North Cyprus Tourist Board - Bogaz area
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Bogaz area

Bogaz area

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

grahamlil

Message Posted:
15/11/2007 16:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 38 in Discussion

What is the Bogaz area like, we only really drove through it on the way to the Karpas area.

Nobody seems to mention it much

grahamlil

ukturk

Message Posted:
15/11/2007 16:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 38 in Discussion

hi mate

bogaz is a lovely area

very up and coming

lots of work going on around there at the moment, a few 5 star hotels also one of the biggest shoping arcades in cyprus is getting built there

i would defo recomend you go and have a look around

regards

ukturk

simbas

Message Posted:
15/11/2007 16:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 38 in Discussion

We bought in the Bogaz area 4yrs ago ,we might be bias but its beautiful unspoiled , rustic, and full of charm and the local people even better

please take a look you wont be disappointed

regards simbas

ukturk

Message Posted:
15/11/2007 17:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 38 in Discussion

i agree with simbas

lovely place i could actually go as far as i prefer the area to girine because unspoilt and not full of bars and resturants and not full of tourists but this will all change when all the new developments spring up

plus i would favour the area cos all my family are from around the iskele region

regards

ukturk

grahamlil

Message Posted:
15/11/2007 18:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 38 in Discussion

Erkan, simbas,

Is Bogas not where I spotted a large petro chemical works, we will have a look around when we go back in Jan / Feb.

Are there many expats living in the area, everything seems to happen around Girine

Regards grahamlil

lovingcyprus

Message Posted:
15/11/2007 21:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 38 in Discussion

Everything happens round Girne but over time that will change Bozas and area will become much more popular

pilgrim

Message Posted:
16/11/2007 00:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 38 in Discussion

bought 3years ago love area ,great beaches , old city famagusta, great restaurants, karpas up and coming quickly.

grahamlil

Message Posted:
16/11/2007 11:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 38 in Discussion

Common people,

There must be a few more opinions out there, what about the petro chemical plant?

grahamlil

martin73

Message Posted:
16/11/2007 11:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 38 in Discussion

Yes saw the petro plant on my way to see Thalassa. Although Bogaz had a great feel to it i didnt think the coastline was up to much. Ive also heard as there arent as strict planning regulations in this area there could be tower block type developments here. According to some people these are already in development. Love for someone to tell me this isnt true.

simbas

Message Posted:
16/11/2007 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 38 in Discussion

Grahamlil as i mentioned in one of the posts i do see things through rose tinted glasses , so i have to admit i have not been conscious of ever have seeing the petrol plant. if i have , it obviously made no impact on me .on the other hand every country has its necessary flaws and we have to except that. the coastline has little pockets that are really quite pretty, and i do know that developers are going to develope some of the coastline in front of their own developements. Troy lake being one of them they are planning to build an underpass from their site under the main rd to karpaz and improve the beach and build a restaurant /bar of course that will not happen over night but it is in their long term plan.

simbas

grahamlil

Message Posted:
16/11/2007 15:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 38 in Discussion

Erkan,

You can tell us, is there not a TRNC building plan on what is aceptable and what is not, or does every council / county? decide for themselves

"if anyone can Erkan can"

grahamlil

martin73

Message Posted:
16/11/2007 15:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 38 in Discussion

My understanding is that the northern coastline has a 2 storey rule whereas bogaz and that area is under a different council and the regulations have not been put in place (yet?) I think the 2 storey rule is from Girne to tatlisu

grahamlil

Message Posted:
16/11/2007 15:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 38 in Discussion

I Don't know, am I being selfish, but wouldn't it be nice if there were a 2 story rule thoughout TRNC, but as I have said it is probably being selfish, I just really don't want to see a lovely country destroyed by building.

grahamlil

jimbo

Message Posted:
16/11/2007 15:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 38 in Discussion

Have you tried looking at the bogaz info website you can talk to the people that actually live there . i have a house in bahceler just outside bogaz it is a lot quiter there hardley any traffic great restaraunts ,nice people much better than kyrenia in my opinion

jimbo

grahamlil

Message Posted:
17/11/2007 17:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 38 in Discussion

jimbo,

thanks for the tip on the website, i have had a quick look and it seems very usefull, when i have time i will spend a little longer looking

grahamlil

alanka

Message Posted:
18/11/2007 03:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 38 in Discussion

Bogaz is a lovely area, yes there is a petro chemical works, but I would not call it 'large' - and it is not far from me, and there has been given permission for it to be moved (good) but in due course (Cyprus time, bad). However, I can see it from my house, and it really does not bother me that much, it's not noisy or anything, and it does have the bonus that at night when the ships are coming in to visit they anchor in the bay and their lights are quite attractive reflecting on the waves.

Bogaz does seem to have a lot of building going on, and in my experience there does seem to be rather lax rules re how far from the sea you can build and how many storyes high you can go - I do think a lot of problems are being caused by builders-in-distress selling off some of their land and therefore we don't know what the buyers will do - I do wish the local authority would step in - but on a good note, one big building firm has been ordered to pull down some buildings which are too near the sea front.

It's a 'wild' coastline at the moment, but some delicious little coves to be found, but being selfish, we tend to keep our little finds to ourselves....

It's a very friendly area, and you do have the choice of buying near the beach, or on a hill behind. It's a short drive up into the wooded hills, and you can find yourself a nice isolated and picturesque area to have a picnic. There are not too many bars and restuarants, which is nice really - you get to know the owners and get treated like a friend or a local when you get to know them. And there are shepherds taking their sheep and goats along the hills and down to the beach. And if you are really lucky, turtles in the bay and on the beach (I seem to be the only one that hasn't seen one yet sob sob..

I can't tell you how or why, but I've fallen in love with the place, it has a certain magic about it. We have the local modern supermarket, but then we have the local shops too, where you can tell them what you want, and a member of staff will run off and get it for you - and the prices are just as competitive, and we have the lovely man-with-fruit&veg-van coming around once a week, great produce at good prices, and he stops just outside your door.

Tiggy

Message Posted:
18/11/2007 09:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 38 in Discussion

Bogaz.....Nah.....don't touch the place....Leave it well alone...... don't go there...... area is cursed......... Only problem is we will hopefully have our Othello II (Troy Lake) Villa finished next year and will have to put up with the beautiful place !!!!! Love the idea of the small local shops and the "Moby vans" coming around with fresh produce to your door daily. I can see where Tesco got the idea from!!

Simbas is right with the company planning an underpass to allow access to the beach for residents. Another plan.....which I maybe should not be telling you, is they are planning for a 9 hole golf course along side the Villas.

The locals should put pressure on the planners to have no more than two storeys for property's as they do in lovely Lanzarote.

Tiggy.

Dark, damp morning in Kensington (working)…..well I suppose it’s better than being in Bogaz!

simbas

Message Posted:
18/11/2007 11:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 38 in Discussion

Hi tiggy i forgot about the golf course !!!! -------- simbas

Tiggy

Message Posted:
18/11/2007 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 38 in Discussion

Morning Simbas,

Maybe we should have kept it to ourselves!! Shhh....no more info to be blurted out.

Now.......... where did I put my sand iron?!

alanka

Message Posted:
19/11/2007 00:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 38 in Discussion

Why do you say Bogaz is 'cursed' please?

simbas

Message Posted:
19/11/2007 06:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 38 in Discussion

alanka , tiggy was only joking !!!!!

regards simbas

ukturk

Message Posted:
19/11/2007 13:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 38 in Discussion

hi there all

tiggy i dont think alanka unerstood you were joking dont worry mate i think its a london thing some of the people dont understand me either L.O.L

yes there is the chemical factory in bogaz which ive been told by many crediable sources they will be moving it (not sure when) but anyway its not really a eye sore or is noisy or smelly so dont let this put anyone off the bogaz area

i was under the impression that there are restrictions on number of floors you can up to but most of the builders dont take no notice of this, but this has blown in their face becasue the bogaz/iskele council have given notice to a few of them to pull the buildings down!!! so this is good news that they are starting to clamp down

like i said before i do actually prefer the coast on this side of cyprus i.e bafra-bogaz - bacheler - iskele region - salamis, not so spoilt less tourists and the weather seems to be a bit better especially in the winter months i think its something to do with kyrenia being on the aegean side and famagusta side is on the med side

regards to all

ukturk

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
19/11/2007 13:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 38 in Discussion

Hey we don't want to feel left out we in the Girne area, especially West have the wonderful power station to look out on! Very, very occasionally we get a bit of traffic in the sea albeit just the tanker going to the said power station. We have a wonderful view of the sea from our place but goodness its such a boring stretch of water, the only activity we see are the three ferries coming over from Turkey on a daily basis.

Cheers

Karen

simbas

Message Posted:
19/11/2007 14:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 38 in Discussion

Orangekazzie your so lucky to be able to look out onto the sea , i am mesmerised by the sea , boring or not , i can look out to sea for hrs.{ how sad is that i really should get out more } but you also live in a beautiful place too

kind regards simbas

alanka

Message Posted:
20/11/2007 01:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 38 in Discussion

Sorry if I was being a bit dense simbas, yes I can sit for hours looking at the sea too, it's not sad at all, it's not half as sad as going through 100000 TV channels trying to find something you'd actually like to watch......

What is better than sitting and watching the sea, hearing the soft murmur of the waves with a drink in your hand?? Yes, OK, would be better with a glass of Tatty, but what the heck!

alanka

Message Posted:
20/11/2007 01:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 38 in Discussion

dont worry mate i think its a london thing some of the people dont understand me either L.O.L

NO, It's just that I seem to have lost my sense of humour - if you find it, please return it, there is a reward.

simbas

Message Posted:
20/11/2007 05:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 38 in Discussion

Alanka we dont bother to flick through the endless channels any more , we take dvd's with us now. next time we are there we have got to try and sort it out once and for all. im sitting in tring listening to the sound of the soft lapping of the water , well actually its the lashing rain hitting the windows.but i can dream can't i

have a good day simbas

dodger

Message Posted:
20/11/2007 10:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 38 in Discussion

talking of the sea, one of my favourite views in n.c. is looking at the sunset whilst having a meal at the esentepe hotel wonderful scenery.At the moment my view is of a 60 tonne power press pounding away,no comparison really.

simbas

Message Posted:
20/11/2007 11:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 38 in Discussion

Oh god its so depressing is'nt it , remembering all the good things of nc and experiencing the present , and all that goes with it ,ie weather . i'm sure i must be one of those s a d people just need a burst of nc and i'll be ok

enjoy your day { or try to ,at least i'm not looking at a 60 tonne power press } --------- regards simbas

Tiggy

Message Posted:
20/11/2007 15:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 38 in Discussion

Alanka,

Simbas and Uturk came to my rescue here!! (cheers chaps)

I was merely trying to put off others coming to the beautiful Bogaz region.

On a more serious note., could people not put stuff on this site that is not related to Bogaz.

Anyone in the Girne area or other area's that are feeling left out...please start their own!!!

Raining in London.

grahamlil

Message Posted:
22/11/2007 12:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 38 in Discussion

From what I can see there are no replies from anyone actually living in that area, does nobody actually live there???

grahamlil

simbas

Message Posted:
22/11/2007 13:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 38 in Discussion

Hi grahamlil do you mean bogaz or girne ?

regards simbas

grahamlil

Message Posted:
22/11/2007 15:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 38 in Discussion

Simbas,

Sorry the Bogas area, I know there are a lot living in the Girine area

regards grahamlil

pilgrim

Message Posted:
22/11/2007 21:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 38 in Discussion

Bogas area, personally I think has the potential and will be the jewel in the crown

simbas

Message Posted:
22/11/2007 22:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 38 in Discussion

Hi pilgrim i think you are so right

have a nice evening simbas

pilgrim

Message Posted:
22/11/2007 22:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 38 in Discussion

Thanks Simbas, you to.

regards

p

ukturk

Message Posted:
22/11/2007 23:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 38 in Discussion

hi all

i defo agree all around the bogaz area and iskele region has and will fulfill its potential to the best in north cyprus from the bafra region all the way past bogaz down past salamis to famagusta centre has the most amazing unspoilt beaches you got to remember back in its hay day this region of cyprus was the monaco of cyprus and thats what the greek cypriots want the most

so i would reconmend anyone to bogaz a lot of money being pumped into the area like the big old bazaar being built on 36 donums with a thousand shops, resturants, concert halls, play areas for kids etc

regards

ukturk

p.s graham even thou i dont live there we have a family home in iskele and have many family and friends who live in the bogaz area and when i am in cyprus i spend a lot of time around there, go and take a look all around there so nice and different to girine take care mate

grahamlil

Message Posted:
23/11/2007 15:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 38 in Discussion

Hi Erkan,

Thanks I will

Regards Graham

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.