North Cyprus Tourist Board - Having tried the link to Myiplayer.com need dedicated laptop
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Having tried the link to Myiplayer.com need dedicated laptop

Having tried the link to Myiplayer.com need dedicated laptop

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

judyr

Message Posted:
13/03/2012 10:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Having tried this link I am now looking to buy a laptop/netbook purely dedicated for this purpose. I am a complete technophone so wondered if someone could advise whether this will do the job for me. I don't need it to do much else so don't intend to have anything else running, just need to know that it will do what I want.

judyr

Message Posted:
13/03/2012 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Oops - forgot to put the model I was thinking of: samsung nc110 10.1 inch netbook I only want it to watch tv plugged into main tv and possible to store music. Thanks

yenibob

Message Posted:
13/03/2012 19:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

I have a Samsung Netbook for dedicated TV. I have upgraded the RAM (£13) and that's about it. I use a VGA to video adaptor(£15) due to having a steam driven TV, but it all works!

Bought the whole thing from Amazon.

erolz

Message Posted:
13/03/2012 20:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

I personaly would not recommend this machine as suitable for providing online TV to your television. Firstly it does not have an HDMI port and if your TV does (and just about all flat screen LCD / LED TV of last 3 or 4 years will have) this is by far the best physical connection to use to connect a PC/Laptop to a television. Secondly the grpahics chip in this machine, Intel GMA 3150 is not really up to the job. It will probably be fine playing streaming content like ITV player on it own screen, but will struggle with high definition content and struggle when it has to drvie not just its own screen but also an external TV screen which will have much higher resolution than the internal one.

Dillon

Message Posted:
13/03/2012 20:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Cheapest piece of kit I’ve seen on the market capable of HDMI output would be the Respberry Pi at around £30.00! http://www.raspberrypi.org/ but I’m not sure how the OS or any 3rd party plugin would handle Myiplayer.

wanderer

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 09:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Why not try a pc box with HDMI cable cools better than a lap top and your tv is the screen

What would you recommend erolz

I had a Dell laptop burn out two years ago in the summer to hot for it The outside temp was 40c and one of the circuits failed doing the hard drive

wanderer

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 09:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

ps my son is using a sony ericson xperia arc s android phone which has hdmi connection as standard linking it to the tv

juliamoons

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 10:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Judy not so long back Techmar (think thats how you spell it) who are opposite Lemar in Karakum mentioned a TV box that they were selling. The box plugs into your tv and into your internet connection for access to UK TV. I have to agree with Wanderer my lap top gets very hot in the summer. I have also had a Dell laptop that burned out last year, mind you it was well overdue for renewal.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.