North Cyprus Tourist Board - Frankfurt to Larnaca anyone?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Frankfurt to Larnaca anyone?

Frankfurt to Larnaca anyone?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

2Labs

Message Posted:
08/03/2012 08:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Hi,

Just wondering if anybody has used this route via Athens?. I will be coming back this way in April and I only have a 50 minute change over time in Athens Airport. Im a bit concerned that, as this is not a lot of time I could miss my connecting flight. I will be flying in with Lufthansa from Frankfurt, and leaving with Lufthansa again to Larnaca. If anyone has any comments on whether that is cutting the change over time too fine or whether it is the same terminal?. any information will be appreciated. Ive been through Athens Airport before, but many years ago and I cant remember much about it, ie, size, how many terminals etc.

Cheers,

Stu.

cyprusharv

Message Posted:
08/03/2012 09:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

I was in Athens Airport a few months ago. It's about the size of Larnaca so easy to find your way about. I'm pretty sure you'll be ok with the connecting flight. Lufthansa are very reliable and if they are late you won't have to pay for another ticket as you are travelling on with them too.

Hope this helps,

H

2Labs

Message Posted:
08/03/2012 09:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

cyprusharv,

Thanks. Having to pay isnt my main concern. its more having to wait around airports when youre tired and just want to get home. If its the size of Larnaca, as you say, there should be ample time to make the connection.

Thanks for the info.

Stu.

shel56

Message Posted:
08/03/2012 10:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

My hubby has done this route many time and I have done this route once all with Lufthansa and we/I had no real problems. Ask the stewardesses on the Lufthansa flight what you need to do to transfer and if you get stuck within the airport just do as I did and ask for directions to the gate. I found everyone helpful.

The only problem I did encounter was that I bought duty free at Frankfurt and they weren't going to allow me to keep it even though it was in one of the airport security bags but in the end they did (they let me put it in my handluggage at security!) and I got through on time. I remember it being a short changeover as well so don't worry to much.

Hope this helps and good luck.

2Labs

Message Posted:
08/03/2012 10:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

shel56,

Again thanks, I'm certain I wont have a problem thanks to both yours and cyprusharv's advice. Its cutting it tight I know but the alternative was an eight and a half hour wait in Istanbul to land at Ercan.

Cheers,

Stu.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.