North Cyprus Tourist Board - Cheshire Home..Why is there only silence about the fund raising ?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Cheshire Home..Why is there only silence about the fund raising ?

Cheshire Home..Why is there only silence about the fund raising ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 01:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 198 in Discussion

It has not gone away ! The questions are still legitimate about the festival 11 fund raising fiasco and the questions have NOT been answered ! Many people give of their time and resources (money etc ), to charity and they expect and deserve..full accountability, and rightly so. We have heard the lots of excuses and pleas for patience But we have not heard the truth of what happened. Many, who asked , important questions, were banned`and were silenced, for a while, but the questions still remain......How much money was raised ?, What (exactly) were the the expenses involved ? What (exactly) were the roles, and responsibilities , of the Festival 11 committee and of the the organisers of the contributing acts ? What commission, if any, did they claim ? Where are the the Full accounts and will they be made public ? If not,Why ? and finally, why is the good name of a reputable charity, Cheshire Home, being sullied by a lack of disclosure from the charity, itself ?

oliveoil

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 03:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 198 in Discussion

They have given a response

If anybody wants answers go to the AGM and ask any questions when the accounts are passed out

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 09:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 198 in Discussion

Is there a date then for the AGM so that we can do this - is the meeting open to the public (it should be) but here, who knows?

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 12:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 198 in Discussion

The answer to the question is obvious - a Public Forum (which apart from home grown ill wishers is available to anyone anywhere in the word at a click) is not a suitable place to publish that kind of detail particularly if there are legal issues involved.

I believe the AGM is due in a month or two. As far as I know the exact date has not yet been fixed but no doubt details of it will be in the Press as usual. The rules for access are the same as any other Charity in the TRNC.

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 15:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 198 in Discussion

EamonnMc it will take along while to go away. Many people gave a lot of money .

C.H. have done so much damage to their selves I said it in the early days of this scandal that it would have been far better simply telling the truth and taking the correct course of action.

People would have shown far more understanding and sympathy. I think they have done massive damage to their future fundraising and reputation.

Every one I have spoken to is very negative about them now.

I find it hard to understand how supposedly inteligent people think could possibly think that all the lies and fudge would help.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 16:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 198 in Discussion

Msg 5,

Agree with you, Lee. The damage done to the Cheshire Home by this episode is incalculable . They have been very foolish indeed, in their lack of transparency and the charity will suffer as a result, I fear. Sad, particularly when it was avoidable.

cavalryman

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 16:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 198 in Discussion

I find the reluctance to delve to the bottom of the fiasco frankly worrying it ponders the view were individuals from C H also involved in the fraud? they certainly are involved along with the project manager and his cronies in the cover up!!

mel7348

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 18:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 198 in Discussion

EamonnMc I applaud your post. Dare I say it seems a Cypriot trait to bury head in sand when things go very wrong, especially where foreigners are concerned. I for one will be attending the AGM and hope for some concrete information,but wont be holding my breath. The Management Committee believed in the integrity of the Fund Raising Committee and it must have come as big shock when they realised they had been well and truely ripped off.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 198 in Discussion

msg 8, mel7348,

Great news that you are going to attend the AGM. People need to be supplied with the full details by the Committee and hopefully , that will be the case. Anyone know the exact date of the AGM ?

GinaC

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 198 in Discussion

One month on from the statement, no it has not been confirmed as dead and buried but we are now very much in the autopsy stage. There may be silence in some online blogs but in others the search continues.

When someone has the exact date of the AGM please post it here or will that be silenced also?

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 01:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 198 in Discussion

I think you will find that the Cheshire Home AGM is not open to the general public....

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 01:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 198 in Discussion

As is usual with AGMs a new Committee will be elected - no doubt some of the existing Committee will stand for relection but there may be vacancies and as I have explained before the expatriate community has been under-represented for some time ,.

So this is the chance for those who think they could do better to volunteer their services - and find out just how much hard work and dedication it involves. People with IT knowledge and public relations and fund raising experience will be particularly welcome - although in the light of experience (and maybe by way of locking the stable door) the latter may well be asked some searching quesions.

I will tell the Committee people would like to see the date put on here but I dont think it is usual for AGMs (commercial or charity) to put public notices on website forums. It would help if anyone could tell me which (if any) registered TRNC charities have in fact posted their AGMS here.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 01:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 198 in Discussion

msg 12,

Bizzilizzi,

In your message 4 , you say that the details of the AGM will be published, as usual, in the Press ! You may be wrong and of course, it is only your opinion But (and I don't know if you are a member of the CH ) that does not say that Cheshire Home will come clean and tell the truth, as they know it, and restore the reputation of the charity which has been badly damaged by this whole affair. Radioangel, is correct, msg 11, the general public will be excluded but the CH members have a responsibility to all who contribute, to ask the hard questions, and report them ,so that all may be informed, be they members or not !

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
16/03/2012 00:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 198 in Discussion

Message 13

I went to a lot of time and trouble to explain my involvement with Cheshire Homes on another thread . It seems that people dont actually want to read what other people have to say just to express their own prejudiced views.

I am a long term supporter of Cheshire Homes (Kyrenia) and know how hard they work and the good theydo. These threads are thus causing a lot of distress. I am not currently a member of the Commitee so cant speak for them.

In the past Cheshire Homes AGMs have been published in the Press and I know of no reason the next one shouldnt be - however sadly the Press dont always publish as and when they are asked!

As far as I am aware pulic are admitted to AGMs but not allowed to vote. However other Charities exclude the public (I wanted to go to one to find out if it was something I wanted to support but wasnt allowed) so I am not sure, I will try to find out. cont............

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
16/03/2012 00:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 198 in Discussion

The quesion of public participation in CH AGMs has not arisen in the past - no one was interested until the scented the excitement of what they thought could be a nice juicy scandal.

I would point out that - to save money - Cheshire Homes use their own premises for AGMs and parking is limited and not allowed on street. It might be an idea to write tothem indicating your intention to attend so they know how many people to cater for and to arrange car sharing. Also there is a lot of other business to attend at an AGM and it can go on a long time. That includes electing the Committee as I said before - no volunteers yet from those who claim to be so concerned.

I did ask for other Charities to advise what they do about public notices. It would be intresting and useful to all concerned to know their policies on public admission.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
16/03/2012 02:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 198 in Discussion

From the information I have been given , until there is official information from the Cheshire Home in North Cyprus all posts on here purporting to be speaking for them should be disregarded.

elko2

Message Posted:
16/03/2012 09:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 198 in Discussion

As I understand it BizziLizzi is close to CH and takes the trouble to enlighten us but she does not claim to represent CH in any official capacity. I found the information provided by her as useful and away from any gossip. Unfortunately we have seen a great deal of that recently. Let us hope that things get back to normal asap and people are not detracted from contributing to good causes.

ismet

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
16/03/2012 16:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 198 in Discussion

Asking where funds donated to be given to Cheshire Homes over 5 months ago are being held, and why ( and if ) they are being paid back monthly, does not constitute gossip and is a 'useful' question to many people in both TRNC and UK.

What we have seen has been many unanswered questions and deceitfulness. Things will surly get back to normal when the mystery of the missing expenses receipts of over 20 thousand pounds, is answered.

Trying to pretend this is idle chit chat is just another attempt at a smokescreen.

Information regarding CH should come from them and I have been told that no one has a right to speak on behalf of them.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
16/03/2012 18:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 198 in Discussion

Thank you Elko.

I have always made it clear I do not speak officially for Cheshire Homes. I am simply drawing attention to information which is already in the public sector but people are unaware of in the hope that it well intentioned people will learn of the good they are doing - in the face of serious problems - and not be influenced by the spiteful and irresponsible minority who are only too obviously trying to stir up trouble. I am becoming increasingly concerned about what motivates these stirrers

Radio Angel I have always made it clear that I have no authority to speak FOR Cheshire Homes though I am speaking on their behalf to try to redress the balance.

I have also made it clear that I do not have priviledge knowledge of the recent activities of Festival 11 (and in fact done want to !). But as far as the monthly payments are concerned, please expain how anyone is expected to say whether a payment has been made before it falls due

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
16/03/2012 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 198 in Discussion

As a private individual I have to right to put forward my views gained from past connections with Cheshire Homes and recent experiences as a supporter, attendance at functions and as a patient.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
16/03/2012 19:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 198 in Discussion

Yes you have every right but do others too not have a right to voice legitimate concerns about Festival 11 and their lack of accountability and misplacement of funds without the use of silly insults like 'stirrers' and 'irresponsible minority' by you ? CH needs this money and that is where it should have gone. All of it , 5 months ago. I am aware of the work Cheshire Home does since the days of Canon Arthur Rider. You are aware I was there a few weeks ago when I spoke to you. If you are calling me personally spitful or irresponsible you couldn't be more wrong, and your words do CH a huge disservice as well.

theparson

Message Posted:
16/03/2012 20:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 198 in Discussion

My first post on this subject and probably the last....

I would suggest that anyone who wishes to attend the AGM is fully aware of the rules of the Society before attending, as you may be excluded as you are not a member.

Also if you want to raise this topic it would probably have to be under aob, and there may be quite a few hoops you have to jump through beforehand otherwise it may be off limits.

If you are serious then I suggest you obtain a copy of the rules and then check-out the section relating to the AGM.

Do your homework NOW and then if you follow the rules then it will be damn difficult for the Committee to fudge the question.

Good luck

Turtle

Message Posted:
16/03/2012 21:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 198 in Discussion

Bizzi Lizzie, as an avid supporter of Cheshire Home are you not just a little dissapointed with this whole sordid affair.?

I don't care what the outcome is (whenever that might be) I will never support this charity again.

GinaC

Message Posted:
16/03/2012 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 198 in Discussion

MSG 22

There has been more fudging than you would find in a whole box of fudge fingers, it now does not matter what CH TRNC say here or at the AGM. I think you will shortly find that it is no longer if ever it was under their control nor that of the festival 11 organisers. They had their chance and festival 11 blew it big time and no doubt CH TRNC will do the same with this cloak and dagger stuff. As per turtle in MSG 23 she/he is not alone.

lookinglookin

Message Posted:
16/03/2012 23:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 198 in Discussion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC9BBLSZZdQ

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
17/03/2012 00:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 198 in Discussion

Turtle Message 23.

I am bitterly disappointed that what started as a useful even praiseworthy effort to raise money for a very worthwhile cause, has APPARENTLY gone off the rails because of the APPARENT irresponsibility of one or more members of Festival ll. I will not say more because I do not know the full details and I think the public specualation that has gone on on these Boards is extremely dangerous for all concerned.

I have confidence that the Committee of Cheshire Homes have acted/are acting and will act in the best interests of Cheshire Homes and its very needy beneficiaries in extremely difficult circumstances and I belive they have acted with dignity discretion and restraint in the face of unwarranged attacks on their integrity.

I am seriously distressed that the hard work and dedication of a large number of people over a number of years is being put a risk (and th welfare of the beneficiaries) by what I canonly describe as a witch hunt wrongly directed at that

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
17/03/2012 00:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 198 in Discussion

I am even more distressed by what this and other threads says about a secion of the British Community in North Cyprus and the damage it is doing to the rest of us.

Turtle - This has been a very unforutnate incident but it is only one incident in an anotherwise good record of a worthwhile cause. Please would you and anyone else who genuinely has the interests of seriously disabled people at heart take a good luck at the history of Cheshire HOmes and the good work they are doing and think again about whether they should be penalised because of one possible misjudgement in accepting what they had no reason to believe was anything other than a genuine offer of help.

Information about the history and work of Cheshire Homes Kyrenia has been collated and could be easily available to the public but unforunately they do not have the resources to employ a professional pulic relatios

A lot of information about Cheshire Homes Kyrenia has been collated and is available for pulication .

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
17/03/2012 00:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 198 in Discussion

Unfortunately they do not have the resources to employ a Pulic Relations Officer or experts in information technology. I would offer to post it here myself but I am becoming increasingly concerned about the personal attacks my efforts are attracting and that my efforts to have facts that are in my personal knowledge but not confidential information seriously considered are only leading to more aggression.

Turtle

Message Posted:
17/03/2012 01:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 198 in Discussion

Bizzi,.. there is no aggression here,..... I repeat no aggression.

People are just asking questions, when you ask a question its only right that you get an answer back but alas we don't get any answers.

I can understand your anger at the "bad press" CH is getting on here and I can fully understand that your priority is to the people that depend and benefit from CH help but you really need to try and understand why so many people are very upset with the handling of this debacle.

What should we do...... just let it lie......... or wait indefinate until someone grows some nuts to front this out ?

My advise to you is grab a hold of someone important at CH and get them to talk to the public before the charity becomes potless because the longer this goes on the more damage is being done .

Groucho

Message Posted:
17/03/2012 08:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 198 in Discussion

Turtle, the history of this witch hunt augers against satisfactory disclosure in this place. i.e. Cyprus44 isn't and never was the right place for this process.

Those who chose to make serious hearsay and gossip-based accusations have made it impossible for anyone with good intentions able to have a sensible inquiry answered here.

Many people have been fooled into jumping on the bandwagon in the hope that somehow it would elicit detail that is simply never going to be made public here for that very reason.

Yes there were mistakes - there was lack of control, poor accounting, poor ticket control and poor money handling processes - that much is clearly self-evident but, and it's a big but, for some scoundrels to then make unfounded (I say unfounded because these people were clearly not in possession of demonstrable fact) accusations of 'theft, 'car buying', 'holidays abroad' etc. against members of the organising committee is outrageous.

Groucho

Message Posted:
17/03/2012 08:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 198 in Discussion

cont...

There are clearly many lessons to be learned so that similar mistakes are not recurrent. The mods have clearly tried to air on the side of caution, always wise when accusations of financial impropriety are being hurled about at will and they have been pilloried by some as if their actions are a 'cover-up', when all they are attempting to achieve is some level of fairness to all parties.

Those people who put their reputation on the line to try and raise funds for charity deserve some respect and support. Did they get it? It seems not - the baying mob moved in and based on nothing more than 'estimates' of attendance have made serious allegations and truculent demands for financial details they have no right to.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
17/03/2012 12:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 198 in Discussion

Groucho,

And where would you suggest concerned members of the public should go for answers to their legitimate questions ?

Cheshire Home and Festival 11 have had ample time to get their act together,gather all relevant information and make a comprehensive statement on the controversy to the Press but have failed to do so. The question that must be asked is Why?

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
17/03/2012 13:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 198 in Discussion

'The baying mob ' ???????

For goodness sake . Questions have been asked about the breakdown of the Festival 11 accounts. Why the committee will not allow them to be seen and where the funds have been held for 5 months and why these funds are being paid to CH in installments...if it is .

The agression about this matter is from those trying to defend this deceit not those politely asking for information.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
17/03/2012 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 198 in Discussion

Denise, you still don't understand, do you? Pay some money for the music, throw some money in a bucket and shut up. No questions about anything, please. Whatever the rumours and how highly suspicious (imo) some 'leaked' or confirmed facts may look - shut up. It's none of your business. If you don't respect these rules some people in this and similar threads start calling you names. They seem happy with the status quo "silence is golden". More and more I wonder why. At the moment they are the worst 'friends' of Cheshire Homes and its free-lance committee(s).

Groucho

Message Posted:
17/03/2012 18:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 198 in Discussion

EamonnMc

"And where would you suggest concerned members of the public should go for answers to their legitimate questions?"

You must go to Cheshire Homes and ask... but making inferences on a public forum is not the way to go.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
17/03/2012 19:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 198 in Discussion

Groucho:

Thank you. You put it so much better than I.

You are right there have certainly been lessons that must be learned, and - and I emphasise I speak here as a private individual - I am sure they will be .

The sad thing is - and I speak in a purely private capacity - one of the lessons will be that the Cheshire Homes Committee (and those of other Charities) will be more suspicious and have to be a lot more careful before they accept offers of fund raising in future with the result that, unless well intentioned people rally round, funding of good causes will become even more difficult in future. It is even more sad to my mind that that witch hunt here, added to the original situation is destroying the cedibility , and good will towards the, Expatriate and British Community.i

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
17/03/2012 19:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 198 in Discussion

Dutch Crusader

The Mills of God and the Law grind exceedingly slow. I am sure you are aware that then situations arise that involve allegations of illegality (or even negligence) that involve , even indirctly as in this case, a pulic and respected body, in the UK (and no doubt Holland and other, for want of a better world, more developed countries ,) it has to be handled with extreme discretion and it can take years before the strings are unravelled. Anyone who expects this to be done and dusted in a few months is , let us say niaive.

Again I have to emphasise I speak in a private capacity, but had Cheshire Homes "gone public" on this issue prematurely they would have been the ones accused of prejudice and witch hunting. They really are in a catch 22 situation.

It is now time for good men and women to ignore those who using an unfortunae sitation to work off private grievances by showing their support for worthwhile charities

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
17/03/2012 19:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 198 in Discussion

Radio Angel:

I have already made it clear I do not intend and am not prepared to enter into a personal fight here or elsewhere with you or anyone else.

If you read and thought about other people's posts, you would realise that the comment about "irresponsbility" etc. was a general one and not addressed to any specific individual. That you chose to take it personally speaks for itself.

What was addressed to you by your name (on these Board)was a question of fact. That you (who expect others to answer your questions on sensitive and confidential issues) chose not to answer it also speaks for itself.

Groucho

Message Posted:
17/03/2012 21:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 198 in Discussion

Hans,

As someone who has been on the brunt end of scurrilous accusations on this board, as you have in the past, I think it's a shame that you don't have a more circumspect attitude regarding the loose talk in this matter.

ranger5

Message Posted:
17/03/2012 22:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 198 in Discussion

Groucho, yes keep going and keeping this subject at the top. I always said it is not going to go away!

Incidentally, it was not `all loose talk`- much of what was said/discussed was fact, mainly that CH did not receive

all the money they should have. I also do not agree with your assertion that donors have no right to see the

financial details of F11. We wait in anticipation

Groucho

Message Posted:
17/03/2012 22:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 198 in Discussion

Bob,

If anyone wants to see CH's financial details they should approach them. As far as I see it, demanding that they be published here of all places, is frankly ridiculous.

I have explained that I fully understand there are holes in the accounts, what is not supported by 'fact' are the accusations of 'theft, 'car buying', 'holidays abroad' etc. made without knowledge by vindictive, poisonous posters with whom, I'm glad to say, I am not acquainted...

I'd be very sad to think I knew any of them.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
17/03/2012 22:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 198 in Discussion

@ msg 39, Groucho: (...) regarding the loose talk in this matter. (...)

▶ If it's your opinion that missing money, a handful of other irregularities and a remarkable silence after five plus months should be called 'loose talk' - then indeed we have nothing to discuss. And you can call me names again like in a previous post. But I won't step down to your level.

Groucho

Message Posted:
17/03/2012 22:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 198 in Discussion

What names did I call you?

GinaC

Message Posted:
17/03/2012 23:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 198 in Discussion

Groucho no one is demanding CH provide any information here on the forum, those that have contributed have a RIGHT to know what the hell is going on. You keep saying approach CH and ask them, you haven't a clue have you, admit it. Even CH UK have not been able to obtain the full information so far.

Groucho

Message Posted:
17/03/2012 23:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 198 in Discussion

"Groucho no one is demanding CH provide any information here on the forum"

I rather think they are....

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 01:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 198 in Discussion

I have asked that the Festival 11 publish their accounts. I do not expect anyone to do so on a forum let alone CH

I have also always said, that in my opinion ,the CH accounts will just show a one line entry of money received from Festıval 11. The only interest would be if the latest installment of 1000 tl due now has actually been paid.

It is the breakdown of EXPENSES concealed by the Festıval 11 commıttee which is one of the major issues concerning people along with the fact that no one has been given an accurate figure of what was actually raised including the buckets, sponsorship monies etc etc. This information was deliberately witheld from the public, who provided most of those funds, by the Festival 11 committee. Why ?

Turtle

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 01:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 198 in Discussion

Groucho, I have no wish to "cross swords" with you....... far from it........ however

I have at no point accused anyone of any wrong doing regarding the situation of fund raising for the Festival11 events, my only concern is the appropriation of funds.

If you are happy that this has been done to the satisfaction of CH then lets hear it either on here or in the press,... why the silence ?

You mention that this is not the correct media to discuss this issue but lets not forget there are a lot of people who donated and are not based in NC and this forum is the only source of information to whats happening in NC and people take their information from here.

Lets get this idea that there is a "witch hunt" stopped right now,... there is no wich hunt just honest people asking ....... what the hell happened to all the money raised and where is it.

Its not rocket science just tell us

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 01:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 198 in Discussion

There are no private griviences here at all.

Had CH adopted a different attitude they would have had massive public support. THEY are the aggrieved party in all this. Thousands of pounds of badly needed funds have been raised and yet not passed on to them. It was CH that gave the first press statement about individuals from Ferstival 11 committee no longer being entitled to accept funds on their behalf which started all the questions which still remain unanswered.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 01:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 198 in Discussion

Re Turtle I agree . Why is asking for information that should have been given openly 5 months ago now seen as a witch hunt ? And by making those sort of comments whose interest does it serve ?

Groucho

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 08:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 198 in Discussion

My point it that some people demonstrably with an agenda to rubbish the committee have made serious accusations and inferences previously which now augers against any sensible requests for information. I am not in the slightest surprised that CH will have no truck with the like of Cyprus44 or it's mendacious self-styled 'seekers of truth'.... and who can blame them.

I hope they now keep their own counsel and retain a dignified silence as any report from them now simply will be characterised as any one of 'fudge, cover-up or lies' by those who do have a hidden agenda.... It seems to me the knives were out for some even before the event began.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 09:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 198 in Discussion

Questıons were only asked after 4 months when Festival 11 had not passed any funds on to CH and CH released a press statement in Cyprus Today that raised even more questions and in fact pointed a finger at two individuals.

I cannot see how this shows there was a 'hidden agenda' on the part of those who asked that Festival 11 account for the money it had raised and publish accounts.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 12:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 198 in Discussion

Re message 19. The second monthly payment is OVERDUE thats why I asked if it had been paid. Trying to make silly shots about me not answering questions is pointless. If the payment had not already been due why would I have asked ?

Once again I reiterate I post under my own name, asking my own questions. I do not hide under a cloak of anonymity and do not speak for anyone but myself. I do not post under any other forum name unlike some, or make references on other threads to this matter.

Groucho

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 14:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 198 in Discussion

Denise, to lose track of the foregoing accusations and expect full disclosure in this place is frankly quite naive.

You may not have made accusations against individuals but plenty of others have and they have muddied the waters for everybody.

Now, I'm not sure what you expect to achieve but I don't think you are going to achieve much of any real worth. The constant cries and demands for full disclosure might make you feel important when in fact you are impotent. i.e. You can't force anybody to do anything...

theparson

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 15:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 198 in Discussion

You are missing the point....

As my posting (22) advises, get the rules of the association concerned, study them, and then use them to get the answers you require.

If you are fudged by the Committee then you can probably (if you think its a good idea) bring the whole house of cards down.

Last post on the subject.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 15:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 198 in Discussion

Hı Groucho. I don't expect full disclosure 'in this place' and I don't need to feel important. Maybe naivity has kept me in North Cyprus for so many years.......and well.... as for impotent....

I don't think that I am any of the below but maybe you know better. D x

Definition of IMPOTENT http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/impotent

a : not potent : lacking in power, strength, or vigor : helpless b : unable to engage in sexual intercourse because of inability to have and maintain an erection; broadly : sterile

obsolete : incapable of self-restraint : ungovernable

— impotent noun

— im·po·tent·ly adverb

SandersonP

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 16:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 198 in Discussion

I was reading this morning the accounts of a charity in the UK.

The Trustees Annual Report ( a legal requirement) ends with:

The Responsibilities of the Trustees........................

..............The trustees are also responsible for safeguarding the assets of the charitable company and hence for taking reasonable steps for the prevention and detection of fraud and other irregularities."

I wonder if the trustees here have the same obligations.

DieHard

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 16:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 198 in Discussion

Message 52 How can a payment be overdue if it has been paid?

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 198 in Discussion

DieHard are you saying that it has now been paid ?

Groucho

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 18:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 198 in Discussion

Denise,

I defined your impotence as ' You can't force anybody to do anything...' that is you don't have power over them to make them bend to your will.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 198 in Discussion

Radio Angel: How do you know when the monthly payments are due and whether the payments have been made? If you are genuine in your belief in full disclosure regardless of the consequences you willl give the source of your information.

As far as I am aware the decision to take monthly payments was made public in early/mid February and no statement was made regarding the date of which payments were to be made.

Therefore it is possible the the first payment is not yet, or only just, due and certainly the second cannot be due.

You only harm yourself and whatever case you think you have by making inaccurate statement and veiled accusations.

AnthonySmith

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 18:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 198 in Discussion

The big point is that it doesn't seem that any lessons have been learned. What is to stop anyone else coming forward, charming the committee and putting on a big event to raise cash for the charity? And then be less than transparent when it comes to financial issues?

Who walked away with more money than they should have is a very reasonable question to ask?

The committee behind the festival included names that have been involved in several charities and events. Are they all tarred with the same brush?

Will Cheshire Home miss out on funding opportunities in the future because of this? Turn down fundraising ideas from honest and true people?

Should anyone gives a tupenny hapenny care? Probably not on the way the episode has been handled by all. Which means, I would suggest, few people will want to support Cheshire Home or the people on the committees, in any future endeavours. The silence has been deafening, yes. A few resignations, "last word on the matter" and people feel conned.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 18:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 198 in Discussion

REQUEST TO MODERATORS>

1. Those who feel that buying a ticket for a Concert part of the proceeds of which were to go to Charity entitles them to confidential and possibly priviledged information have presented their case several times.

2. Several people (noteably the Parson in messages 22 and 54) have indicated the correct procedures if they feel they have a grievance. Additionally anyone who feels they have suffered a loss as a result of buying tickets for the concert has the right to take their own legal advice.

3. Those of us who feel that Cheshire Homes deserve support not critcism and/or that the number of unsupported allegations made on these Boards are damaging hav also had our say.

4. The thread has degenerated into ill intentioned people posting inaccuracies and irrelevancies in order to keep the thread at the top and/or goad others into making ill advised statements.

to be continued.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 18:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 198 in Discussion

For goodness sake re message 60 I spoke to Attilla Berberoglu and also Taner Erginal at the Cheshire Home before I left for the UK and they told me that monthly payments had been arranged.

You have emailed me saying not to contact you or you will take legal action against me. I have only EVER replied to your emails, never instigated them and now you continue posting to

me on here.

I am not harming myself or making inaccurate statements but what is your agenda from your anonymous posting position ? As you seem to be appointed as CH spokesperson, why don't you give some positive information instead of constant criticism.

If CH have been paid in full up to date let us know and spread a little happiness.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 18:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 198 in Discussion

Item 4 of post 62 continued. Or trying to prevent serious dicussion by trying to provoke or perpetuate individual quarrels.

Several of the posts are doing a serious disservice to the mainly respectable and well meaning expatriate community in North Cyprus.

I respecfully submit that the time has come to close the thread on the grounds it has been addressed and to indicate that future threads on the subject and future postings on the subject of Festival ll will only be tolerated if they if they provide additonal reliably sourced information on the subject and/or new positive and constructive suggestions as to future action.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 18:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 198 in Discussion

REQUEST TO MODERATORS>

1. Those who feel that buying a ticket for a Concert part of the proceeds of which were to go to Charity entitles them to confidential and possibly priviledged information have presented their case several times.

2. Several people (noteably the Parson in messages 22 and 54) have indicated the correct procedures if they feel they have a grievance. Additionally anyone who feels they have suffered a loss as a result of buying tickets for the concert has the right to take their own legal advice.

3. Those of us who feel that Cheshire Homes deserve support not critcism and/or that the number of unsupported allegations made on these Boards are damaging hav also had our say.

4. The thread has degenerated into ill intentioned people posting inaccuracies and irrelevancies in order to keep the thread at the top and/or goad others into making ill advised statements.

to be continued.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 198 in Discussion

I would like to see evidence of point 4 and in see in fact who is being ill intentioned here. And more importantly why.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 19:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 198 in Discussion

Bizzilizzi,

While you talk a lot , you say nothing of interest to those of us who want answers to legitimate questions. Posting defensive drivel here is no substitute for the disclosure that is required, by those with a legitimate agenda. Threatening people with legal action for answering your emails is hardly the way to proceed and begs the question..What is your problem with full disclosure ? All you are trying to do is muddy the water and cloud the issue. The questions will not go away until they have been answered, this is without doubt, the position, and you trying the shut people up will be seen for what it is, an attempt at a cover up.

GinaC

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 19:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 198 in Discussion

BizziLizzi

Have you heard of the DA Notice system ?

You may try an impose the like on here and even may succeed in getting the Mods to agree to it. However even if you do there are other forums, media and Cheshire Homes themselves that I doubt that even you can silence.

Lets get something clear, this is not a witch hunt it is quest for transparency, accounatbility and truth. If there has been no wrongdoing then let the onus be on those involved to prove it once and for all. If there has been wrongdoing then let those who are innocent but know of the wrongdoing come forward and those that have wronged face the justice system.

At the moment all I see is a smoke screen and the intense desire from certain quarters to force the end of discussion on this subject in the hope it will be forgotten. It won't .......................

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 19:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 198 in Discussion

Radio Angel: I have never represented myself as a spokesperson for Cheshire Homes on this matter - I have made that clear on several posts if you trouble to read them. I have put forward positive postings aboutt he work they do. I consider it unwise for me or anyone else to discuss the Festival ll situation here.

I did not ask if stage payments had been arranged - that is now common knowledge - I asked how you knew when they were due and whether or not they had been paid.

I warned you by email that I would take action if you continued to fail to respect confidentiality and invaded my privacy. You replied with an email that made untrue allegations which would take too much time to refute so I warned you I would tak eaction if they were repeated. That you now raise this on the Boards is totallly unacceptable behaviour.

Generally it is common practice on Board such as this to allow people to withhold their true identify, mainly to avoid the risk of non members readin

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 20:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 198 in Discussion

I did no such thing. I made no untrue allegations AT ALL. I replied politely to your rude email (s) and I am more than happy for you to show whoever you like my emails and take whatever action you want. You have constantly shown a complete lack of insight and respect for others opinions. I did not reply to your last email because you asked me not to , yet continue to attack me on here. That is not acceptable and begs the question of what you are trying to achieve.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 20:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 198 in Discussion

@ msg 50, Groucho: (...) I am not in the slightest surprised that CH will have no truck with the like of Cyprus44 or it's mendacious self-styled 'seekers of truth'.... and who can blame them. (...)

▶ You obviously find it convenient to forget that 'some' C44 members paid for the music (fully aware where the or most or some of the money would go) and didn't ignore the buckets.

@ msg 52, RadioAngel: (...) The second monthly payment is OVERDUE thats why I asked if it had been paid. (...)

▶ The main point is and remains: WHY are 'monthly' instalments necessary at all?!

In the threads about this "Festivalgate" another important question still is: WHY do certain people defend what looks and smells like a cover-up?!

And my personal opinion after this F11-disaster: NEVER one more Lira to an organisation (let alone the free-lance "committees") that demonstrate this incredible CONTEMPT for the people who were asked to come/pay HERE and who did.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 20:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 198 in Discussion

@ msg 69, Bizzilizzi: (...) I have put forward positive postings aboutt he work they do. (...)

▶ Much of the content in your posts concerns the (good) work Cheshire Homes* do in TRNC. That is not the or a point here. I don't recall any post contradicting you.

* You fail to see that CH's PR has been and still is an arrogant disaster.

So, please, stick to the problem*: why is there secrecy about the financial results of Festival11 - people have THE RIGHT to ask and THE RIGHT to be informed about the truth.

* Don't try to redirect us from the real problem - see above.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 20:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 198 in Discussion

accessing and misusing confidential information inadvertantly given. I am far from the only person here who feels it is wise to take advantage of this. I t is also a protection against unfair retaliation by other posters.

Decent people respect this.

It appears that I am now being personally attacked and put at risk for excercising MY right to free speach.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 20:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 198 in Discussion

No one is attacking you. This is not about you. Its about money that was given to Festival 11 to be much needed funds for the Cheshire Home. And everyone has a right to free speach...not just you and if people feel strongly about a matter they often waive their right to anonimity to be counted and if they have the courage of their convictions. Decent people do this too. They do not threaten and insult.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 20:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 198 in Discussion

Anothony Smith Message 61.

You raise good points:

1. I am sure Cheshire Homes willl -- and I believe other Charities already have -- become more wary of accepting offers of help. And you are right the danger is that they will over react and lose opportunities as a result.

2. It will also deter people putting themselves forward to election toCharity Committtees (and incidentally will prevent me offering to serve on the Cheshire Homes or any other Committe and this is the least ill effect that I and other innocent people will suffer.)

As for who cares - well I care about the dedicated innocent people whose work has been trashed and reputations damages by these threads, and even more about the totallly innocent beneficiaries of all Charities

but particularly Cheshire Homes who will be the eventual suffers.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 20:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 198 in Discussion

However other charities have overcome similar setback and overcome similar attacks and I am sure there are enough people of goodwill to ensure Cheshire Homes eventually comes out of it wiser and stronger whatever the short term damage.

I am afraid much as I hate to give in to what I regard as bullying, I am unable to post on this subject and possibly any other further

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 20:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 198 in Discussion

Bizzilizzi, msg 75,

I would suggest, that if you really cared about Cheshire Home and it's good works, you would wholeheartedly endorse those who seek the truth about this matter. By their failure to tackle this issue head on, Cheshire Home are harming themselves. Those looking for answers deserve a fair and comprehensive response. Nothing less will suffice.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 20:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 198 in Discussion

BL you have not been bullied at all, but if you feel like that I am sorry. I have known and respected you for years. I also apologised to you personally at CH if my posts had caused you any personal distress a few weeks ago. This matter is not about personal views its about a huge amount of money that did not go to the Charity it was raised for.

Turtle

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 20:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 198 in Discussion

Bizzie Lizzie wrote (1. I am sure Cheshire Homes willl -- and I believe other Charities already have -- become more wary of accepting offers of help. And you are right the danger is that they will over react and lose opportunities as a result. )

Is that a confirmation that some wrong doing occured during festival 11 ?

tinker

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 22:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 198 in Discussion

People you are "flogging a dead horse".

Can't you see there are no accounts to show. None were kept.

All the money was put in the buckets. Paid out & shared shared out accordingly.

Soon have to start work on "Festival 12". Bring it on.

GinaC

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 23:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 198 in Discussion

What is confidential about where money provided by the general public resides pending transfer to the nominated charity, what is confidential about the amount raised what is confidential about what expenses were deducted.

What is confidential about WHY some of these monies are being paid in installments.

Band aid, live aid, children in need, SOS even local village fetes can get this right year in year out. Bank account details are provided for via bank donations, a running tally of funds raised is provided in almost real time AND a public media announcement is made in hours or a few days at most. We are now almost 6 months on, you can defend CH as much as you want but they have to share the blame.

These funds were GIVEN freely by the public to Cheshire Homes TRNC, did they get them it would seem not

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
18/03/2012 23:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 198 in Discussion

Msg 81,

You are "spot on " in what you say, GinaC, a very good summation.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 00:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 198 in Discussion

Yes GinaC very concise post and of course completely true. Its the arrogance that astounds me of thinking that no one is accountable. Well actually they are and of course accounts were kept, the ' Festival 11 investigative sun committee (!) brought an accountant who had also played a part ın Festival 11 in, to audit them, but for some reason we are not allowed to see them.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 13:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 198 in Discussion

Has anyone received any news from the Cheshire Home H.Q. in London about complaints make about this matter ? I sent an email, on Saturday, asking for an update about their investigations but to date, have not received a reply.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 14:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 198 in Discussion

I think someone on another Cyprus forum has had contact with them and has had a reply and is now waiting for a further update.

Harold2555

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 14:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 198 in Discussion

I do not think that at present this thread should be closed. The original threads were closed because of the preponderence of certain types of post, they were not asking questions, just making unsubstantiated allegations. Message 80 in this thread is an example of that sort of posting. Also one of the main protagonists was a banned member under a false and mendacious dual identity.

As long as that sort of post doesn't take over then you can ask questions, although I don't think you will get any answers on here and I doubt elsewhere but it maintains pressure. What BizziLizzi and others are pointing out is that this is doing collateral damage not only to CH but other charities. If you believe that that is an unfortunate necessity then so be it.

By the Way Radio Angel I think the accountant did some forensic accounting to construct the accounts, not an audit on them. There is a considerable difference

Harold

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 15:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 198 in Discussion

Msg 86,

Harold2555,

Can you please enlighten us, as regards the content of your last sentence ?

Barking

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 15:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 198 in Discussion

Harold There is a considerable difference between " I think the accountant did some forensic accounting to construct the accounts," and I think the accountant did some forensic accounting to construct the accounts

so which is true ? do YOU know or do you THINK you know ?

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 16:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 198 in Discussion

Hi Harold..re message 86..I have never heard that about the accounts.

'Forensic accounting to construct the accounts'

How do you know that ? It is very different to what I was told.

I would have thought that was just the sort of post, especially as a moderator that you were concerned about.

May I ask you where you got this information and if it is verifiable ?

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 17:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 90 of 198 in Discussion

Also the collateral damage was done by those who refused to disclose their accounts not those who report it. Ever heard of don't shoot the messenger (s) ?

mel7348

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 17:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 91 of 198 in Discussion

Message 87 - I second that. In the present climate could be construed as Provocative to say the least !

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 92 of 198 in Discussion

Forensic means pertaining to the Courts or the Law. Therefore I assume forensic auditing is specifically looking for something which might lead to legal action.

A normal Audit should find any illegalities but it is principally to protect shareholders etc. and is looking for compliance with regulations (particularly tax) and genuine errors and to ensure that the accounts are presented in the correct fomat. This is why it is worth waiting for accounts to be audited as they will at least "clear the decks" by removing any genuine errors and misunderstandings due to presentation from the equation and make it easier to see and if appropriate take action on irregularities.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 18:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 93 of 198 in Discussion

Message 79 No it is definitely not confirmation that some wrong occurred during the Festival. It is unwise to accuse people of wrongdoing unless or until there is legal proof.

It is agreement that several things WENT WRONG during the Festival. Some of these at least were genuine mistakes from which lessons can be learned and it would be more constructive to do this for the benefit of all charities rather than damage innocent people. Apart from anything else the witch hunt here is no doubt preventing people who made such mistakes but did nothing criminal from owning up and stopping them confusing the issue.

For instance tickets were apparently destroyed ( certainly not by Cheshire Homes and probably not by Festival 11)- the only beneficiary of this was the VAT man! Most charities give blocks of people to third parties to sell should they stop the practice and if not how can they control it?

continued...............

"Buckets" were used for collection

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 19:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 94 of 198 in Discussion

There is no 'witch hunt' going on here at all.

I am amazed you call asking where money is being held, that should be in the CH coffers, and is not.

That is very strange indeed.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 19:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 95 of 198 in Discussion

Buckets were used for collection. This to my mind is the silliest thing of the the whole isssue, but I understand collectors for other charities regularly use them and at least one has now stopped the practice. How easy for the type of pickpocket who regularly attends such events! Once unknown in North Cyprus but sadly probably no longer,

I suspect this was without the knowledge and consent of Cheshire Homes because when they arrange collections direct they use specially designed locked boxes which are opened and counted in the presence of three people. How can a handful of volunteer with other responsibilities be expected to "police" such details.

Anyway anyone who has collected for a Charity knows that a large proportion of the contents of sch are items that are not legal tender. Apart from buttons and tokens foreign currency and small change. How many people looked good but actually put in a hand full of small coins You cant pay the electricity bill with 5k pieces

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 19:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 96 of 198 in Discussion

Re Message 65. Yesterday BL you were calling for this thread to be closed and accusing, yes accusing, others of posting on this thread to simply to keep this matter, much to your disgust, at the top of the forum list. Yes you come back on with long winded posts doing exactly that, Re message 76 !

And that's very strange too. I have also looked back on some of your old posts with 'Scruffdog' ( Richard Currie)

Hector

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 19:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 97 of 198 in Discussion

I have respectfully read what BizziLizzi and Groucho have had to say in defence of Cheshire Homes and it's conduct in relation to Festival 11. I note that they do not represent Cheshire Homes or claim to speak on their behalf.

Unfortunately the elephant in the room remains.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 19:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 98 of 198 in Discussion

Sorry message 93 should have read "block of tickets" not "blocks of people". !!!!! Show how badly I am distressed by the damage being done here. Oh for an edit facility?!

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 19:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 99 of 198 in Discussion

One person alone at Lambousa market put 600tl in a bucket passed around for CH. No not in coins or buttons but notes.....most of the buckets were filled with notes not coins and yet Tony E, the Festival 11 project manager and also on the Festival 11 'investigating sub committee' said on this forum said one entry on the' maybe forensically audited' accounts, on the line for the bucket collection amount said 'negligible'......

Are you trying to prove now BL that buckets were filled with buttons and tokens !!!!!

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 19:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 100 of 198 in Discussion

Yes Hector the elephant remains in the room and it call attention to the questions of why has CH still 6 months on not got the money raised for them and why have accounts not been released by the Festival 11 committee and why has the money given in good faith been used as a long term, interest free, loan paid back ( maybe ) in monthly installments.

Thats a pretty big elephant, however you try to paint it.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 19:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 101 of 198 in Discussion

Message 79 No it is definitely not confirmation that some wrong occurred during the Festival. It is unwise to accuse people of wrongdoing unless or until there is legal proof.

It is agreement that several things WENT WRONG during the Festival. Some of these at least were genuine mistakes from which lessons can be learned and it would be more constructive to do this for the benefit of all charities rather than damage innocent people. Apart from anything else the witch hunt here is no doubt preventing people who made such mistakes but did nothing criminal from owning up and stopping them confusing the issue.

For instance tickets were apparently destroyed ( certainly not by Cheshire Homes and probably not by Festival 11)- the only beneficiary of this was the VAT man! Most charities give blocks of people to third parties to sell should they stop the practice and if not how can they control it?

continued...............

"Buckets" were used for collection

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 19:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 102 of 198 in Discussion

May I remind everyone that it was CHESHIRE HOME in January , who pointed the finger at two people who were on the Festival 11 committee, in a press release, that came out of the blue, and that said that those two individuals were no longer allowed to collect money on behalf of CH with NO explanation at all only an admission that funds raised months before had not been forthcoming.

To now suggest that this is some sort of vendetta started on a forum is nonsense. At that point if CH had strong enough concerns to make such a damning statement about two individuals to the press, the police should have been called in by CH.

No ifs or buts.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 20:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 103 of 198 in Discussion

Msg 102,

Fully endorse your sentiments. This will not go away and quietly die away, however much some people desire it to.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 104 of 198 in Discussion

Funds were collected by Festival 11 committee and not passed on to CH 6 months after the event and FESTIVAL 11 not CH were responsible for these accounts. THIS is the problem. How much more clearly can this be posted ?

Constant posts defending CH, who I personally still feel are the innocent party to this, and trying to bring all other charities into question is a real disservice and only helps to cloud the real issue which is where this money has gone and only Festival 11 committee can answer that.

CH has no spokesperson and more is the pity, because well meaning, but ill judged posts are doing more damage than to CH than they can imagine.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 20:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 105 of 198 in Discussion

I have never knowingly corresponded with Richard Currie on these Boards nor was I aware that he used the name "Scruffdog" and I dont recall the latter. Could someone please tell me how I can access the posts concerned, so I am at least find out what I am now being accused of.

legaleagle

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 20:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 106 of 198 in Discussion

I understand from contacts in the UK that the head office of Cheshire Home Charity is about to launch an official investigation regarding the alleged mis appropriation of funds using the charities name and whoever responsible to be brought to justice although some funds have been received. I have offered them my help in persuing this to the end as their TRNC representitve due to the lack of positive response from those accused.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 20:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 107 of 198 in Discussion

Bizzi Lizzi if you want me to email you the link I will, as in it you use your real name and Richard Currie uses his. However you had better email me first and ask me, as you have threatened me with legal action previously if I replied to your last email to me!

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 20:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 108 of 198 in Discussion

Hi legaleagle. What do you mean by postive response ? Thanks D

tinker

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 20:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 109 of 198 in Discussion

BizziLizzi

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/46044.asp

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 21:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 110 of 198 in Discussion

Msg 106,

legaleagle,

An official investigation by Cheshire Home H.Q. would be very welcome but only, if it is rigorously pursued and transparent .

legaleagle

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 111 of 198 in Discussion

RadioAngel, firstly, whoever has threatened you with legal action is talking rubbish as there is,as yet, no established crime, although alleged, therefore accusations and "chitter chatter" on a public forum is not law abiding in any nation (recognised or not). My comment re "lack of positive response from those accused" means exactly that. There may be strong evidence that there has been mis placed funds under the Charities Banner which is deception in any language. Those who have been in control of such funds are all responsible for the consequences and if this should go to court either in the TRNC or UK the whole committee would have to answer to the accusations. I hope this helps to a certain degree.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 21:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 112 of 198 in Discussion

Thanks Legaleagle. In a first instance, at the very least, the official investigation will get to see the accounts. This will be important because it will be the first time anyone independent of the committee has actually seen these accounts. Because of the complete lack of transparency I fear that these accounts may show a bigger problem than has been previously thought.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 22:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 113 of 198 in Discussion

This lingering thread seems to be getting everyone absolutely nowhere!

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 22:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 114 of 198 in Discussion

Well it seems that there will now be an official investigation rather than the Festival 11 committee.....investigating the Festival 11 committee, which is getting somewhere I would have thought.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 22:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 115 of 198 in Discussion

Msg 112,

I really wish that I could share your optimism, that any official investigation will see the Full accounts and be privy to all the relevant information.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 22:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 116 of 198 in Discussion

Well I am sure Legaleagle will be able to point any investigating committee in the right direction. I am not sure what money has been actually so far given to CH.

Remember that we were not told about the installment plan by TonyE only given a figure in another attempt to obscure the facts.

It will be interesting to see what CH have actually received in total so far bearing in mind that there were still outstanding debts to be paid out of the final amount.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 22:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 117 of 198 in Discussion

Msg 116,

I'm sure that there will be many with their hand out, waiting to get "their" share. What a crowd of wasters.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 22:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 118 of 198 in Discussion

I don't think thats fair unless you misunderstood me. For instance after the figure was released there was still an unpaid printing bill at Magic touch. This is a legitimate bill and there are others. It wasn't just CH that was left out of pocket.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 22:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 119 of 198 in Discussion

msg 118,

I'm talking about the various "acts", agents etc who climb on board charity events, and take their share, money over and above legitimate expenses, and make a handsome profit, to boot. Some supporters of charity, these people are. It's all a charade for some. I totally accept that bills have to be paid for services rendered, and agreed to.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 23:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 120 of 198 in Discussion

Sorry I did misunderstand you.I think for instance Twin Management got there large fee upfront...there was no 6 month wait or installment plan for them.....and I still cant understand what they were actually paid for.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 23:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 121 of 198 in Discussion

Thanks Tinker.

I did not post on that thread. I have never seen the thread before. I was notevn a member of this forum at the time of the thread. I have never posted here under any name except "BizziLizzi" I hope the moderators can and will confirm that I was not a poster on that thread.

I consider this is ample evidence of Radio Angel's prejudice and lack of credibility.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 23:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 122 of 198 in Discussion

This is not a personal debate about you BL you do not seem to understand that.

That you question my credibility from you anonymous posting position and post insults and email and threaten legal action is just a smokescreen to deflect attention, but fortunately it has not worked. What you have done is do CH a huge disservice with you lack of judgement.

This thread is about the much needed funds that were due to be paid to the CH and were not. Who on earth do you think I am prejudiced against ?

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 23:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 123 of 198 in Discussion

Harold message 86. If that is the decision of the Moderators I will respect it even though I disagree , and will not dispute it as others have done.

However I would like to clarify that I consider that the damage is not just to impersonal Charities but is the risk to the health and well being of their vulnerable charges and the totally innocent people who work for them who have been put under intolerable strain by unfounded allegations and unconcionable demands. Also that a climate is being created that may actually pervert the course of justice and hamper any inpartial investigation as people as it could well be argued that comments made here are an attempt to influence public perceptions without adequate evidence..

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 23:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 124 of 198 in Discussion

I was not referring to the thread posted by Tinker and have no idea what that was related to or what point Tinker was trying to make.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 23:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 125 of 198 in Discussion

The information that influenced public opinion was a press release by CH in January . See post 102

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 23:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 126 of 198 in Discussion

legal eagle: TRNC representation of what, who are your poposing to represent and what are your qualifications to do so?

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 23:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 127 of 198 in Discussion

Msg 123,

You are in fact disputing, what you said you would not dispute. Stop the double talk, please.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 23:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 128 of 198 in Discussion

If someone asks for moderators to close a thread and then continues to post on it what does that mean ?

GinaC

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 23:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 129 of 198 in Discussion

MSG 123

Those that currently withhold donated funds for whatever reason or are paying them back monthly or have siphoned off funds along with those that are trying to SILENCE those that ask why are the ones doing the damage here.

I sense from your post that some may not be happy that Cheshire homes UK are now taking a real interest. Neither would I if I was in their shoes.

GinaC

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 23:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 130 of 198 in Discussion

MSG 126

You pose a question and expect an answer !!!

So do those that donated but do they get one ?

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
19/03/2012 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 131 of 198 in Discussion

msg 120.

I'm sure you are correct, Only Cheshire Home will be out of pocket, the others will have their pockets lined.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
20/03/2012 00:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 132 of 198 in Discussion

I would like to point out that there are other posters on here who are long term supporters and visitors to CH that I have met at the Home and have made themselves known to me by name, some recently. They do not share the views of a certain poster on this thread. So please do not think that one voice is representative of all those who have the CH best interests at heart

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
20/03/2012 16:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 133 of 198 in Discussion

Msg 133,

Yes, I would hope that all who have the interests of a Charity at heart, are not as blinkered as Bizzilizzi. The people who are asking for transparency, are the very ones who want the Cheshire Home to flourish as an institution.( Properly run charities provide a hugely valuable service and are very beneficial to many of those, in need.) Cheshire Home cannot however, continue to retain the trust and goodwill of it's supporters until it sorts out, the many problems associated with the goings on of the Festival 11 committee. This is self evident,in my opinion. They must come clean, get their heads out of the sand, and sort this out, once and for all.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
20/03/2012 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 134 of 198 in Discussion

At least it appears that there will be a genuine investigation now which can only be a positive for all concerned. This has been allowed to drag on because no one gave honest answers after CH had raised the alarm about the missing funds and publicly pointed the finger at members of Festival 11 without then offering a full explanation.

mel7348

Message Posted:
21/03/2012 19:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 135 of 198 in Discussion

I am a long time supporter and visitor to Cheshire Home , having attended several excellent fund raising lunches held on the premises. Dr Ali and his team will always help if requested. They have a mobility aids store and will loan out walking sticks, crutches, walking frames and wheelchairs for as long as they are needed. I had the loan of a walking frame until I bought one. No fee was requested, simply a donation will be appreciated. Over the years many people have been helped in this way and hopefully for many more. For the profoundly disabled people who attend Cheshire Home several days a week it provides both moral and social support. I find it sickening that money the public donated for the benefit of some of the most disadvantaged members of our society may have been mismanaged or worse!

ranger5

Message Posted:
21/03/2012 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 136 of 198 in Discussion

Angy, totally agree. How did they get away with it?

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
21/03/2012 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 137 of 198 in Discussion

The Festivai 11 committtee throughout acted with arrogance thinking they were not accountable to the public who gave that money they trusted would be going to CH

Read back over Elkiton, the Festival 11 project manager and head of his self-styled ' Festival 11 investigative sub committee ' posts on this forum.

But Festival 11 committee haven't got away with it, and the truth will come out.

ranger5

Message Posted:
21/03/2012 20:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 138 of 198 in Discussion

RadoAngel, thank you. Please don`t let it go away

legaleagle

Message Posted:
21/03/2012 20:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 139 of 198 in Discussion

RadioAngel rest assured that "they" havent got away with it. There will be a massive "shock" coming to those involved very soon as there is one avenue of legal prosecution they did not cover and I can assure you that they will be brought to justice and tried just as those in the UK who are guilty of "stealing" from their employers.

ranger5

Message Posted:
21/03/2012 20:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 140 of 198 in Discussion

Leagleagle, hope you are right, can`t belie

ve these people are still here and saying nothing

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
21/03/2012 20:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 141 of 198 in Discussion

msg 139,

Legaleagle,

Hope that you know something,the rest of us are unaware of !

clipper50

Message Posted:
21/03/2012 21:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 142 of 198 in Discussion

are they still living in the trnc or have they fled and done a runner ?

ranger5

Message Posted:
21/03/2012 21:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 143 of 198 in Discussion

Who knows?

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
21/03/2012 21:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 144 of 198 in Discussion

I have a good idea what Legaleagle is talking about. I am not being cryptic but I think certain processes are now in place to legally resolve this matter.

ranger5

Message Posted:
21/03/2012 21:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 145 of 198 in Discussion

RadioAngel, hope so maybe Festival 12 is being organised!!!!

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
21/03/2012 21:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 146 of 198 in Discussion

I have been told that 'they' (3) are still in TRNC believing they are not legally accountable for the Festival 11 missing funds

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
21/03/2012 21:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 147 of 198 in Discussion

msg 146,

I hope that they are in for rude awakening.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
21/03/2012 21:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 148 of 198 in Discussion

What I hope is that Cheshire Home gets the money it badly needs and that was raised for CH and 'lost ' by Festival 11 Committee....the amount of money we are talking about would make a HUGE difference to CH and the people who badly need the services it provides.

legaleagle

Message Posted:
22/03/2012 10:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 149 of 198 in Discussion

RadioAngel, one of their oversights (which is irreversible) is that they involves a management company trading from within the EU which opens many more avenues of prosecution.

legaleagle

Message Posted:
22/03/2012 10:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 150 of 198 in Discussion

sorry, obviously should read "involved" no excuses.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
22/03/2012 11:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 151 of 198 in Discussion

Also I believe UK ( EU) bank accounts may have been involved.

GinaC

Message Posted:
22/03/2012 23:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 152 of 198 in Discussion

When an investigation is now obviously in progress do you really think you will hear anything during the process

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
22/03/2012 23:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 153 of 198 in Discussion

Hi GinaC. We never heard anything BEFORE the investigation either....that was the problem !

Groucho

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 07:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 154 of 198 in Discussion

You must be deaf!

We've heard almost nothing else.... oh, apart from rumour, lie, gossip and character assassination by people basing such comments on hearsay - with no facts or proof to back up their contention.

Still never mind... remember.

'There's no smoke without fire'

But also bear in mind...

'It takes one to know one'

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 10:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 155 of 198 in Discussion

And bear in mind also: "No answer is also an answer".

Groucho

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 10:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 156 of 198 in Discussion

Yes Hans, also 'What goes around comes around'... I wish some of those pointing fingers without proof good luck in avoiding the same...

I struggle to comprehend the uncharitable stance of many a name caller and hope they get what's coming to them..

Clarissa2

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 157 of 198 in Discussion

Re: Msgs 154 & 156,

'There's no smoke without fire' 'It takes one to know one' 'What goes around comes around'

As you are so fond of aphorisms and sayings, it is the attitude of (paraphrasing Josef Stalin) "no accounts- no problem" which creates the real problem. One has to be deaf and blind not to know that in running a charity the ABSENCE of verifiable reconciled accounts, missing money and missing receipts DO constitute a financial crime.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 12:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 158 of 198 in Discussion

Hi Groucho

Please read message 102

.It was CHESHIRE HOME that pointed the finger at two individuals !

Money IS missing. No accounts have been published. Some of this money is to be paid back monthly. Why and from where ? Expenses receipts are missing told to us officially from Festival 11 committee....some 60,000 tl but a lot actually more than that

This is not' smoke without fire' it came from the 'horses mouth' to use your method of posting. Yes Groucho it does'take one to know one'.

And by that I mean an honest one!

Groucho

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 12:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 159 of 198 in Discussion

You may be right... you may be wrong... if you are wrong, ever think about what damage you do to someone's health? I bet you do......

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 13:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 160 of 198 in Discussion

Do you mean if Cheshire Home is wrong Groucho ? Can you please tell me whose health you are alluding to ? Or are you talking about those who use CH who have been denied funds that many people gave to be used for THEİR good ?

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 13:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 161 of 198 in Discussion

Hi Clarissa. Yes the facts are there, as published by Festival 11 and CH.

No accounts available, money missing, receipts missing. Fact , fact and yes yet again fact.

This is not speculation as some would, for whatever reason, like to pretend it is.

Groucho

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 13:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 162 of 198 in Discussion

"Do you mean if Cheshire Home is wrong Groucho ? Can you please tell me whose health you are alluding to ? Or are you talking about those who use CH who have been denied funds that many people gave to be used for THEİR good ?"

Cheshire Homes are not able to account for all the funds they believe they should have... That I believe is true. Those that organised it made mistakes... That I believe is true.

It's unfair to make accusations against individuals without proof.. CH (I think regrettably at that stage) named individuals who could not satisfy them as to how come the funds 'appeared light'. That I believe is true. BUT I don't I believe they have not accused them of anything more than ineptitude.

One of them feels personally responsible enough to make recompense from his own pocket... not an admission of guilt, merely recognition of responsibility of the post as organiser. That I believe is true.

So a campaign of vitriol ensues... does it actually help?

Groucho

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 13:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 163 of 198 in Discussion

correction:- BUT I don't I believe they have accused them of anything more than ineptitude.

ranger5

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 14:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 164 of 198 in Discussion

Groucho, you can defend the organisers of F11 as long as you like, but a lot of money is missing.

Ineptitude doesn`t cover it I`m afraid

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 14:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 165 of 198 in Discussion

Groucho where is the 'vitriol' in asking where funds are being held that should have been paiid to CH 6 months ago ? Or why accounts have not been published ?

The 'vitriol' ( post 159 ) seems to be in the hands of those who are, for whatever reason, trying to deflect the attention away from the fact that am explanation of the whereabouts of money not been paid to CH is still not forthcoming.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 14:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 166 of 198 in Discussion

Ranger 5 agreed.

At the lowest amount the figure is 60 000 tl 2

24,100 POUNDS STERLING !

It takes a hell of a lot of 'ineptitude' to lose that amount of money.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 14:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 167 of 198 in Discussion

Msg 166,

And it will take at least 2 years to reimburse this sum to Cheshire Home,at £1000 a month. A great interest free "loan" for someone !

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 15:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 168 of 198 in Discussion

EamonnMc unfortunately it will take a lot longer than that.

Although 60 000 tl is 'unaccounted for' only 18 000 tl has been agreed to be paid back at 1000 TURKISH LIRA a month !

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 15:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 169 of 198 in Discussion

So an even better deal on a 60 000 tl interest free loan........

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 15:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 170 of 198 in Discussion

Some people seem to specialize in getting large sums of money,from others, and either not paying it back, or doing so on their own terms. As usual, innocent people lose out and are at a loss.

Hector

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 17:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 171 of 198 in Discussion

Do we know whether Cheshire Homes HQ UK are going to investigate this? If the CH in the TRNC is part of the international organisation, based in the UK, then should the UK Charity Commissioners be informed?

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 172 of 198 in Discussion

Msg 171,

Hector,

They are indeed investigating. I, and several others,have made official complaints about this situation to the Cheshire Home H.Q. and anxiously await the result of their deliberations. The sooner this whole matter is brought to a conclusion that is both just and thorough, the better.

yenibob

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 18:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 173 of 198 in Discussion

What will all of these massive egos do when this matter is resolved? How will they get to feel better than everyone else? It is a real worry....I lie awake at night terrified I may have to resort to amateur hour on Bayrak.

Hector

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 18:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 174 of 198 in Discussion

Pot calling the kettle black springs to mind..

legaleagle

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 18:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 175 of 198 in Discussion

I have a meeting with Girne Fraud department on Monday with names of people involved in this alleged fraud and will expect arrests to be in place within the next 14 days. It is unusual practice to publicly state what is happening in this case (on a public forum) but it has been successful to the fact that the people concerned have been watching this thread and others relating to this subject , and, in most cases have admitted their involvement even by allowing spouses and associates to check on proceedings for them. It is all logged by the fateful trap "the computer" which has captured so many in the recent past.

yenibob

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 176 of 198 in Discussion

"Pot calling the kettle black springs to mind.."

Only fair to give you the chance to expand?

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 19:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 177 of 198 in Discussion

Msg 176, Yenibob,

Please keep to the subject matter and do not try to hijack the thread.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 178 of 198 in Discussion

I know of one person that was on Festival 11 committee who has posted on here as another identity. If legaleagle would like to email me and I will pass on the information.

yenibob

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 179 of 198 in Discussion

No Hijacking going on. I think you mean "Please stick to the theme of making people feel clever, and never mind fair play".

You do not get to decide what people think, and most people I speak to do not like witch hunts!

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 19:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 180 of 198 in Discussion

radioangel@hotmail.co.uk

yenibob

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 19:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 181 of 198 in Discussion

"know of one person that was on Festival 11 committee who has posted on here as another identity. If legaleagle would like to email me and I will pass on the information."

The gutter gets closer by the day.

legaleagle

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 19:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 182 of 198 in Discussion

All information regarding identities has been made available by the forum admin thank you for your good intentions.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 19:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 183 of 198 in Discussion

Msg 179,

No witch hunt here, yenibob, just a quest for the truth. Most people I speak to, want a comprehensive answer to their concerns and full accountability for the cash that they handed over, in an effort to support a worthy Charity. That's fair play ! Only the guilty fear the truth.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 184 of 198 in Discussion

❍ msg 182, Legaleagle: (...) All information regarding identities has been made available by the forum admin thank you for your good intentions. (...)

▶ "Made available" to you? I find that very hard to believe. The one and only forum admin is Izzet Zorlu and I doubt very much that he would do such a thing. If you mean to have obtained such information from one of the forum moderators - also hard to believe. If I were in their shoes I'd ask you here to expose the culprit.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 185 of 198 in Discussion

Hi Hector

Re message 171

This is the person dealing with the matter in the UK

''We will be starting this process as soon as possible and we will keep you informed of the progress. Once we have the results, we will share these with all concerned.''

Georgina Gaskell

International Department Administrator

Leonard Cheshire Disability

Telephone: 0203 242 0223

E-mail: georgina.gaskell@LCDisability.org

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 19:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 186 of 198 in Discussion

Anyone can make a personal attack on me because I use my own name and email........unlike some.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 19:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 187 of 198 in Discussion

Hi DC

Re message 182. If the police request this information it is normally given.

legaleagle

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 188 of 198 in Discussion

Message 184 quite correct. neither hard to believe and not made known directly to me. unfortunately I cannot comment any further.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 19:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 189 of 198 in Discussion

☛ msg ①⑧⑦, RadioAngel: (...) If the police request this information it is normally given. (...)

▶ That may be so (in TRNC), but Legaleagle is a "retired Barrister" (profile) and has not advertised himself here as a private eye. But we'll see.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 19:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 190 of 198 in Discussion

Seems that,at last, substantial progress is being made in getting to the bottom of this matter. Not before time.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 19:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 191 of 198 in Discussion

Re message 189 maybe the request came via the UK...

legaleagle

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 192 of 198 in Discussion

EamonnMc retired I might be. My severly physically handicapped daughter was fastidiously cared for by Cheshire Home Org in the UK in Berkshire and I definately owe them every minute of my remaining days ! they were even at her side with me as she passed away, and if any wrong doing has deprived them from much needed funds I will personally not rest until the persons responsible are punished.

EamonnMc

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 20:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 193 of 198 in Discussion

Msg 192,

Legaleagle,

Your post reinforces the reasons why the affairs, of this most worthy charity, must not be tainted by the smell of corruption. I salute your zeal and because of the care given to your late daughter, RIP, acknowledge and understand, your commitment to the truth.

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 20:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 194 of 198 in Discussion

Lets hope that this is brought to a speedy conclusion and that Cheshire Home gets the funds that were raised in their name .

GinaC

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 21:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 195 of 198 in Discussion

legaleagle

Respect and pleased you are fighting for the truth and condolences regarding your daughter.

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 21:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 196 of 198 in Discussion

We have been away for a business trip to the UK.for a short time so have not been on the Forum.

Would just like to say well done to you Guys and Gals for keeping this sensible on track and not letting it drop.

Radio Angel message 194 that would be the ideal outcome but is the money still here in TRNC ?

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 22:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 197 of 198 in Discussion

Legaleagle Thank you for sharing that personal and very sad story. I hope you enjoy your retirement in North Cyprus and have a happy and peaceful life here. Denise

RadioAngel

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 00:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 198 of 198 in Discussion

http://www.cyprus44.com/events/4653.asp

' All proceeds to Cheshire Homes' as costs sponsored., organized for Richard Currie by Francine Ash.

See link above.

Festival 11 accounts independently audited by Graham Ash, Francine Ash husband..

So how much did these concerts raise ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.