North Cyprus Tourist Board - Is History a thing of the past?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Is History a thing of the past?

Is History a thing of the past?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus History

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
12/01/2009 10:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Is Cyprus history on the curriculum in schools in the trnc?

rocking

Message Posted:
12/01/2009 12:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

I do not think so. It was taken off curriculum about 18 months ago. I was surprised the population just took this without a fuss. I think now it is up to the parents to let their children know what happened here in the past - if the schools are not doing it. Also let us hope if there is a change of Government they will have a change of mind and will be reinstated on the curriculum. Also between 6 - 10 weeks ago, in the Dikman rubbish there were found to be thousands of Turkish and Turkish Cypriot books thrown out and burnt. I have no idea where these were from. If you speak Turkish (my husband translates) channel 36 on Digiturk reports all these sorts of things, as you can guess they are very critical of Talat, Ferdi Soyer and their crew.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
12/01/2009 16:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

If History is not on the school curriculum then how are the next genereation going to find out about the history of their country?

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
12/01/2009 16:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Quite simply unless the parents tell them they won't sadly...lest it should happen again or never again should be their slogan, just like the jews ...The turk cyps should never forget.

authentichoccie

Message Posted:
12/01/2009 16:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

My kids have a lesson called Kibris tarihi, which is Cyprus History but think it all starts and ends with Ataturk! My son told me the other day that he had just learnt about the british rule in Cyprus.

We try and educate our kids with some general history etc so they too won't forget their heritage!

Had an interesting conversation with my kids and some of their mates this weekend where one of them (who has been reading Dan Browns Da Vinci Code!) told them that The painting 'The Last Supper' was painted by Leonardo Di Caprio!!!!! LOL!!

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
12/01/2009 16:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Thats funny authentichoccie!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.