North Cyprus Tourist Board - Agrotuoursim development in North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Agrotuoursim development in North Cyprus

Agrotuoursim development in North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

Martinka

Message Posted:
20/03/2012 18:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Hi everybody! How are you?

I'm an italian student living in London at the moment!

I'm writing my dissertation about the development of agritourism in North Cyprus but unfortunately it is not easy to find information on the web.

I need some help in order to find interesting links on the web and try to contact owners and managers of local businesses in the sector in order to organize my stay and have more information.

Can you help me?

Thank you in advance!

Cherry

Message Posted:
20/03/2012 18:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Martinka try http://www.ecotourismcyprus.org/

joandjelly

Message Posted:
20/03/2012 19:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

I would recommend you contact Tugberk Emizade (pronounced Tooberk), a young Turkish Cypriot, who owns and runs Agama Outdoor. This is his website http://www.agamaoutdoor.com/index.htm where you will find all his contact details. He is fluent in English and is very knowledgeable/passionate about this kind of thing.

Ed1957

Message Posted:
20/03/2012 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

what exactly is agro/agri tourism?

rejela

Message Posted:
20/03/2012 22:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

There is an organic farm which is located in Yesilirmak, aimed at the tourist trade. I will try to get you the details. It has recently opened and offers accomodation for tourists.

Marion

Message Posted:
20/03/2012 22:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Try contacting delcraft in Buyukkonuk, - see http://www.delcraft.com and there are several holiday places on the Karpaz which are part of the agri tourism drive. Just search accommodation in theKarpaz and I am sure you will find a lot of interesting contacts.

By the way, it is 'agri' tourism, but one appreciates that currently there is a lot of 'agro' tourism around too.

Interesting that when I was teaching inItaly, I was part of one of the first teachers in an EU funded course on agri tourism. Da dove siete, Marta, in italia? Sto stato a Lod, una piccolo posto fuore di Milano. Buona fortuna.

rejela

Message Posted:
20/03/2012 22:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

try this link. http://www.cyprusorganicfarm.com

Erson Hocanın Organik Çiftliği..

Martinka

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 00:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Hi everybody!

Sorry if I didn't get back to you earlier!

Thank you very much to all of you for your help!!!!!

You are AMAZING!!!

I will visit all the suggested links and I'll be happy to share with you all the new info that I will get during my research!

Have a nice evening!

Martinka

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 00:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Rejela!

Thank you very much for that link...it is very interesting and I will definitely visit the village during my next stay in Cyprus!

Martinka

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 00:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Thank you very much Cherry and Joandjelly and Marion!

All your links are very useful and also because of you my research will be successful!

Ed1957: We can defined as agritourism all those agriculturally based activities that involve tourists and visitors.

To Marion: My research will include as well some information about the development of agritourism in Sardinia...that's where I come from! have you ever been there? Milano é bellissima ma la Sardegna é ancora piú bella! Per quanto tempo hai vissuto in Italia?

Pogle

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 09:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Marta

We stayed at a lovely Agritourism farm near Alghero 10 years ago and will never forget the breathtaking scenery of Sardinia. http://en.letregrazie.it/index.aspx . What a beautiful Island!

Good luck with your research!

Martinka

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 15:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Melanie,

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in my beautiful island! :D

I've been living in London for 5 years now, and when I visited Cyprus last time I was so excited because I got the feeling that the 2 islands are so similar even if the culture is different.

I hope I will manage to write down a good dissertation!

Have a nice day!

Marion

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Buona fortuna! Io - ho visssuto in italia venti anni fa! Tanto tempo. Ho quasi dimenticata la bella lingua italiana. Non ho visto Sardinia, ma chi sa, - un giorno forse. Mi piacerebbe questo.

for now, this Londoner is living in Cyprus, and is happy to help all I can and look forward to hearing how it goes. Give my love to London When you come back to Cyprus, let me know and I can buy you a coffee. Not quite Italian style, but you can get a good '#americano'. Auguri!

Martinka

Message Posted:
28/03/2012 04:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Ciao Marion! Il tuo italiano é ottimo!!! Se un giorno volessi andare in Sardegna ti posso dare qualche consiglio su dove andare e dove alloggiare!

I'm a bit stressed about my dissertation because I've been writing to some people working in the sector but I didn't get any reply yet...I hope they will write to me asap in order to organize my visit to Cyprus!

I don't know yet where I will book the accommodation once in Cyprus, because I'm coming there with my boyfriend and he does't have a passport but only italian ID, that means that we won't be able to fly directly to the north side.I red on the web that when tourists arrive from the south side they can only have a one day pass to the north, so I think that we will have to go in and out of the north day by day.

Anyway...Cyprus is not too big and I'm sure we will find a way to meet up when I'll be there ad if the coffee is not that good we can have an ENGLISH TEA! :D

thank you very much for your support!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.