North Cyprus Tourist Board - Auditions for this year's Anglo Cypriot Theatre's summer production
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Auditions for this year's Anglo Cypriot Theatre's summer production

Auditions for this year's Anglo Cypriot Theatre's summer production

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Crumpy

Message Posted:
16/03/2012 10:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

A south-side friend of mine sent me an email with information about the following production:

Auditions for the ACT (Anglo Cypriot Theatre) summer production of "The Rivals" will be held at St Paul’s Cathedral Hall, Byron Avenue, Nicosia on Saturday, 17 March 2012 starting at 2.30pm

I am aware that only those of us living in Nicosia/Lefkosa could feasibly attend rehearsals, but all the same, amongst that handful there might be one keen thespian out there.

Quoting further from the flyer "The Rivals by Richard Sheridan ... is a comedy of manners, satirising sentimentalism and sophisticated pretensions."

"Rehearsals will start mid April, with the play being performed as a dinner theatre from 13-16 June in the grounds of St Paul’s Cathedral."

In any case, have a pleasant weekend.

Crumpy

Message Posted:
16/03/2012 14:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

If you require more information, then contact the director, Mike Baulch, on 99457882.

Marion

Message Posted:
16/03/2012 18:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

always fancied the part of Mrs malaprop (my daughter used to be guilty of a similar thing), but as you say, Crumpy, the geography is difficult for some of us, but they are a great group. Pretty professional and their productions are excellent.

I would urge anyone who feels they can cope with crossing the border several times a week for rehearsals to have a go. I just wish I could.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.