North Cyprus Tourist Board - Don't ignore a dog crying please - in a swimming pool half the night
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Don't ignore a dog crying please - in a swimming pool half the night

Don't ignore a dog crying please - in a swimming pool half the night

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

» See all North Cyprus Swimming Pool threads posted so far

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 09:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

I felt so bad this morning when we got up at 6.30 - we had heard a dog crying, then really - almost screaming from about 3.30am.

The dog had fallen into the same swimming pool from which we had rescued another dog earlier this year!

He was so frightened. Why didn't we get up and investigate? Feel so guilty for not doing so.

Anyway, we got him out and he, like the other one, cowered down and licked my husbands hands before running off.

This dog is a dark grey brindle with a white flash on his chest. I am sure he was dumped in this area two weeks ago (just when we were searching for Snob the Peke). He never leaves the area, I think he is waiting for his owner to come back for him.

Tried to get him to come with me so could feed him but he was so traumatised he ran off.

I will never ignore that sound again.

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 10:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Just wondered if I should start a new thread, perhaps this dog is just lost, there could be someone looking for him, no collar, no KAR tag but 2 weeks ago looked well fed and cared for. Not in such good condition now but absolutely terrified of humans.

What do other |Forum members think?

Amber

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 10:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Oh the poor thing. Not seen any postings on here saying someone has lost a dog like this. I bet its just another one of many that has been abandoned. Hope its ok after last night.

BizziLizzi

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 11:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Message 2. Its probably abandoned but just in case it cant do any harm to put it description on a thread (except possibly annoy some people who have nothing better to do than carp.) As we know if only from Snob sometimes loved and cared for dogs stray and collars come adrift. And check with KAR - at least they can check if it is recorded as missing.

Cant you do anything about getting the owners of the pool to make it safe? Its trite, but next time it could be a child or an infirm/elderly person who falls in. You cant be expected to investigate every odd noise in the night, so dont blame yourself.

BoTanica

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 11:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

If he has been dumped then hopefully he will meet up with some other dogs and be allowed in their pack. Dogs do not do well on their own. Poor thing, must be wondering what the hell is going on.

davpat

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 11:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Was the pool empty of water?

David

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

davpat

With the amount of rain we have had lately anyone that has emptied their pool will find that their pool is not quite so empty now.

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 12:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

This house has never been lived in. The owner is just an investor living in the UK. It is emptied by us every late Spring (submersible pump) and the water used for the garden. We get 2 benefits then, less mozzies and a garden watered.

No children go into this property. The dogs however, jump the walls.

There is at least a metre in it now so that is one lucky dog, thank goodness he was young - 2 - 3 years old at a guess. An older dog would have died I am sure.

Going out this pm with food. I know where he lies and waits for his owner to return, or someone to find him.

deputydawg

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 12:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Sue, is it time to place a wide and long plank across the pool wedged at one side of the bottom with some heavy rocks and angling up to the pool surrounds on the other side held in place there by further rocks ? Hopefully it will not be stolen if children do not enter the area. When building ponds I always include a rock slope so that hedgehogs and other wildlife that fall in have a means of escape. I once had to use this facility myself when I slipped into a 6 ft deep Koi pond, wearing pin stripe suit and carrying a briefcase but that is no surprise is it. The microwave oven did for my mobile when I tried to dry it out. I have a submersible pump fitted with a long hose if you need to borrow one. xx

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 13:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Brian, got a pump thanks.

Wonder if anyone could let me have a couple of planks - that's a brilliant idea.

The poor dog was bleeding underneath both his front legs through trying to scrabble up and out. I think your idea would work.

deputydawg

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 16:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

2 pumps quicker than 1. Free delivery ! How is Howard doing prostrate on the bathroom floor playing with the power tool ? Unplaned planks are as cheap as chips. What width and depth is the pool ?

Smity

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

WE have 2 dogs on a Alsatian The other a Heinz 57, the regular jump in the deep end swim to the shallow end and calmly walk out by the steps, have a good old shake then toddle off

Whats so funny is the Heinz 57 goes first ,then the big guy follows every time

Hope to lighten the post

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
14/03/2012 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

No Roman end in this pool, wish there was, feel like blowing the bloody thing up!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.