North Cyprus Tourist Board - Reception Problems Channel 4
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Reception Problems Channel 4

Reception Problems Channel 4

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

LaptaDave

Message Posted:
13/12/2007 16:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 28 in Discussion

My Friend has just installed a 4.2 Metre Dish in Lapta. But after 3 p.m. he loses channel 4 and Sky Sports Extra. Can anyone in Cyprus get Channel 4 and Sky Sports Extra 24 hours a day. No Problems with BBC or ITV.

LaptaDave

ukturk

Message Posted:
13/12/2007 17:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 28 in Discussion

hi laptadave

welcome to the forum

firstly mate you can get chan 4 but recently the signal has dropped a bit this is due to it changing transponders and it should be sorted within a few weeks sky sports extra is on the same transponder

their is a other way of trying to get it mate firstly go into you sky menu ans system setup and find the menu add channels once in this menu type in the frequency 12.168 v polarity 27500 symbol rate and 2/3 fec and then press on search if this dont work try frequency 12.480 v polarity 27500 symbol rate and 2/3 fec once you have stored these chanells to access them you have to go in to other channels to watch them, if this dont work mate then you friend will have to wait till it sorts itself out, this always happens around the winter time (more clouds and rain) in the summer its ok, also the dish quailty has a mojor role in it aswell the best dishes to use are aluminum rather than fibre glass or polyester the reason for this is because in the winter when it rains the fibre glass and polyester dishes absorbs the rain which in turn decreases the quality of the dish opposed to alley dishes (fibre glass dishes life around 5 years - alley dishes 20 years but fibre glass dishes are cheaper comparerd to alley dishes) also mate the reciver you use also helps for fringe reception the best to use is pace or the old panasonic recivers the new fancy looking ones are rubbish

i hope i have not confused you and this helps

if you need any more help please dont hesitate in posting me

regards

ukturk

Erkankilim

Message Posted:
13/12/2007 17:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 28 in Discussion

Call Acip he is the expert for Sky

Erkankilim

Message Posted:
13/12/2007 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 28 in Discussion

Acip number 0533 840 22 07

LaptaDave

Message Posted:
13/12/2007 18:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 28 in Discussion

Cheers Mate. How about Setanta Sports 1. He can receive a good strong signal on his freeview box, but no signal on his Sky box ?.If he Subsribes to that can he get it on the Add channels. ?.

JulieSmith

Message Posted:
13/12/2007 18:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 28 in Discussion

Hi UKTurk.

I see a Ad in the Cyprus Today about this Sat System. I gave them a ring, this guy will install 3 Dishes, one on Nilesat the other on Hotbird and the 3 rd Dish to download signals from a Satelite, does anyone use this System to Unscramble channels, i.e Showtime or shall i go for an official Cold Sat Card. I am trying to find the Cheapest method to watch Showtime as i already have two dishes one on Turksat and the other on Hotbird and i am not happy with this System. I have been quoted £ 380 for the Showtime Card Subscription.

Julie from Lapta

ukturk

Message Posted:
13/12/2007 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 28 in Discussion

no probs mate

again this chanel is quite weak and this depends on your sky box aswell which i mentioned earlier, the best thing to do is a manual search the freq is 12.560 h polarity 27500 symbol 2/3 if it finds it then subscribe to the package, if not if you can get hold of another sky box test it with this and compare another way to compare boxes is to go in to menu again and go into system setup and then signal test then look at the second option signal quality and test it from this

also mate ask your mate what lnb (the obbject on the satellite) has he got on his dish the best to have for big dishes is a invacom lnb

theres a third option you can go for but this is quite technical what you do is dis regard your sky box and use a normal satelite reciver but this has to have a module slot a module is like a universal adapter that you put your sky cards in and then you put it in your noraml reciver this way you dont need your sky box (sky boxes are just for u.k cos there tuner is not that good for abroad)

the name of the module you need is called a 'dragon cam' these cost between 100-150ytl - if you contact a bloke called ice man he might be able to get you one his number is 0533 861 0329

hope this all helps mate

ukturk

LaptaDave

Message Posted:
13/12/2007 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 28 in Discussion

Hey UKTurk

I just game him a ring. Success he gets Channel 4 London on Add channels. Cheers. He can not get Setanta Sports on 12.560 he gets it on 11585/H/27500, he is Scottish he wants to watch the football. If it is not on Sky EPG will it work, if he Subscribes, he says signal is stronger that the BBC.

Lapta Dave

ukturk

Message Posted:
13/12/2007 21:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 28 in Discussion

hi laptadave

no probs i prob saved your mate some money there by calling out someone to look at it!!!! lol tell him him he owes me a drink or two but not at that place you was going on about in another subject LOL

ok back to the subject the setanta sports he gets on 11.585 freq is actually setanta sports ireland thats why it is not on the sky epg because his card and box origanally comes from scotland or england, the channel is exactly the same as normal setanta sports just with irish adverts but to subscibe to this channel you have to be a resident of ireland or you can take out subscriptions with companies in cyprus but you will pay more, around £150 a year for the card and admin and a couple of quid extra a month

all my years of living in turkey and cyprus i have discovered that sky is actually not very good for football coverage, there are many other channels that show every single game on a sat,sun widweek, for your mate who i presume wants to watch scotish football aswell may i suggest your mate getting a 90cm dish and a normal sat reciver pointed at the turksat satellite on this sat there are four turkish channels - buisness channel freq 12133.50/v/3333 for at least 2 scotish games on a sat - fox freq 12021.50/h/5380 for 2 games on a sat & sun and some weekend games - tv8 freq 11830.50/v/6666 for all fa cup games - star freq 11794.00/h/5632 for champ league but all turkish commentary

this system will only cost him 200-300ytl around £135 and this is a one off payment this works out cheaper than setanta sports and prob sky sports,and this sytem can run along side his sky box on the same tv

hope this all help you

regards

ukturk

LaptaDave

Message Posted:
14/12/2007 00:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 28 in Discussion

One More Question buddy. Can we receive Sky Sports 1 HD and Sky Sports 2 HD in Lapta. 24/7. If so which is the best box for fringe Area Reception. Hey mate you should take this up as Living, become a Sat installer.

ukturk

Message Posted:
14/12/2007 01:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 28 in Discussion

hi mate

you can receive sky sports 1 hd but again check on your normal receiver just go to sky sports hd channel and see what it says if it says no satellite signal being received then you cant get it

the best recevier for fringe reception there are not many to choose from but the thomson dsi8215 with 300gb hard driveperforms quite well, to get the hd channels you have to pay sky a one off payment of £30 then another £10 extra on top of your subscription for sky sports the box goes for around £200 but ive seen some floating around e-bay for £80-£100, not sure if you know mate you will need a hdmi cable from the back of the receiver to the hdmi slot at the back of the lcd or plasma and to get full hd experiance the lcd or plazma has to be full hd 1080i but the normal hd ready tv's do a good enuf job

in actual fact mate this and many other trades and services i make a living out of plus its a keen hobby of mine ive got a motorised dish myself and i get sky aswell as many hundreds of extra good quality channels

also i forgot to say to get the best out of your hd box you need two lnb's on your dish that way you can record a program on one channel while you are watching another program on another channel, if you dont get another lnb you can only record the channel you are watching

regards

ukturk

sylvie

Message Posted:
24/03/2008 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 28 in Discussion

does anyone knows what stellite i must have to get french channels - and wih one - many thanks

ukturk

Message Posted:
25/03/2008 11:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 28 in Discussion

hi sylvie

for all the best french channels you have to have a dish pointed at hotbird and you can recieve channels like tps-multivision-tv5-france 1-2-3-4-5, canal +, and many more

hope this helps

ukturk

sylvie

Message Posted:
26/03/2008 21:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 28 in Discussion

thanks but tps doesn't exist anymore it has been bought by canalsat and canalsat is on astra - do you think we can buy the astra pointer and have it in cyprus - girne - how big must be the parabole - we built in zeytinlik -

ukturk

Message Posted:
27/03/2008 10:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 28 in Discussion

hi sylvie

even thou canalsat bought out tps belive you me tps does still exist im watching it at the moment and all you need is a dish pointed at hotbird and a receiver the best one is a next ye2000 fta which unlocks all the tps channels and absat packages

take a look http://www.flysat.com/tps.php

hope this helps

ukturk

sylvie

Message Posted:
27/03/2008 15:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 28 in Discussion

thanks ukturk, wgat do you mean when you wrtie the best one is a next ye2000fta - how much does it cost in cyprus - and do we have to pay monthly to get the channel some are free -

about tps - indeed, they keep the name but as you said i beleive you if you can point the dish is sufficient -

oups, i realize my engish is terrible when it is the matter of talking technical points !!!!!

ukturk

Message Posted:
27/03/2008 16:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 28 in Discussion

hi sylvie

when i say the next ye2000fta is the best receiver this box unlocks all the tps channels because as you know all tps channels you have to pay for, but with this box you wont have to pay no monthly fee, the box should cost no more than 180ytl but make sure who ever you buy this box from they update the box with the latest sowtware

hope this helps

ukturk

sylvie

Message Posted:
27/03/2008 22:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 28 in Discussion

hello ukturk,

very good, because i have it in france and i pay for it -

where can we buy this receiver in girne or nicosia - can you let me know where you both yours - if it is no more expensive than that i wont bother to bring mine from france and anyway it migth not be ok in cypus it works with a card inserted inside a slot - what about the dish about big does t have to be and what is the cost of it - are you living in cyprus permanetly ?

thank for all these informations

sylvie

Message Posted:
27/03/2008 23:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 28 in Discussion

srry i just read my message back and i noticed so many mistakes - i have o cange my key- board - hope you understood my message!!!

ukturk

Message Posted:
28/03/2008 13:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 28 in Discussion

hi sylvie

you should be able to find this reciever in any staellite shop in girne or nicosia, it wont cost no more than what i said, even if you bring your box from france to cyprus it will work all you will need is a plug converter, if you buy the box in cyprus you can even take it back to france with you because it will work there no problem, all you will need is a 90cm dish to pick up hotbird in cyprus to pay someone to get the dish the box and install yuo should pay no more 250-280ytl,

i am turkish cypriot but i live in turkey most of the year and spend up to 3 months in cyprus and spent 27 years in london, england

take care

ukturk

sylvie

Message Posted:
28/03/2008 14:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 28 in Discussion

how fantastic i is but let me know - when you say i could even bring the receiver in france does it means that if i plug that receiver at home i will get he channels for free or does it unlock only in cyprus and how is it possible ?

ukturk

Message Posted:
28/03/2008 15:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 28 in Discussion

hi

the receiver will work anywhere in the world as long as your dish is pointed at hotbird so yes it will work in france, as long as the reciever is what i said a next ye2000fta with the latest software instaled to open tps, this software cracks the codes for tps and all you do to open these channels is press one button on the remote control while you are on the channel and you will watch it with no problems

regards

ukturk

sylvie

Message Posted:
28/03/2008 20:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 28 in Discussion

whoo, i just cant believe it- of course i do believe you - so the only thing we have to do is to find someone in girne or nicosia who will come and install the dish and set the receiver - my husband is going back on monday to girne but he doesn't understand a thing of theses technical problems - i will give him the details you gave me so he will be able to find the right person -

you told me that we only need a 90cm dish because i asked last year "tecktan"in girne and he told me you should get a very big one - he wasn't clear enough so i didn't go through !!! does that receiver used very often by people in cyprus - did you experiment it in cyprus yourself ?

thanks for all the informations you are really the very best member of that forum !!! the most helpful i mean !!!

amicalement

ukturk

Message Posted:
29/03/2008 11:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 28 in Discussion

hi sylvie

in cyprus not a lot of people know about the next receiver that it can unlock all the tps channels aswell as a few other english channels, most people in cyprus go for a big dish to watch sky or they just get digiturk, also many english people dont know that most of all the tps channels like multivision - tps star - all the c cinema channels can be switched to english

i only use next recievers and reconmend them, they are one of the best on the market to unlock channels which you normally pay for

i hope this has helped you in your mission to watch french channels and thank you for your kind words

warm regards

ukturk

sylvie

Message Posted:
29/03/2008 14:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 28 in Discussion

an other question : is it necessary to have a 90 cm dish - would an 80 one do ?

so i will let Mehmet, my husband, to manage to find that receiver - i hope he does find it !!! he just said to me that if you were leaving in girne it wold have been much easier for him !!! he knows so much about other things but when he is watching satellite and if there is a problem he just call me - even if i am sleeping ! i am joking it i not so bad - i hope we can buy it over there if not we will have to get one from turkey -

merci,

amicalement

sylvie

Message Posted:
29/03/2008 14:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 28 in Discussion

an other question : is it necessary to have a 90 cm dish - would an 80 one do ?

so i will let Mehmet, my husband, to manage to find that receiver - i hope he does find it !!! he just said to me that if you were leaving in girne it wold have been much easier for him !!! he knows so much about other things but when he is watching satellite and if there is a problem he just call me - even if i am sleeping ! i am joking it i not so bad - i hope we can buy it over there if not we will have to get one from turkey -

which one is better for us : there are few ref : next 2000 hdtv,2000 dpcis,cis super plus !!!! and you gave me next ye 2000 fta -

merci,

amicalement

ukturk

Message Posted:
29/03/2008 15:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 28 in Discussion

hi sylvie

i say 90cm because i have never heard of anyone using or selling 80cm dishes, yes you are right there are a few different 2000 series the 2000hdtv is for connecting lcd or plazma tv to recieve high definition channels not suitable for you because they are expensive, the dpcis is for systems that are motorised and there dish is bigger than a 1.2 metre (i have this model), the cis super plus has a card slot and a cam slot (not worth it), then there is the cx super plus this has just a card slot, the one i said to you is the fta which has no card slot or cam slot

they are all basically the same box i would either go for the fta model or the cx super plus model at least with the cx super plus model if you want you could bring your tps card over from france with you and you can put the card into the box and it will work fine, because the codes for tps sometimes change and the box will have to be updated but this only happens every 8-10 months but with the next box it is easily updated, also all these models has a usb port so you can view all your pictures and videos and music thru your tv and you can also record programmes by connecting a flash dish to the usb port

i am sure you will be able to find these boxes in cyprus but if you cant you can order here from turkey i could even get you one and send it to you, if you want you can email me and we can discuss how we can do this

regards

ukturk

sylvie

Message Posted:
29/03/2008 21:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 28 in Discussion

i have sent you an e-mail did you get it?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.