North Cyprus Tourist Board - Agents selling re-sale properties
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Agents selling re-sale properties

Agents selling re-sale properties

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

AbbyG

Message Posted:
02/12/2007 14:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 34 in Discussion

I'm feeling SO frustrated because even though I do a google seach for re-sale properties in NC, the real estate agencies that I then go in to only offer new builds. Does anyone know which agencies actually show re-sale properties on their websites, as the good ones recommended on this forum do not show re-sales? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Bradus

Message Posted:
02/12/2007 14:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 34 in Discussion

Hi Abby, you will find this difficult. The estate agents get more commission form selling off plan. Would you consider a new build but with everything finished?

Try Landmark Estates and Royal Estates

http://www.cyprusroyalestates.com/index.php

http://www.north-cyprus-properties-landmark.com/

Hope this helps

AbbyG

Message Posted:
02/12/2007 14:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 34 in Discussion

Hi Bradus

I tried

http://www.north-cyprus-properties-landmark.com/

and looked for resale, eventually going up to 120 grand (much too much for my budget!!) just to see how high I'd have to go to find a property, and still NOTHING came up. So I gave up .......

Still looking at the other index. Have a headache and am getting really fed up, so think I will give up for today and maybe try with a better attitude tomorrow!!

The reason I am going for re-sale is because I am assuming I'll get more for my money that way.

Do you think I should wait until I arrive in NC and try some of the smaller agents ... all the ones with the fancy websites also seem to have fancy prices, or maybe I'm just hoping for something really cheap, on par with Turkey.

pilgrim

Message Posted:
02/12/2007 15:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 34 in Discussion

try Busy Bees

Bradus

Message Posted:
02/12/2007 15:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 34 in Discussion

I do think Turkey is cheaper than Cyprus. I suggest you look for finished property as well as resale. I do agree that it would be better to wait until you get to Cyprus. You will have a better idea of what you will get for your money.How cheap is cheap? Are you being realistic? Some resale property might end up being cheaper if the owners are desparate to sell and return to Britain so are after a quick sale. On the other hand if they have done lots of work and spent alot on redecoration and alterations they might want a better return. Are you looking for villa or apartment?

pilgrim

Message Posted:
02/12/2007 16:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 34 in Discussion

re sales at medview , good 2beds 42-50k good value

lovingcyprus

Message Posted:
02/12/2007 16:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 34 in Discussion

AbbyG

Try Ian Smith Estate Agency they are probably the best for re-sale properties, just follow the link below:_

http://www.iansmithestate.com/

DONTY

Message Posted:
02/12/2007 19:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 34 in Discussion

i couldnt believe that an agent like landmark dont have resales so i took a look.

using their search filter certainly showed no properties so i did a general search and lo and behold there were plenty. if a property is finished it is very likely to be a resale. do remember that just because it isnt full of personal effects doesnt mean it isnt a resale as investors buy off plan and then sell on at a profit as soon as it is finished, usually without ever using it.

here are a few from landmark i found in about 2 minutes!

http://www.north-cyprus-properties-landmark.com/property-view.php?no=331&back=0&stype=All&sminp=All&smaxp=All&page=quick

http://www.north-cyprus-properties-landmark.com/property-view.php?no=258&back=40&stype=All&sminp=All&smaxp=All&page=quick

http://www.north-cyprus-properties-landmark.com/property-view.php?no=203&back=40&stype=All&sminp=All&smaxp=All&page=quick

did a quick check of little villa company, did an advance search and selected completed/resale and they have 85!!!!!

for sure some websites dont make it too easy to identify off plan from resales but if it is full of peoples stuff or even completed it is likely to be a resale.

the generalisation that agents make bigger commission off of off plan is rubbish. the average commission from developers is 5 or 6%. if agents got say 10% from the majority of developers they would just increase the commission on resales and owners would up the asking price to cover this. what would be the point of valuing, photographing, measuring, checking deeds etc and then advertising a resale if you had no intention of selling it?

FYI the new estate agent laws will peg all commissions between 3% and 5% so the few desperate builders offering more will soon be bang out of luck and potential for back handers will be minimal as property companies accounts are to be scrutinised heavily as the government want their slice of the action.

DONTY

Message Posted:
02/12/2007 19:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 34 in Discussion

also property nc magazine is full of resales being offered for sale by agents and look in any agents window and you will see many resales in their displays.

TonyH

Message Posted:
02/12/2007 20:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 34 in Discussion

I have been searching for resales and not found a problem, you can even filter your results for pre74 title deed only property for resale and receive results. Maybe it's a price issue. Good luck anyway.

AbbyG

Message Posted:
03/12/2007 08:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 34 in Discussion

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your advice. My problem is I only get 10 minute slots on the internet in my job (currently in Tripoli, Libya) and don't have the luxury of being able to browse lazily over a long period, hence the frustration of not finding what I want QUICKLY!!!! All this whilst I'm supposed to be working, so I get so annoyed when I'm interrupted by my colleagues with work requests. How inconvenient! I'm going to have to brave one of the men only internet cafes one evening so I can have a good look at what's available if I use the filters. Your suggestions have been greatly appreciated. Also, my budget is 40 grand max. I've seen some lovely unfinished villas near Bodrum in Turkey for 30 grand, so I guess I'm not being realistic at all when it comes to NC properties. Also, I'm really reluctant to buy an apartment, even though I know it suits my budget better to do so. The great thing about buying unfinished is that once you've purchased the property you have time to save for the refurb, so you don't need all the money 'up front'. Sorry, I'm blabbering now because I know my 10 minute slot is about up.

Barrovian1

Message Posted:
03/12/2007 08:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 34 in Discussion

Hi AbbyG

I have worked in Libya too, so I understand the problems that you encounter.

Good look with your re-sale search.

Bob.

AbbyG

Message Posted:
03/12/2007 09:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 34 in Discussion

Thanks Bob

DONTY: Thanks for your links. Just tried them and the little villa one confirmed my worst fears, that is that I'm NOT going to find a comparable villa with what's on offer in Turkey. Just looked at some for 60 grand, and they are nowhere near as big or nice as the ones I have seen in Turkey for a much cheaper price. I guess I have to think very carefully about where I want to purchase and what my priorities are. However, I can't change my budget, that's fixed. I shall still visit NC for a look see. Once I go in to some local agents I'll have a better idea of what's available as I don't mind buying a 10 year old villa that needs doing up, so maybe that's where I need to concentrate my search on.

TUNALI I CON

Message Posted:
03/12/2007 09:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 34 in Discussion

Hi AbbyG we have aparments in Central Kyrenia nearly finished.If you intersted you can visit http://www.tunaliinsaat.com

DONTY

Message Posted:
03/12/2007 11:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 34 in Discussion

abbyg

40k is very unlikely to get you a villa in N. Cyprus unless its very old and in need of major work. if you find a new one for this it will have to be small or badly built or in a horrible location and probably all three!

AbbyG

Message Posted:
03/12/2007 14:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 34 in Discussion

Hi DONTY - I agree with what you've stated about a villa for my price bracket.

I wonder if I’ve been making a mistake when I say I’m looking for ‘re-sale’ because it seems that in NC that appears to mean an off-plan property that has been purchased then as soon as it is finished it is put up for sale, without ever being used, at a profit. I don’t want to look at buying that kind of property at all. I might as well buy off-plan myself and save myself a bundle. What I mean is I want to buy an older property, even 20 years old, NOT a new property. That’s why I seem to be having difficulty finding what I’m looking for on the various websites. Everything is either spanking new, or just a year or so old. What I would love to find is an older house in a village someplace (as long as I can easily get to supermarkets, restaurants, etc on public transport or a moped), that is structurally sound but cheap because it is in need of total modernization, perhaps ripping out the kitchen and bathroom and putting in new, etc. It seems that a lot of Europeans prefer to buy new builds as they like the idea of being the ‘first in’. Surely there are lots of older style properties out there for sale? I just have to find one.

grahamlil

Message Posted:
03/12/2007 14:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 34 in Discussion

abbyG

Book a trip, go and have a look, I think you will be pleasently supprised, websites are great "but" there is nothing like first hand research, you say you don't want an apartment, when you have looked at a few I think you might change your mind, value for money is outstanding.

Regards grahamlil

ukturk

Message Posted:
03/12/2007 15:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 34 in Discussion

hi abby

i hope you found my emails usefull and did you look at turkish airlines about flying to cyprus from libya

the resale bracket can mean many things like what donty said a invester who has bought a few properties then is selling them on at a profit, could also mean someone who has lived in it then is selling it, could also mean a developer who is selling the property that they bought back of a customer and also mean a property that needs updating or complete renovation

with your budget it is going to be a bit hard but the best bet is for you to come over and look for yourself, and also dont limit yourself to just girine (like i said in email) you could find in famagusta in all the villages around there i found a few properties for you to look at linl provided below

http://www.donaghyandbeyler.com/properties.php

http://www.cyprusnorthernproperty.com/cnp/properties.aspx?Search=1&Price=60000&PriceFilter=<

hope this helps

regards ukturk

jetl3on

Message Posted:
03/12/2007 17:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 34 in Discussion

Abby you just confirmed something I experienced on my inspection trip recently, I went there aimed at viewing as many re-sale properties as possible, but was dissapointed tge agent didnt really show me any, which he explained as follows:

the NC market is very new and `resale` is limited as developers descended on the island within the last few years after the Orams case, which is why most of what is available is new build or being built. Unless you want an old 70`s style apartment which does not look as nice aesthetically or benefit from better build quality.

The properties built earlier, they have learnt alot since then, in materials used and method of construction and are applying these to new builds, improving the quality as the next project comes along, things like underground water and electricity for example, use of outside space, design etc.

This is different for villas obviously, but for buyers of apartments, this statement seems to make sense, not sure what others thought.

Jetleon

pilgrim

Message Posted:
03/12/2007 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 34 in Discussion

plenty of apartments available from people who bought in 2003/2004 offplan just 4 investment in Bogas/famagusta area, now trying to take profit

AbbyG

Message Posted:
04/12/2007 10:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 34 in Discussion

grahamlil & pilgrim: Thanks for your posts. The reason I am being so stubborn about ignoring apartments (even though I know financially it would be more viable) is mainly because I've had so many problems in the past with noisey upstairs or downstairs neighbours. Even the apartment block I'm currently living in, which only has 4 apartments, is causing me grief because the guy downstair is so NOISEY it's driving me crazy. I'd be gutted if I forked out my life savings on an apartment only to find I have a neighbour from hell that I'm stuck with for eternity. Also, after years of living in apartments, I want my own little garden!!! Hence my stubborness to get what I want. I'm like a woman possessed! grahamlil: for sure, when I come out in February I need to have a good look around, with some smaller agents, and hopefully will be pleasantly surprised by so many lovely cheap older houses that I won't know which one to choose!! (I have to remain optimistic)

ukturk: all of your emails have been gratefully received; infact, I've just sent you a message prior to coming on this forum. I can get a flight from Tripoli to Lefkosa on a Saturday and get a connecting flight to Ercan on the same day. However, I can't book online so I have to find a Turkish Airlines office/agent in Tripoli, which will not be easy as we don't have the luxury of things like yellow pages or directory enqiries here. I'll take a look at the 2 websites that you've listed again, as I have looked at them before and didn't find anything the first time round. Maybe I'm not that good at using the internet, because everyone else seems to find all sorts of weird and wonderful things and I seem to find zilch. Maybe I need to get my nerdy teenage nephews to do searches for me!!!!

jetl3on: your comments have also been confirmed by Ercan in a previous email he sent me, warning me about building quality on older properties not being as good as recent builds. I will make sure that a surveyor confirms that any property I buy is structurally sound. One agent, Busy Bees, have confirmed that they look for older style properties for their clients, so I am hopeful that they will prove useful. Thanks for your comments.

Graham

Message Posted:
04/12/2007 12:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 34 in Discussion

Abby the estate agents below sell resale properties, three people I know are selling through them. I have no knowledge as whether these agents are good or bad.

http://www.select-estates-cyprus.com

Graham

AbbyG

Message Posted:
04/12/2007 13:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 34 in Discussion

Thank you Graham, will give them a try

Emre161104

Message Posted:
04/12/2007 15:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 34 in Discussion

Hi AbbyG

Troy Lake have a resale property PLOT 43 at £115,000 4 bedroom, private pool discounted from £135,000.

The owner is apparently in the RAF and has had to move to Canada so now wants to sell.

Have a look at the villas on http://www.troylake.com

Othello I & II

lovingcyprus

Message Posted:
04/12/2007 15:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 34 in Discussion

Emre161104

I think that as AbbyG only has £40,000 available the property you mention is just a bit beyond her reach!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jessy

Message Posted:
04/12/2007 18:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 34 in Discussion

Unwins advising clients to sell their resales at sensible prices, and not what the client thinks their worth.

Donoghy and beyler also.

jessy

Message Posted:
04/12/2007 18:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 34 in Discussion

Unwins advising clients to sell their resales at sensible prices, and not what the client thinks their worth.

Donoghy and beyler also.

jessy

Message Posted:
04/12/2007 18:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 34 in Discussion

Donoghy and beyler also.

DONTY

Message Posted:
04/12/2007 18:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 34 in Discussion

Emre

it seems you really are in love with Troy lake and know a lot about them which is very positive stuff.

which other companies are you looking at? have you heard anything positive about anyone else or are you just going to view one developers build?

AbbyG

Message Posted:
05/12/2007 08:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 34 in Discussion

Emre161104:

I nearly choked on my coffee when I read your wonderful suggestion! As lovingcyprus points out, if only my budget would stretch that far ........... However, the thought that ONE DAY I'll be able to afford a 4 bed villa with a private pool gives me reason to get out of bed and go to work every day.

Emre161104

Message Posted:
05/12/2007 14:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 34 in Discussion

yes infact i am viewing others!! northernland, new villas, noyanlar, meadview.

in love with them no, can see good value for money when it hits me in the face YES.

Please dont think that i would only view ONE development or even One builder!

DONTY

Message Posted:
05/12/2007 17:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 34 in Discussion

emre

it hasnt hit you in the face yet as you havent seen it!

sorry if ive got you wrong but your posts have almost sounded like you are trying to push their product! you sound like a very satisfied previous customer which you have told us you arent.....yet.

i certainly wouldnt recommend a product to others based solely on talking to a sales person and reading some sales material.

also your heading 'Troy Lake UK (Cyprus) Ltd' makes me suspicious. too exact, Troy Lake would have done.

anyhow..... what do you think of northernland? im intrigued!

pilgrim

Message Posted:
05/12/2007 21:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 34 in Discussion

I met owners of northernland, seem genuine guys, building pretty villas in Iskele.worth a look

DONTY

Message Posted:
07/12/2007 11:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 34 in Discussion

emre

what can you tell us about northernland, noyanlar and medview after your research?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.