North Cyprus Tourist Board - KIBTEC stinging residents once again
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > KIBTEC stinging residents once again

KIBTEC stinging residents once again

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

fireball

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 17:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 21 in Discussion

I would like to challenge KIBTEK to explain how they vary their tariff on a monthly basis. Each month the amount of units allowed at cheaper tariff varies. Being skeptical to say the least, this allows them to overcharge at their discretion.

If any KIBTEK rep had the bottle, they would ensure the money owed by government and Belediye throughout TRNC was forthcoming rather than overcharging ( cheating)residents.

I know that this honest and correct procedure cannot be expected from a nation of Institutionally corrupt people.

tarry67

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 17:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 21 in Discussion

If you check back on this site in the search box above, it explains the reason for the different tariffs.

Its do to with the number of days that have passed since your last bill I believe.

yenibob

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 21 in Discussion

The unit price does not tend to change, but the number of days since the last meter reading does.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 17:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 21 in Discussion

@ msg 1, Fireball: (...) I know that this honest and correct procedure cannot be expected from a nation of Institutionally corrupt people. (...)

▶ It has nothing to do with your "facts" based on and given from your ignorance and stupidity. If you had asked a question in a normal way I would have uploaded a scan from an electricity bill with an explanation of all the (different) tariffs. But after your insulting post - why would I bother.

Harold2555

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 17:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 21 in Discussion

Hans

None of us pretend that everything is perfect here but we could explain when misconceptions arise so at least the perceived inequities that don't exist can be laid to rest. Depending on your beliefs perhaps the reward will be in another life or in the comfort of knowing you have aided your fellow man and the community that we love!

However the answer is given in posts two and three

Harold

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 21 in Discussion

Harold, I didn't read post 2 and 3 when I was typing and looking up an explaining graphic (which I later decided not to upload - I don't like the tone of post # 1 at all).

I find this line in post # 1 "I know that this honest and correct procedure cannot be expected from a nation of Institutionally corrupt people." utterly insulting for most of the Cypriot Turks I know and an example of so many other biased posts on this board.

But feel free to disagree.

Pugwash

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 18:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 21 in Discussion

Harold I have to agree with Hans here, the question could easily have been asked without the words cheating and institutionally corrupt being used, the answers as pointed out are well known, it is easy to get cynical here especially if you have been cheated in other areas but many things do have a rational explanation.

tomsteel

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 18:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 21 in Discussion

Msg 1 - wow, you certainly sounded off there and even more striking was the fact your underlying theme was incorrect. Msg 4 - DC publish and be damned, it may just help to calm Msg 1's fears and you are a helpful poster. As an aside, my bills are much higher this year and I am trying to economise - such is life.

karakum5c

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 18:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 21 in Discussion

shit happens everywhere

the whole worlds against me

chill out

pass me that joint someone........................................

Harold2555

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 18:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 21 in Discussion

Hans

I agree about the tone of message one, my point being that it is of course open to us all to rise above this and give a lead,

Harold

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 19:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 21 in Discussion

@ msg 8, Tomsteel: I've emailed you with an attachment: ""It's just 'simple math', says Kib-Tec" - How your electricity bill is broken down." The figures are different now but the system of counting has not changed.

deputydawg

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 20:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 21 in Discussion

It may be that it is possible to follow the unecessary complexities of the billing and pricing of electricity but it still infuriates me that if you use enough electricity here to enjoy a reasonable lifetstyle you are financially punished by a system which charges more per unit as domestic usage increases and your custom is not recognised. This forces many to economise with the use of air conditioning etc and run swimming pool pumps at levels of filtration which are inadequate for healthy bathing. Conversely, government and municipalities etc, increasingly use high levels of electricity but write off their debts each year with the shortfall of income to Kitek to be made up by domestic users by way of increases to standing charges and regular across the board huge price increases. Little wonder that the majority of Cypriots need to be civil servants to survive.

Smity

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 20:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 21 in Discussion

Fireball

sorry but a Bit OTT

basil

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 20:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 21 in Discussion

deputydawg, post 12 -

You apparently hail from a place where discount is offered for higher users of electricity; and expect it to be the same here in TRNC. Why?

Over here there is a very finite amount of generating capacity, and increasing that by building another power station, or tacking on another generator to an existing plant will be disproportionately more expensive than (for instance) the UK, where a larger population can bear the subsidy or 'bung' to the builder.

Over here, there are limited fuel sources to power our generators, and you are perhaps aware that the cost of oil has been rising over the last few years.

It's all very green and eco-minded in an accidental way - waste more electricity and you get penalised; use the same as average citizens and you don't. Your choice - a free market thingy for all you Daily Mail readers!

chr1ch

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 21:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 21 in Discussion

To add to message 14's sentiments

Get solar panels!

I have just bought in TRNC and am busy filling it with electric gadgets which are solar powered. So at least in summer or on the brighter days I am not charging loads of gadgets or powering laptops etc.

I want to end up only powering a fridge, washing machine and lights.

I imagine I will be surprised by the electricity prices also. So am going to look into solar power, maybe backed up by a generator.

And if I get over to TRNC only to find my property disconnected by the electricity company then they can stuff it! Solar will come quicker to my house I'll not be bullied into anything.

Chris

fireball

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 22:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 21 in Discussion

Re mess 4

You have a nerve based on your coloured past. Ignorance and biased based infor would appear to be your forty.

bertieboss

Message Posted:
16/03/2012 02:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 21 in Discussion

Any brit should know all about institutional corruption !!

deputydawg

Message Posted:
16/03/2012 08:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 21 in Discussion

Basil. I never mentioned discounts. I have no problem with penalties for those who wastefully use electricity. The point I obviously did not make very well is that the increased tarrifs kick in even with moderate usage for domestic users whilst those employed within "the system" use excessive amounts and have their bills written off. The income lost appears to be recovered by price increases to domestic consumers.

basil

Message Posted:
16/03/2012 09:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 21 in Discussion

deputydawg post 18 -

Given global rises in the price of oil imports and our obvious lack of alternate power sources for generating electricity (no rivers means no hydro, no coal, insignificant tides, perhaps steering clear of nukes and noisy windfarms is a good thing ... )

With that focus, I fail to see why you attribute an upward drift in monthly bills to wasteful commercial users or individuals.

The problem of customers failing to pay is hardly unique to TRNC either.

You consider running multiple aircon while a large and luxurious pool gurgles away in the garden to be 'moderate usage' and I would contend that it's for the affluent minority; I fear we may not reach consensus.

Finally, whether you regard the 'basic' price for domestic users to be the benchmark, or see it as a discount to encourage moderate consumption is also a matter of perspective. Kibtec are not the only group with a say in how charges are set - behind them is the state, and that of course means polit

deputydawg

Message Posted:
16/03/2012 10:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 21 in Discussion

I have 3 small aircon units in bedrooms only and run 1 for one hour only prior to bedtime for just 3 months of the year as it is too expensive. I use an alternative to chlorine in the pool with a minimal amount of pump usage. Government employees now tend to sit in offices with very large aircon units blowing non stop. Where is the affluence ? We will not reach consensus as I believe it should be possible for Kibtec to produce affordable electricity for the masses if the state did not want their share cheap or free.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
16/03/2012 11:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 21 in Discussion

@ msg 16, Fireball: (...) You have a nerve based on your coloured past. Ignorance and biased based infor would appear to be your forty. (...)

▶ What is that supposed to mean..?! And what has it got to do with your disgraceful insult of a whole country and the whole Cypriot Turkish population (your msg 1)?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.