North Cyprus Tourist Board - Aphrodite-Guzelyurt
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Aphrodite-Guzelyurt

Aphrodite-Guzelyurt

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Aphrodite Beachfront Village North Cyprus property review

Linus

Message Posted:
05/01/2009 20:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 28 in Discussion

Just got back from a week in NC over the New Year. The site is developing well now. I reckon 2 months work left possibly three. They have just started tiling the pool and restaraunt complex. Very helpful the building workers on site and all my snagging now complete. Took the opportunity to look at Crystal bay Marina site as well. Quality of the finished apts exceptional. I think the quality and finish of the Evergreen build is certainly better than I have seen with many other builders

Lilli

Message Posted:
05/01/2009 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 28 in Discussion

hi linus sounds promising. you got back ok then. lovely to have met you both see you next time .. xxx

markcbm

Message Posted:
05/01/2009 21:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 28 in Discussion

hi linus going out to see cb marina next week thanks for your positive comments,they said it would be ready end of 08 but not quite how long do you think. mark

Linus

Message Posted:
05/01/2009 21:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Lillie

It was good to meet you. Nice little restaraunt you have got there. I wish you every success for the new year

Regards

Linus

Tasgirl

Message Posted:
05/01/2009 22:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 28 in Discussion

I visited the Aphodite site with a view to purchase there, the approach to the site, via a rubbish dump and a swamp encouraged me to make a quick return to the main road.

Linus

Message Posted:
05/01/2009 22:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Tasgirl

Not sure where the rubbish dump is as i have been there several times and havent seen that. The road leading into the site is a dirt track currently and with the recent rain a mud bath but there is a new road going into the site soon . Pity you didnt continue to visit the site as you would have been impressed, so much so phase 1 is nearly sold out

Linus

Linus

Message Posted:
06/01/2009 23:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 28 in Discussion

Markcbm

I would say a couple of months or so should see it completed

Linus

Linus

Message Posted:
21/01/2009 23:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 28 in Discussion

Anybody visited Aphrodite this month. Just wondered how things were progressing. Evergreen stated they were pushing the builders to get the site finished as quickly as possible

equifox

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 22:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 28 in Discussion

Hi,

We went down to the Aphrodite site yesterday, things are moving on. Pool is tiled and jacuzzi is taking shape. Men were putting down top soil outside apartments, only 1 block left at the front that needs quite a bit of work on. We took some photo's not sure how to put them on this site. I am happy to email to people if you forward your address.

Thanks

Lorraine

Linus

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 22:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Equifox

Would appreciate if you could e-mail them to paul@thekerrigans.com. I am due to go over early March and am hoping the site will be more or less finished. Sounds promising from what you are saying. I see Evergreen have put a couple of new pictures on their website

Regards

Linus

Linus

Message Posted:
03/03/2009 00:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 28 in Discussion

Hi

Anybody been to the Aphrodite complex over the last month or so. Just wonder how everything is developing

Linus

equifox

Message Posted:
08/03/2009 10:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Linus,

I'll give you an update soon, we are going to the site next weekend.

Hope you well

Lorraine

Linus

Message Posted:
08/03/2009 17:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Equifox

Nice to hear from you again

I hope you have a good trip. I have received a couple of pictures from Nurten at Evergreen in the last couple of days and whilst progress is being made it is very slow. I am going across next month. Hope to hear from you soon

Regards

Linus

equifox

Message Posted:
14/03/2009 21:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 28 in Discussion

hello,

Just got back from the Aphrodite Beachfront site. Progress is being made albeit slow. Some windows in the building around the pool area, tiles inside these building too; you can clearly see that they are toilets and showers.

the upper level of this building has been tiled too.

Tiling around the pool appears to be almost finished. The small pool still needs to be tiled.

Five foundations down on the second phase land........and thats about it.

I was blowing a gale when we were there today.

Have you had an email from Evergreen about the rental option and furniture? what do you think to the hoilday rental? It sounds like a good idea, think I need to ask a few question before I jump though.

bye

Lorraine

Linus

Message Posted:
14/03/2009 21:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Lorraine

Glad you had a good trip. Just received photos fromm Nurten. As you say progress is slow but they are getting there. As far as the rental proposition is concerned the amount they are offering to the apt owner is poor approx £ 150. I assume we then have to pay for cleaning , electricity ( air con) tax etc, wear and tear on your furniture. It just doesn't seem a viable proposition to me. I am across next month so I will get them to clarify the position on rentals

Regards

Linus

equifox

Message Posted:
15/03/2009 20:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 28 in Discussion

And in addition to the cleaning etc there will also be the 10% government tax, that I often see mentioned in the papers.

Will you be staying on the site? we can see that a couple of apartments have curtains up etc. We went into homefront to buy a furniture package, but my husband was full of cold and to particularly in the moods for shopping so we came out with nothing, much to my annoyance :-/

I would really just like to get stuff from Ikea, i know that upsets some people; but it just so much cheaper.

Let me know your dates, if we are planning on coming over maybe we could met up for a drink.

Lorraine

Right

Linus

Message Posted:
16/03/2009 01:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Lorraine

We are across over Easter from 11 April for a week. We are not staying in the apt as it as not been cleaned etc and I am not making my final payment until site is completely finished. Will you be able to get all your furniture across the border from Ikea as there is a limit per person about £150 i think.

We got ours from Olgun as they ha good discounts on when we were there at Xmas

Are you across at Easter

Linus

Linus

Message Posted:
19/03/2009 00:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 28 in Discussion

Been advised today it will be another 3 months before site is completed

leahy

Message Posted:
06/04/2009 06:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 28 in Discussion

Linus

Just wondering where you got this info as I am hearing something very different from Nurten. Also has anyone managed to enforce payment of penalties?

city1

Message Posted:
06/04/2009 20:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 28 in Discussion

Hi, has anyone completed on their apartments yet and paid all their moneis? What is the completion date??? I cannot seem to establish this from Nurten or Evergreen. Anyone else with the same problem?

Linus

Message Posted:
06/04/2009 23:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Leahy

Been in contact with Directors of Evergreen and been advised 6-8 weeks until completion

city1

Message Posted:
07/04/2009 17:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 28 in Discussion

Hi, has anyone tried to sell their apartment back to the developers yet? If so, please can you contact me. Thanks

equifox

Message Posted:
08/04/2009 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 28 in Discussion

Hi,

Visited site today, at 5pm weather was nice, warm and the sea calm.

Both pools tiled, area around the pools has been tiled although not grouted yet.

Vegetation around the site growing well!! A little weed killer should sort that out though.Hehe!

I asked the same question of Nurten "when will the site be finished?" and i got the same ambiguous reply of "in the next few weeks". I also asked about the late completion penalty payments and got NO reply!! I also tried to sell the property back to the developers and they stated that they do not do buy backs, even though when we were shown around various sites by Remax agents this was one of the benefits being able to sell before completion. I should have got that down in writing! I went back to Remax to try and put the property on the market but the fees we'd have to pay were too high it wouldnt have been worth it especially considering the cost of the properties on phase2 (lower than our original price). So we're just waiting.

gazza

Message Posted:
08/04/2009 22:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 28 in Discussion

hi equifox.

is there a reason for trying to sell back to the developer, did you buy as an investment or a holiday home with the current climate we will be happy for the site to be completed, even if it is late .cannot see them having the monies to buy back the properties from us buyers .we had the same option in our contract but we were always going to keep ours and hopefully this great complex and phase 2 will be up and running in the near future in this lovely part of nc.

and if all goes well in the talks and the credit crunch sorts itself out we think we will have a very good investment.

we wish you well what ever you decide.

gazza

equifox

Message Posted:
09/04/2009 10:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Gazza,

Sorry, didn't have enough characters to write fully. I was replying to the previous questions. Initally when we looked at buying (3years ago) it was for investment purposes. There was no talk of credit crunch then and we were going to sell before completion. Yes times have changed and we reviewed our plans quite a while ago. How often do you get to visit the site? we go probably once a month sometime more (twice this week). Its disheartening to see what I consider slow progress but we do get excited each time we go and imagine ourself sitting by the pool, going for a dip in the sea and wondering about what businesses will spring up in the local area simply because of the site being there. We are looking forward to the future, sorry if previous posting came across as negative.

To Linus,

i notice you're gonna be staying in the ship inn, enjoy your stay there. We have been a couple of times and we like it a lot.

Lorraine

gazza

Message Posted:
09/04/2009 14:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 28 in Discussion

hi lorraine.

we brought jan 2007 off plan without looking so bit of a gamble, as you say the credit crunch was the last thing we expected but nearly all our monies have been paid,just held a bit back just in case.

we have only been over once, in june last year when evergreen won the best beachside devolpment,our apartment was built and almost finished the white goods were missing but very impressed with the quality of build.

we decided to get evergreen to snag our apartment mainy because of time and money nu rten told us that there snagger was very good and free of charge so we are in there hands.do you live over there and will you be staying all year round.

regards garry&becky

Linus

Message Posted:
09/04/2009 19:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Lorraine

Good to hear from you again. You must get over to NC often it wasn't that long since you were there. Hang on in there if you can i really believe it will be a great site when it is finished. I think your right business will start to spring up before long particularly when phase 2 gets going. Looking forward to staying at the Ship. Heard really good and bad reports but we called in last time we over and it seemed very nice and friendly. Let you know when I return

Regards

linus

tonyhickey

Message Posted:
10/04/2009 00:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 28 in Discussion

Hi Linus We have just returned from North Cyprus,stopped at the Ship Inn for a week, no complaints good food and they really make you welcome. We did not stay in our apartment as the site will not be finished to end of May. Buying on Crystal Bay Marina from Evergreen, hope you have a nice holiday. Tony and Susan.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.