North Cyprus Tourist Board - TRNC Permits
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > TRNC Permits

TRNC Permits

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
17/01/2009 10:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Headline todays CT - "NEW PERMITS CRACKDOWN"

For ease I have edited down but quote as appropriate.

Government state they are giving until 30th June for people to get relevant work or residency permits. Every ex-pat aged 18 or over needs a residency permit or work permit if employed.

Natfiye Gunlap head of Immigration Office states "we have had many complaints at the 'border' with people claiming they did not know or have not been informed. So here we are informing everyone that they should get their relevant permissions".

People caught without relevant documents face deportation or fines based on the minimum wage (currently 1,190tl).

"There will be a minimum wage penalty for those who have not got permission"...."They will pay on a daily basis".

"Those unable to pay the penalty will be free to leave the island but will be charged double if they want to come back. If they are still unable to pay they will be refused entry"

scampy

Message Posted:
17/01/2009 10:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

if its the case of all people over 18, why then did my daughter who is 12 have 90 days written in her passport when she came back from visiting her dad in the uk last summer

I have had residency here for 7 years

Why ?????

Susie x

gates

Message Posted:
17/01/2009 10:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

its about time good

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
17/01/2009 11:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

CiH re msg 1

I'd like to see the "TRNC" govt ban someone from the *island*... ! NOTHING to stop you coming to Cyprus via LCA/ PFO ..

This work permit ( irrelevant to EU citizen in "rump" RoC) / residency permit ( not needed - free of charge Residency registration ) can be kissed goodbye when the settlement is finally banged out.

I keep asking, WHAT happens if you work, say, in "South Nicosia"...? ( like so many TCs)..

Who would tax you, and if "TRNC" is a "country", surely when you cross to t'other side you have left the country?..

Now.. if you have a place both sides - where are you resident - if you spend weekends in the scenically more appealing ( to me) "north", but spend more time in the "south" ?

If you buy a car and drive it both "sides", where has it to be registered?

gates

Message Posted:
17/01/2009 11:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

all people trnc workers in the south pay there taxs to the south and have to have a permit to work same as those who do viser verser

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
17/01/2009 12:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

re msg 5

I'm quite CERTAIN that TCs do not need work permits to work in the "rump" RoC .. they MUST be treated as Cypriots..if what you say WAS true, and they hold a RoC passport that would be ILLEGAL. the RoC would be subject to heavy fines.

They might need to register for a social (nat) Insurance Number.

gates

Message Posted:
17/01/2009 13:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

well that must work both ways then my tur cyp mate works in us embassy and pays tax over there pahaps if acyp you can work both sides

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
17/01/2009 13:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Can't speak for GCs in the "north" but for SURE, a TC can work in the "south"..

So, if a TC can, then a UK/ IRL or any EU citizen living in the "north" can, too.

Right, then.. now we ned to work out how the "TRNC" would treat the tax / residency situ of a

1/ TC

2/ an EU citizen

living in the "north" but working in the "south"..

Surely they can't be taxed twice.. ?

ISMET... ?;)

gates

Message Posted:
17/01/2009 14:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

any eu person can work in the south eng fre any but you cant work out side the eu anywere in the world without a work permit full stop if they unify the country and we enter the eu ghen you dont need a work perit turks need a work permit but because your english you dont a when you come here you are told you need a work permit so if you want to work just get one

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
17/01/2009 14:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Dear Gates re msg 9

Not strictly correct..

I could, as an EU citizen, work freely in Switzerland or Norway .. part of the EEA ( not EU) with the minimum of fuss. It's not just the EU..where it's citizens SHOULD be able to work without too much red tape

You are already IN the EU, it's just that the acquis coordinaire is suspended north of the Green Line as the govt can't enforce it's laws. This is WHY all EU citizens and those of EEA or their family members.. even if say, Russian, can work can work ( HA.. are you listening RoC Ministry of Interior?) in the "rump" RoC.

I'm not English..;)

Thanks for your input.. I know one can apply to "TRNC" for a work permit, and if you want to open a "biz" you must lodge a big deposit...

So, what's to stop someone opening a virtual biz in the "south" - very easy - getting bank facilities and you can even accept credit cards or paypal.. with a RoC / UK Virtual private network - all things are possible..

So, who would tax y

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.