North Cyprus Tourist Board - Drunken Liverpool fans who caused Hillsborough disaster
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Drunken Liverpool fans who caused Hillsborough disaster

Drunken Liverpool fans who caused Hillsborough disaster

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Swimming Pool threads posted so far

Barking

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 18:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2115137753

According to the letter, the Merseyside chief constable said: "A key factor in causing the disaster was the fact that large numbers of Liverpool fans had turned up without tickets.

"This was getting lost sight of in attempts to blame the police, the football authorities, etc."

The prime minister was informed that a senior member of the Merseyside Police directly blamed supporters: "One officer, born and bred in Liverpool, said that he was deeply ashamed to say that it was drunken Liverpool fans who had caused this disaster, just as they had caused the deaths at Heysel."

This officer is not named.

yenibob

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 19:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

And the point of this post is? Almost everybody involved is dead now....So how does this add to the sum of human knowledge?

Major enquiries have determined the cause of the disaster, this is just the initial thoughts of people who got it wrong "immediately" after the event.

Smity

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 19:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

I was there on that terrible day as not unfolded, the day started out as a good fun filled day, I was extremely lucky to be on the Home cop terrace and the scenes I witnessed that day will stay with me till I die

I got the ticket from my Brother in Law who was on duty that day, he had to pull people from the stand some alive 2 were not , he suffered terribly with guilt and still does.

Speculation is all that this is, the fact remains to many people were crammed into too little space and something had to give, for the sake of those that are left and are luck to still be here " LET IT GO'

Msg 2

I was 30 years old when this happened and am far from dead

RIP god bless

yenibob

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 20:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Apologies Smity, I of course meant the people slated in the report and not the victims caught up in the disaster.

Smity

Message Posted:
15/03/2012 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Apology excepted

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.