North Cyprus Tourist Board - North Cyprus Import licence application
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > North Cyprus Import licence application

North Cyprus Import licence application

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

spudlov

Message Posted:
23/03/2012 23:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Hi all,

I applied for an import licence for my cat at the end of February and have still not heard anything back. I'm due to move out to Cyprus in the next week or two and am worried I won't be able to bring my cat with me. Does anybody know if it's possible to bring the cat anyway and sort the licence out when we arrive here? I would probably fly to Larnaca with her as it's just the one flight, so less stressful.

Any advice would be very welcome,

cheers

Lor49

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 07:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

I am not that clued up on the rules and regs, but I am almost sure that you cant bring a pet first and then sort out the licence. Have you had a look at KAR's website, perhaps there is information there.

Lor

keithcaley

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 07:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Good advice Lor49,

The info is all on the KAR site, and when you've read it all, ring KAR and speak to them as well.

Have you sorted out your export licence with DEFRA in the UK? - All the paperwork?

Cat all inoculated against Rabies etc. in accordance with the time-frame stipulated?

I think that you will probably need to ring the TRNC Vetinary dept and speak to them if you haven't heard from them.

Also, if you have'nt arranged a flight yet, you need to do so, into ERCAN, because you can't bring animals across the Green Line - not unless you want to risk being deported, and the animal being put down!

You will probably need to ring the airline every day to ensure that the aircraft WILL have a pressurised hold - they often change aircraft at short notice and don't tell anyone! - and check what size pet carrier they specify.

We found that there was more stress and paperwork involved in bringing two cats than bringing us and our belongings in a 40 foot container!

Good luck

Lor49

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 07:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Kieth is this true - "because you can't bring animals across the Green Line - not unless you want to risk being deported, and the animal being put down!

My information from my vet here in Qatar and a member on 44 who is helping me, is that I can bring my pets with me across the line. I cant get them from Qatar to TRNC unless I bring them into LCA. None of the aircraft used are the correct types, for the cat I can, as he can travel in the cabin, but my dog will be in the hold, and as you state not all aircraft are pressurised in the hold, my other problem is that my dog is a snub nose and not all carriers will carry her. I thought the ruling was that you cant go from TRNC to the south with pets.

Lor

keithcaley

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 08:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Lor49,

I've emailed you...

kyreniakate

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 09:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Hi all,

decided on my bank account, found somewhere to live, next big step organising two dogs to come over (I don't have anyone in UK to have them) and possibly old cat, depending on her health. Dogs have passports, am looking to come out at beginning of May so realise I need to act quickly on dogs transportation, have read above posts, any more info would be much appreciated. Spudlov let me know how you get on with import licence, I have downloaded form for licence from KAR website.

keithcaley

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 09:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Lor49,

The email that I sent to you 'bounced back' - could you email me? - keithcaley@yahoo.com

Lor49

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 09:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Kieth I have mailed you. I have just been on the KAR site and read this info. "Due to these restrictions having been put in place an agreement has been reached that animals can be flown into Larnaca Airport in South Cyprus and be met at the North/South border by prior arrangement with the TRNC Government Vet Dept.

An approximate idea of costs are as follows:-

Larnaca Airport 27 Euro per animal ( eg costs for Cyprus Airways)

Larnaca Airport – Customs – 97 Euro per animal

TRNC Gov Vet Dept – 100 TL per animal

Lor

keithcaley

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 12:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Lor49,

That's GREAT news!

It will make things so much simpler for so many people.

I'm obviously well out of date on this situation, & I apologise for frightening anyone

Hope everything goes well for you, and for spudlov & kyreniakate

Best regards to all,

Keith.

Lor49

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 14:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Thanks a lot Keith.

spudlov

Message Posted:
25/03/2012 00:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Thanks for all the replies guys,

I read on the KAR site about the relaxation of the rules regarding Larnaca. I phoned the TRNC Vet Dept but got an automated response in Turkish which I couldn't understand. This was on Friday afternoon, so I will try again on Monday morning and hopefully get to speak to somebody. I'll keep you all posted on how I get on.

Regards,

Spud

spudlov

Message Posted:
25/03/2012 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Keith,

The cat has all her vaccinations but I haven't sorted anything with DEFRA yet as I wanted my import licence from TRNC first. I thought I would need agreement of acceptance of importation to show at this end.

My ex wife has agreed to look after the cat until I find a solution so this eases the pressure considerably.

Regards,

Spud

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.