North Cyprus Tourist Board - Where can I get a hire car from Larnaca to visit Kyrenia?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Where can I get a hire car from Larnaca to visit Kyrenia?

Where can I get a hire car from Larnaca to visit Kyrenia?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Kyrenia North Cyprus

» Kyrenia Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Sights

declan

Message Posted:
09/01/2009 13:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Anyone know a car hire firm in Larnaca that will insure you for visiting the North?

No political answers please. =)

simbas

Message Posted:
09/01/2009 13:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Hi Declan , welcome to the board , click on car in the popular tags section , you will find all you need to there

Good Luck , Simbas

gates

Message Posted:
09/01/2009 13:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

any car you get in the south will not issue insurance for the north you have to buy it at the boarder best hire car say nothing like most do and get it at crossing

Stewart

Message Posted:
09/01/2009 15:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Hi, gates is correct, no south insurance company will insure for the north, you purchase the additional insurance at the border ( in Euros ) charges are for a week, or a month ( may be available for 2 weeks ) cost last summer for a month was 34 Euros ( third party available only on all insurance bought at the border )

Not all hire companies will allow their cars to be taken north ( about 30% do )..check with the hire company

There is no problem obtaining the insurance at the border (takes 2 mins)...but. the insurance kiosk is closed from around 2am till about 7am ( if your flight is due in to Larnaca about 11 - 11.30pm or after, you will not make it in time, therefore will not be allowed to cross.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.