North Cyprus Tourist Board - There is NO Hed Kandi / MOS or GU events in North Cyprus as advertised
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > There is NO Hed Kandi / MOS or GU events in North Cyprus as advertised

There is NO Hed Kandi / MOS or GU events in North Cyprus as advertised

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See Up and Comings Events in TRNC on North Cyprus Events Calendar

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

redseadance

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 19:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

It is a sad fact that small venues and nobody DJs declare they are part of a Brand, or use a Brand name to benefit themselves - The event at the Almond Lounge Tonight (Sat 24th March) is NOT Hed Kandi as advertised and nor is the DJ Mark Sparks a resident or even part of Hed Kandi / Ministry of Sound.

What DJs / Venues like this dont realize is IF you are UK Based - You CAN and WILL be sued back home based on evidence collected by spotters like myself and others based or sent over to North Cyprus to check out.

The three brands Hed Kandi / Ministry of Sound and GU (Global Underground) will NOT be performing over here this year, SHOULD they do then the OFFICIAL event will be listed upon MOS Websites and OFFICIAL Posters, Flyers, Tickets issued by staff with ID Cards.

Name Nicking is Theft, Copyright infringement and Piracy at the end of the day!

The OFFICIAL Hed Kandi and Ministry of Sound can be heard weekly at http://www.redseadanceradio.com

Fridays Hed Kandi 12am-2am

Sundays MOS

AnthonySmith

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 19:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Welcome to the TRNC. Go to a DVD and find a real DVD, for example, and then start moaning about theft, copyright and piracy. Or go to stores and buy a "real" Lacrosse, Hilfiger or Adidas piece of clothing. Or buy a house only to find that you've paid a lot of money to someone for nothing.

And as far as I could see, it didn't advertise itself as Hed Kandi, simply music of. That would get round the law even in the UK.

redseadance

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 19:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

I understand this, yet it is misleading info to say HED KANDI

we have also heard from other sources that the DJ is claiming to be Hed Kandi Resident. to which he isnt.

As you say about house buying and losing money,

Lets hope some people have been saved from being out of pocket tonight for a Mis leading advert.

Also since when have Hed Kandi played RnB and Soul? lol

redseadance

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 19:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

They are advertising like this

21.30 Until LATE!!

Hed Kandi!!!!!! dance theme night with DJ.

COME ALONG AND DANCE YOUR SOCKS OFF!!

if that isnt misleading then what is?

Turtle

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 19:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

What is Hed Kandi please

AnthonySmith

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 19:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Reaseadance, I can see it is frustrating, but there's nowt you can do about it. That is an unfortunate side of life in North Cyprus. I worry about things I can change, not things I can't.

redseadance

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 19:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

one of the Worlds largest Club Promotions, also a Record Label which releases its own style of Funky House, Electronic House and Chilled Grooves.

Part of Ministry of Sound

http://www.hedkandi.com

Turtle

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Bloody ell,... I thought it was something important

Oh well never mind

redseadance

Message Posted:
24/03/2012 20:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

lol Turtle ;)

@Antony, yes frustrating, and i agree with what you say.

For me if you cant stop it going on then Exposing the frauds is next best thing, at least save some people there money who may have thought it was the real deal.

we know the party at the Almond Lounge will still go ahead tonight, at least people will know it isnt the real deal and the DJ will feel a fool to say he was Hed Kandi.

you can only but try ;)

barbieb

Message Posted:
25/03/2012 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Redseadance I hate to bring this back to the top but you have stated it says theme night, think about it 'THEME', what does that mean, I think by that word everyone knows it is not the real deal! Yes the party will still go on, but I wonder have you got a feud going on with the Almond, they are the most nicest honest nicest people I know, so stop this now and let this forum be used for it is supposed to be, a useful source of information for the expat community of Northern Cyprus!!!!!

HarryL

Message Posted:
26/03/2012 13:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Good for you Red Sea Dance I couldn't agree with you more. However, I do wonder where the blame really lies. I know property conman Syed Ahmet goes around lying about being connected to Hed Kandi to get business from gulliable bar owners and recruit niave, not particularly good, DJs to work for almost nothing. Although you are right both parties should do their research more thoroughly before signing up and certainly before advertising is produced.

redseadance

Message Posted:
26/03/2012 15:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

@Barbieb i merely copied what the advert said "Hed Kandi!!!!!! dance theme night with DJ. " Theme night or whatever, it doent give them the right to use Hed Kandi name - The way they wrote Hed Kandi with explanation marks indicates Strongly it is Hed Kandi.

A feud? sorry i have never been to Almond bar nor do i know any of the people running the venue.

Why should i stop doing what im doing and allow copyright infringement and pirate events to happen?

Is advertising false brands a useful source of info as you put it? lol NO!

RedSeaDance is also a Clun Promotion Brand, Record Label, Production Company and Radio Station.

Myself have worked within the industry for 22years around the globe in the dance music profession.

Ministry of Sound / Hed Kandi are work associates of mine and i have every right with their permission to pull down any misleading advertising and if needs be make every attempt to close the event that contains their brand without prior permissions.

redseadance

Message Posted:
26/03/2012 15:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Almond Lounge owners have NO Contact with Hed Kandi or Ministry of Sound - this i have 110% confirmation on from London HQ.

Should Hed Kandi come to North Cyprus, they would not use a small bar like Almond, They would also deck the place out with all their branded club hangings, as well as bringing an Official Hed Kandi Resident DJ to headline. they would certainly not accept 150lira fee for the DJ.

Thanks for the comment Harry!

I think more people should be aware that Brand nicking, Copyright infringement is a Global offense which can and does lead to prosecution - it is a more serious matter than you think. And as long as there are watchers about then people do get prosecuted eventually.

I Prefer to see Originality in things, there are millions of names you can use to call a night, so why use a Global Brand to benefit oneself ?

Sad really!

Redwine

Message Posted:
26/03/2012 15:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Ohh come on redsaedance. The advert clearly states theme night. What a singer that come along and sings - say elvis presly songs and the advert says theme night with elvis Presly - I wouldn't think the real Elvis would turn up!! Get a life this happens in Uk as well.

redseadance

Message Posted:
26/03/2012 16:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

i dont care if it says Theme night or not. Point is they used "Hed Kandi" with explanation marks - which indicates the brand. Also the DJ was known to brag he was Hed Kandi - to which he isnt and never will be.

Hed Kandi London gave no prior permissions for the name to be used in any context.

Yes it happens in the UK i agree by small bars and village halls, yet there is a 99% success rate of the parties being shut down, name changed or prosecution in some instances when reported.

Corporate companies such as Ministry of Sound who own Hed Kandi do prosecute globally and will continue to do so to protect their Brand and Trademark.

You may not care for breech of Trademarks or Copyright infringements but many people who own companies etc do. And if i brought up notice it wasn't the real deal on this forum, then so what?

Seeing as the real Elvis is long dead, no i wouldn't think he would turn up either lol unless he is still selling fish n chips in Margate with Jimmy Hendrix!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.