North Cyprus Tourist Board - Private hospitals-PIP implants
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Private hospitals-PIP implants

Private hospitals-PIP implants

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

tonycar

Message Posted:
28/03/2012 10:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Seeing as I have been critical about hospitals in the TRNC it is only correct and proper that I do the same in the UK.

Harley Street, Transform etc make an absolute fortune from cosmetic surgery, now it is established that these companies have used low grade breast implants and put the health of thousands of women at risk, they should replace these free of charge, but NO, they are crooks, they have taken peoples money and now couldn't give a monkeys, all tax payers have to foot the bill as the NHS is providing the service that Transform etc should provide, now it appears that they didn't even bother to inform their patients, a damn disgrace.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
28/03/2012 11:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

It was not only the private sector in the UK who used these implants, they have been used in approx 65 countries worldwide. The French company who manufactured them using non-medical grade silicone then sold them in bulk to other companies who then sold them under their won name. It will be years before they manage to trace them all. However ladies who did have them within the NHS will have them replaced free of charge and they are urging the private sector to follow them but whether this happens or not remains to be seen!

Unfortunately the regulations regarding prosthesis's is very vague and needs tightened up as there are people now having problems with hip replacements wearing away bone and indeed releasing toxins into the blood stream.

Chris

tonycar

Message Posted:
28/03/2012 11:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Nurseawful I agree with most of what you have said, just one point, the private sector have already refused to remove and replace the dodgy implants, one of the Directors of either Transform or Harley Street said they did not have the funds and would go bankrupt, well in my opinion 'tough', these companies should be forced to correct their dodgy work or shut down.

Hip replacements are not classed as cosmetic or for vanity so I think they are a different arguement.

davpat

Message Posted:
28/03/2012 11:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

It would be outrageous if the NHS were forced to REPLACE the bad implant,they are doing enough by removing the bad ones.

nurseawful

Message Posted:
28/03/2012 12:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Message 3 I agree that the private sector should be made to replace / remove these implants. But in all fairness to hospitals whether they private or public they didn't know that non-medical silicone had been used.

The reason I mentioned hips as an example was there is not enough regulations regarding stringent clinical trials for prosthesis's whether they are cosmetic or a surgical procedure. In my opinion they should be done with the same guidelines that are used for medicines.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2093360/Poisonous-hip-implants-putting-thousands-British-patients-risk-medical-watchdog-launches-investigation.html

Chris

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.