North Cyprus Tourist Board - UK National Lottery Tighten Rules To Online Access From Overseas
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > UK National Lottery Tighten Rules To Online Access From Overseas

UK National Lottery Tighten Rules To Online Access From Overseas

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 18:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

The UK National Lottery are tightening access to ensure that ONLY UK players can play online.

As you are aware, to play National Lottery games online you need to be a UK or Isle of Man resident and be physically located in the UK or Isle of Man when buying a ticket. If you play by Direct Debit, not only must you be physically located in the UK or Isle of Man when setting up your Direct Debit but also when making amendments to it, including buying additional tickets, or changing your numbers or payment details.

From 23rd April 2012, any player attempting to access their National Lottery Account from outside of the UK or Isle of Man will be prevented from doing so, as our location software will block any access.

Why are we implementing a block?

As operator of the UK National Lottery, Camelot clearly wants to pay out prizes where it can - and we don't want anyone to miss out on a prize because they haven't complied with the Rules. We're therefore always looking at ways we can improve

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 18:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

the quality of information we give players. Although we give clear warnings about playing from overseas, we believe this change makes it even clearer and simpler for players.

In line with this, we have updated our Interactive Terms and Conditions to ensure they reflect this amendment - to cover that National Lottery players will now be prevented from accessing their National Lottery Account if our software detects that they are intending to play National Lottery games from any jurisdiction other than the UK or Isle of Man.

Carndi

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 23:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

I posed this question on another thread.

The Republic of Cyprus ( the Greek side ) claim they are the government of all Cyprus and are members of the European Union. The north known as The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus ( TRNC ) are not in the Euro zone and have no representation in the European Union.

My question: Should a person living in the TRNC buy a Euro lottery ticket and win can he claim his prize and will it be paid out ?

Marion

Message Posted:
28/03/2012 01:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

I do the Euro Millions and hope one day i can win to transform my life and those that I love. I would expect to fly to England to collect my winnings, but, I do the Lotto from U.K. You can't do it online in TRNC! find a friend or relative who will do it for you, and give them 10% of your winnings! so, there isn't a problem with collecting winnings, the only problem is that I don't win.

Geoff

Message Posted:
28/03/2012 07:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

I don't see why they are bothered! It is all revenue for them.

Geoff

Famagusta City

keithcaley

Message Posted:
28/03/2012 08:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Geoff,

I can't imagine any Company going to such extreme lengths to LIMIT their income unless they were legally obliged to do so - much as UK TV stations are only allowed to do certain things - although for different reasons.

I would think that they are legally obliged to take all reasonable steps to stay within their permitted areas of operation.

Anyone know for sure?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.