North Cyprus Tourist Board - What builders to trust ?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > What builders to trust ?

What builders to trust ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Paulkay

Message Posted:
13/11/2007 01:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 81 in Discussion

we are new to the forum,but have been reading it for some time and i think its great how the people of this forum help each other.

now for my question we went to n.cyprus about 16months ago was going to buy a plot of land,but got a gut feeling so we pulled out, and with some digging around was proved right as the plot was over priced by £6k.

now we are back again to try again.

we need your help with good builders/estate agents? are there any that we could trust?

looking for off plan,villa,not on a big estate.

kind regards paul&kay

simbas

Message Posted:
13/11/2007 06:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 81 in Discussion

Hi welcome to the forum where in nc are you looking ? we bought 4 bed detached villa with swimming pool off plan in bogaz area . Troylake.com have offices in uk and nc. i can recommend them we had no problems, we have been using our villa now for 3yrs ,have a browse round their website and see if their style is something that you are interested in . good luck

kind regards simbas

thistledonicely

Message Posted:
13/11/2007 07:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 81 in Discussion

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sydney construction have built for several people I know personally and overall they are very pleased, sometimes rather slow, but it is after all Cyprus

Just get everything down properly in your contract - for example if it is agreed that a wall will be put round the house, don't just agree a wall, get it put down, height - width - style, so that there can be no dubiety.

I know of a Brit who is selling a stunning 2 donum piece of land with a lovely two bed house on it for £100K if interested e-mail me off board, it has a lot of advantages as it has been in his possession for 7 years

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
13/11/2007 10:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 81 in Discussion

Hi Guys

http://www.cypriothomes.com

http://www.northerncyprusproperties.co.uk

pilgrim

Message Posted:
13/11/2007 17:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 81 in Discussion

Bought off New Villas International 3years ago in Bogas,built on time, been superb since that time with maintenance, snagging and extras I requested.

Paulkay

Message Posted:
13/11/2007 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 81 in Discussion

Hi thisledonicly

Thanks for your reply,have you got a web site address for sidney?

as for the 2 bed thanks but we are looking for off plan with a 2yr build time as we will not be moving out for another 6-7yrs.

regards paul

Paulkay

Message Posted:
13/11/2007 22:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 81 in Discussion

Thanks simbas but i have looked at the web site and they are to much money for us.

Thanks again Paul

Paulkay

Message Posted:
13/11/2007 22:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 81 in Discussion

Hi ilovecyprus.

are you any thing to do with this company,if so please contact me off board.

Regards Paul

breezyboy

Message Posted:
14/11/2007 19:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 81 in Discussion

Hi Paulkay

Mustn't mention my builder cos someone gets upset when I do!

My serious advice is to look at completed properties. There are plenty about now and it is a buyers market. You know exactly what you are getting and precisely how much it will cost with no horrible waits for services or extras that you didn't know were going to come out of the woodwork.

I have been offered quite a few recently where I would have saved a lot of time and money.

BB

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
14/11/2007 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 81 in Discussion

Hi Paulkay

I am not associated with these companies. Just a happy buyer. You can contact me offline if you want to ask me any questions about them

Bradus

Message Posted:
15/11/2007 00:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 81 in Discussion

http://www.phpbb88.com/northerncyprus/viewtopic.php?t=8204&mforum=northerncyprus

Not heard of Korman Builders but as you can see they are developing a good reputation. Worth looking at?

ukturk

Message Posted:
15/11/2007 01:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 81 in Discussion

hi guys

ive included a few builders names ive had dealings with or heard good stories about

korman builders

noyanlar construction

boray development

medview

erbatu construction

northernland construction

and last but not least emek construction one of the oldest and biggest developers they are know throughout the whole of cyprus project like ercan airport-all the new government buildings-most of the motorway (pluging them cos he is a uncle of mine)

ive provided links to all these companies

http://www.emekcons.com/nproperty.php#a10

http://www.noyanlar.com/EN/

http://www.borayestates.com/

http://www.medviewhomes.com/

http://www.northernlandcyprus.com/

http://www.erbatuestate.com/

hope this helps

regards

ukturk

p4aul

Message Posted:
15/11/2007 01:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 81 in Discussion

Sydney Construction

I would without hesitation recommend this company from personal experience.

Paulkay

Message Posted:
17/11/2007 11:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 81 in Discussion

HI ERKAN

THANKS FOR THE REPLY.

AS I HAVE BEEN READING A LOT OF YOUR POSTS YOU SEEM TO KNOW YOUR WAY AROUND N/C.

AS WE ARE NOT GOING TO MOVE TO N/C FOR ANOTHER 6-7yrs WE COULD DO WITH SOME ADVICE.

1/WE ARE LOOKING TO BUILD OFF PLAN, AS WE ARE NOT WORRIED HOW LONG IT TAKES. WHAT WOULD BE THE LONGEST BUILD TIME WE COULD GET AND NOT PART WITH A LOT OF MONEY AS IT SEEMS THAT LOOKING AT THE STAGE PAYMENTS WAY PEOPLE SEEM TO PAY FOR WHAT THEY HAVENT GOT.

2/ THE OTHER WAY I COULD LOOK AT TO DO IS TO BUY THE LAND AND THEN FIND A GOOD AND TRUSTED BUILDER,TO BUILD OUR VILLA BUT I HEAR THAT A SMALL PARCELS OF LAND ARE A LOT OF MONEY.

3/ WHEN BUILT WHAT WOULD BE THE WAY TO RENT,WE ARE LOOKING AT LONG TREM, AS WE WONT BE HAVING A MORTGAGE ON THE VILLA ITS NOT GOING TO HURT US MONEY WISE, SO A LITTLE EACH MONTH IS O.K..

4/ ARE THERE ANY HOLIDAY COMPANYS THAT WE COULD GIVE OUR VILLA TO FOR THEM TO RENT AND THEY THEN GIVE US A LUMP SUM FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON?

ALL WE KNOW IS THAT N/C WILL BE A HOME WITING THE NEXT 6-7yrs SO WE WANT TO GET THIS RIGHT FIRST TIME.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP SO FAR PAUL

dodger

Message Posted:
17/11/2007 14:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 81 in Discussion

I would like to reccomend carrington,thats another one you owe me Bryn

ukturk

Message Posted:
17/11/2007 15:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 81 in Discussion

hi paul

the answer to your first question really depends on the developer the longest developing time i have heard of is two years i agree with you paying for something that you cant see and dont own till your house is finnished and also wont recive your kocan (deeds) till the actual whole development has finnished

2) this way i reconmend im actually doing this with the land i have in catalkoy

got the land and will employ my own builders that way i have total control in whats going on, a lot of cypriots i know do this aswell rather than buying off a developer you can do this aswell depending on the land you buy and what area you choose you will get various prices i.e prime areas (catalkoy-bellapais etc) if your land is by the sea or set back, if you do it this way i can reconmend emek construction they offer full building services if you have you own land

3) to rent your property you could do a few things, firstly you can set up your own website and put adverts in the papers in the u.k like loot exchange and mart offering your home as part of the holiday i.e having someone picking up your customers having a welcome pack at the home for the customer and employing a cleaner before they come and after they go this way you will recive max profits but can be quite stressfull and time consuming or you can just give to a estate agent for them to rent the property on your behalf or you can just find someone who will rent the property of you long term like this way you recive a years or half a years money up front no stress no greif as long as its a stable tennant

4) not sure of giving to holiday companies but i do know the best option of max profit return is possibly look in famagusta where there is the big college if you can rent out to the foreign students you can earn good money for example my freind rent out his 5 one bedroom apartments to the students and he earns around 400 pound a month per apartment and he only paid around 15k for the apartment nothing special but centrally located in the town and a great investment for the future because famagusta has not reached its full potential

so maybe live in kyrenia and have a couple of cheap apartments renting in famagusta that could be a idea for you!!!

i hope this all helps you mate and like you said you want to be sure you make the right decision and dont rush in to anything that you are not 100% fully sure

if you have any more questions or need any more advice please dont hesitate in contacting me via email or posting it

take care and regards

ukturk

Paulkay

Message Posted:
17/11/2007 21:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 81 in Discussion

hi dodger

do you know the web site

kind regards Paul

grahamlil

Message Posted:
17/11/2007 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 81 in Discussion

paulkay,

we intend move out and rent for 6 months whilst we look around, make sure we get the right property for us

regards grahamlil

DONTY

Message Posted:
18/11/2007 00:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 81 in Discussion

paulkay

please think long and hard about buying a plot and getting a builder to build for you. this is the hardcore route and can lead to a lovely house for a great price but can so easily lead to ruin.

there is a lot that can go wrong. i know a few who have done this and the only one who really received a satisfactory outcome was a guy who lived here, oversaw the complete project and had been a builder back home to boot! this is even difficult for people in the uk to do, unless they are in the game themselves.

my partners mum did the self build route and what should have cost around 65k has so far cost close to 140k and its not over yet!

you must choose you builder very, very carefully and ensure every last detail is nailed down in the mother of all contracts and then project manage the site on a daily basis. if you can do this you stand a good chance of success.

whatever route you take i hope you end up with your dream home.

ukturk

Message Posted:
18/11/2007 01:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 81 in Discussion

hi paul

i absoutley agree with donty on this one

buying a plot of land and bringing in the builders and overseeing the project yourself is self rewarding and you can stamp your own style on the property but if you are new to cyprus and you dont know nobody and if you are not their it can turn in to a nightmare

i.e choosing the right builders - over budgeting etc but if you are prpered for that then go for it, my favorite sentance i use for cyprus is 'expect the unexpected'

and like i said im doing it but im not new to cyprus im practically there most of the time or in turkey which is only 45 mins away if anything goes wrong

and i have most of all my family and friends here

i hope this all helps you and stick to this forum if you need any more help because you will recive all the pros and cons from variours posters like donty who lives there and also is involed in this game (estate agency) myself who is a cypriot but also raised in the u.k and living between cyprus and turkey and of course izzet who is the creator of this site and is also a cypriot and knows the game to and also many others on this site who have their own story to tell (list to long)

good luck in what ever you choose

donty i do hope your partners mum achieves her dream home

have you been out latley to that bar place you said you go where you shake your stuff and wave your hands in the air l.o.l

warm regards to you all

ukturk

Paulkay

Message Posted:
18/11/2007 11:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 81 in Discussion

thanks donty and ukturk

i think i will bin that idea of build.

it seems to me that i will have to tie the builder down on the contract.

has anybody got a contract that i could look at.

you can email me off line and put a attactment to the email.

donty who do you work for as you know that im looking and would like to know what you have.

ukturk are you building for your self or are you building to sale?

hope to hear from you guys soon and anybody else wiht some info.

kind regards to all of you Paul&kay

DONTY

Message Posted:
18/11/2007 17:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 81 in Discussion

hi paulkay

i use this forum for fun really and as a way of keeping abreast of issues that concern buyers (im attached and passionate about my chosen profession) and dont wish to divulge who i work for or to use this forum to gain business as i feel my relationship with the community will be different (it would be like trying to sell to my mates down the pub if you know what i mean!).

so you have put me in a dilemma!!!!!

as a one off, i will email you during the week and if you reply with your number i will call you and find out what your needs are and then perhaps suggest some people you should view with when you come over. i do wish to remain anonymous though so i will be speaking through one of those voice changing things and will wear a false nose whilst on the phone

simbas

Message Posted:
18/11/2007 18:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 81 in Discussion

oh dont please, what have you got to hide ? i wonder-----------

hope you are having a good afternoon

DONTY

Message Posted:
18/11/2007 19:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 81 in Discussion

i knew it!

damned if i do, damned if i dont!

ive had a great afternoon thanks...u too

dodger

Message Posted:
18/11/2007 19:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 81 in Discussion

paul kay the web site is carringtonnortherncyprus

ukturk

Message Posted:
18/11/2007 22:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 81 in Discussion

hi paulkay

between my first cousin and me we will be building 2 main villas one for me and cousin and 4 simalar smaller villas to sell that i will be selling privately

regards

ukturk

TUNALI I CON

Message Posted:
19/11/2007 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 81 in Discussion

Hello everyone we are a construction company about 31 years.If you are looking some builders you can come to our office.You will be glad

TUNALI CONSTRUCTION

lovingcyprus

Message Posted:
19/11/2007 18:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 81 in Discussion

Hi Paulkay

If you buy the land and build your own villa you should speak to people who have had a villa built by XYZ builder before you sign up to a contract to find out their experiences.

If you are buying off plan with such and such builder again you should speak to people who have had properties built in the past by that builder.

When building your own or buying off plan make sure that the cost includes providing electricity and water to the property, many peopl have been asked for £0,000s for this. All you should have to do then is visit Kibtek and the Belediyesi to get an account in your name. Also make sure that you have a tarmaced road to your property and that the cost includes that. Boundary walls make sure the cost is included if not tell builder in writing that you do not want a boundary wall again many people have been caught.

Whatever route you go down do not be tempted to part with too much money in your stage payments, make sure that the work you have been has been done!!!! has actually been completed, i.e. get someone you know to check up for you and send you photographs. Maybe even pay an unannounced visit yourself to check on progress.

As UKturk says expect the unexpected

TUNALI I CON

Message Posted:
19/11/2007 22:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 81 in Discussion

You can trust TUNALI CONSTRUCTION if you want some building work or something like that.TunalıCons. is seller of ISONEM waterproofing products they solve too much pools leaking problem and damp proofing.

sonny

Message Posted:
20/11/2007 20:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 81 in Discussion

ONLY one builder i trust, and thats a man whos built up his reputation in london as a first class builder who you can absolutley trust. the way he works is that he doesnt buils houses and tries to sell. He will build to the very highest spec with the plans that YOU provide,so he will make sure you have all the planning permission etc, and rest assured his work is garaurnteed!!!. his name is huseyin and he lives in karaoglanoglu

Paulkay

Message Posted:
20/11/2007 21:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 81 in Discussion

Hi sonny

any more info on this guy as it would be good to talk to him,and how do you know him?

Regards Paul

gazza

Message Posted:
20/11/2007 22:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 81 in Discussion

hi everyone

our builders are evergreen we have been told they are good builders and reliable has anyone had problems with them. all seems to be going ok at moment our property should be ready in aug 2008.?

Paulkay

Message Posted:
23/12/2007 13:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 81 in Discussion

Hi Donty

Still waiting for that email that you said you would send on the 18/11/07.

We have booked flights for the 27/2/08.if possible could do with talking to you

as we are doing a 4 day trip to see what is about

Would be good to hear from you.

Merry christmas and a happy new year

Paul & kay

united

Message Posted:
24/12/2007 13:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 81 in Discussion

I can recommend Halil : halil@northcypruspropertyconsultants.com

He knows ALL the builders and companies in NC.

He is the only person I trust 100% His after sales service is second to none.

Good Luck

united

Message Posted:
24/12/2007 13:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 81 in Discussion

I too was going to buy from Evergreen, untill I heard from a disgruntled buyer.

NC developers seem to be going through bit of a bad patch at the moment, suggest you do nothing untill you get there, and make a few enquiries, it is a small place, everyone knows everyone so it will not be hard to find out who is reliable.

lisa201168

Message Posted:
24/12/2007 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 81 in Discussion

hi paul, please dont forget local builder - beydola construction whom I can do nothing but recommend. He build a villa for me start to finish in 9 months and snagging has been completed, he is as good as I could have wanted, being on the nervous side when I opted to buy there.....if you want to mail me for more info, lisa201168@aol.com..I am in Catalkoy. http://www.beydolavillas.com, worth a look.

best of luck.

Lizzie1201

Message Posted:
13/02/2008 09:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 81 in Discussion

Anybody heard of Ali Osman Yavuz / ormak yapi Ltd currently building 13 Properties in the Tatlisu area?

stevie-d

Message Posted:
13/02/2008 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 81 in Discussion

I would highly recommend Donaghay&Beyler estate agents opposite Astro supermarket in Girne also Ataser Constructin who are based in Alsancak, builds to a very high spec, the owner is a guy called Necip who is a qualified engineer.

stevie-d

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
13/02/2008 14:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 81 in Discussion

The sister site to http://www.northerncyprusproperties.co.uk with a wider range of properties, and seems to growing weekly, is:

http://www.northcypruspropertiesagent.com

It's run by the same company; Homebuyers Estate Agents of Famagusta. The owner is Peter Lawson, a Englishman with a Turksish Cypriot father, and the company is registered as an Estate Agent (number 89 or so, I believe).

Paulkay

Message Posted:
15/02/2008 09:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 81 in Discussion

Hi Tim

What do you know about Peter Lawson, and the company that he runs?

Thanks for the info Regards Paul

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
15/02/2008 10:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 81 in Discussion

PaulKay,

Peter earned his living in the UK as a Dentist in his own practice in the London area with a very large and successful client list and emloyed a number of associate dentists and hygenists. He also did dental seminars for Universities and private groups.

As I said before his father is Turkish Cypriot and mother, I believe was Swiss. He is married with 2 children. He owns a couple of houses in the Famagusta area, several donums of land and has an unmarked office their too. The company he runs, Homebuyers Estate Agency, is registered with all authorities.

He has a partner from Pakistan who deals with all the websites, ensuring that they appear on page 1 of Google and Yahoo on a regular basis.

He also has one other employee who works for him as a property finder, developer liasion, salesman, web uploader and tea maker (only joking on that last one!). They are looking to expand the business with more employees as soon as business picks up; and that could be as soon as next month depending on how the elections in the south go.

At the moment all their work is being done via the Interent. They are looking to have an office in Girne soon, but only when they have a large enough portfolio and business picks up to the extent that the expense warrants it.

Peter has several well known "cousins" within his family.

millzer

Message Posted:
15/02/2008 10:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 81 in Discussion

He is on some forums as 'Petertheenglishdentist'

McSteviet

Message Posted:
15/02/2008 15:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 81 in Discussion

We are having our Villa built by Greatstone Construction in Lapta and after a few initial hick-ups that were sorted out, we are going greatguns.

We get almost weekly photo's from Greatstone themselves on the progress and monthly from the Estate Agent.

We are in constant contact by email, so couldn't be better so far.

The quality on finished villas we have seen is superb and we no reason to doubt that ours won't be the same.

Can't wait for it to be finished.

MC

lovelife

Message Posted:
15/02/2008 17:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 81 in Discussion

MC

We have had photos at each stage from Greatstone, But s*d all from the estate agents we dealt with which I presume will be the same as you which are Unwins.

Do you email them so that they reply or do they send your updates of their own accord?

Like you I fully expect our villa to be on time and have no worries with our builder.

Thanks

LL

McSteviet

Message Posted:
15/02/2008 18:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 81 in Discussion

Lovelife,

You are right, we did buy through Unwins. I emailed them once and have had photo's from a guy called Lyndon on or around the 20th of each month since.

I assume you are buying in Esentepe, how far are you on with your build?

MC

lovelife

Message Posted:
15/02/2008 18:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 81 in Discussion

MC

Greatstone emailed us a couple of weeks ago, to say they were starting the brickwork and were emailing us to confirm that the changes we had made remained the same.

LL

McSteviet

Message Posted:
15/02/2008 18:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 81 in Discussion

You sound like your at the same stage as we are.

Infact we got photo's today from both Greatstone & Unwins, showing they have almost finshed the upstairs brickwork. That was only two weeks from getting the photo's of the Bricks being delivered.

They are getting on quite well with the roof too.

Are you in Esentepe?

MC

lovelife

Message Posted:
15/02/2008 20:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 81 in Discussion

MC

Yes we are in Esentepe right near the golf course.

LL

Bradus

Message Posted:
16/02/2008 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 81 in Discussion

Saw this and thought it contained good solid advice for those people searching o rbeginning the process of buying in the TRNC.

http://www.wikio.com/article=27600101

simbas

Message Posted:
17/02/2008 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 81 in Discussion

hi paul & kay , just a message to wish you a safe journey and i hope all goes well with your trip and that you find what you are looking for

kind regards pat

Jarra

Message Posted:
17/02/2008 23:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 81 in Discussion

Hi paul & Kay

just reading this thread your head must be spinning with information see this builder that builder etc. You know of my experiences and I wish you and Kay a stress free time when your out visiting North Cyprus in the very near future.

It takes me back to when I first went out there to plan our future in 2004 with a 5 year plan, and through help of local friends I have known for over 20 years got the result we were looking for.

Now with so many web sites and advice, I think it's actually harder now to feel comfortable that your doing the right thing because possibly we have access to too much information that complicates the brain and quite simply who's who giving the advice.

I like many others on here wish you and many others looking to buy or build in North Cyprus a positive result.

Take your time with any decision you make, so that when you return home you do not start worrying have I done the right thing.

If not sure then don't do it return home and return later it will still be there and you have a 6 or 7 year plan, which is loads of time.

Best wishes and would love to see a thread on this web site where you recommend a potential purchaser in years to come, by stating I got a great result and this is how I did it.

Jarra

McSteviet

Message Posted:
18/02/2008 00:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 81 in Discussion

Yarra,

You are the one to do it. You done it good. start a thead........

MC

Jarra

Message Posted:
18/02/2008 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 81 in Discussion

Thanks Steve and it was nice to meet you and Bridget on one of your visits, when you came to our place.

I read this web site almost daily, reading some interesting comments, and got to meet quite a few people who contribute.

If ever your up our way again please pop in, we are next due out at the end of April for a couple of weeks.

Its also nice to see you are happy with how your project is going, all the very best.

Jarra

angel121

Message Posted:
27/04/2008 17:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 81 in Discussion

Hi there

Just a little note, there is a trusty british builder who lives in Catalkoy he only charges £60 a day labour for general building work, he's honest and very reliable unlike some of the other builders around.

He is at present sorting business in the uk but will be back in cyprus first week of june he is a busy man but always willing to help out expats with their building needs.

Please email me for his number

Angel121

angel121

Message Posted:
27/04/2008 17:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 81 in Discussion

Hi there

Just a little note, there is a trusty british builder who lives in Catalkoy he only charges £60 a day labour for general building work, he's honest and very reliable unlike some of the other builders around.

He is at present sorting business in the uk but will be back in cyprus first week of june he is a busy man but always willing to help out expats with their building needs.

Please email me for his number

Angel121

wynyardman

Message Posted:
27/04/2008 17:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 81 in Discussion

Angel121,

I wish you were my daughter.

Keep plugging away. You are getting there!

wyn

angel121

Message Posted:
01/05/2008 18:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 81 in Discussion

Thanx wyn

My dad getting very bored with retirement so any jobs better than none, haha

Tracey

gillken

Message Posted:
25/05/2008 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 81 in Discussion

Hi

Can anyone give info on ormak yapi Ltd.

We visited site a couple of days ago fell in love with Villa one of 13 in Tatislu but had some issues, with stories given by estate agents REmax and developer.

cocos

Message Posted:
25/05/2008 19:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 81 in Discussion

DOn't trust Remax. They were involved in the selling of Laren Construction aka Ozturk aka hermes construction. They must have know what this builder was like prior to selling them.

greenman

Message Posted:
25/05/2008 23:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 81 in Discussion

Good job this message wasn't titled 'What builders NOT to trust?' Would be much longer list!!

greenman

maggie

Message Posted:
27/05/2008 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 81 in Discussion

FIKRI TERKAN IS A RELIABLE BUILDER, ANY PROBLEMS AND THEY ARE SORTED OUT STRAIGHT AWAY. NO PROBLEMS WITH GETTING YOUR DEEDS.

NEED ANY MORE INFO, MARGARET.HUSHON@KIER.CO.UK

gillken

Message Posted:
27/05/2008 12:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 81 in Discussion

Hi

Visited Ormak Site of 13 Villas near Tatislu last week. Fell in love with the Villas, Eileen from Remax was lovely !

We even had a meeting with the Developer. He assured us that he owned the land,the road would be owned by the estate, which would mean no other developments being allowed unless we gave permission. The land behind the site was owned by the Goverment so would not be developed never ever.....

We asked with regards to electric installation, was told a further £1000 was needed for transformer and a further £100 each for both electric and water meter. Suddenly lost in translation "how much would installation cost from transformer to electric box and how much for water into meter box!!!

We mentioned the pegs out on a field as we were coming up to the villas via the private road, were told that someone must have put in for planning at some stage but it would have been turned down as the land would have been landlocked by our private road, so not to worry. But then when looking around site it was always mentioned we would keep our view as no one was allowed to build within 50 metres of a ravine which was off our private road towards those pegs.???

We were given two answers for water, the developer was going to either bring in mains up ravine or up the private road. Also he was soooo conscientious, was going to have a bore well for watering garden.

So we came away full of excitment, I was already planning the interior. But doubts started to set in.

We were told a stupid lie over mosquitoes, now someone whom lives in hot country should know the breeding habits of these horrible things. But it was if we were just being humoured, so what else were we being humoured about????

Then there was the problem over translation of water/electric supply connection to villa, I could not let this drop in my mind.

We neither could let the road issue go, does anyone know how much it costs to tarmac 1/2 mile of road??

Funny how we were not alLowed to be left alone on site, was it just good manners on his side, when I asked Eileen for a prospectus of site I was met with a shirty reply that I had been given one, yes but not with a check list!!!

Anyway Estate Agent left told us that the Villas were going up £15,000 after the next one sold, and that she had another client coming over whom had waited 6 months to get out to N Cyprus, the actual developer stayed following us around giving us water. Suddenly he could speak English.

I tossed and turned, my other half hated the fact everwhere was dirty and what beach could he enjoy without rubbish on.

So the last day we went in a huge circle from Lapta Were we were staying up to Farmagusta and finally back to the site, were we called in off speck.

Only the none English builders were there we tried to ask about services, so one rung the boss. Ahhh we will get caught out, but spoke to some other guy whom I got to repeat that "the road would belong to the government so anyone could use as access".

One final issue was at the back of the site were we had goverment land that could "never be deveoped", which looked pretty much the same as the site. It was obvious that there was an old boundary hedge, that seemed to seperate the two areas. How come the new road was going to be placed in that area. Was he just going to take it and hope the goverment would not notice, or did he own this other field and at some time was going to develop it!!!!

We decided to investigate the field with the pegs and white cards, that when I turned around had numbers on from 1-25. The tracks in the field looked well used so we followed them to the end. Guess were we came to. The main road, and what a short cut.

Suddenly a lot made sense this area would be developed front sides and back, this would then be worthy of money being spent on new roads and water pipes and el

Aga Buyers A G

Message Posted:
27/05/2008 14:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 81 in Discussion

If In ANY Doubt - DON'T

http://www.trncpropertywarning.freewebsites.com

ABAG

xxxxxxx

greenman

Message Posted:
27/05/2008 16:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 81 in Discussion

Gillian,

The important thing is to gather as much information as possible. Then only sign a Contract with every detail specified. Do not take anything for granted. Have you seen this website? http://www.hbpg-trnc.net Certainly wished I had this information at hand at the time.

greenman

raybo

Message Posted:
27/05/2008 18:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 81 in Discussion

Hi gill,

i have bought number 13 on greenhill villas nearly finished, like you i was concerned, we have been told the road is private, and those other plots 1-25 there builder will have to have there own entrance from the main road, but either way that does not worry me, and also like you i think that the state land behind our property there is every chance it may in the future be built on, but we liked what the build and plans looked like so we took the plunge and so far we are highly delighted, anyone can say there will never be any more building there but who knows, we already know our builder is planning some more properties 800 mtrs to the right of our property but still far enough away for us to still have our privacy, will they share the road? having heard people who say they are having problems with there builder and time scales we are well ahead of completion and the villa looks fantastic, as for water, telephone, we have been told no problem, electric not so straight forward he has applied to goverment and he says it will take 5 to 7 months as for cost we have been told £1,000 plus metre charge, hope this helps? anything i can help you with please ask, ray.

gillken

Message Posted:
28/05/2008 12:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 81 in Discussion

Hi

Thankyou for the reply, you seem to be Knowledgeable on all matters of buying in N Cyprus!

I spoke with someone whom bought off plan from the developer and is very pleased with the services so far.

I think I have put some questions in his mind though so he will be getting in touch with the EA and Developer today.

lifeinthesun

Message Posted:
28/05/2008 12:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 81 in Discussion

Hi folks

can anyone inform me about ANDELIP the builders..

I am currently in the Citrus grove development up in Alsancak with very little work being done.

After continuous e-mails to Andelip ,, still no replies.

Any information would very much be appreciated, also is the office still operating in the town square near the electonic advertising board..

Thanks in Advance

gillken

Message Posted:
30/05/2008 01:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 81 in Discussion

Hi Greenman

Thanks for the reply. Not sure where your going with the comment about "builders to trust!"!

Think I have crossed all my tt's and dotted my iii's !!!. We have taken the plunge fingers crossed.

Can anyone tell me why pools are all a set price? Is it right that China has bought the air space for TV transmission?

EricaJ

Message Posted:
30/05/2008 15:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 81 in Discussion

Hi there

I also bought from Fikri Terkan builders 'off-plan' in October 2003 - completed April 2005 (top floor apartment). All went to plan, problems all sorted and everything as promised! Can thoroughly recommend! Would definitely buy off-plan from them again in the future (my 'dream' apartment in Kyrenia is now up for sale if anyone interested - after much pressure from husband to move nearer golf course in Esentepe!!).

My understanding is that you will always have some problems along the way, however good your builders are! It's just that some problems are 'niggling' ones and some are completely devastating! So take care with your choice of builder!

Hope that helps!

Erica

the cat

Message Posted:
23/06/2008 06:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 81 in Discussion

I have noticed that you have bought a villa from greatstone next to the golf course at esentepe do you know if all the plots are sold yet and when your villa is due for completion?

Is it the site where there is 10 villas to be built ?

what about nearby there are rumours ther is going to shops, supermarket and restraunts to be built.

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
23/06/2008 08:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 81 in Discussion

Have you signed the petition to amend the Specific Performance Law?

Without a change in this law, it means you cannot take action against your vendor to compel them to transfer the title deeds to you. Thus some unscrupulous developers are not adhering to their side of the contract and are not willing to transfer the deeds to the buyers, using this a leveridge to extract extra funds from purchasers.

Please see this weeks edition of Cyprus Today (June 21-27), who are covering this very important issue.

The petition was started some time ago by Ismet Ustuner, a very helpful and knowledgeable member of this board where legal matters are concerned. The petition is backed by the HBPG.

This is the link to the petition:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/petitioncyprus/index.html

Sibel

SueJim

Message Posted:
30/07/2008 22:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 81 in Discussion

Hello Ray - We are Suan and Jim - we have bought plot 10 - due for completion December 2008. We have seen your villa - looks great. How did you choose the tiles for your kitchen. What has Bekir (the builder) told you with regard to the second car port. He has told us that he cannot build this immediately because of lack of initial planning permission. Is your balustrade and stair bannister counted as standard fixtures.

When do you hope to move in?

Regards Jim and Susan

SueJim

Message Posted:
30/07/2008 22:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 81 in Discussion

Yes we are having a villa built at Green Hills (plot 10)

neil27

Message Posted:
20/08/2008 00:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 81 in Discussion

Hi everyone,

We are thinking of buying a completed villa built by Sersoy Construction. Does anyone have any info about them?

bradus

Message Posted:
20/08/2008 00:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 81 in Discussion

Not heard of the construction company, but makes alot of sense to be buying a completed villa.

Read all previous threads contact HBPG and don't use lawyer recommended by estate agent or builder.

bertiebadger

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 81 in Discussion

HI EVERYONE OUT THERE,

I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE WHO HAS BOUGHT FROM ALPAN UZ OR NE-SA CONSTRUCTION. I AM HEARING ALL SORTS OF WORRING STORIES OF PEOPLE HAVING PROBLEMS. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF ANY SUCCESS STORIES TOO.

THANKS

tonyhickey

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 11:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 81 in Discussion

I trust EVERGREEN brilliant finish so far ,hoping to complete Dec 2008 on Crystal Bay Marina.

cyprusgaz

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 11:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 81 in Discussion

www.bormat.com

ibrindley

Message Posted:
12/09/2009 13:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 81 in Discussion

There are good builders and bad builders but one thing is for sure - none of them can build a decent pool. Would always advise having pool and terracing built by a proper pool company e.g. Octopus.

We bought of Santa Fe and had lot of problems and delays although now happy with Villa (though pool below average). Also have Kocan and judging by there recent developments e.g. Ocean View, they are back on track and are probably as good as anybody now they have stopped using unreliable subcontractors. They have had a lot of bad press which they deserved at the time but I would probably buy from them now if I was in the market for off plan.

If I was wanting an individual build on my own plot I wouldn't use anyone other than Haci Ali (probably the best builder on the island)

frontalman

Message Posted:
13/09/2009 09:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 81 in Discussion

We bought a plot of land and had a builder, we knew, trusted and had evidence of good after-service, build a house we designed (based on plans for a similar property. We had no problems doing it this way, the taxes were cheaper as we didn't have to pay KDV, and we had a kocan in three years from contracts being signed. We used a reputable advocat, and for eveything we took advice and did much research. We rented for six months so we could find what we wanted, and we rented while the house was being finished. We went back to UK for 5 months while the bulk of the construction was going on but came back for the fixtures and fittings part of the build. We were advised to stay clear of big builders and estate agents and I think this stood us in good stead. This may not work for everyone, and I think the situation is different now than it was in 2004/5

BigBen

Message Posted:
14/09/2009 05:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 81 in Discussion

www.imperialcyprus.com

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.