North Cyprus Tourist Board - SKY TV in North Cyprus - Help please
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > SKY TV in North Cyprus - Help please

SKY TV in North Cyprus - Help please

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

davidoff

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 14:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 86 in Discussion

Hi all,

I am a bit confused and was wondering if anyone could help us???

We are not sure whether sky tv i.e the box set and cards are available to purchase in NC or not???

Are they registered in NC to provide sky tv???

If not Ive heard you can buy a box in the uk and register it in the uk and a sky card also???

But if this is the case then do we need a proper sat engineer in NC to come over and connect it for us etc???

Also what other cables and connections will we need to buy and how do you connect it all up properly???

I have heard others in NC receive SKY already did they buy in the uk and take it over then???

OR are certain sky channels available through other staellite providers in NC i.e through turkcell, digiturk etc???

IF SO then what english sky channels can you get through these companies????

Sorry for all the questions just need to know how to go about getting SKY for definate in NC???

Thanx in advance!!!

Take care-D

ukturk

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 15:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 86 in Discussion

hi davidoff

not sure if you read my comments on your tatlisu post

but ill go thru it again for you (just for you) l.o.l

firstly you can buy the boxes with a card in north cyprus but the box can cost anything up to 200pound (expensive) you also get a free to view card which opens all the bbc channels, all the itv channels, channel 4, channel 5, sky 3, film4, sky news, movies 4 men 1&2, true movies 1&2 with the free to view card you dont have to pay monthly the best bet see if you can bring a box and card from the u.k (you can buy second hand boxes from places like car boot sales etc)

if you want to take out a subscription then the best bet is to do this in the u.k and set up a direct debit from your u.k bank to pay the monthly cost

this way you get a free box then all you do is unplug the box with the card in it then just bring it out to cyprus with you but remember dont tell sky you going to do this because sky is only for the u.k but they wont find out unless you tell them

the min size of the dish you need to pick up the sky signal is 1.8 metre dish but with this size you cant pick up the signal for any of the bbc channels or the itv channels but all the other channels you can get, if you want to pick up the bbc and itv channels you will need a bigger dish 4.5 metre dish

to install these dishes you dont a sky installer to do this any installer will do all you tell him is that you what the dish allingned to sky which is the astra satellite (sky is the broadcasting company & astra is the actual satellite that sky is on)

the other option you can go for is digiturk not turkcell (mobile phone operator)

with this the installer will come round install a dish 90cm in size this will cost 45ytl (18pound) and they supply you with a box (but you give this back when you cancel the contract) and you pay 45ytl for the install with this the cheapest package is 19.90ytl (8pound) with this package you get some turkish channels aswell as english e.g - bbc prime (a spin off bbc1) - cnbce - e2 - bbc world news - hallmark channel - mgm - disney channel - jetix - nickeldeon - mtv - history channel - zone reality - 2 national geographic channels - eurosport 1&2 - extreme channel, there other packages aswell which include the above channels with extra movie channels and more these packages are 35ytl then the next package 44ytl

ok a quick summary if you going to have sky with or without a subscription bring the box over from the u.k (remember dont tell sky u r doing this) all you do is buy the dish and cables from cyprus and have a installer to come round and do this for you

hope this all help you

if you need any more help just post me

regards

ukturk

wackyjim

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 15:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 86 in Discussion

Hi Davidoff

Ercan is pretty much spot on in what he says, you could also look up Iceman who knows just about all there is to know about Sky in TRNC

http://www.skycyprus.com

Jim

McSteviet

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 16:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 86 in Discussion

Ercan,

This is great info. How much is a 4.5 mtr dish?

I assume this has to go on the ground? as it's too big for the roof?

Steve

ukturk

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 17:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 86 in Discussion

hi steve

thank you

a 4.5 metre dish costs around 1000pound give or take 100 or so, it can go on the roof but has to be fitted properly not by mustafa from the local village L.O.L

prob the best bet is to fit on the ground

hope thıs helps

regards

erkan mate not ercan im not the airport l.o.l

take care

dy1259

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 17:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 86 in Discussion

How would you get round Sky wanting the telephone line always connected to their box?

McSteviet

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 17:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 86 in Discussion

Sorry mate lol

dy1259

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 17:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 86 in Discussion

Erkan, my brother's not the airport!! LOL.

spud1

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 18:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 86 in Discussion

dy1257 you dont need a telephone line on your sky box i have 2 sky boxes at home in the uk 1 has never had a telephone connection

dy1259

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 86 in Discussion

spud1, you're lucky. I used to get nasty letters from Sky if I didn't have both my sky boxes telephone connected.

davidoff

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 19:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 86 in Discussion

Hi all,

Thanx alot for all the advice!

But in the uk I already have 2 sky boxes at home that have the whole package already!

So I wonder how much it will cost for another extra box and extra card also???

Also when a fitter comes to install wont they grass or report you for having one over there aswell??? As I wouldnt want the police coming round to confiscate it and issue me with a hefty fine and warning!!!

OR WORSE ARREST ME- They cant can they???

With the freeview option how does that work if your not paying any monthly costs then???

Who funds it???

I know theres freeview in the uk but they must be making money from it from somewhere- as noone gives away anything for free in life??

Take care-D

P.S-Sorry for the essay of questions again!!!!

sids1969

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 21:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 86 in Discussion

the phone line only needs to be connected for 12 months if you have a subsidised package from sky i.e free install and box. this is so they can dial in and see your viewing profile they then specifically market to you products they feel you will be interested in and likely to buy,they also sell this info to other companies it is a big earner for sky after all how do you think they can give you a free box and installation,

after the agreed minimum subscription period the box is yours and you can disconnect the phone line and take it with you but as previously mentioned dont tell sky as they are only licensed to sell subscription packagesl to uk market

you could also just buy a box outright and as long as the billing address for the sky package subscription is in the uk there will be no problem

hope this helps

ukturk

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 22:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 86 in Discussion

hi there guys

firstly davidoff how is sky going to find out, even if you order another subscription for your home you can tell sky that someone in your house wants it in their room but wants a seperate contract, the reason sky wants the second box connected to a telephone line is because sky offer the second box's package for £10 and they dont want you either taking it abroad or selling the package on remember you save at least £30 but the way i said you dont have to have the phone connected and do not worry the police wont come knocking all the worst can happen is that sky cancel your contrct and want their box back

the free to view option is actually subsidized by everyone who pays a tv licence beause these channels are actually included in your licence fee like i said you can buy a second hand box of ebay or down your local car boot sale and dont worry if it has not got a card a lot of people dont know this you can actually order a card for these channels direct from sky link provided below

http://www.freesatfromsky.com/?pID=1

you can also buy the box from them for £150 if you want but they still have to come and install a dish (but you just take it down) or if you do buy the box from somewhere else you can just buy the card for £20 just click on q&a on the home page for more info on this

dixons are doing a deal for a box and card for £75 but they are sold out till mid nov link below

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/editorial/skytv

lets say you dont wont to go through the hassle by going direct to sky for a subscription there is a company i know off based in london where you can get a subscription off all you do is pay them between £100-£150 a year for their services then you pay them either a years money or you give them your card details to provide sky dont worry they are a big company a lot of people do it this way in europe a lot of you are saying about card security well all you do is get another card just for this with a £500 limit on it just to cover the years subscription simple!!!!

http://www.insatinternational.com/

if you do email them contact a guy called mitch and tell him that erkan who used to live round the corner from him in palmers green but now lives in turkey

hope this all helps take care all

ukturk

donna your brother must feel honourerd for a airport to be named after him L.O.L

im not on that level yet but i do have a new motto tell me what you think

'if anyone can erkan can'!!!!!!! L.O.L - L.O.L

dy1259

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 22:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 86 in Discussion

Very apt motto Erkan 'if anyone can, can, Erkan can... I've had a couple of glasses of wine to tonight, my son's birthday, bit tipsy-yeah that's all it takes. Being a good muslim and all that, I only drink a little alcholloly....try again, alcohol..hmmm splet correctly, must be sobering up. LOL.

ukturk

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 22:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 86 in Discussion

hi stevie

i forgive you mate only this time dont let it happen again ok!!!!! L.O.L

take care

regards

ERKAN (ukturk)

Graham

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 23:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 86 in Discussion

This is the system we use in Cyprus to watch Digiturk with using the small dish secured to villa wall with brackets supplied. The box is preprogrammed for all saterlites so will pick Sky up if you use the right dish. Every so often Maplins sell these at half price.

Found watching Turkish programs helped with the Turkish lessons

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=48737&doy=10m11#overview

Graham

ukturk

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 23:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 86 in Discussion

hi donna

you shud drink more often you are even more funnier!!!! l.o.l you will burn in hell!!!!!!!!!!! for ONLY drinking a couple of glasses to get you tipsy on your sons birthday so disrespectfull on your son l.o.l happy birthday to him by the way my b-day is on the 20th yes i am a scorpio yes i know vicious sting l.o.l

so is that your new motto for me then 'if anyone can do the can can erkan can'

what you saying i shud go to france put on a skirt get on the stage and do the can can!!!!!!!! thats nice thought you was a friend l.o.l

take care and dont drink to much and then type!!!!!! l.o.l

ukturk

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 23:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 86 in Discussion

hi graham

sorry mate you dont actually get digiturk you get a satellite called turksat which has all the turkish channels and four english channels on it cnbce - e2 - buisnell channel - bbcworld, because with digiturk you have to pay a monthly subscription and you use their own boxes supplied by them

and your right with this reciver you can pick up sky but you will only get sky news, qvc, and loads of rubbish because to reciver all the sky channels you need a sky box and card either it be subscription or free to view

Graham

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 23:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 86 in Discussion

Hi ukturk

sorry I didn't make all that clear but if I wanted to watch uk programs I would have bought a caravan on the east coast, ie Skeggy.

Graham

Graham

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 23:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 86 in Discussion

After thought you do not need a viewing card for BBC1,BBC2 & ITV1

Graham

ukturk

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 23:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 86 in Discussion

hi all

i might aswell say the third option other than sky - diditurk

what graham is talking about what you do is buy a normal satellite reciver and with lets say 2 x 90cm dishes, have one pointed at a satellite named hotbird you get about 20 english channels including bbc prime (bbc1 spin off) of this and the other can be pointed at turksat which has loads of turkish channels with about 4 channels in english but also has 2 live football games on sat/sun

or instead of turksat it can be pointed at nilesat which has about 10 english channels on it like movies - general entertainment - cartoons and sports

if you do go for this option i would reconmend a brand called next a very good machine it also unlocks some pay tv channels on these satelites

this option is by far the cheapest option cos all you do is buy the equipment for around 450ytl - £180 fully fitted and no monthly fees but i tell you now these are not the same channels you are used to in the u.k with sky

hope this helps

regards

ukturk

dy1259

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 23:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 86 in Discussion

Erkan, when you go to France and put on your skirt, then do your can, can....Erkan can....send us all a photo. LOL.

Happy Birthday to you for the 20th, say it now just in case I'm tipsy and forget.

I'm definitely sobered up-can't remember a thing. What did I say...?

ukturk

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 23:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 86 in Discussion

hi

graham is right you dont need a card to watch bbc1-bbc2 and itv

and im sorry mate im just answering peoples questions on sky tv who might want to watch uk tv programs, i know i do its the only real thing i miss from the u.k being away for the last 8years dont get me wrong i watch turkish tv too and your right on cnbce and e2 they have got turkish subtitles so quite good for learning

regards

ukturk

ukturk

Message Posted:
10/11/2007 23:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 86 in Discussion

hi donna

it beats me what you said you lost me ages ago and i have been sober all night

l.o.l anyways i thought this subject was about uk programs via sky tv you see how we lower the tone kedi bayan (catwoman in turkish)

regards to all

ukturk aka erkan

p.s thanks for the advanced birthday wish dont worry ill remind you again near the date!!!! l.o.l

dy1259

Message Posted:
11/11/2007 00:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 86 in Discussion

Hi Erkan,

I realised I went off-topic and stopped!!!

The Ratman

Message Posted:
09/12/2007 20:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 86 in Discussion

I bought a 4.2m Sky dish when we moved over from the UK in 2006 but have since found a better system at a fraction of the cost. The cost of a Sky dish is a rip off in this country and we recently moved from Karaoglanoglu to Bellpais and they wanted 500 quid to reinstall the dish. What a rip off it would only take one day. So I decided not to bother as I would also have to make a concrete base which would cost over 300 quid. Sky was also a rip off for the complete package as well.

I stumbled across a guy who gives us Showtime tv its an arabic version of sky but all in english. I am footie mad Man utd and they show all the games including Setanta five film channels and many pay per view events that sky rip us off for. We recently watched the Hatton Mayweather fight.

The missus luvs it cos it has Coriie Prison Break Desperate Housewives and better films than Sky ever did.

It costs 40 ytl a month only draw back is you have to be connected to the internet which is not a problem for us cos we already had it.

I am now in the process of selling my Sky dish.

ukturk

Message Posted:
09/12/2007 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 86 in Discussion

hi ratman

i have been using showtime for a very long time now like you said the showtime package is great showsports 1,2,3,4 , showtime series 1 and 2 and not forgetting comedy , and i know exactly what system you use mate its called card sharing and the reason why its connected to the internet is because its hacking the codes of this package

also mate do you know with this deal you got you can get more channels like all euro games, more movie chanells, all the discovery and national geo graphic and much more what you do is get a motor for your dish depending on your size of you dish 1.2m is sufficent but like what i got 1.5m is great

ask this guy who you got it off (at the moment you got the nilesat chanels you can also get hotbird-astra-intelsat chanels) if you can get these chanels if you can get him to put a motor on for you they are not expensive and also mate just sell your dish not your box because you can still use it for the free to air chanels if you get a 1.5m or 1.8m not bbc or itv but channels 4 and 5 , sky 3 and a few more chanels

hope this helps mate

if you need any more help on this matter dont hesitate in posting me or anyone else who is interested in this system

regards

ukturk

Gooner

Message Posted:
11/12/2007 14:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 86 in Discussion

Hı guys

Read thıs post wıth ınterest as I am about to move to a vılla wıthout any sat connectıon what so ever.

UK TURK, the show tıme package sounds fantastıc, and all at a mınınal cost. The place where ım movıng to wıll have ınternet so that wont be a problem. Can you go ınto more detaıl as to how thıs works, set up costs, then monthly costs and who ıd need to speak to please. Beats goıng to the pub to watch Arsenal!

Cheers

Gooner

ukturk

Message Posted:
11/12/2007 15:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 86 in Discussion

hi there gooner

even thou u r a arsenal fan ill give u a hand!!!! lol

ok first you will need at least a 90cm or 1.2mt dish pointed at a satellite called nilesat then you will need a reciver with a ethernet connection on the back of it, like a next 9000 or a dreambox, this system works by connecting the reciver to the internet via the ethernet connection by this way it uses it own server by duplicating the system codes of a exsiting subscriber then is shared among other poeple hence the word card sharing then all you do is watch it on the tv

ok ıntıal set up costs would be around 700ytl to around 1000ytl which is about 300-400 pound with that you will get around 6 months to a year viewing then after you pay around 250-400ytl a year for the packages but like i said before mate if you pay a bit more you can get a motorised dish and this way you can get much more channels ive included a link to the showtime website on what channels you will watch

http://www.showtimearabia.com/on/channels/default_en_gb.aspx

if you contact a bloke called the ice man he knows a bit about the systems his number is 0533 861 0329

i hope this all help you mate

if you need any other help concerning this subject give me a post and ill try and help you

regards

ukturk

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
11/12/2007 17:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 86 in Discussion

Hi gooner

My mates a mad Arsenal supporter. When he was over with me in October he found the Paradise bar on the main road before Alsancak. It seems that this is where most of the gunners hang out and watch the game. The TC owner supposedly used to be on the books at Arsenal and played in the reserves with Liam Brady (although you would not have seen the awesome Brady playing too many reserve games)

Is Fabregas as good as Brady or should I say Brady as good as Fabregas?

Apologies this post probably belongs to the football thread

Gooner

Message Posted:
13/12/2007 14:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 86 in Discussion

Cheers UKTURK, I'll gıve the guy a call after xmas once ıve moved ınto my new place.

I'll have to try paradıse sometıme...

meddmale

Message Posted:
15/12/2007 21:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 86 in Discussion

There are other ways, if you have a fast internet connection you can use TV streaming to watch UK and sky TV on your computer

The other option is if you have a sky at home and a fast internet connection you cheapest route to UK TV and Sky in NC might be by using a “Sling Box” to send your home TV via the internet to your home in Cyprus

I stress again both the above require fast internet connections or they wont work

spud1

Message Posted:
30/12/2007 23:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 86 in Discussion

hi all i am over at my apartment crystall bay view end of jan can someone give me a quote for fitting a 1.8 sky dish with connection to 2 apartments only i will bring out sky receivers from uk with me i have been told you cannot receive all channels with this dish can someone let me know regards spud1

ukturk

Message Posted:
31/12/2007 11:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 86 in Discussion

spud

the price for a 1.8mt dish (bilsat or next) should set you back around 250-350ytl, you will need a twin lnb i reconmend a make called next 0.3db twin lnb these are very good for weak reception the cost of this is 75ytl and then the cables which cost 1ytl a metre the best cable to use is rg6 and then to install should cost you no more than 150ytl-200ytl the best guy to use is ice man his number is 0533 861 0329 but remember spud get him to use the products i said for best reception

as for sky box the best boxes to use for fringe reception especially cyprus and turkey is the pace ds430n or any panasonic box, any of the other boxes especially the new style boxes are not that good to use abroad

as for what channels you will recive depends what card you bring with you if its just the fta card that you can buy from sky for 20pounds you will recive channel 4- 5 - sky 3- sky news- movies for men - movies 24- true movies 1&2 - and a few other channels,also if you have any old subscription cards laying around these automatically turn into fta cards all you do is leave the card in the box for 24 hours and it will open up

if you bring over a subscripton card you will get all the sky movie channels-all sky sports-sky1,2,3- paramount and loads more, but remember if you do bring a subcription card over make sure the box you bring out with you is paired up to the card otherwise the premium channels wont work like sports-movies but all the othr channels will

hope i have not confused you and if you need any more help give me a post

regards

ukturk

ukturk

Message Posted:
31/12/2007 12:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 86 in Discussion

spud

you can always use that website http://www.labpixies.com/campaigns/tv/tv_stations_new.php?country=13&page=1&genre=&search=&sort_by=

to get bbc itv and a few others so you wont miss any channels that way and like i said before you can always link this up to your tv thru a tv card on your comp and cable connected to your tv

ukturk

spud1

Message Posted:
31/12/2007 16:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 86 in Discussion

thanks ukturk i have 2 sky boxes fitted at home i will bring one over on every visit i have all channels bar movies on it will this be ok spud1

ukturk

Message Posted:
31/12/2007 17:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 86 in Discussion

no probs spud

yeah all you do is unplug your skybox from home and take it with you to cyprus and plug it in and you will get all the channels you receive back in the u.k

ukturk

spud1

Message Posted:
31/12/2007 17:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 86 in Discussion

thanks again ukturk will email iceman for a quote spud1

Aussie

Message Posted:
05/01/2008 17:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 86 in Discussion

Dear UkTurk

As the Satellite Guru İ wondered if you know who can unlock access to the encoded Hotbırd channels.

I have just started usıng an exıstıng Next receiver wıth two fıxed dıshes one of whıch accesses Hotbırd but only lets you open a few mıxed and Englısh channels.

Also what is a reasonable price to pay for thıs (İ am located in Esentepe).

Thanks very much for your assıstance

Regards

Aussıe

ukturk

Message Posted:
05/01/2008 23:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 86 in Discussion

hi aussie

sorry did not get back sooner just noticed your thread,

you got a good choice in receiver to unlock all the tps channels, bbc prime and now most of the polish channels which are all in english

the price to have new software and new softcam (technical term) installed on to the recevier is from 10ytl to 20ytl

i can help you more if you can tell me what model it is so i can how you to do it yourself (is it the ye2000 super plus with a usb port)

regards

ukturk

ukturk

Message Posted:
05/01/2008 23:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 86 in Discussion

p.s you say you have two fixed dishes one is pointed at hotbird whats the other one pointed at is it turksat if you dont know what channels have you got on their is cnbce or e2 and load of turk channels,

teddybear

Message Posted:
05/01/2008 23:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 86 in Discussion

Watch you have to be carefull of when taking the sky box and card abroad is that if you have a problem with the chanels and you call for help and they find out that you sre calling from abroad ( and they can check this as it shows up on there soft phone ) they will cancel your card and any other cards that you have with them and you will loose all you channels even in the uk. It has been done in the past when i worked for them

ukturk

Message Posted:
06/01/2008 01:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 86 in Discussion

hi teddybear

and welcome to the forum

even thou at the moment we are talking about other satellites other than sky, you are right if you have a problem with sky, they can see if you are dialling from abroad,

but thers is ways round it firstly if you phone from your cypriot mobile you can hide your number and sky wont see if you are phonning from a foreign phone or use your uk sim card phone and your uk number will be shown to the sky operator, ive done this many times to marry cards to sky boxes

regards

ukturk

Pipie

Message Posted:
06/01/2008 12:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 86 in Discussion

Hi ukturk .

Hope you dan help , on our apartment block a dish with the name technic on (i think ) is on the roof of all blocks , our complex manager sugested digiturk connection , but we would like to know of other offers that are out there .

ukturk

Message Posted:
06/01/2008 14:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 86 in Discussion

hi pipie

welcome to the forum

of course i can help, it does not make any diffrence what make your dish is as long as its pointed at the right satellite i.e digiturk

firstly digiturk is not bad it has many english channels like bbc prime (bbc1 spinoff) mgm, hallmark, national geographic, kids channels etc the cost for this is is 45ytl for install and then you pay min 19.90ytl a month and goes up to 42ytl for full package

the other options to go for are having maybe two 90cm dishes on the roof one pointed at a satellite called hotbird with this you get bbc prime, loads of films channels, cartoon channels, sport and much more these are pay services but depending what recevier you buy i reconmend next this will decode the programes without paying each month

the other dish can be pointed at nilesat this is a arab satelite with arab channels but most of all the channels are all in english with arabic subtitles 3 movie channels, 3 entertainment channels and music channels, there is also turksat but with this one you noly get 2 english channels cnbce and e2 and a whole load of turkish channels aswell as a channel that shows premireship football

the other option is sky but you need at least a 1.8 metre dish with a skybox with a ftv card which means you will get channel 4, channel 5, sky 3 and a few others

my final summary tottaly depends on you but if you dont want to pay monthly or you dont want a 1.8 metre dish on the roof your best bet to go for is hotbird and nilesat with this all you will pay for is the recevier which costs max 250ytl -£110 then you dont pay nothing a month and you get a lot of english channels, if you want both hotbird and nilesat get another 90cm dish which will set you back 50ytl-£22 and a piece of equipment called a diseq switch which conects the two dishes together with one cable to your reciever so no need to switch cables around to watch the other channels on the other dish this cost 15ytl -£6 then you just pay for the install and setup which should not cost more than 50-70ytl £22-£20

i hope this helps and i have not confused you

regards

ukturk

p.s if you need any more help please dont hesitate in contacting me

Pipie

Message Posted:
06/01/2008 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 86 in Discussion

Thankyou Soooooooo much ukturk

ukturk

Message Posted:
07/01/2008 02:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 86 in Discussion

no probs pipie anytime

regards

ukturk

spud1

Message Posted:
07/01/2008 15:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 86 in Discussion

hi ukturk had a reply from the iceman his quote for an 1.8 dish is 450ytl + cable is this about right spud1

ukturk

Message Posted:
07/01/2008 16:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 86 in Discussion

hi spud

this quote is it including a lnb and install if it is then its a not bad price, but make sure he uses a next lnb with at least 0.3db

in turkey a 1.8mt dish is 250-300ytl, 100ytl for install 20ytl for lnb and around 20-30ytl for cables depending how much you use but then you got to remember cyprus is a bit more expensive because more than likley its coming from turkey so they have to pay the cargo fee aswell

so like i said if this price is all in, go for it!!!

hope this helps

ukturk

spud1

Message Posted:
07/01/2008 17:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 86 in Discussion

ukturk many thanks i wiil go for it spud1

spud1

Message Posted:
07/01/2008 18:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 86 in Discussion

hi ukturk i miss read quote it was 450 pounds spud1

Aussie

Message Posted:
07/01/2008 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 86 in Discussion

Dear Ukturk

Thanks for your reply I had to go back and check the detaıls on the receiver.

Its a Next YE-7500 CI Digıtal Satellite Receiver With Common Interface

İt doesn,t have a USB port but has two empty card slots ın the front panel and at the rear has an RS232 ınterface along wıth the usual two scart plugs 2 phono 1 vıdeo and another small plug labeled as S/PDIF Out.

As you suspected the second dısh ıs poınted at Türksat and the fırst at Hotbird whıch ıs confirmed when pressing the channnel information button.

Given this is it still sımple to unlock the encoded channels ?

The other idea based on your prevıous posts would be to switch one dish to Nılesate from Türksat but would it be worth losing the Türksat channels in doing thıs. İ don,t think it would be worth the expense and hassle of motorising the dısh.

Also out of curiousıty if you paıd to subscrıbe to Dıgitürk can ıt use the exıstıng Next receiver and dıshes or do you have to pay for new equipment ?

Once again thanks very much for your assıstance and detailed knowledge

Regards

Aussıe

ukturk

Message Posted:
07/01/2008 22:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 86 in Discussion

hi spud

YOU WHAT £450

ask around thats way to expensive, the price i quoted you is a spot on price here in turkey like i said cyprus might be a bit more expensive but not that much thats over 1000ytl for that you can get a 1.5 motorised system including receiver and installed, if you want i can find out here in turkey how much it will cost to send this dish by cargo from turkey to cyprus and you can just give me a drink for my time

ukturk

ukturk

Message Posted:
07/01/2008 22:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 86 in Discussion

hi aussie

even thou your receiver is gettin on a bit, the good news it can be programmed to open tps multivision and bbc prime and a whole load more channels to many to list

there are a few ways you can do this, firstly you can find someone who can do this for you, secondly you can go and buy a rs232 cable then i can send you via email the program that does it and a step by step guide on how to do it not meanng to sound rude but ill have to charge for this because i had to pay for the software program we can come to some sort of arangement

like i said you other dish is pointed at turksat unless you watch turksih channels there is only cnbce, e2 and the buisness channel that is in english and the fox channel for englsih premire league matches, but if you get someone to move the dish from turksat to nilesat you will get 9 english channels which are all good dubai 1,mbc 2,3,4 action, saudi 2 , kuwait 2, bbc world, cnn, and mtv to see what kind of programmes you will watch this i have provided links to their websites take a look

http://www.dubaione.ae/

http://www.mbc.net/portal/site/mbc-en/menuitem.87f703a27b2d058044458c101f10a0a0/?vgnextoid=a901cb39e9701110VgnVCM100000f1010a0aRCRD

http://www.mbc.net/portal/site/mbc-en/menuitem.87f703a27b2d058044458c101f10a0a0/?vgnextoid=3f3a7af15a451110VgnVCM1000008420010aRCRD

http://www.mbc.net/portal/site/mbc-en/menuitem.87f703a27b2d058044458c101f10a0a0/?vgnextoid=fe11cb39e9701110VgnVCM100000f1010a0aRCRD

if you want to subscibe to digiturk and use your next receiver, in the past you could but not no more, but you dont buy a digiturk box when you subscribe to them they give you a box and when you cancel it you just simply give the box back for this all you pay is 45ytl for a dish and 40ytl for install the reason for another dish is because digiturk is not on the hotbird or turksat satellite its on the eutelsat w3 satellite or just simply turn the turksat dish to the postion of eutelsat w3 which is at 7 degrees east where turksat is at 42 degrees east and hotbird is at 13 degrees east and nilesat is at 7 degrees west

i hope this all helps you and i have not confused you with my techno talk!!!lol

post me back on what you decide

regards

ukturk

spud1

Message Posted:
08/01/2008 00:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 86 in Discussion

ukturk thanks if you can do that for me i would be very gratefull spud1

Aussie

Message Posted:
09/01/2008 09:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 86 in Discussion

Dear Ukturk

Thanks for the addıtıonal ınfo, the channels on Nılesat look good.

I am happy to pay to get the hotbird codes vıa computer etc )although my laptop beıng new only has USB ports not RS232 (so İ guess you would need a USB to RS232 cable ıf ıt ıs avaılable here)

I would also be ınterested ın movıng theTurksat dısh to Nılesat but as I don't have the tools or equıpment to do thıs myself would need someone to do ıt.

Please let me know what ıt would cost for the hotbırd software etc and ıf you know anyone to shıft the dısh as well and what roughly thıs should cost.

My bungalow ıs ın Esentepe near the bottom road just past the turnoff leadıng from the maın coastal road.

If you were ınterested ın doıng the upgrade of the next receıver dırectly İ would be happy to pay more as İ wouldn't then need to fınd and buy the cable.

Also İ heard the hotbırd codes etc are changed perıodıcally. Generally how often do you need to download new software to keep access to the scambled channels ?

Once again thanks for all of your help

Regards

Aussie

ukturk

Message Posted:
09/01/2008 13:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 86 in Discussion

hi aussie

what you wil need if you have not got a rs232 socket is a converter that plugs into your usb port then you get the rs232 cable and connect it this way

to move your turksat dish to nilesat is not a big job but i would not advise you to do it yourself just call a sat engineer to do it maybe this iceman can do it would not cost that much his number is 0533 861 0329 should cost you no more than 40-50ytl

like i explained before there are two types of upgrade one is a software upgrade for your receiver and the other is a softcam upgrade

the software upgrade opens the channels like bbc prime-jetix-travel channel-tcm- catoon network and the tps package which has all the movie channels the software upgrade happend over six months ago, the softcam upgrade changes quite often maybe every week this opens other channels like the polish channels and a few other cannels which personally i would not bother with you dont have to this with the arab channels on nilesat cos they are free to air channels

we can work this two ways because you might not be aware im in marmaris turkey at the moment and wont be coming over to around march time

so i could send it to you thru email with a step by step guide and you can deposit my fee into my hsbc account or you could send me your box via cargo this does not cost a lot and you can use aras cargo-mgm cargo-yurtci kargo ill do it and then send it back to you this will still probabley work out cheaper than getting the cable and the converter and doing it yourself, you have these offices in the centre of town just go in there and ask them how much it will cost let me know what you decide but i would prefer to talk about price and methods via email cos i dont belive in doing buisness over the forum so if you click on my user name it will show you my email adrress so give me a email and we can talk buisness if thats ok with you

regards

ukturk

spud1

Message Posted:
09/01/2008 15:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 86 in Discussion

hi ukturk did you receive my email

ukturk

Message Posted:
09/01/2008 15:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 86 in Discussion

just saw ıt

goıng to emaıl u now

or are u onlıne ı can explaın now for u

spud1

Message Posted:
09/01/2008 16:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 86 in Discussion

hi ukturk back on line spud1

ukturk

Message Posted:
09/01/2008 17:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 86 in Discussion

sorry spud

ım shutting my office now

but i promise ill email you tonight or answer you on the forum

ukturk

spud1

Message Posted:
09/01/2008 19:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 86 in Discussion

ok thanks ukturk

spud1

Message Posted:
11/01/2008 20:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 86 in Discussion

hi ukturk forgot to ask will my tv be ok i have a hd ready over in my apartment which i bought over from uk spud1

ukturk

Message Posted:
12/01/2008 11:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 86 in Discussion

hi spud

of course your hd ready tv will be ok you just connect it thru scart, but a word of advice now that you have a hd tv why dont you get a hd sky box then take out the extra subscription i think it works out a £10 extra on top of your normal subscription then all you need to do is get a hdmi cable you can buy these from anywhere (dixons-currys etc) they cost around £10 then you connect your tv up to you tv and look at the difference

if your tv is full hd 1080i/p then the picture is outstaning watching national geography or even sky sports its like actually being their

you might ask what is the diffrence between hd ready and full hd well its got to do with the resoulution and pixels a hd ready tv resoulution produces 720 where the full hd tv produces 1080 so the definition is much more clear and precise

hope i did not confuse you and this help

ukturk

spud1

Message Posted:
12/01/2008 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 86 in Discussion

good morning ukturk i have hd box but will have to leave it here for the better half i am bringing my spare sky box which is connected up in dinning room she wont miss it. its the only way i can away on my own!!!!! did you receive my email regards spud1

ukturk

Message Posted:
12/01/2008 14:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 86 in Discussion

hi spud

thats a shame you cant bring the hd sky box from home, you wont have probs connecting the normal box upto a hd tv like i said just do it thru scart

yes i did get ur email, i suppose instead of u running around when u only have a week £400 is ok like i said thou make sure its next 0.3db lnb and make sure the cable is rg6, also your two boxes you have got what make are they cos like i said the pace or panasonic boxes are superior to any of the new design boxes especailly for chan 4, sky 2,3, sky sports news, sorry to say i wont be able to come till march because i got a couple of big jobs to do and i have to be here, so hopefully next time i can take you up on your offer!!!!

regards

ukturk

spud1

Message Posted:
12/01/2008 15:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 86 in Discussion

hi ukturk my receiver is a pace hope to be back over again in march regards spud1

spud1

Message Posted:
27/01/2008 13:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 86 in Discussion

hi ukturk me again after some info have you any idea how many sky receivers can you use when you have a 1.8 meter dish spud1

ukturk

Message Posted:
27/01/2008 14:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 86 in Discussion

hi spud

just cant rid of you can i!!!!! LOL

it dont make no diffrence the size of your dish to how many boxes you can have, its down to the lnb, depending on how many boxes you want to have in your home or split between your neighbours

for example if you want to connect two boxes you will need a dual lnb which has two output connectors then you will two set of cables running out of this serving the boxes

lnb's come in a few diffrent output options single,dual, quad, six and eight

prices start from 15-20ytl for a single, 40-50ytl for a dual, 70-80ytl for a quad, 100ytl for a six and around 120ytl for a eight output lnd hope this helps

regards

ukturk

spud1

Message Posted:
27/01/2008 15:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 86 in Discussion

ukturk many thanks when are you over in north cyprus so we can meet up spud1

ukturk

Message Posted:
27/01/2008 17:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 86 in Discussion

hi spud

what so you can tell me to my face im a idiot!!!! LOL LOL LOL only joking (that was the last time you said you wanted to meet up)

i will probabley over in april, busy with work in marmaris at the moment

ukturk

spud1

Message Posted:
31/01/2008 16:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 86 in Discussion

hi ukturk me again i have been looking at lnb on ebay they have an 8 way which is 0.6 will this be ok spud1

ukturk

Message Posted:
31/01/2008 16:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 86 in Discussion

hi spud

8 way at 0.6db is ok but what kind of lnb is it, you want a normal type lnb not feed horn, you might ask whats the diffrence, a feed horn lnb is for dishes of 2mt and above, send me the link and ill take a look for you

ukturk

spud1

Message Posted:
31/01/2008 16:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 86 in Discussion

hi ukturk dont know how you can get on this site you could try a+satellitesolutions its on ebay you can also buy a receiver that picks up all channels without a card. many thanks spud1

ukturk

Message Posted:
31/01/2008 17:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 86 in Discussion

what you do ıs fınd the webpage, go to the address bar and click on it then it will be highlighted, then press the right button and a menu will come up click on copy, come back to the forum as if you are goıng to wrıte something and press the right button and click on paste and then post ıt

ukturk

spud1

Message Posted:
31/01/2008 17:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 86 in Discussion

hi ukturk unable to send it can you try http://www.ebay.co.uk then go into satillite receivers spud1

ukturk

Message Posted:
31/01/2008 17:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 86 in Discussion

ok i will but goın home now ıll try at home and see for u then

ukturk

Message Posted:
01/02/2008 15:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 86 in Discussion

spud

i had a look for you on ebay last night, but its like trying to find a needle in a haystack and i havent got the time to cypher thru hundreds of pages for the lnb, so i would say if its not a flange lnb i would go for it if its a gpod price what are they charging? here in turkey they cost around 200ytl around £90 at todays exchange rate

ukturk

spud1

Message Posted:
01/02/2008 15:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 86 in Discussion

hi ukturk thanks for looking have paid £18 for it if its not the right one i can use it at home spud1

ukturk

Message Posted:
01/02/2008 15:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 86 in Discussion

hi spud

i some how found it you mean you paid £17 for it with £2.99 deleivery, this lnb is a wistron lnb made by thomson (grundig's new name) these lnb's to tell you the truth are not that good mostly used for the u.k especially not good for use of fringe reception (abroad) but give it a try and if it dont work then you can always buy one in cyprus

remember its the lnb that needs to be of a good quality to receive good reception and picture, the more money you pay the better quality you get

ukturk

spud1

Message Posted:
12/02/2008 21:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 86 in Discussion

hi ukturk me again was unable to fly out on monday my partners father passed away last thursday so had to cancil. they are still going to fit sky dish today someone from my site took over my sky receiver so i hope i am up an running now. going out on 5th march keep up all you good work spud1

ukturk

Message Posted:
12/02/2008 21:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 86 in Discussion

hi spud

sorry to hear that, and i hope they done a good job for you!!!

thank you for you kind words

ukturk

laptascot

Message Posted:
22/02/2008 13:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 86 in Discussion

Why do people want to use Sky when you can get Showtime TV which has films, general entertainment and live premier league footbal (nearly every match)

I used to live in Dubai and that's how I know about it. We got our showtime card and dish from a company called COLD based in Alsanjac

ukturk

Message Posted:
22/02/2008 13:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 86 in Discussion

hi laptacscot

welcome to the forum, i have got the showtime package too, and i know this from knowing about satelittes from me having a fully motorised dish, and i must say i do prefer showtime to sky like showseries and showcomedy and all the showsports that show every single premire game unlike sky but i still got my sky fta card for channel 4 and 5

i do know that coldsat do sell the show cards how much did you pay mate was it a 6month card or a 12 month card, you should have got the card in dubai for half the price

the reason why i ask is because im in the middle of buying a whole load of boxes that you connect to the internet and it unlocks sky-showtime-digiturk and many more packages

regards

ukturk

p.s any chance you live in lapta

shivvy

Message Posted:
28/04/2008 19:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 86 in Discussion

hiya UKTURK firstly thanks for all the info about EVERYTHING! but in particular you said that the ufo sky dishes are about a grand, but the cheapest I've found is £2300 can you point me in the right direction please. Thanks :0) x

ukturk

Message Posted:
28/04/2008 22:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 86 in Discussion

hi shivvy

no problems glad i can help, the price of a grand is just for the dish 3.5mt then of course you have to add install and cables and other bits and pieces, £2300 seems a bit steep, what size dish was this that you was quoted,if you are not too botherd about receiving bbc and itv you can always get a 1.8mt dish and you will be able to receive chan4 and 5 aswell as all the other sky channels

regards

ukturk

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.