North Cyprus Tourist Board - motorbike license, how much to take test?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > motorbike license, how much to take test?

motorbike license, how much to take test?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

corbytown

Message Posted:
12/03/2012 17:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

does anyone know approx how much is it to take your bike/scooter test, and can anyone recommend someone? i have just purchased a 150cc scooter and i am assuming i will need a bike license eventually

Karmels

Message Posted:
13/03/2012 11:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

HI Corbytown.

I had to do the same late last year, you will need a provisional licence to take the test this lasts 6 months.

I used Ozbeck driving school by the Wednesday market, he will apply for the provisional licence, you will need 4 passport photos 2 for the provisional and 2 for the new licence when you have taken the testl

The test centre is the large building by the Wednesday market with a coffee shop on the right of the entrance, it is the first room on the left, the test is very easy, mirror signal move look over your shoulder a few times, he will ask you to drive off the carpark towards the cafe and turn down towards town after a 100 yrd turn round using the same mirror singal ect and return to the carpark, done. if the bike is automatic this is all you can drive best to use a bike with manual gears to do the test then you can ride both automatic and manual, I only found out when the new licence arrived.

Hope this is of some help.

Mel

corbytown

Message Posted:
13/03/2012 14:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Cheers Mel,

thanks for the info regards the gears, good advice. I was told the test is not too difficult! so he does speak English then?

The driving school chap i was put on to, said something like i give him so much and this gets me to ride with L plates, then the rest when i take my test (as you said within 6 months) but he did not speak that good english. In all Mel, can you remember what your costs was? it could be worth going with Ozbeck

Karmels

Message Posted:
13/03/2012 14:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Sorry I have forgotten but I think it was something like 200tl for the provisional and about the same for the test.

Ozbeks have bikes with gears but I don't know how much they charge for the use.

To give you some Idea to take a car test with lessons cost over 1000tl to the locals, go and see old Mr Ozbek you should be able to find him at the small car sales yard at the bottom of the road to the Girne American university on the right or first thing in the morning at the driving school office.

Mel.

breezyboy

Message Posted:
13/03/2012 16:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

There can only be expats who can answer this question. No TC has has as much as a lesson on a motorbike!

sharpei

Message Posted:
13/03/2012 16:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

can you just drive a moped?

Karmels

Message Posted:
13/03/2012 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Sorry Breezyboy, but on the morning of my test there was 4 young Cypriot lads and 1 girl waiting for the bike test, although I went first I did#t see how they got on.

Corbytown I forgot to mention, you will have to polish up on the highway code as they ask you about 10 questions before the test, it is based on the UK highway code so you can down load the signs to refresh your mind, I was surprised to see how many new signs there are.

Mel.

corbytown

Message Posted:
13/03/2012 16:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Thanks again Mel

Sharpei in the uk you can ride anything up to a 125cc with L plates for 2 years i believe, but you have to take a cbt each year then you have to take your bike test. I dont know if the same rule applies here,

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.