North Cyprus Tourist Board - A question for historians on Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > A question for historians on Cyprus

A question for historians on Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Jonholmes

Message Posted:
07/03/2012 23:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

I worked for a season in Cyprus , whilst I was there I bought at a boot fair thing, a carved wood piece, on it is (as I can tell) 3 postcard from a habour I think Kyrenia , but they have painted the gaps between to make a portrait .It is a very intresting or chiche thing and the date on the back is 1967.I do not want to sell it but is it a common item in Cyprus ?

astro941

Message Posted:
08/03/2012 01:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

ohnholmes,

Thats not history old lad it is my present. From what you have written, I would assume that this is a souvineer common at the time but things like this can be called ephemera (temporary for the time). Many would possibly have been made but time soon gets rid of many.

If you like it keep it and enjoy. As for any value, not much, because you like it priceless, go find another to make a pair, probably only one or two around.

There is another issue here, the post cards may now well have become collectors items in their own right but may be fairly common in different countrie around the world.

Jonholmes

Message Posted:
08/03/2012 02:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

I have no intention of selling it, it is proudly displayed in my hallway and a huge talking point for guests, but I was interested to know if this was a common piece.Before I go on TV for a valuation LOL.The shame is the cards are glued and painted onto the wood in an oval wood , but everyone asks about it ,a real eye grabber .SSSSSShhhhh I only paid a fiver for it .

astro941

Message Posted:
08/03/2012 03:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

I'll give you a quid lol?

I noticed that you seem puzzled in Regards to Pauline Read. Check out North Cyprus Free Press and Stop the Blackmail facebook page and all will be revealed.

All the best

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.