North Cyprus Tourist Board - BBC Iplayer problems anyone?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > BBC Iplayer problems anyone?

BBC Iplayer problems anyone?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

islandgirl

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 19:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Is it just me or is there a general problem with iplayer. I can normally watch BBC live on mu Multimax conection but the last couple of nights it has been pretty impossible.

Tried with myiplayer as JuliaMoons suggested, that was working but at the moment is not.

Is it just me?

erolz

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 19:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Not aware of any generic problems islandgirl, either at the BBC end or MM end. Have just watched bbc panorama (not live but streaming) without problems and just checked bbc1 live on the following url for a minute or two without problems

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone/watchlive/

you could also try flimon and see if that is any better

http://www.filmon.com/tv/htmlmain/#BBC-One

If you are still having problems then do feel free to email me on erolz@cream.org with your multimax details and i'll check things out as much as I can remotely for you.

judyr

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 19:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

I can't use myiplayer either and have just checked i[layer and that sn't working either. I am with Multimax and I can usually get these programs.

judyr

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

I have just tried your link Erolz, Filmon and it works perfectly. Thank you!

erolz

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

judyr what happens when you go to the bbc iplayer site ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/

it should be working.

erolz

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 19:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Judyr on the filmon site you can click in the top left for 'SD quality' and then you can watch indefinately without having to register an account. If you leave it on 'HD' after 5 or 6 minutes it asks you to register for the site though even then I think you get the option to continue in SD quality.

erolz

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 19:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

sorry above post should say top right not top left to select SD quality

judyr

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 19:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Hi, It just buffers and then says not available. I can get BBC on the BBC website watch live though but it keeps stopping.

moxie

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 21:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

im getting this with both bbc and itv player..only the last few nights. My signal strength has been low but also when excellent it is still buffering..that is for live tv and player... any ideas please?

erolz

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 21:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

The first thing to say is that 'signal strength' as shown on your windows laptop or PC relates purely to the wireless link between between that laptop and the wireless access point INSIDE your house (often reffered to as the router). It says nothing about the wireless link from the box on your roof to the basestation that provides the 'internet' connection.

The first thing to try if you are a multi max customer and online TV is not working , would be to try a speedtest from the MM website which can be found here http://www.mmcyp.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35&Itemid=665&lang=en

If online TV is not working but this speedtest shows good speeds the most likely senario is that the problems are outside of the MM network and our control.

If this speedtest shows bad speed the next step would be to 'rule out' possible issues with the wifi link within your house. To do this you would plug the wired connection that comes from the roof [cont]

erolz

Message Posted:
27/03/2012 21:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

directly into the laptop AND then disconnect from the wireless connection and then run the speedtest linked to above. If it shows good speeds when pluged in directly wired but not wirelessly this would indicate the problem is with the wifi distribution within the house. If it shows bad speeds from the MM speedtest when plugged in directly (wired) then you should contact us at Multimax and this indcates that the most liekly senario is a problem at out end that we need to investigate and fix.

We hope to have a much more comprehensive and clearly explained guide on the webiste as to how to do the above tests in due course but for now the above give a basic idea of the standard 'diagnosing' of problems.

Of course if you are having problems you are always welcome to contact the support line or email me directly (erolz@cream.org) and we will do our best to get them resolved, though obviously the more testing you can do yourself the more efficently we can help you.

judyr

Message Posted:
28/03/2012 08:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Erolz,

Have just tried Iplayer again and still getting message "Content unavailable please try again later". How exactly do I disconnect from wireless when plugged directly into the internet? Thanks

erolz

Message Posted:
28/03/2012 08:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Judyr. On what content are you getting the message 'contenet unavailable' ? Is that the 'live streams from within iplayer itself ? BBC1 or other channels ? Or the catchup content ?

To disconnect from the wireless when plugged in wired click on the small icon in the bottom right of the screen that is like ascending bars, this should show a list of all wireless access points in range of you and should show you as connected to your one, just click on the one showing connected and it will give you a button to disconnect. To reconnect again after testing with the wired connection, click on the revelant access point and then click connect.

erolz

Message Posted:
28/03/2012 10:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Just to update, bbc1 live stream via iplayer website does not seeem to be working currently, though bbc2 is. However for live streams I recommend not using the lınk from iplayer anyway but the link below

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcone/watchlive/

This does appear to be working fine from where I am currently. In my experience for live streaming this is generally a more reliable url to use rather than the ones built into iplayer.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.