North Cyprus Tourist Board - Water pressure pump kicking in
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Water pressure pump kicking in

Water pressure pump kicking in

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

librarian

Message Posted:
20/03/2012 10:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Advice please. My pressure pump is coming on every 10 minutes and runs for about 5 secs. I've turned off the water supply to the toilets and the pump behaves itself. Done the tissue test and put tissues around the toilet bowls and they all stay dry. I switch on the downstairs toilets and everything is okay but once I switch on the upstairs loo the pump starts to come on again. Cleaned everything and dried everything, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

pc4854

Message Posted:
20/03/2012 11:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Sounds like a leak somewhere in your upstairs bathroom. with water turned off, check the supply pipe to the toilet, remove the tap on the wall and check it is dry there too and reseal with PTF tape. Also do the same for bath and basin taps. Might help you.

librarian

Message Posted:
20/03/2012 11:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Thanks for that. Will investigate further.

keithcaley

Message Posted:
20/03/2012 11:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

For what it's worth...

It sounds to me like the Ball-cock (float valve) in the upstairs toilet may be not closing properly, allowing a very slight flow into the cistern.

If the water level in the cistern is a fair way below the inlet to the overflow pipe, then a tiny 'dribble' may not be enough to cause water to rise sufficiently to overflow into the toilet bowl, before the next time that the toilet is flushed - so the test tissue would remain dry, but the steady drop in pressure could be enough to activate the pump.

It could be just a piece of grit in the valve, which cranking up & down could cure, but the usual cause is limescale - you can dismantle the valve, clean (using vinegar) & re-assemble if you are careful - DON'T drop any parts down the toilet!

As the problem does not re-appear until the upstairs toilet tap is turned back on, I would be reluctant to interfere with the wall tap, or the bath / basin taps without further information.

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
20/03/2012 11:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Keith's advice is spot on.

rolly

Message Posted:
20/03/2012 19:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

i found when i had the same trouble it was the pipe connected to the tap to the washer upstairs. just another idea if you have a clothes washer.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.