge who was able to talk me through the problem and fix it. If this is not sorted soon I'll be down to the shop to get a refund on the remaining months of my contract as the are not providing the servive they promise.

Multi max will be getting my custom as soon as I can get rid of Extend.

scruff

Message Posted:
21/03/2012 14:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 48 in Discussion

Also having major problems with Nethouse & as I write this I am waiting for their technician to call, following my phone call to them yesterday when apparently they could not 'see me'. It was their suggestion to send a technician out.

I have used the internet for 10 years here. Our current 4Mbs download confirmed yesterday as dedicated & not shared has been as bad as dial up in the last few weeks. we paid for a year that runs to December 2012, so not happy to jump ship yet, but getting closer to this by the day.

I used dial up for 5 years. Very slow but very reliable when the land line was working fine. Switched to EXtend in 2007 & this was a disaster. Then to Arinet, unfortunately merged with EXtend. Switched to Nethouse December 2010 & was good, but not any more.

samanta2

Message Posted:
22/03/2012 12:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 48 in Discussion

extend is the best internet company in north cyprus and they have better experience than other new internet companies

hattikins

Message Posted:
22/03/2012 13:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 48 in Discussion

I have to say that up to now Multimax is the best internet provider we have had since living here in Cyprus, efficient reliable staff, prompt response to phone calls etc, best by a long chalk as far as we are concerned.

kbasat

Message Posted:
22/03/2012 13:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 48 in Discussion

I am very glad and proud that because of our respectful customers at Multimax, we do not need help of an agent or consort to deceptions and lies by creating fake identities (read: samanta2) in order to promote our business.

We at Multimax do not really care if we are better than the competition or not. We have a set of our own goals, shaped by our customers needs, that we are trying to accomplish. We still have a lot to accomplish and nowhere near to being perfect, but we are working hard. All is possible by the support of our customers.

for details of our services, you can visit http://www.mmcyp.com

Thank you.

Kemal

ttoli

Message Posted:
22/03/2012 13:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 48 in Discussion

For me Multimax set the standards that others should aspire to, sadly they wont learn, great speed and service

Becker

Message Posted:
22/03/2012 13:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 48 in Discussion

Dont know why,MM very slow in Alsancak in last 3/4 days.Any ideas?

kbasat

Message Posted:
22/03/2012 15:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 48 in Discussion

Just for public information, we have checked Becker account and there seems to be no problem with the internet connection itself, but something wrong with the indoor setup of the customer. An appointment was made for somebody to visit customer to assist sorting out the problem.

It is always good practice to call our support line, 05488886629, whenever you have issues with your connection. If you dont let us know your problem, we might not know about it.

Kemal

eXtendAgent

Message Posted:
22/03/2012 15:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 48 in Discussion

BigMart, please ring me or email me and I will try and help you out.

I have lots of customers whose problems have not been the internet connection. Sometimes it is the router or the customer's computer/laptop.

We have to diagnose what the problem is before it can be fixed.

Gwyn

0533 869 4371

cyprusairsoft

Message Posted:
22/03/2012 18:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 48 in Discussion

was a bit iffy yesterday but seems ok today

Becker

Message Posted:
22/03/2012 19:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 48 in Discussion

Kbasat,please do not think I was critisising MM.I was just commenting on a similar post here.Thank you for being so prompt in calling me to make arrangements to come & take a look.

kbasat

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 00:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 48 in Discussion

@Becker, no offense taken of course, and I hope you didnt take offense from my msg either. I just could not find any other query we received from you and just today saw message on the forum that you have issues for many days.

Maybe you are one of the many people who were made to think that it is normal to have days of ongoing issues, but that does not happen with Multimax. That is why I suggested and repeat again here that whenever any customer have an issue, please do let us know(0548 888 6629), it may as well be a very small thing. You can alternatively email us at info@multimaxcyprus.com . There are some extremely rare cases where there are some wierd issues that may take longer than usual to resolve or may require a site visit, but the clock starts ticking from the moment you let us know about it, not from the moment you start having the issue.

Have a nice day!

K.

clews

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 09:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 48 in Discussion

Hi All

I recently had Multimax installed in Arapkoy and although I had to wait a couple of weeks for installation due to high demand from customers and initial problems with receiving a signal in the area it has now all been resolved satisfactorily and I am delighted. I now have fast internet speed and can watch my UK TV channels.

The customer service was a breath of fresh air after the dismal service I have received from Nethouse over the past four years and I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending them.

Keep up the good work Multimax.

Regards

Carole

Pippie

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 11:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 48 in Discussion

I assume it's thanks to Gwyn that two technicians came out to my house last week 'on spec' to have a look at my connection. They fiddled with the router, moved the receiver and rewired the house, said everything was now sorted.

It isn't, it's just the same. Slow download/upload speed, evenings terrible to non-existent.

But the customer service was ok, though no good if the solution doesn't work! Sorry, that's the best compliment I can give Extend.

Cem_Extend

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 17:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 48 in Discussion

PETER: I was with extend and now I switched to MM and I AM VERY HAPPY.....

JOHN: I was thinking about eXtend but now not sure

JULİE: I have a headeache can MM help...

MIKE: Go to Multimax - its the best...

PRINCE WITH WHITE HOURSE: Yes we offer all inclusive services...BLA BLA BLA

Why are you always comparing service to eXtend - I tell you why, because we are the BEST

I have a list of customers who switched and then came back to us when they realized they were taken for a ride

Cem_Extend

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 48 in Discussion

Sorry for not spending much time on cypruss44 as we are really busy with increased demand for our services.

If anyone has any doubt about our services please do get in touch with me. I am willing to do anything possible to make sure you are very pleased with our Internet service.

Response to message 18 I have no idea who samanta2 is I am sure it's a fake agent but she/he is not a fake agent of mine hahahahah Please don't create excuses to try to find a weakness in us

I am sure some customers did not have the services they hoped for. But they were customers of old extend (KBasat customers) .As soon as we are know about your issues we attend to them right away. Replace your equipment for free.

I am all for competition please do bring it on.More competition brings better service to customers with cheaper prices....

I am not promising 20M but what I advertise is what you get

Please look for some extra super services that are coming to eXtend customers in the days ahead

Cem_Extend

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 18:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 48 in Discussion

Message11 hmmmm seems like a fake agent as well

DesiH

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 18:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 48 in Discussion

Excuse me Cem Extend, I am not a fake anything. If I were to be totally frank your Extend service was the worst service experience I have ever suffered from any service provider for any service. Absolute rubbish and useless support.

Cem_Extend

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 18:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 48 in Discussion

Yes you are right definitely right - but eXtend is just a brand name. The company matters, please do give me a chance to prove what I mean. If we are anything but what I claim to be, I will pay for your service.

And sorry, I didn't mean to be rude but there are many fake id's out there trust me.

What pisses me of is that there is no justice, no order in this part of Cyprus.There is no regulation and no serious government office to deal with the wrong in this country.So my quard is alwasy up.

Kind Regards

Tango1

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 18:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 48 in Discussion

We have terrific reception with Extend and Skype to UK is virtually perfect, so is webcam reception. I read all the dreadful reports re Extend, but honestly we don't have any problem. On the few occasions when we have, I just contact Gwynn and problem is cured almost immediately. The last time we found builders had cut through a wire and Extend engineers were here next day, rewired from dish to computer FOC. At the moment I am receiving 2mb for the price of 1. Speak as you find is my motto and I can't fault them.

ataturk

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 18:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 48 in Discussion

Nice to see that the internet companies are fighting for our business. I have also tried most of the companies and must say Extend did seem quite poor. Last one I was with was Kibrisonline and they werent bad but thought I would give MM a go . Speed is ok but have been cut off a few times in the last 6 weeks due to problems with their service not mine but on the whole its pretty good as their internet is a lot more stable than others. Only criticism I have is they had an outage for more than 9 hours last month and as is their policy of 1 day for every hour down I emailed Kemal and did not receive a reply tried customers services and they had to get authorisation from Kemal. In the end I got cut off twice and had to call customer services four times in order to resolve the issue. If anybody knows the procedure for claiming back downtime from MM please post it here as it would be helpful.

On the whole though they seem to be the leader at the moment and are always looking to improve.

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 18:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 48 in Discussion

Cem Extend - the difference is that those of us who praise Multimax have hundreds or thousands of posts to our names. On the other hand Samanta2 and Jasmine88, who suddenly appeared within 1/2 hour of each other to recommend Extend on another thread ( http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/81598.asp ) had only the 1 post. Jasmine88 still has only 1 but Samanta2 now has 2 - both praising Extend.

But if you say these are genuine customers then who am I to doubt you.

BigMart

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 18:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 48 in Discussion

Still absolutely terrible !!!!!

On the phone most of this morning, I told them I wanted my money back as they were failing to deliver the service promised. Eventually I did get a return call saying that the sinnal was very poor in my area and would i accept a upgrade to 1 meg, I said I would for a trial period.

Guess what, I've just done a speed test and it is an amazing 360kbps, what a fantastic firm NOT.

Will I get any money back ? Will I get any satisfactory service ? I doubt it very much.

yenibob

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 19:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 48 in Discussion

There is no way I would go to Extend, as just the name makes me queasy. However I think the FACT that when Extend were screwing me, they were run by...........kbasat.

On that basis I would not go anywhere near Multimax. Once bitten in TRNC twice shy.

Cem_Extend

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 10:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 48 in Discussion

Message 35 --- I have no ideas who those two users are. But you seem to know too much about the times etc which makes me think that they might have been created by the so called competition You know like the twin towers in NY - dou you believe that the terorists actually attached the towers or was it the US government

I AM CHALLENGİNG ANYONE WHO CLAIM THEY HAVE PROBLEMS WİTH EXTEND THAT ONCE THEY LET ME KNOW IF I CANNOT FIX THEIR PROBLEMS QUICKLY I WILL NOT CHARGE THEM FOR SERVICE FOR THEIR NEXT RENEWAL.All I ask is for them to let me know.

Cheers

Cem_Extend

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 10:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 48 in Discussion

BigMart,

I will give you my personal mobile nuımber 0533 824 3233. Please contact me, if I cannot fix your problem I will not charge you for your renewal.

GinaC

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 10:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 48 in Discussion

Not with extend personally but why would anyone want a free renewal if you cannot fix the problem?

Cem_Extend

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 11:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 48 in Discussion

GinaC,

I was trying to make a point - I will do whatever it makes, Internet business is very simple.We are not reengineering science - if I know about it I WILL BE FIXED....

I was just trying to make a point.

BigMart

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 12:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 48 in Discussion

A big thankyou to Extend !!

It took a little too long to sort out, but now everything is fine.

Thanks Cem. credit where credit is due.

Martin.

kbasat

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 12:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 48 in Discussion

re msg 29:

I have chosen in the past to just ignore personal attacks or his attempt to blame everything bad about extend on me hoping he would be tired of it but it doesnt seem so.

The FACT is that I have not been part of extend for almost 3 years.

The FACT is that before this time, extend had its shares of successes and failures, and problems with customers.

The FACT is that, however, it was a different ballgame at in those times, the equipment used, the quality of service that could be provided with those equipment etc... We did the best we could at those times, but it is not fair to compare a service that was in 2007 vs a current service here in 2012.

The FACT is that it is totally NONSENSE and quite LAME to try to blame extend's CURRENT customers problems on me. If I really was the blame for peoples problems prior to 3 years ago, I would say 3 years is a plenty of time to fix them after I have left.

(cont)

I would say

kbasat

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 12:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 48 in Discussion

I would try not to get into a fight with any competition, I would never say multimax is the best out there, thanks to our happy customers, I do not have to.

I appreciate everybody work on their own CURRENT problems and keep me personally out of your excuses, which I am not part of.

Kemal

xiziqo

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 14:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 48 in Discussion

extend 1 mbps package: http://speedtest.net/result/1840046034.png

And i have to prolong my subscription cos i have no better alternatives here in Magosa...

magicart

Message Posted:
25/03/2012 13:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 48 in Discussion

excellent service from extend and Gywn.

Cem_Extend

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 14:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 48 in Discussion

Msg43: What extend problems are you talking about ? Just this month we had record sales ever. Thanks to great service and happy customers.We have doubled our bandwith and keep investing .

Yes technologies were different and I believe we have the most advanched sophisticated technologies with the strongest backbone.

I have a number of custoemrs who returned back to me after trying Multimax.

I was responding to so called customers that keep posting to this website. Most of them are real but some are fake - you and I both know that.

Customers will always have problems. I know of your service interruptions disappointed customers etc I have seen your internet I have used it So please sell your story to someone else.

I am not personally attacking you I am only stating facts.

PEOPLE WILL KNOW THE TRUTH.

If any customers have problems with Extend please let us know asap and I will make sure you are very very pleased.

Cem_Extend

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 14:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 48 in Discussion

Msg44 : I am very pleased with our growth and feedback from our customers. Maybe you have succeded in deceiving people that MM IS THE SAVIOUR THE ULTIMATE ....well best luck

There is a reason you are targeting extend

Extend because we are the best and will be at the top for long long time God willing

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.