North Cyprus Tourist Board - Sweetwater Bay 8 (the chequered flag?)
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Sweetwater Bay 8 (the chequered flag?)

Sweetwater Bay 8 (the chequered flag?)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Sweetwater Bay North Cyprus property review

rocky

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 12:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 268 in Discussion

OK its here are we nearly over the line, is everybody happy can we work together?

sweep

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 14:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 268 in Discussion

rocky

i couldnt be happier with the site, swb, rms so a big YES from me.

Milou

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 16:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 268 in Discussion

Arthur

You are well aware that Keith and I were not involved in any abusive behaviour - secondly, I have already sent you a copy of a letter AND YOU ARE perfectly well aware that my developer has tried to force us to pay the maintenance before it was due according to the contract. He has refused two compromises which we offered and therefore we will pay it when it is due.

We will continue to fight for TRANSPARENCY - ACCOUNTABILITY AND A FAIR DEAL which includes the separation of maintaining the common parts from services to individual owners, such as cleaning and maintaining PRIVATE SWIMMING POOLS.

regards

milou

Milou

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 17:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 268 in Discussion

To All

Keith and I have now put on the private forum our letter of offer to pay our maintenance back in April which we believe was deliberately refused so that SWB can find something else against us. At the end of the day no one is asking the important questions about SWB/RMS trying to illegally make us back date our maintenance payments when there was absolutely nothing on this site.

Rocky you are right about our land - unfortunately we've landed in a worse position where we find that the land in front of us is up for sale - maybe Andy would kindly tell you the same story he told me.

Regards

Milou

Arthur

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 19:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 268 in Discussion

Having had an aggressive visitation from B18, I would remind them that we are here on holiday, we wish to have the rest of it undisturbed. Moira has made it clear why she and Keith have not paid, that is up to them, although using the facilities whilst not paying seems bizarre.

That is the end of the matter until I return from holiday.

blonde

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 19:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 268 in Discussion

Dear all, I don't see why asking for complete transparency with our money is such a travesty? If there is is nothing to hide, we should have full disclosure. Also, it is true that the land in front of most of the villas are up for sale. We have checked.

Milou

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 20:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 268 in Discussion

Arthur and Jackie

You and SWB staff have no right to discuss my maintenance - Mike it's time you started answering to us owners and not causing problems by hiding behind other owners. Where is your honestry, accountability and transparency - why are you so afraid to come and have a drink with us so that we can tell you what the above is about?

Regards

Moira

Milou

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 20:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 268 in Discussion

Arthur and Jackie

You and SWB staff have no right to discuss my maintenance - Mike it's time you started answering to us owners and not causing problems by hiding behind other owners. Where is your honestry, accountability and transparency - why are you so afraid to come and have a drink with us so that we can tell you what the above is about?

Regards

Moira

jac k

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 20:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 268 in Discussion

How much is the land? Can the land get planning permission for future building? I'd heard that it couldnt and that SWB had already tried to buy the land but 'cos there was no planning consent likely the deal didnt happen - not sure if this is true tho' you know how gossip is!!! If the cost of the land isnt a daft amount would other owners consider a co-purchase - to protect our future interests??? or, if no planning consent is likely then hopefully no need/no problem.... On the politics situation - I have a number of personal issues with SWB but dont feel that the negativity of a full public debate is helpful - I do agree in transparancy tho' and agree that if 'communal areas' are/were not completed then a proportional charge ought to have been agreed.... I was forced to pay the full amount despite many communal facilities not being finished..... hopefully, a communal 'starting date' proper for RMS can be agreed and a timescale for their contract - Im not sure if its 6M, 12M or 18M

rocky

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 20:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 268 in Discussion

I was told the land in front of villas C31 to C42 is too close to the ravine to get permission to develop and that does sound sensible to me but but is it true?. If it cannot be built on then it has little or no value therefore could we club together and purchase it and just leave it too nature. I must confess I like to see the abundance of butterflies and lizards as well as starring at Andys wife when he has developed his own toll path to the beach.

jac k

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 20:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 268 in Discussion

I like the sound of that..... (butterflies, that is) x

primadonna

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 21:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 268 in Discussion

What on earth is wrong with these people who do nothing but complain about the developers and the maintenance company?

Why on earth would Mike want to have a drink with someone who has done nothing but abuse him, call him names and accuse him of being interested in his own ends rather than the good of the site. Now you are saying that you haven't even met the guy!!!! Well I would at least want to meet someone before forming an opinion, specially one so obviously anti the person in question.

Why can people not sit back and enjoy this lovely place, have they got nothing better to do than complain.

Give RMS a chance to prove themselves before forming such biased opinions.

Arthur (message 5 ) I can't believe the nerve of these people to actually attack you in your own home, we can only hope that in time everyone will realise the problem lies with this little gang and they will all distance themselves and make up thier own minds.

andy-f

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 22:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 268 in Discussion

rocky you can stare at me missus as much as you like as long as you buy me a efes or ten !

rocky

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 23:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 268 in Discussion

is that all shes worth come on Andy thats hardly flattering

andy-f

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 23:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 268 in Discussion

well i did say ten efes! ill be off my head while you be off with me missus, i think thats a good deal

Milou

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 23:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 268 in Discussion

Primadonna

Get your facts right - I was there - Jackie tried to attack Dorothy who simply asked the question, "who gave them permission to discuss her contract". NO ONE HAS EVER THEM FOR ANY MAINTENANCE - It was Jackie who tried to attack Dorothy and insult Dorothy and had to finally be restrained by her husband.

Secondly, this company RMS, has lied to all of us- are you a complete moron - what we are asking and WHAT THEY WILL NOT GIVE US IS HONESTRY AND TRANSPARENCY. However, if you want to be fleeced you are absolutely welcome to it and please do line up for it - I am an intelllent human being and simply refuse to be fleeced - you are free to make your own decision - however you do not have the right to tell me what I know or don't know about this dishonest company. Stop peddling your nonsense.

Regards

Milou

Milou

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 23:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 268 in Discussion

Primadonna

Get your facts right - I was there - Jackie tried to attack Dorothy who simply asked the question, "who gave them permission to discuss her contract". NO ONE HAS EVER THEM FOR ANY MAINTENANCE - It was Jackie who tried to attack Dorothy and insult Dorothy and had to finally be restrained by her husband.

Secondly, this company RMS, has lied to all of us- are you a complete moron - what we are asking and WHAT THEY WILL NOT GIVE US IS HONESTRY AND TRANSPARENCY. However, if you want to be fleeced you are absolutely welcome to it and please do line up for it - I am an intelllent human being and simply refuse to be fleeced - you are free to make your own decision - however you do not have the right to tell me what I know or don't know about this dishonest company. Stop peddling your nonsense.

Regards

Milou

Milou

Message Posted:
22/06/2009 23:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 268 in Discussion

Message 9 Jack K

It depends what you believe - I had a conversation with Kamel from Emek who applied for permission to develop this land but were turned down. Yoav's feeling is that this land can't be developed but Kemal didn't agree with him and told me in fron of Yoav that he believed it could be developed depending on who applied. Presently the land is up for sale at £225,000 and is zoned as green land but Andy Kirkwood told me that this being the TRNC he thought it likely it would be built on. I think it may be worthwhile to ask the owner who is a Doctor in Lefkosa if we, as a group, could purchase this land at a much reduced price to secure our future. If anyone else is interested I am prepared to approach the owner to see what he has to say.

Regards

Milou

rocky

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 00:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 268 in Discussion

Some of the comments on this thread disappoint me and evidence that some people need to attend an anger management course. To insult other people does not demonstrate any tact or diplomacy and I believe apologies are needed. How on earth could be ever have a residents association people would be killing each other over proxy votes. As far as I can see the allegations against the dishonesty of RMS( I stand to be corrected of course) have not been substantiated and again I mention they do not enter into personal slanging matches in public. Yes Milou I would be interested in find out what price and what area of land would be available but I do not think you are putting yourself into a position where people would like you to represent them even though you may have good intentions. Calm down everyone we need to work together. These attitudes are really putting me off SWB I htink when I next visit I will keep myself to myself and buy the Andys a beer (or perhaps 10).

Milou

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 07:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 268 in Discussion

Hi Rocky (Message 19)

The recent entries on this forum do seem to have generated more heat than light, I agree.

To pick up on one point of yours: you say that allegations against the disonesty of RMS have not been substantiated, but in their original Information Pack they gave the impression that they were a long-established property management company; they claimed to be managing many, many sites across North Cyprus, rhapsodised about their many customers and claimed to have a team of UK trained property professionals. None of these claims were true. If you want the evidence, their original proposal to SWB is on the private forum for you to read. In his own words, Mike admits that they are newly formed, specifically to service the SWB site, and the team consisted only of himself and Connie. Read it for yourself.

To trust them blindly without oversight and proper owner control in the vague hope that it will all turn out alright seems foolhardy to me.

Milou

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 08:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 268 in Discussion

To continue:

I might point out that telling lies about yourself in order to induce people to part with their money is a criminal offence in Britain. Think about it.

There have been postings from owners on other sites in recent weeks warning of the tactics of other management companies and offering excellent advice about starting off on the right foot, but owners on this site seem to be determined to ignore them. The general attitude seems to be that we should just wait and see what happens.

I might also mention that because we opposed this dishonesty from the start we have been threatened by both SWB and RMS and our reputations have been systematically blackened with other owners (we still have the emails). Snide remarks circulated by certain owners about people who don't pay their maintenance don't help. This information can only have originated in SWB's office. But the gossips who peddle this stuff don't ask themselves why, or even whether it may be untrue...

Milou

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 08:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 268 in Discussion

To continue:

The simple truth is that we have offered it but it has been refused because we decline to back-date it to the beginning of December, when facilities were non-existent.

No-one seems to ask themselves who it is who is making, or who wants to make, money out of them and who would gain from lack of oversight.

It is my wife who has taken the brunt of this gossip and lies and it is time someone apologised to her. She is a wonderful, kind, generous person who does not deserve this flak simply because I refuse to accept dishonesty. Frankly, the minty's and jakki's of this world can go to hell in a hand-cart for all I care. If they insist on being fleeced, let them line up with the rest of the sheep.

We have a bigger investment than most on this site because this is our permanent home. All we want to see is a well-run site that we can all be proud of, controlled by a democratically elected committee of owners, with proper oversight and accountability.

Keith

primadonna

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 08:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 268 in Discussion

How do you know that this will not be a well run site? Have you given anyone a chance to run it without your constant name calling and interference.

Is your wife the voice of reason, this same person who parked her car across the road to stop any vehicles getting through, all because of...wait for it.........DUST!!!! That same person who caused time to be wasted on other people's property and time to be wasted, by having the police come to remove her!!

Do residents really want someone like this speaking on thier behalf, who goes to someones house to attack them whilst they are on holiday!

If your kind, generous wife doesn't want any flak then I suggest that you stop attacking RMS and residents and also me now, for putting my point of view I am called a moron. If you are so intelligent why do you always resort to name calling???

I think it is time to grow up and stop all this silly nonsense before it goes too far. Let RMS get on with thier job without your constant childish attack

primadonna

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 09:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 268 in Discussion

Why do you insist that you are being 'fleeced', most sites charge £60pm for maintenance, why is this such a problem? The gardens and the pools are looking lovely, do you think this came about naturally or do you think it had to be paid for?

I think you will find that private pools will be paid for seperately by thier owners, not out of the site maintenance.

If someone came to my house 'mob handed' for a discussion I would certainly be on the offensive as was Jackie. (message 17)

blonde

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 09:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 268 in Discussion

Primadonna, you perhaps have not experienced it, but will, that when very reasonable request are made to the management company, and in particular Mike, simply nothing happens. You only have half the story about the road in front of the villas. Many request were made for them to use both roads etc., but the main gate was kept closed on purpose in order for the trucks to only use the dust road - and boy - it does mean a hell of a lot of dust every 10 minutes. This was to annoy C38. You should just accept two things: 1) every story has two sides and 2) when reasonable requests are made to one's management company and these are ignored on principle, it is very likely that one will assume they are not interested in the owners' welfare. Does that sound reasonable to you? Lets just all deal with the facts; emotions are out of control and I think innocent parties are being accused of things that have transpired very differently as to the 'folkore' that is swilling about.

primadonna

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 09:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 268 in Discussion

We live in a very dusty country, that's what happens when there is no rain and you also live on a development in progress.

I don't know about RMS or Mike, but, personally if I was getting constant verbal abuse from someone I would not want to go out of my way to help them!!

I would say, ask the majority of owners if they have a grievance rather than a handful, who only seem intent on causing trouble.

Blonde, what are your personal grievances?

I think the management company would be left to do a more worthwhile job if they didn't have to put up with the barrage of abuse which they have received from day one from C38. 'Innocent parties?' I think not.

primadonna

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 09:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 268 in Discussion

Would just like to add, I have never met this person, but just for putting my point of view I was called a 'moron' by this 'kind, innocent' woman.

If this is the sort of person you want to be associated with then that is your choice.

rocky

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 12:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 268 in Discussion

Keith n Moira I agree that we may have been misled over the experience etc of RMS. Alan Sugar on his Apprentice programmes appears to accept some dishonesty in interviews and cvs and sees this partly as entreprenerial (sorry no spell check please correct Arthur) I dont agree with this view point to the same extent as he does but I do accept that RMS are working for us and will have direct ownership on the site and I wish them every success.I am prepared to work with them. I do not think they should be condemned indeed what will we achieve as a group if we call each other names . I wish we could all act as responsible adults and show each other some respect. Comments re other management companies indeed worry me and would more if another entity managing the site. I do not think anyone has the right to hurl abuse at others and in the end this attitude will be detrimential to SWB. If people feel strongly that they cannot live in a community then an isolated villa may be more appropriate.

rocky

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 12:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 268 in Discussion

as I have said before I have experienced this type of problem in a community before and it can get a lot worse unless people work together. It is indeed true that a community is not for everyone and I could include myself in that category. We really dont need immature childish behaviour anywhere on the development

Milou

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 13:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 268 in Discussion

Primadonna

If you are Mike can you answer the following:

1. Are you a legally registered company yet?

2. Why won't you separate the key services from the general communal maintenance

3. When is the start date for this management (most companies ask for 1 year why 2?)

4. What are the terms and conditions

5. Where is your budget - will all previously paid sinking funds be shown on this budget to unit holders.

6. Will the £34,000 already being spent per year be shown on this budget and why has a 3 year contract being given to Meps at such a high fee and for what?

7. Have you joined Meps? Has Andy and Connie joined Meps?

Would you like to tell people the abuse we've recd from you and Andy and the kind of emails you seem fond of

sending.

At the end of the day you are simply refusing to show us any transparency and accountability and this is what is at the hear of your problems.

regards

milou

rocky

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 15:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 268 in Discussion

M perhaps you can explain further the significance of your points addressed to P....does one have to have a legally registered company in NC in most countries business can operate wthout being a ltd company, a partnership or sole trader re two examples. Also is the signifiacne of having a seperate entity for key holding? Surely any terms and conditions are between SWB and Rainbow I understand that the contract allows SWB to appoint a management company. Not sure that their internal budget arrangements are any concern of ours but I agree the Bond Fund should be protected for the owners of the units and any futrure unforseen expenses or when we get 25% on non payers ( I am on an urbanistaion in Florida and 25% of owners are in arrears). who in earth is MEPs not all of us know do we? It is unlikely and unprofessional if you have received abuse but you have not always been complimentary yourself lets stop throwig mud for good ness sake this posting was more informative and polite...

Pipie

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 16:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 268 in Discussion

As an observer and just trying to help , ensure you each have a contract a service level agreement and transparancy , failure to put all of this in place will lead to discord , sing from all of the same hymn sheet and you will not go wrong . I think you will also find that there is an obligation for maintenance companies to be legaly registered . GOOD LUCK everyone .

primadonna

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 16:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 268 in Discussion

Milou

I am NOT Mike, I am simply a level headed person who believes that people deserve respect and a chance to prove themselves before they become a target of abuse to someone who has nothing better to do.

I am not surprised that Mike doesn't answer your queries as they usually come with accusations and name calling.

I am also sure that when a democratically appointed committee puts these questions to Mike and RMS then they will be answered in full.

Until such time it would be nice to read a topic on SWB that hasn't been highjacked for your own ramblings.

I for one will not be replying to you again and hopefully all sane posters will feel the same.

millzer

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 17:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 268 in Discussion

This post is not directed at SWB, RMS or anyone in particular and I wish you all the best in resolving your differences of opinion.

Unfortunately those Management companies that are in it to make a killing THRIVE on discord and argument amongst owners as they let owners who are their supporters do their bidding in order to keep the more 'enquiring minds' off their case whilst they stash the cash.

There are always owners that think everything is wonderful and also those that have concerns, some really care about how a site moves forward whilst other don't really give a fig as long as the sun shines, then there are the majority in the middle who sit and say/do nothing.

Until you have an owners committee that has a singular and agreed voice to represent all owners on your site you will have these problems, meantime the management company has carte blanche to do as it sees fit. I can only hope yours is working FOR YOU, and not FOR THEM.

sienna

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 17:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 268 in Discussion

PD - Rocky you are missing the point - you need to start off as you mean to go on or you will be walked all over that is a certainty and you will be the ones moaning

Primadonna I thought you were only thinking of buying on Sweetwaterbay you seem to refer to them as if you know them RMS staff that is

9th June you knew very littel about the site ! or RMS hmmm now who could you be ?

I am thinking of buying on the Sweetwater Bay site, but some people seem to have a problem with the maintenance or the management company, What is the problem? can anyone tell me? Thanks

millzer

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 17:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 268 in Discussion

Yeah you could be right sienna.

looking at previous posts on 9th June with PD saying "Sounds like a great place, maybe I will be swayed to buy there".

now just a matter of days later and already PD is an 'expert' on all things sweetwater bay and management companies

blonde

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 18:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 268 in Discussion

Guys, it really is simple .... when one lives on the site full time, one should not be subsidising key services to absentee owners (i.e. people who spend only holiday time on the site and who will want to have extra services by the MC). I know for a fact that C38 has received only uphill and attitude from RMS right from the start. I say 'Sela' and agree with Millzer. Good luck to those who are not prepared to ask for transparency.

rocky

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 268 in Discussion

sienna I am not missing the point and it is probably a little premature to have an owners commitee with only I think about 30 completions out of approx 130. I have owned on a complex before and indeed am involved in a complex elswwhere at the moment. MY concern is that we are not working together and there is too much slagging off. I want to give RMS a try for the 24 months, I want the bond money protected but there again I am only one voice does anyone else share my objectives? MILLZER I also think that people who live on the complex full time should pay a premium for usage of the whole development the whole year round why should somebody who rarely uses their property pay the same. I am sure us part time owners can amass enough votes to get this through any committee. But would the people pay?? probably not if they dont agree with it which indicates they are not democratic.

primadonna

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 20:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 268 in Discussion

What is this obsession with attacking people, what on earth is wrong with you? All I have done is to ask people to give their management company a chance before slating them off and here I am being attacked by Millzer, Blonde and Sienna. Have you people got nothing better to do? I am no expert on any site, I am just of the same mind as Rocky, open minded until something occurs that makes people think otherwise.

Let me tell you that I am just giving my opinion, I don't pretend to be an expert, I just don't see how all this petty arguing, name calling and back biting is doing any good.

For your information I will not be buying on SWB (as I believe Millzer hasn't, but still gives her opinion) as I would not want to meet these childish people, who have nothing better to do than attack people.

kennyb1

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 21:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 268 in Discussion

SWB owners

I have visited your site on a number of occasions over the past 2 years and watched it develop into a potential jewel in the TRNC crown I will be visiting again at the weekend on behalf of my mate who is about to take possession.I purchased 2 years ago at Esentepe year 1 was a nightmare in respect that a number of owners freely posted on 44 their grievances and it soon became apparent to me and a number of owners that posting on 44 was not the answer all people were doing was putting people off purchasing on our site.

In year 2 we democratically elected a new committee changed our management company an TOGETHER we have made great strides yes we still have issues but the are aired in private on our own owners forum and we no longer wash our dirty washing in public.I can only advise that if you want to protect your investments then you take a leaf out of our book and resolve your issues in private behind closed doors.

sweep

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 21:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 268 in Discussion

whats the fishing like in the bay ?

are there any good course fishing venues close by ?

andy-f

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 268 in Discussion

sweep "course fishing" you mean coarse fishing, yes the freshwater lake at arapkoy and a few others. are you a coarse angler? ive took loads of gear over ( stuck it all in my mates place till ours is raedy. dont get me going about fishing in north cyprus ill boar you to tears!

sweep

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 268 in Discussion

hi andy

yes coarse, silly me

yer love it go evey week still trying to catch one of those monsters known as catfish,

i will be taking loads of gear over in july and hope to spend a bit of time on the sea and by a lake if possible, do you have and directions to these places, if not i will just pay a taxi driver and follow him.

do you know if the fishing is any good over there as i have seen a few other posts and doesnt look like all is rosy in the med ?

if you on site whilst i am there you can go fishing with us there will be a few of us , and then off to the malpas casino,

andy-f

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 22:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 268 in Discussion

sweep what dates are you over in july?

sweep

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 268 in Discussion

29th july - 16th aug

andy-f

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 22:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 268 in Discussion

sweep i cant beleive it exact same as us ! who you flying with and where from?

sweep

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 22:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 268 in Discussion

will be flying with monach from manchester just about to book the flights, my parents have just returned from swb they were there for three weeks and think it is fantastic they have an apt adj to mine, they said the top coat of tarmac should be done by the time i get there so should look even better.

carnt wait to go.

andy-f

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 23:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 268 in Discussion

sweep are you on the 15.40 flight number ZB640?

sweep

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 23:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 268 in Discussion

have checked the flight number and it will be that one.

andy-f

Message Posted:
23/06/2009 23:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 268 in Discussion

lee ill e-mail you off board

rocky

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 00:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 268 in Discussion

andy/ sweep brilliant posts this is what life is about common interests and fun no malice no childishremarks and pure common sense xx

rocky

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 00:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 268 in Discussion

whoops the kisses wernt for you they were for sue

andy-f

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 00:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 268 in Discussion

rocky ten efes ? x x

sweep

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 00:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 268 in Discussion

ten stellas will do over to apt 118 (wife beaters as i am told on the forum)

Babybean

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 01:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 268 in Discussion

Thank goodness, back to fishing, beer and lots of visitors reports, the thread has improved!

Once we are all officially 'owners' we can then review the 'business' properly and sensibly, I am sure with cooperation, kindness and consideration all will be well.

Can't you tell I went to the Solstice at the weekend I am all chilled out!

sienna

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 01:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 268 in Discussion

message 39 thou does protest too much you may not be buying but you certainly know RMS well !! ))))

primadonna

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 07:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 268 in Discussion

Totally agree with babybean, and kennyb1, this is what forums are all about, friendly chat and information.

I'll ignore any personal attacks from now on. Won't lower myself to their level.

Looks like andy-f and sweep will be having a very relaxing time. Mind you don't fall in the lake after a few beers!!!

That's what living in the sun is all about, chilling out and enjoying it.

Have a great holiday.

sienna

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 08:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 268 in Discussion

PD Of course you will as you dont want others to know who you are do you !!! WHO you are protecting - your postings do not make sense - you are not clever enough ! If you want to protect someone dont pretend you were going to buy there and now suddenly you know all about the place and endear your selves to owners. Of course you will agree with the others why, because you are trying to smoothe the path for MIKE

Lets make this clear I have no axe whatsoever to grind with RMS apart from any MC should show transparancy and treat every owner the same -

BUT dont come on here try to smooth the way and pretending someone you are not! you know exactly what you are doing

have a good day

primadonna

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 09:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 268 in Discussion

Sienna,

I think you need to calm down before you have a heart attack! For someone who has no axe to grind you seem to be getting very 'het up!'

I don't, for an instant, presume that I have any power to 'smooth the way' for anybody, I protect ME nobody else and I don't think anyone needs my protection.

I'm agreeing with the others because I prefer thier topics rather than those of the negative kind.

I will have a good day, Thank you

sienna

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 10:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 268 in Discussion

nope calm I am, we will see !!! 'het up' nope wrong again !

rocky

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 11:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 268 in Discussion

will primadonna declare his/her real identity if yes it will be interesting if no, there is only one conclusion then?

blonde

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 18:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 268 in Discussion

I smelled a flower at SWB today ... strangely it is called 'Iris Oedipus' ... didn't like the smell of it, but MEPS insisted it has to be part of the landscape. Mmmm ...

samblaney1985

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 18:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 268 in Discussion

i have just read this today, last time i saw the thread it was a small one with rocky and sweep, and it was much friendlier then ..... its a shame reading through this that certain people have to express their feelings in such inconsiderate ways.... all the posts i have been on for swb have a positive feel, would be a shame to let that slip so close to the finish mark.... but i do agree with kenny b , swb is coming along lovely .... lets try work together and get the best deal for us.... i dont think it makes a dif if you are buying a holiday home or fulltime home, lets try to act like adults and resolve issues responsibily without damaging swb's reputation.....

jakki

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 19:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 268 in Discussion

Hello all -

Can I begin by thanking all our friends here in NC and in the UK for their love and support during the past couple of days. We have, of course, been very busy with meetings with Yoav, SWB and our lawyers in NC and London.

Moira's version of events is a total fabrication. Without going into too much detail, firstly I deny emphatically that I ever 'attacked' Dorothy. On Monday evening whilst getting ready to go out to dinner, I noticed from our bedroom window Moira and Keith in their car and Dorothy and Arthur outside our property, I thought then something's going to happen. After an exchange of words with A & D, they were told to leave our property four times, before doing so. D kept on screaming that we were jealous of her contract, we say here and now that we know not the contents of their or anyone else's contract, we are simply not interested. I admit,however, that I caller her a 'wrinkly old bag' but that was after she called me TBC

jakki

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 19:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 268 in Discussion

'fat, common and a piece of shit'. But wasn't it convenient that M & K were nearby to be witnesses. I have worked in criminal law for over 25 years and I have seen this set up so many times, that I shouldn't be surprised. Everyone, you should note that these people came to our home, our sanctuary without invitation. At one stage D wanted to hit me, but her husband, to his credit, held her back and got hit himself for his troubles. Well that's all I'm going to say on the matter.

A message for A&D - K&M - my darling daughter arrives from London this evening. She has been desperately ill and as a mother/parent I implore you to leave us alone, to enjoy a few days with her in the sun.

Many thanks to the genuine witnesses who approached us on Monday evening.

millzer

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 20:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 268 in Discussion

Rocky. Message 38. I know what you are saying but to be honest i don't think that is workable. It's similar to the scenario with some sites that charge different amounts for maintenance depending upon apartment size. Again, why should owners pay different amounts depending on how many bedrooms. You are paying fees for the maintenance of the site not for how big your property is. Yes there will be people that say that 'potentially' more bedrooms mean more occupants, but in practise this doesn't usually transpire to the actual usage so why should you pay more because 'potentiall' you 'might' use site facillities more! We got this changed on our site and now all pay the same and is much fairer. for instance if you had someone in a 1 bed living permanent on site why should they pay less than someone in a 3 bed who used the site for 2 weeks per year. As i said, just too many variables so much simpler much fairer and no arguments about who uses what, when, and how often.

JoanneM

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 21:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 268 in Discussion

reading this thread has been quite entertaining. i have no interest in this place, but read as it is a 'hot' topic.

im not sure if this is actually a serious debate or not, i really hope it is just friendly banter (which unfortunatley i dont think it is), because if not then this is really harsh. i wont speak of any names, but i do think some people need to be careful in what they write, things DO come back to haunt you.

I really do not think the problem/s that you have can really be so bad. And i along with my niece (also reading this) think that this is not a 'hot' topic, just one full of members acting really childness and well, basically, just plain nasty.

I know my opinion will not go down well with some of you (the minority of you), but i thought i would just have my say as some of you have had more than your say on your personal (disgusting, vile, rude) thoughts.

I hope the worthy win this debate, which im sure they will going by the way the unworthy (vile) ppl write.....

Isabella

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 22:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 268 in Discussion

Well said JoanneM. I do not contribute often, but have read the SB posts. I am amazed at some of the comments written and so soon after the site has opened and become operational.

sienna

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 22:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 268 in Discussion

hmmmmmm JM joined 2/06/09 6 messages Hmmmm newbie !!!??? and Isabella fell for it lol

sienna

Message Posted:
24/06/2009 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 268 in Discussion

sorry meant 24/06/09 today

rocky

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 00:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 268 in Discussion

milzer as far as I remember in spain on parcelisation each property was deemed by private floor space including terraces to have a percentage of the living areas and costs were based on that per centage. It always worked well a 3 bedder would have more space than a one bedder and it did appear to be fair.

millzer

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 00:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 268 in Discussion

Hi Rocky,

I take your point, but on our site although we solely own our own apartments, we all also own an EQUAL share of the whole site including office/gym building, pools, roads, grounds etc IRRESPECTIVE of the property/size that we as individuals own.

Not sure if you guys at SWB have ownership of your site distributed in the same way of course. I understand what you mean that in some places shares in a communal site are apportioned according to property size but in our case this is not the way it is.

millzer

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 02:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 268 in Discussion

Although nothing to do with SWB I find it interesting to watch this web of intrigue and ‘in-fighting’ unravel, with people lining up their allegiances on one side or the other as one person posts something and another comes on with a counter attack.

However, looking a little more closely at the writing styles it soon becomes apparent that there are certain ‘agendas’ going on and it becomes clear that certain people feel the need to join C44 under many different names in order to post in support of certain people – companies. Maybe you should ask yourselves WHY!

Cyprus44 members ‘Irisar’, ‘sunrise’ and ‘JoanneM’ are all one and the same person and the clue to the real identity of that person and the reason they post on SWB threads is given by ‘blonde’ in message 62. Then read message 62 from this person posing as JoanneM making out that they have no interest and know nothing about the SWB site! Again as yourselves WHY!

Cont'd

millzer

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 02:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 268 in Discussion

Irisar and Primadonna both located Girne. Irisar and sunrise, same Christian names and age in user profiles

Sunrise and JoanneM writing styles - note the way the word ‘people’ is shortened to “ppl” by both writers

Sunrise: (Kervansaray beach open hours thread)

I'v had a lot of ppl say they've been down on the beach late at night

JoanneM: (Poisoned Dogs Ozankoy thread)

ppl can be so so cruel, i agree with you lilli (msg 23). pure evil !

Sunrise: (Club Lapethos Aqua Park thread)

Is the aqua park free to ppl staying in the hotel??

JoanneM: Sweetwater Bay 8 (the chequered flag? thread)

which im sure they will going by the way the unworthy (vile) ppl write.....

millzer

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 02:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 268 in Discussion

Cont'd

Sunrise and JoanneM also have the same desire to know whether the new “McDonalds” is the genuine McDonalds

Sunrise: 24/5/09 Everyone talking about it, iv seen the 'Big Mac' restaunat myself…… Have we finally got a mcd's??

JoanneM: 24/6/09 so has anyone actually visited this 'big mac' restaurent yet?...... the kids are missing their ' mcd's

Make your own minds up as to why people feel the need to do this. All I can say is it must be a bloody nightmare remembering all those different log in user names, passwords and e-mail addresses and then decide whether you truly have a wide and varied number of contributors and how many of you are actually genuinely 'objective'

millzer

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 02:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 268 in Discussion

Sorry, in message 73 I meant..... read JoanneM's comments in message 67 (not 62) and decide if you think they are genuine objective comments.... NOT!

TekknoChicken

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 03:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 268 in Discussion

Intersting detective work millzer. Newbies who 'join in' contentious threads, when they have no direct interest, always seem a bit suspicious, but that doesn't mean they don't have a right to comment.

btw, are you the same millzer who is on the SWB private owners forum?

Phil C41

sunrise

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 06:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 268 in Discussion

Let me start by stating I am Mike's Mum and he has expressly asked my not to reply to any posts on this topic as he is being totally professional, but after reading the comments of blonde and millzer re: message 62 I felt compelled to write.

For anyone who doesn't know, Oedipus killed his father so that he could marry his mother, in light of the fact that my husband, Mike's Dad, has recently passed away I think this is an utterly despicable comment to make. Myself and Mike are deeply offended by this message and I personally think that an apology from blonde and millzer is in order.

Whoever 'blonde' is she/he must be totally lacking in any compassion or humanity to sink so low as to bring my late husband into this childish inane argument.

I hope that after this, other SWB residents will see these people for what they really are.

sienna

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 07:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 268 in Discussion

Irisar, sunrise, JoanneM you are one and the same person and as admitted RMS owner mother 'Mikes mum' therefore you have directly tried to strir things up between the individuals on SWB by pretending to be someone else and not the owners Mother why would you do that !

as for blondes comment I know nothing of this or the meaning associated with the comment and am sorry for your loss, perhaps if you want to defend RMS in the future then maybe it best you be up front and not use a false identity to do so about who your are and in future or let your son deal with it in a professional manner .........

sunrise

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 07:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 268 in Discussion

I know nothing of who JoanneM is.

I am entitled to an opinion the same as anyone else.

Sienna what is you connection with SWB?

sienna

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 07:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 268 in Discussion

Oh please stop twisting things you are the same person lets draw a line under this _____________________ end

sienna

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 07:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 268 in Discussion

sorry message 79 forgot to include Primadonna as well!

sunrise

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 07:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 268 in Discussion

You didn't answer my question Sienna??????

sienna

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 07:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 268 in Discussion

everyone is entitled to their opinion according to you or is it different for me????!!!!!!

I am interested in MC and how they operate what I dont hold too is one person pretending to be 4 people

- for your own sanity I think you need to stop NOW Please!!

sunrise

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 07:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 268 in Discussion

I write under 'irisar' then changed to 'sunrise' for a brighter name. I am NOT JoanneM or Primadonna.

I didn't say you weren't entitled to your opinion, I just asked your connection with SWB, which you still haven't really answered.

sienna

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 07:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 268 in Discussion

You are the same person end______________________________________________________________

sunrise

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 07:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 268 in Discussion

Still no reply.........

millzer

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 08:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 268 in Discussion

Message 78. No you are not due any apology from me! I referred to the name 'Iris' mentioned in message 62, I know nothing of who or what oedipus or whatever is, maybe I need a 'culture' lesson but I didn't write that post so don't accuse me of saying something that I didn't. You can deny all you like but I believe you are all of those people mentioned, but hey, just my opinion, let 'ppl' make up their own minds!!!!!

Messaage 77. yes Phil thats correct, I have nothing to hide but if anyone wants me off please feel free. In the past, before MSN closed their forum support there were many TRNC MSN forums for Patara city, turtle bay etc etc and lots of members on them forums that didn't actually own on those sites but joined all they could as we were/are all new to this stuff and all trying to learn and help each other through what seemed (and is proving to be) a minefield, but as I said, please remove me if it offends.

Have a good day.

sunrise

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 08:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 268 in Discussion

I would have thought that any decent person, after learning the meaning of the message, would have apologised, but obviously I was wrong.

sienna

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 08:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 90 of 268 in Discussion

read the message Irisar PROPERLY I think its you and all your pseudonyms that need to apologise for strirring and pretending to be something you are not to defend your 'son'

If RMS are doing a good job then they will have nothing whatsoever to worry about will they - if they are dealing with the day to day running of the site with transparency and honesty and collecting all the money in, showing where it all goes with accountability whats the problem !

Transparency, accountability and HONESTY is all that is being asked for is that so difficult !

millzer

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 08:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 91 of 268 in Discussion

Iris, I do not (and would not) condone the intent or meaning in message 62 at all and as i said was not aware of the meaning of oedipus thingy. I referred only due to the name 'Iris' mentioned in it therefore i have nothing to apologise about as I did not write that post. Of course I do offer my sincerest sympathies for your sad loss and can see why this would have upset you, as indeed it would anyone,so yes I do consider that comment aimed at you to be unwarranted and extremely unfair.

I do have to agree with others though that you ought to stop these games of posting under different names especially as you are the mother of the person that is managing SWB.

rocky

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 09:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 92 of 268 in Discussion

bring back ZHivago and all te original posters there are too many persoanl insults, accusations, people using false names etc this is not what the thread is all about. Lets have real honest individuals, arthur , loby, Andy F, Zhivagos desecndants, Mint JAkki and the others I have forgotten, its dementia you know

millzer

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 10:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 93 of 268 in Discussion

Rocky,

No probs I will not conribute any further to SWB issues. I was just trying to be helpful in relating my experiences as the things happening with you guys in what are very early days for you virtually mirrors all that we, and I believe one or two on other sites have already been through, but it seems the 'helpful' messengers just get shot at!

It was the pseudonym poster that was doing the 'stirring' on this thread and muddying the waters. I wish you all good luck and hope that one day you will see what I was getting at. Until you have transparancy and control of your own site you will never make any significantr moves forward in the development of your site in the future.

TekknoChicken

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 11:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 94 of 268 in Discussion

Millzer

I do not object to useful advice being offerred by anyone who might have alternative views or experiences to draw on, whether SWB owners or not. However, as has been said before, the nasty and bullying way in which these opinions are sometimes offered does cause offence.

Thank you for you honesty in msg 88. Like (I suspect) many others, I had assumed that the 'Private Forum for owners of units at Sweetwaterbay' was exactly that. If this is not the case, and as the forum is by invite only, then the forum should state clearly who the composition of it's members is.

Phil

rocky

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 11:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 95 of 268 in Discussion

re 94 TC where do you fly from on Friday and at what time email me privately if you wish may be passing Stansted airport tomorro morning, Millzer useful comments always welcome its the bitching and nastiness we want off this forum... and also not welcome at SWB...I will shortly be on holiday there and dont want any cr.p or politics thank you

blonde

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 19:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 96 of 268 in Discussion

Dear Iris, you need to read Oedipus Rex again - there's so much more to the story than the sordid side. Anyway, I know much more. Mmm, let's see, there's something at the back of my mind about 'unpaid communal charges'. OK, no, won't go there. Or, is any one interested? Let me know! SWB will be a good site; once it is run properly - for every one, not just a select few. RMS may yet live up to our expectations ... again, the word is 'transparency'. I suggest they (especially Mike) try that and see how the tide turns in their favour!

Milou

Message Posted:
25/06/2009 22:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 97 of 268 in Discussion

message 26 - Premadonna

What you failed to mention is that the road in question is the dirt track tha passes right in front of our villa; we were getting between 40 -51 vehicles a day down it. We had requested ore than once for the track to be watered daily and the side gate to be left open permanently so that lighter vehicles could enter the site that way. These requests had been refused. We had every right to protect our home.

Once the situation was explained to the police, the situation was quickly resolved; the got the gate opened and the track watered daily as we had asked.

Milou

Iris (Mike Armstrong's mother) I believe you've been seen working in the office on site - can you explain that to us all?

regards

Who needs East-Enders - SWB is even better - next episode to follow...........

kennyb1

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 02:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 98 of 268 in Discussion

Hi Rocky/Arthur/Andy f

Kenny b here Andys mate I will be calling in at SWB probably Sat/Sun this week to feed back to Andy with an update

WILL I NEED TO PURCHASE A FLACK JACKET before entering the site?

millzer

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 07:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 99 of 268 in Discussion

kennyb it sounds like you'll be alright if you go after dark, just make sure you are out before sunrise as it starts to get a bit hot then

andy-f

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 14:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 100 of 268 in Discussion

kenny if i had known all this shit was going on i would have loaned you my site hard hat! take care and speak sson

andy and susan

andy-f

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 101 of 268 in Discussion

also forgot to tell you when your in machester departure lounge today on your way to NC,go to smiths and buy the new dvd " improve your bream fishing" with jhon wilson. watch it while your on you jollies and learn from it! perhaps next time your next peg to me at rivington you wont end up looking like a rite noddy!

have a good un x x

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 19:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 102 of 268 in Discussion

Double identities is against Rule 1. I have just done a search and it is very clear that several of you are using double identities. Please decide which identity you want to use and stick with that one....please!

Pipie

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 19:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 103 of 268 in Discussion

well done NBH !!!!

rocky

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 104 of 268 in Discussion

go on then name and shame the double ids

rocky

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 19:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 105 of 268 in Discussion

sad to see jokes on another thread about MJ dont worry folks coz Rocky lives on ,,until I get to SWB

sienna

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 19:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 106 of 268 in Discussion

well message 85 explains one ................. or two or three or 4!

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 107 of 268 in Discussion

I am not prepared to name and shame at this moment in time. I think it only fair to give those people a little nudge to say "stop it".

Those people on this forum using double identities know who they are and the only gain is for them to be able to attack others and hide behind another name. It's not a nice way to behave by upsetting others and wont be tolerated.

andy-f

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 21:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 108 of 268 in Discussion

NSBH what about the likes of me who had to sign up again after forum was attacked? my previous name andysue was lost and i had to re-sign up in my present name andy-f. i have not and can not use andysue but i bet its listed somwhere in the forum files. .

andy

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 109 of 268 in Discussion

Hi andy-f - from what I can see you are Ok so please dont worry. Nothing is showing up.

Babybean

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 23:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 110 of 268 in Discussion

I was just going to ask how many messages you have to post before you can see people's profiles, but hey I have graduated!! Does that mean I am not a newbie anymore! Andy-f, so glad you cleared up that you were andysue as there seem to be a few Andys!

Looking forward to getting some news on how things are going from people visiting, I'd love an update on 120 GLB to see if the ballustrade has been fitted yet and then I'll be happy to hand over my final payment.

By the way we have a 1 bed apartment and will be paying the same rate as everyone else on the site for the privilege of using it a couple of times a year, we knew that when we signed up to a holiday home, but I'd be delighted if there was a concessionary rate for us as I'm traditionally a northern lass who hates parting with money unduly.

Have a great time those of you that are going over.

Alison

gooligan

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 23:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 111 of 268 in Discussion

NSBHW....Rule 14

14. Member Photos

Only real photos will be uploaded.

Visit "Edit Member Info" page and click on the Member Photo to send us your photo by email.

It does state send us your photo,not Cindy Crawfords.

Live by the sword,die by the sword.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
26/06/2009 23:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 112 of 268 in Discussion

I and many others have had their photos long before the rules were drawn up. If you feel offended that I have Cindy Crawford's photo I will remove it and leave it blank. I do not object to this.

andy-f

Message Posted:
27/06/2009 00:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 113 of 268 in Discussion

NSBHW have you not got a photo of cindy crawford in the nude you can use?

gooligan

Message Posted:
27/06/2009 00:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 114 of 268 in Discussion

I was a member on this board long before any moderator was but I am still expected to obey the rules that you enforce.If someone had 2 or more memberships before the rules were introduced does that it alright then as you are saying?

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
27/06/2009 00:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 115 of 268 in Discussion

You should really be questioning those people using double identities who are clearly using them to hide behind and cause others upset. There is no need for double identities. If for example you had a business and someone didnt like you and they used one identity to have a go and then created another to also have a go at you would you be happy? Would you be happy for your business to suffer from bad publicity? Well this is what some of these people are doing. If you think this is OK then you surprise me as you seem concerned at something as trivial as me not having my real photo! As I said before I am quite happy to get rid of the Cindy Crawford photo. I dont have any issues with your request.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
27/06/2009 00:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 116 of 268 in Discussion

LOL! No Andy I havent!! LOL!

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
27/06/2009 00:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 117 of 268 in Discussion

Goodnight everyone - hope you all have a nice weekend x

millzer

Message Posted:
27/06/2009 10:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 118 of 268 in Discussion

NSBH, Message 115. I think you may have it the wrong way around when you say people are using double (or quadruple even!) identities to have a pop at businesses, as on this thread it seems like people are doing this to PROTECT certain businesses, not attack them! It's certain OWNERS that are being attacked.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
27/06/2009 10:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 119 of 268 in Discussion

I was giving an example of what has been happening on 44 as a whole. On this particular thread its individuals being attacked. Strange how there are a few people on this thread switching between users!

rocky

Message Posted:
27/06/2009 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 120 of 268 in Discussion

I suggest you name them...second request well at least the dual names

rocky

Message Posted:
27/06/2009 19:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 121 of 268 in Discussion

does anyone know if Sheila nd Phil got there ok there flight was cancelled Friday morning as the aircarft was in bits in Turkey praps they dont have spare planes...

sunrise

Message Posted:
28/06/2009 09:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 122 of 268 in Discussion

Rocky, just to let you know Sheila & Phil did arrive ok, yesterday afternoon.

andy-f

Message Posted:
28/06/2009 21:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 123 of 268 in Discussion

just got our final invoice from yoav, looks like we will be moving in during our stay at the end of july yipee! !

we owe 35 grand and thats with all the add ons and kdv etc what would you lot hold back till any snags have been sorted? also had text from ken who went down to have a look this morning and hes bowled over by our site says people were in pool and says gardens are awsome .

andy

rocky

Message Posted:
29/06/2009 09:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 124 of 268 in Discussion

its time to get exited again two weeks to take off hopefully as we arrive late at night the electricity will be on for the air con and fridge...Andy we come back 22/7 do you arrive after that?

sweep

Message Posted:
29/06/2009 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 125 of 268 in Discussion

andy

check your contract as it should state the amount you can hold back for unfinished snagging , defects etc.

i am sure in my contrac it stated that i could hold back two grand for unfinished work defects , to be honest i paid the lot as i couldnt be happier with it.

regards sweep.

joelo

Message Posted:
29/06/2009 13:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 126 of 268 in Discussion

Primadonna do you live permanently on site?

If not then you have no reason to critisize those who are trying to and having to put up with untruths, verbal abuse, no water, sporadic electricity, and non-cooperation from the management.

Are you aware that the 'office' to sell the apartments near Lemar is more often closed than open? When we tried to contact the management they are never available.

Have you put the management contract out to tender to get the best price available and a list of the services they will provide? This would seem the fairest way and 'Best Practice' obviously you have never been in business or have money to waste. I dont have money to waste and I want value for money.

rocky

Message Posted:
29/06/2009 19:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 127 of 268 in Discussion

good news from Connie Electricity.... meter is in we applied about 2 weeks ago, have you applied Andy, Connie did mine its difficult todo oneself From UK as there is plenty enough to do in NC without worrying about the formal stuff and paperwork when you only have limited time there. Hopefully when Andy checks the electric there will be no bad news. I have also bought a timeclock here to replace the immersion switch so one can put it on a couple of hours before you get up as solar heating aint much good at night.

Rhodesian

Message Posted:
29/06/2009 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 128 of 268 in Discussion

In response to Jakki's message 64 about the row with Arthur and Dorothy of B18:

Moira and I were about to give a friend a lift home. I wanted to drop off some tools I had borrowed from A & D first, so we drove down to their bungalow. On the way, we passed A & D walking up; Arthur said to leave the tools at the back door.

We drove on down to B18, left the tools, drove around the roundabout and drove back up. As we passed C34, A & D were on the pavement, Jackie and Arthur on the drive. Arthur had his arms around Jackie who was plainly hysterical, screaming loudly and struggling to free herself.

We stopped the car momentarily, concerned that either Jackie would break free and assault Dorothy, who is much smaller, OR have a fit and need help. But Dorothy turned her back and walked away. We drove on.

There were no plots, no setups. As for 'leave us alone', I haven't spoken to her since her arrival; Moira has said 'Hello' twice.

Spare us the dramatics and the violins.

norths4me

Message Posted:
29/06/2009 21:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 129 of 268 in Discussion

New pictures on the main home page not the construction page. Its looking amazing cant wait to go back over.

Also a new video clip is posted on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzm282nmj1U

norths4me

Message Posted:
29/06/2009 21:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 130 of 268 in Discussion

As for around 80% of this SWB 8 thread its like listening to kids in the playground "He said, She said. For goodness sake grow up and you wonder why only around 6 buyers out of 100 post here its pathetic.

rocky

Message Posted:
29/06/2009 21:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 131 of 268 in Discussion

well said n4m I endorse your comments this thread has been spoilt

andy-f

Message Posted:
29/06/2009 21:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 132 of 268 in Discussion

well said N4ME re above post ,bunch of loosers or what!

rocky re electric meter, im on to it as we speak . spoke to connie today and it looks like ill have to go to london to the trnc cosulate to get poa stamped and then get form sent over to connie whos offered to sort it at there end and all this before 29th july!

andy-f

Message Posted:
29/06/2009 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 133 of 268 in Discussion

just seen the updated pics on the home page to say we are impressed is a understement! it looks fantastic , ken baxter is over and he texted me sunday to say he had been down and he thought the site look "awsome"

susan comented about the number of sun beds, she wants to know can we put towels on them night before to claim the best ones? ( just like the germans do in spain)

LOL andy and sue

missymongrel

Message Posted:
29/06/2009 22:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 134 of 268 in Discussion

We are due to complete over the next couple of weeks and I've got a few questions ...

Has anyone had a keypad and/or air conditioning fitted by SWB/RMS?

Can anyone recommend who to go to for buildings and contents insurance?

Does anyone have a 1 or 2 bed apartment for rent on SWB for two weeks in August?

Can anyone recommend keyholders/agents other than RMS?

Cheers

MM

rocky

Message Posted:
29/06/2009 23:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 135 of 268 in Discussion

mm I have had air con fitted by SWB may as well the prices are reasonable as they purchase in bulk..you do of course get remotes as well... I did the build and contents insurance under the block policy with rms why not indeed any claimant is more likely to get favourabke treatment under a block policy.. MM why look at an apartment for August as long as you monitor the electricity usage I can may be able to do you a deal on C32...

Babybean

Message Posted:
30/06/2009 01:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 136 of 268 in Discussion

Hi MM

RMS are organising our Aircon it was easier and reasonably priced.

Sorry we can't lend you our spot, as we are still waiting to take over officially, snagging still to sort out, although you could probably force the patio doors and claim squatters rights! Only joking, the locks are supposed to have been changed!

Matt may join you in August as I think I am going to leave him to get furniture etc! Dangerous I know but he gets more time off than me!

Anyone any news on the keypad/card system it'd be quite handy?

BB

Scythian

Message Posted:
30/06/2009 17:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 137 of 268 in Discussion

Message 10 Rocky

Hello good people.

Sorry, that interfere.

Sorry my friend robot translator.

I read your debate. Words, words, words.

I was told the land in front of villas C31 to C42 - construct a new facility?

This is terrible, is not honest and not good ...

Do not write slang. My robot is crazy from the slang.

I would put it over the fence trees lemons, oranges, grapefruit, etc. gratis.

Russian dusha - generous.

P.S. Where mmmmmmm?

Scythian

andy-f

Message Posted:
30/06/2009 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 138 of 268 in Discussion

HELP! im going to the trnc consulate next wednesday can anyone tell me (who,s done it) whats involved and the costs please in getting the poa form stamped etc for our electric meter

many thanks andy

Milou

Message Posted:
30/06/2009 20:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 139 of 268 in Discussion

Missymongrel message 133

Our neighbours C39 went to Bosch who gave them better quality air-cons at a cheaper price - Bosch are in Girne.

Re: key holding service - our local friend Haji and his wife are presently doing this. Their prices are VERY reasonably and absolutely trustworthy - Haji actually works for our local police as a translater.

Re: insurance and building contents - we suggest you shop around in Girne there are any number of insurance companies and I'll be happy to direct you when you are here - in fact Haji will be able to recommend a good insurance company.

He will also organise your electric meter for £20.00.

regards

milou

Milou

Message Posted:
30/06/2009 20:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 140 of 268 in Discussion

Scythian - Message 137

Keith, my husband, has replied to you privately.

Regards

Milou

missymongrel

Message Posted:
30/06/2009 23:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 141 of 268 in Discussion

Rocky, BB and Milou,

Thanks for your responses.

BB: I can't believe your trusting Matt with the furniture!!! I can't believe you're trusting us to keep him sober enough to sort it out!!!

Rocky: thx for the offer of your place but I am looking for something small (and hopefully cheap)!

Milou: Thx for the advice. When we get there we will contact Haji for further information on the keyholding, etc.

MM

rocky

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 00:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 142 of 268 in Discussion

MM it is dangerous to assume,,, I was going to make it cheap for you but not give it away, C32 is now closed to rental offers

Arthur

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 14:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 143 of 268 in Discussion

Jakki & I have decided that it would be better for us, and the vast majority of people who view this thread if we do not make any more postings. Amongst other things, I have been accused by one correspondent of telling "a pack of lies", and as for the events last week, I would respectfully suggest that a visit to Specsavers would be in order for some.

In my opinion, there has been a campaign waged against SWB and RMS, and they, apart from the intervention of Mike's Mother, haven't responded because it would be inappropriate to do so. If one doesn't agree with those attacking SWB/RMS one is questioned as to whether you are a "moron". There have furthermore been inferences that our pool has been commissioned by RMS free of charge, which is not the case. I am assured that "Key Services" for individual owners should not and will not be subsidised by the owners as a whole.

I have further been accused of discussing the payment or non payment of management charges by individual owners. TBC

Arthur

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 15:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 144 of 268 in Discussion

Apart from the owners of one villa, who have openly stated that they have refused to pay the charges, I haven't commented on other owners payment of management charges or anyone's contracts, simply because I don't [and shouldn't] know. The owner of one bungalow kept asking me why I had said she hadn't paid her charges [which I didn't say], and despite being repeatedly told that I hadn't included her in the comment regarding the non payment of management charges didn't, or didn't want to hear.

I have stated many times that we as the owners should maintain a healthy scepticism regarding the operations of our management company, but should not start from the premise that they are out to fiddle us, as this is not the basis for a healthy relationship. Given the recent death of Mike's Father, I think msg 62 on this thread is shameful, but that is for you as individuals to decide.

If there is "wool being pulled over our eyes" or "bad news" we should all be made aware. TBC

rocky

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 15:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 145 of 268 in Discussion

welcome back Arthur and Jackie... please keep in touch by email hope you had a great time odging the bulletts

rocky

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 15:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 146 of 268 in Discussion

whoops sorry dropped the d

Arthur

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 16:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 147 of 268 in Discussion

Unless I have missed it [I am to all practical purposes blind in one eye], I haven't seen specific matters raised. We all have [or for those who haven't completed will have] snagging problems, and we still have some issues to be sorted, although each time they get less and less.

Although I obviously don't agree with those who take a contrary viewpoint, I defend their right to hold and express that view. It seems however that we do not receive that reciprocal respect. There are various issues that will be answered privately and vigorously outside this forum.

It is for all the owners to take possession of their properties, deal with their individual snagging issues and matters pertaining to their contracts. If there are matters which affect owners as a whole [such as management by RMS], at the end of the appointment period owners can decide whether to keep or replace them. As I have said before, please make up your own minds, and don't be swayed by the views of us or others. TBC

Arthur

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 16:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 148 of 268 in Discussion

Rocky- too many "t"s in bullets!!

Finally, [and this really is finally], those who want to keep in contact can e-mail us, or preferrably buy me an Efes when we're next at SWB.

davidoff

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 19:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 149 of 268 in Discussion

Hello Strangers,

Long time no speak tooo!!!

Well I sure have missed alot??

Firstly I cant believe that some are still after everything stirring the pot and playing the same old broken record time and time again???

Its so tiring , premature as well as immature!

There are a few that clearly have no other intention than to create, condem and blacken SWB and RMS reputation over and over again!

It is becoming increasingly bitter, twisted and irritating!

Life goes on and SWB and RMS given the chance will prove some wrong in their pre-judgements- time will tell.

The site looks fantastic and is coming along successfully regardless of one or two people negativity.

Some are helbent on making things personal which definately is not the democratic, responsible and mature way to address things!!

Trying to FORCE YOUR ACCUSATIONS AND OPINIONS ON OTHERS is definately not the wayto persuade or convince others.

All the best guys and gals!

Dont worry be happy!

dav xxx

rocky

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 20:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 150 of 268 in Discussion

welcome back D-off when r u due out to SWB?

steviec

Message Posted:
01/07/2009 22:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 151 of 268 in Discussion

Hello all,

What a load of tosh feel very sorry for people who have not had a choice but to live on a building site with a management company that havent started to manage properly. the site and the management need time to bed in then once established the residents can make a decision wether can manage it themselves or employ another company. What Ive seen so far would have RMS over any resident including me anyday of the week running it.

On more positive news going over to stay for 2 weeks on the 13th August, Wife and 3 children 13,10,5. The family not been over yet and quite apprensive.

Packing everything from medical kit to TV to placemats, cant wait.

Anybody over at same time be good to meet.

Alexo

Message Posted:
02/07/2009 11:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 152 of 268 in Discussion

Hello Folks,

Have been reading the postings on here and I just hope that things cool down a little, it can be a great site and it certainly seems to be heading that way so I hope all is resolved in the near future.

I have now paid my last installment, well it was about a month ago now and I shall also be paying the maintenance fees, I am willing to give RMS a shot at the running of the complex for a year or two, if things go pear shaped then I believe we shall need to take action and to do so together as a group.

I shall be over towards the end of July and I intend to enjoy myself and relax, I shall make sure I become acquainted once again with that fine Turkish gentleman, Mr. Efes, we became very good friends on my last visit there and I have some very fond memories of our time together, although my wife tells me I seem to have forgotten quite a lot of it.

So I look forward to meeting my new neighbours and any other residents of SWB during my time there later this months

Alexo

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 05:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 153 of 268 in Discussion

Continued from message 152.

and also in the future.

Good luck to all.

Alex.

missymongrel

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 17:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 154 of 268 in Discussion

Re: msg 142

Rocky,

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you by saying I wanted something cheap. I just thought that because it's one of the "C" properties it would be more expensive than an apartment.

Apologies

MM

andy-f

Message Posted:
03/07/2009 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 155 of 268 in Discussion

hi all im booked on the virgin fast train to london wednesday to go to the trnc consulate to get POA so connie and co can get our electric meter installed before we take possesion end of this month ( its like a childs adventure!) .

rocky ive e-mailed you

andy-f

Message Posted:
05/07/2009 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 156 of 268 in Discussion

new pics on web site (ours included) looks fantastic !

rocky

Message Posted:
07/07/2009 01:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 157 of 268 in Discussion

what a nice peaceful thread no one is airing dirty washing lovely...goodnight I c u r watching Mint

TekknoChicken

Message Posted:
07/07/2009 01:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 158 of 268 in Discussion

More new pictures on the Snapfish site too, and a special folder for you Andy. If any owners want access and haven't been invited yet, let us know and we'll send you an invite.

Spent far too much money last week, but we're on the home stretch now A few snagging issues, but nothing that can't be fixed. The pools, jacuzzi & sauna were a welcome break from cleaning.

Thanks to all who made us welcome on site, new faces & old.

As usual, SWB & RMS were great.

Phil

rocky

Message Posted:
07/07/2009 10:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 159 of 268 in Discussion

Hi TC good photos why was that workman sitting near our jaccuzi?

mint1955

Message Posted:
07/07/2009 11:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 160 of 268 in Discussion

I let him of for a few minutes from the list of jobs to do

andy-f

Message Posted:
07/07/2009 15:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 161 of 268 in Discussion

thanks phil and sheila,we are thrilled with what we have seen . looks like a busey two weeks are in store for yours truely! ( not told her im going fishing with lee and co ( sweep) when over yet ooch!)

andy

mint1955

Message Posted:
08/07/2009 21:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 162 of 268 in Discussion

Well its taken a few days to get sorted back here in the UK and now we can start planning again 3 Teens are all looking forward to coming over with us in August. The site is really coming on well and help as always was forthcoming.

Belki yarin was the order of the day and for someone who works in logistics that can be oh so frustrating. But we managed to do what we set out to do and so much more thanks to friends old and new.

BBQ's, meals out, swimming, sauna and a couple of session in the jacuzzi meant that we did get some down time. The rest of the time was shopping!!

For everyone going out soon, enjoy.

Sheila&Phil

andy-f

Message Posted:
08/07/2009 23:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 163 of 268 in Discussion

rocky ive sent you a e-mail

rocky

Message Posted:
09/07/2009 00:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 164 of 268 in Discussion

ok Andy I will be in touch

norths4me

Message Posted:
10/07/2009 18:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 165 of 268 in Discussion

We got informed today that our permission to purchase has finally been granted after 2 years 4 months

Might think about buying an apartment now that im allowed to

mint1955

Message Posted:
10/07/2009 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 166 of 268 in Discussion

Thats fantastic news NFM we will raise a glass in congrats.

means we have another year ish to go

Sheila&Phil

andy-f

Message Posted:
10/07/2009 20:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 167 of 268 in Discussion

N4ME do you mean you will buy another ? or your first im confused as i know you have bought at sweetwaterbay . congrats anyway

andy

norths4me

Message Posted:
10/07/2009 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 168 of 268 in Discussion

Sheila, Andy Thanks may have a glass or six tonight myself.

Andy I was been sarcastic

andy-f

Message Posted:
10/07/2009 21:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 169 of 268 in Discussion

silly me beem caught on a size fours again!

Alexo

Message Posted:
11/07/2009 06:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 170 of 268 in Discussion

Folks,

I will be over in Cyprus on the 22rd of July, if anyone would like me to take some snaps of their units please let me know the number and I will try and post on Snapfish or mail as attachments.

Really looking forward to it now.

Good luck to all,

Alex.

rocky

Message Posted:
11/07/2009 09:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 171 of 268 in Discussion

alexo hi you go out the day we come back what time do you arrive ????we leave mid morning

Babybean

Message Posted:
11/07/2009 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 172 of 268 in Discussion

Hi Alexo

Would be delighted if you could get photos of 120 GLB which faces out to the football/tennis courts. 120GRB has apparently had a ballustrade fitted and I would like to see what they look like as we are still requesting one for ours due to the height. Andy and Edith are fighting our corner with the builders as is Stuart the Surveyor but it would be nice to get new photos.

Many thanks

Alison

lobylud

Message Posted:
12/07/2009 17:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 173 of 268 in Discussion

Hi everybody,

My daughter and I have been back a week now and the site is looking fantastic.

It was quiet and it was almost like having my own private pool, sauna, jacuzzi and gym.

I'm sure as we get closer to the school holidays that situation will change.

Met Sheila and Phil and some other owners which was very nice and look forward to meeting others over the next few visits.

Our furniture and blinds soon arrived and it's starting to look like a proper holiday home now.

Our suitcases though are still going to contain more household goods than clothes during the next few flights.

A few teething troubles to begin with in the apartment but they were soon attended to by SWB/RMS and there are a couple of Brit workers onsite who soon crack on with the work.

Babybean if you haven't seen any photos of the ballustrade yet, one thing you should know is that they go completely around the patio and there isn't a gap so you would have to climb over if you wanted to leave that way !

missymongrel

Message Posted:
12/07/2009 22:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 174 of 268 in Discussion

We are going over to NC in just under 2 weeks. The snagging has been done and there are some bits and pieces that need to be sorted out. Does anyone know approximately how long this takes? We were hoping to move in pretty much straight away but we now have to wait for this to be done. I have emailed Yoav and Edith but neither have got back to me with timescales - and Yoav's usually quick at responding to emails so I'm slightly worried now!

Once all the snagging's complete, how long does it then take to get the electricity meter and the contracts signed in order to move in?

andy-f

Message Posted:
12/07/2009 23:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 175 of 268 in Discussion

hi marisa we are over from wednesday 29th july so look forward to putting faces to names. re the electric meter. i dont know if you read any of my posts on this but its a important issue , connie is this week going to kibtek with a POA form i have had sent over with rocky and applying for us, she told me last week it was taking one week after application to get installed. we are staying at our freinds appartment on turtle bay while we move in during the two weeks, we have not had any report on snagging so not a clue where we stand at moment.

andy

missymongrel

Message Posted:
13/07/2009 00:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 176 of 268 in Discussion

Hi Andy

Thanks for that. I believe that we can't put in for the meter until we're fully complete, is that right? I have given someone POA to do this on our behalf so if it can be done before that then I will instruct him to do so.

Which Turtle Bay are you staying at? I've seen some apartments for rent on the one opposite the golf course and I think that's where we will try and get if our apartment isn't ready.

Marisa

andy-f

Message Posted:
13/07/2009 00:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 177 of 268 in Discussion

yes itsthe one opposite the korenium golf club. you wont have a problem getting a rental here as its massive and there are loads for rent. simply post on here or better still they have a turtle bay owners forum but some one whos a member will have to advertise this for you. my brother inlaw rented here in april he will have contact details i think, if you want me to find out let me know.

its a great site with two bar resteraunts and eight pools we love it

regardsandy

Alexo

Message Posted:
13/07/2009 04:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 178 of 268 in Discussion

Rocky,

We arrive at Ercan airport at 11 am, we shall be staying in the Pia Bella for the first few days, just to make sure everything is in good order and then we shall relocate to Sweetwater for the remainder of the Holiday.

I have hired a car to be collected at the airport so we may go to Sweetwater directly from there and check in at the Hotel later in the day.

My Daughter and Grandson will be arriving a little later in the day but they will arriving at Larnaca on a direct flight from Manchester so we will need to be back at the Hotel for their arrival.

If I miss you this time I'm sure we will get to split a bottle or two on future visits, if I don't see you this time, good luck to you and the family and I hope you have enjoyed yourselves.

Alex.

Alexo

Message Posted:
13/07/2009 04:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 179 of 268 in Discussion

BabyBean,

Reference message 172.

Not a problem, I will post on snapfish and also send as attachments to your e mail address, good luck with the ballustrade, hope everything works out OK for you.

Regards,

Alex.

andy-f

Message Posted:
13/07/2009 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 180 of 268 in Discussion

ee its exciting isnt it? i remember the days running up to us getting the keys for our first house a terraced, it was 16 500 pounds and we had sleeples nights worrying about paying the mortgage.

twenty years later and living in a different house we are about to get the keys to our own holliday home in north cyprus.

if anyone would have told me this five years ago i would think you were insane!

LOL

andy and susan and alexandra

mint1955

Message Posted:
13/07/2009 21:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 181 of 268 in Discussion

Andy - Nothing beats the first cup of tea or the first efes or the first sleep in your own place at SWB. We wre like a couple of kids

Sheila&Phil

samblaney1985

Message Posted:
14/07/2009 10:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 182 of 268 in Discussion

morning all

so excited! booked my flights last night, cant do the full week i wanted to but im over from 6-11th aug. going to book into the pia bella for night 1 and 2 then hopefully will be able to stay in the apartment.... is anyone else over at that time?

x

jac k

Message Posted:
14/07/2009 13:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 183 of 268 in Discussion

Hi, we come over on Sunday next - staying till 23/8. Renting for first week and hope to move in as soon as furniture is delivered from shipping co....... tee! hee! xxx how exciting!!

andy-f

Message Posted:
14/07/2009 19:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 184 of 268 in Discussion

yes we are also there then , july 29th to wednesday 12th august we are also excited. bought our tv today a 22inch samsung and im going to tesco in hour to get our dvd player.

LOL andy and susan and alex

samblaney1985

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 10:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 185 of 268 in Discussion

are you going to bring it over on the plane andy & sue?? is anyone else doing this?

mint1955

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 11:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 186 of 268 in Discussion

Glad you are sorted Sam. Yes people do take small flat screen tv's in their suitcases just leave in box and stuff it full of soft stuff and pack around box really well.

Sheila

mint1955

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 11:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 187 of 268 in Discussion

Jac Have a great trip and you will be all settled in by the time we get there again.

Sheila

mint1955

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 11:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 188 of 268 in Discussion

Alexo, How long are you there for?

Sheila

mint1955

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 11:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 189 of 268 in Discussion

Marissa, Have you got sorted now for electric etc and somewhere to stay for the first couple of days?

Sheila C41

mint1955

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 190 of 268 in Discussion

Our roving reporter this week is Rocky who flies out today

andy-f

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 19:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 191 of 268 in Discussion

sam re mees 185 yes we are taking it over in suitcase, susan is at this moment experimenting at which way is best to protect it. ive also rang a satellite firm to arange install of nilesat free to air system costing 295ytl. i own my own aeriall and satellite installation compny but at the price they will do it for doesnt make sense me even taking my own receiver over

mint1955

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 20:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 192 of 268 in Discussion

Andy, What stations will you be able to get?

Sheila

norths4me

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 20:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 193 of 268 in Discussion

Sheila

We got Nilesat fitted when we were over in April. We found it to be fine and suits our needs with the channel choice. There are at least 200+ channels most of which are Arabic. The watchable English channels (With Arabic subtitles) You get Dubai 1 which is very similar to Sky 1, Fox series, Fox Movies plus 3 other movie channels, BBC world plus about 4 other news channels there are some others but I cant remember them.

Hope that helps

andy-f

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 20:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 194 of 268 in Discussion

N4ME thanks you stole my thunder. you only need a 90cm dish for nilesat and i researched it against the 13 east feed from eutelsat where infact a 60cm dish is all you need but there isnt as many free to air english channels on hotbird 13east.

hope this helps , andy

sweep

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 195 of 268 in Discussion

andy f

flights booked, see you there or at airport, we are the ones with three big bright blue plastic suitcases,

out 29th/ 07 approx 09.00am mcr with monach.

norths4me

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 21:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 196 of 268 in Discussion

Andy, Sweep.

Be careful you don't Blank

Have a good holiday

andy-f

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 21:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 197 of 268 in Discussion

ok lee see you at airport, we will have a beer. looking forward to going fishing allthough it will be mad hot

andy-f

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 198 of 268 in Discussion

N4ME we wont!

norths4me

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 21:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 199 of 268 in Discussion

YOU WILL unless you try this method,

http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/print/2008/6/tesco-lotus-fish.jpg

andy-f

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 21:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 200 of 268 in Discussion

N4ME ive tried it a few times and blanked every time !

mint1955

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 22:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 201 of 268 in Discussion

Who is / did you get Nilesat fitted through?

norths4me

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 22:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 202 of 268 in Discussion

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/11655.asp

andy-f

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 23:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 203 of 268 in Discussion

sheila ive e-mailed you

mint1955

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 23:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 204 of 268 in Discussion

Thanks Guys I will look into this and will be interested to hear what programmes you get Andy.

We have just booked our flights for New Year Just need to get a wood burner fitted now.

Sheila&Phil

mint1955

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 23:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 205 of 268 in Discussion

Oh and internet connection!!!

andy-f

Message Posted:
15/07/2009 23:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 206 of 268 in Discussion

ok sheila .

we are also thinking of going out for new year. what sort of cost are flights at this time of year?

mint1955

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 00:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 207 of 268 in Discussion

We have a free flight with air miles to use so we are going to treat ourselves although we come in via Larnaca with British Airways so we will get our car hire company to collect us.

But KTHY from Stansted to Ercan was about £250 each return.

Sheila

norths4me

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 00:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 208 of 268 in Discussion

Sheila, We are also hopefully coming out for New Year so make sure your stove is fitted as there will be a large number of guests.

The good news is Andy F has offered to charter and pay for a mini bus to drive us all to Girne for the NY celebrations and also drive us back personally about 5am. I am so impressed by that guy

mint1955

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 00:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 209 of 268 in Discussion

Stove is hopefully in hand to be organised while we are there in August but I need to know has anyone used Turkcell 3G successfully at Sweetwater Bay. Mainly need to be able to check email and be in contact with the kids.

New Year hot tub outside stove inside Bottle of bubbly and we will all be set!!

Sheila

norths4me

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 01:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 210 of 268 in Discussion

On a slightly different note.

Arthur, Jakki, Your input is missed so don't mind the put you down gang your posts are appreciated.

samblaney1985

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 11:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 211 of 268 in Discussion

morning all,

sheila- all sorted just need to get a few other bits like draws, table etc but ive had a look. theres not much choice on the internet sites is there? ill need to get some extra bits when im there so its going to be a busy 4 days... hoping to go out later in the year to relax and enjoy it!! im confused about whether to bring a tv or not now.... i dont think ill get that satelite you have all been talking about though, might just take a bunch of dvds with me to leave.electric meter is all in place now just waiting to hear bk re my whites good package... ive booked in at the oscar resort for the 1st 2days.my brothers been kind enough to offer to take bits in his case ha ha....yatsan have been so helpful, been speaking to sifa and the delivery and set up of anything you buy is free!! getting my bed, dining table n chairs and tv stand from them! makes sense..... still undecided on the sofa, better get a move on!!hope everyones well, speak and see some of you soon x

samblaney1985

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 11:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 212 of 268 in Discussion

forgot to ask, has anyone heard back about more secure locks being fitted on our doors?

Arthur

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 12:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 213 of 268 in Discussion

Okay, okay, I'm back again; many thanks for the kind comments from lots of you. Jackie was pretty upset by some of the postings made by other commentators a couple of weeks or so ago, suffice to say we won't be intimidated.

The "new style" locks have, I assume, been fitted. They are far better, but not a perfect solution. Unless you fit handles on the doors [like Andy has at the SWB office], the only way to make sure you can slide the locking bolts home is by going outside to get a better grip, and sliding the whole door [you'll see what I mean when you're there].

We next visit in September, but I guess most of you mad fools will have gone out in August [& fried to a crisp]. I do expect to find Andy F sitting in our garden, wearing a pointy hat, dangling his fishing line into a bucket.

Sam, don't take DVDs, Andy in the office has load you can borrow. As for the satellite Andy, do you get the footie?

Regards

Arthur

P.S. Rocky's quiet- don't tell me he's "consoling" Jordan!

samblaney1985

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 17:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 214 of 268 in Discussion

haha i think he is, out with the old (julia) and in with the new (jordan) ha ha.....

andy-f

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 19:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 215 of 268 in Discussion

welcome back arthur you have been missed, but the rest of us kept the thread warm until your inevitable return. re "do we get the footy" simple answer is i dont know , but im sure there will be champions league and prem on one of the arabic channels ( nilesat is the main satellte feed for dubai) allthough this system is the none subscription service.

N4ME you wont want me driving you from your appartment to mine after a shedfull never mind down the coast road ! we will get memmhet from chariots car hire to ferry us in his nice eight seater merc AND YOU CAN PAY !

Arthur

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 20:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 216 of 268 in Discussion

..........so it's round to Andy's apartment for footie and a few cans of Efes then.............................................

andy-f

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 22:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 217 of 268 in Discussion

ours it is then arthur, efes for the boys wine for the girls

andy-f

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 23:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 218 of 268 in Discussion

kens back from his three weeks in north cyprus and i spoke with him yesterday, he went down to our site to have a look and take a few pics of fergusson heights. hes very impressed to say the least says pool area is fantastic but short of more sun loungers and brollies, now ive pionted this out when the first photos of the finished pool area were posted on web site. as anyone heard if more are being installed?

if not me and susan are experts at "the german game" had plenty expeirence after loads of hotel hollidays in spain and the ballierics!

regards andy

mint1955

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 23:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 219 of 268 in Discussion

Come on girls we will have to have a girlie night while they are watching footie!!

andy-f

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 23:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 220 of 268 in Discussion

how about a miss SWB wet tee shirt comp for the girls? im sure me and a few of the lads will be willing to act as judges

LOL andy

mint1955

Message Posted:
16/07/2009 23:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 221 of 268 in Discussion

Hmmmmmmmm !! What's the prize ?

norths4me

Message Posted:
17/07/2009 00:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 222 of 268 in Discussion

Arthur welcome back,

Andy I accept your offer to pay for the Taxi, very generous off you,

Miss SWB never mind judging it!!!!!! I think I could win it

andy-f

Message Posted:
17/07/2009 23:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 223 of 268 in Discussion

we could also have a mr sweetwaterbay mr muscle comp?

as we say in wigan owt for a laff!

Arthur

Message Posted:
17/07/2009 23:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 224 of 268 in Discussion

Andy forget the Mr Muscle. As a result of a health problem that I had five years ago, I'm close to being blind in my right eye, although my left eye is fine. If I put an eyepatch on my left eye, can I claim blindness to examine the contestants by hand for the wet teeshirt competition?

As for Mr Muscle, I reckon it'll be Mr Fat B#st#rd

andy-f

Message Posted:
17/07/2009 23:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 225 of 268 in Discussion

funny that arthur as im all but blind in my left eye so i think it fair me and you are the wet T shirt judges!

we will let susan and jacki or who ever wants to volenteer to judge the mr muscle or even better mr beer belly comp

lol andy

Arthur

Message Posted:
18/07/2009 00:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 226 of 268 in Discussion

Still worried about Rocky. Saw the re-run of the Jordan interview; she didn't mention him once!!!

Alexo

Message Posted:
18/07/2009 05:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 227 of 268 in Discussion

Sheila,

Message 188.

We arrive on 22nd of July and leave August 5th but it takes a fair amount of time for us to get there as we have to fly from Saigon to Singapore then on to Dubai, then Istanbul and lastly to Ercan and it is a three hour car journey just to get to Saigon from where we are living at the moment but it will be worth it.

If you need anything while we are there just drop me a line.

When are you next out yourselves, if we don't see you this time we hope to catch up with you and Phil some time soon.

Good luck to you both.

Alex.

mint1955

Message Posted:
19/07/2009 11:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 228 of 268 in Discussion

Wow Alex, Some journey, we will miss you again but have a great time. There will be loads of you out at the same time.

Sheila&Phil

Arthur

Message Posted:
19/07/2009 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 229 of 268 in Discussion

Alex- you're coming from Saigon. Are you bringing your own "gardeners" with you?

If you do, don't leave the windows open because everyone will be able to smell the "produce"!!!

missymongrel

Message Posted:
19/07/2009 21:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 230 of 268 in Discussion

From our snagging report, it has raised a couple of queries that I can't seem to get SWB to respond to. However, I wondered if any of you guys have had similar queries that perhaps will enable you to answer these:

1) Type of Construction - How will people gain access to maintain the storage tanks plumbing etc, that are located on the roof?

2) Roof - Stuart has said that he's seen problems with water backing up on part of the roof to the apartments and he has said that the design for the discharge of water from this section is not the best - is SWB planning on rectifying this?

3) Walls - Snagging reports that AC units are not to be hung on the external leaf of the wall - will the AC units be hung on these walls?

4) Bathroom - Has the concrete floor in the bathroom been treated with a waterproof coating so that is is water resistant?

5) Once the snagging works are done, is the cleaning redone to an acceptable standard?

to be continued

missymongrel

Message Posted:
19/07/2009 22:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 231 of 268 in Discussion

Also, apparently the balustrade that is on the stairs leading down from the roof terrace is too low and is a safety concern. Has anyone else had this problem? Was it rectified free of charge or did you have to pay?

Edith spoke to my hubby yesterday and she thinks that we may have to pay for this to be altered as the height is standard. However, we can't remember it being this low in the show house.

Edith's going to have a look at it tomorrow for us but I just wondered if anyone else had come across this?

Thx

MM

Alexo

Message Posted:
20/07/2009 04:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 232 of 268 in Discussion

Arthur,

Sorry mate, just me and the wife and loads and loads of gear but none of it for smoking I'm afraid.

Cheers,

Alex.

andy-f

Message Posted:
20/07/2009 20:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 233 of 268 in Discussion

hi all, we have just had confirmation from yoav that our final monies have reached SWB. in the breakdown is kdv, communial charge for six months and other bits like upgrades and the infrastructure charge, can some tell me what a three bedroom appartments monthly comunial charge is? its impossible to workout from this invoice as three items have been added together?

daft lad from wigan not moaning just wondering

mint1955

Message Posted:
20/07/2009 21:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 234 of 268 in Discussion

Intial site management for the first 6 months is £300 the figure for ongoing monthly after that has not been finalised neither has the date when RMS take on the site. All units will be paying the same as far as I know each month.

Sheila

mint1955

Message Posted:
20/07/2009 21:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 235 of 268 in Discussion

Ah just remembered its £720 per unit per year so thats £60 per month

andy-f

Message Posted:
20/07/2009 22:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 236 of 268 in Discussion

thanks sheila. so when and how do we pay it? i know ken pays hes at turtle bay every time he goes over

mint1955

Message Posted:
20/07/2009 22:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 237 of 268 in Discussion

Its not started yet so dont worry about it SweetwaterBay have got to put a end date on their initial 6 months then everyone starts with RMS. When it does start, the idea of paying it when you go over saves those dreaded bank charges.

missymongrel

Message Posted:
20/07/2009 23:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 238 of 268 in Discussion

Hi guys

Please ignore my msg 230 as I have received a response from Yoav regarding this. However, has anyone else had any problems regarding the height of their balustrades on their penthouse apartments?

MM

Andy-F we're sorted with an apartment at Turtle Bay but I don't know the number yet. As soon as I have this info, I will let you know; it would be great to to meet up.

If anyone wants any photos taking, please let me know your unit numbers and I will do this for you.

Arthur

Message Posted:
20/07/2009 23:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 239 of 268 in Discussion

No posts from Rocky since 11th July. Should we send out:

a) tracker dog

b) RNLI

c) Interpol

d) International Rescue

e) Katie Price

andy-f

Message Posted:
21/07/2009 00:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 240 of 268 in Discussion

great marisa.

let us know your appartment number and we will drop by , look forward to it

regards andy

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
21/07/2009 00:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 241 of 268 in Discussion

andy-f. How long has Wigan been in Cheshire?

andy-f

Message Posted:
21/07/2009 00:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 242 of 268 in Discussion

scince about april when the south scammers came after me ! when forum was attacked i had to re-sighn up in different name and e-mail. any way cheshire is posh and i do a lot of work their ( im in lymm in morning) . i live leigh side of wigan and just over east lancs from the greyhound it says cheshire!

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
21/07/2009 00:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 243 of 268 in Discussion

Must be posh I live there. You know what they say about Wiganers - you can tell em but you can't tell em anythin!! Are you a Wigoon supporter?

samblaney1985

Message Posted:
21/07/2009 10:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 244 of 268 in Discussion

morning all, hope you are well..... just been looking on the internet for some bits and come across something that says you can subscribe monthly for british channels through the interenet into your tv..... anyone heard of this?? also someone i work with said i could bring a freeview box, havent heard anyone mention this??

thanks

Sam

x

mint1955

Message Posted:
21/07/2009 13:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 245 of 268 in Discussion

Hi Sam,

All too technical for me but I am sure someone will be along to help soon. I bet you are getting excited to see your place? Remember it will be sooooo hot when you are out so have a good rest .

Sheila xx

keithcaley

Message Posted:
21/07/2009 13:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 246 of 268 in Discussion

FreeView boxes will not work here, you may be referring to FreeSat boxes...

There have been many discussions on here about how to watch either 'English Language' or 'UK' TV - here is one such: -

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/5095.asp

You can find out more by going to the bottom of the page, and clicking on 'television' or by searching using the search box at the top of the page - this searches cypus44 only, and is quite powerful.

To watch all BBC / ITV content you will need a 4.2 meter satellite dish and suitable satellite receiver, although other UK content can be viewed using a 1.8 meter dish.

BBC news, CNN , and a few Free-to-air English language film channels (with Arabic subtitles! - intended for Dubai/ Saudi / Emirates viewers) can be received easily from the Nilesat satellite using a 1 meter dish and a standard digital satellite box (under£50 from Maplins in the UK).

Again, there is plenty of info on here for you to find without me rabbiting on about it!

Keith.

samblaney1985

Message Posted:
21/07/2009 15:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 247 of 268 in Discussion

hi Sheila,

I cant wait!!! im all sorted going to pakc next week.... just a few minor things to decide on like do i bring a tv, and do i hire a car while im out there.... does anyone know how far the oscar hotel is from where we are?

thanks Keith for the info.... i might sound dim / lazy but it all seems too confusing anf too much hassle... saying that i might just sort it next time im out when i have more time on my hands. starting to think 4 days will not be enough! i have yatsan delivery my furniture on 7th Aug! wooooo! so happy its all finally coming together

mint1955

Message Posted:
21/07/2009 16:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 248 of 268 in Discussion

Hi Sam, I would say yes hire a car we are a fair distance to most things. Oscars is in Kyrenia so you will have a approx 45 minute car journey i think from memory. There is a small shop just up the road for some basics but it is just basics. You can book a hire car from the airport or if Oscars are collecting you then just get a hire car when there that you can drop back at the airport. (I am assuming you are coming into Ercan?) Not worth taking a tv unless you have a dvd player. Give me a ring and I might be able to help more.

Sheila

andy-f

Message Posted:
21/07/2009 23:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 249 of 268 in Discussion

sam re tv. the only way you can get english tv is via satellite . forget video streaming thro the internet . im having a 90cm dish fitted and a digital receiver to receive the 7 west feed from nile sat costing 295ytl , this will give me about fifteen english channels free to air no subscription.

no disrespect but i aint stopped laughing about you thinking you could get "freeveiw" in north cyprus.

what would be fantastic for everyone would be freesat which is a brilliant system and my company here in the uk are insalling it everyday , the problem is its delivered from the astra bird 2A at 28east and you would need a dish the size of joderall bank to get it! ( well 4.2 meter anyway)

lol andy

norths4me

Message Posted:
22/07/2009 00:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 250 of 268 in Discussion

Andy

If I got a Freesat box and connected it to my existing Sky system would it work without having to adjust the dish as I think the Sky dish is pointing to the same satellite.

samblaney1985

Message Posted:
22/07/2009 10:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 251 of 268 in Discussion

ha ha andy ur very funny!! im glad i gave you a giggle!!! i didnt think it was poss but thought i might as well check....

not long now till i go. cant wait to feel the sun on my skin ... only get to relax for a few hours on the last day but its better than nothing!

Arthur

Message Posted:
22/07/2009 12:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 252 of 268 in Discussion

Andy, with all the talk about aerials, I've just sussed that you've been referring to TVs. I innocently thought your reference to a 22" Samsung in message 184 was something to keep Susan happy whilst you went fishing.....

andy-f

Message Posted:
22/07/2009 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 253 of 268 in Discussion

N4ME yes is the answer. the feed for freesat is the same feed as sky (astra 2a 28.2 east) if you sacked sky simply screw the f connector off the sky box and onto the free sat box and start a channel scan , job sorted.

arthur funny that as mines not far off 22" !

Arthur

Message Posted:
22/07/2009 21:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 254 of 268 in Discussion

22" ? Hope you don't get too excited, we don't want you keeling over due to not enough blood getting to your brain.

Susan told me that was a phallusy, sorry, I meant fallacy!!!!

andy-f

Message Posted:
22/07/2009 21:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 255 of 268 in Discussion

now now arthur !

angels

Message Posted:
22/07/2009 23:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 256 of 268 in Discussion

Hi Sheila

hope you are well just to let you guys know that JOYA BAR AND BISTRO IS NOW OPEN AT KUCUK ERENKOY CRYSTAL BAY MARINA AND ITS FANTASTIC... GREAT FOOD AND DRINK AND STAFF ARE GREAT.

D

andy-f

Message Posted:
22/07/2009 23:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 257 of 268 in Discussion

angels how far is joya bistro from sweetwaterbay?

Arthur

Message Posted:
23/07/2009 00:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 258 of 268 in Discussion

Andy, must be about 2-3 miles, same as Stevie's Bar and also Moulos Inn. A bit longer than 22" whichever way you look at it!!!

andy-f

Message Posted:
23/07/2009 00:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 259 of 268 in Discussion

arthur i can see i aint going ever live this down!

its acctualy 18 meters long when fully erect!

im talking about my LERC gis 10 fishing pole!

lol andy

rocky

Message Posted:
23/07/2009 07:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 260 of 268 in Discussion

like Arnie said, I said I would be back and I am. Stacato reply.. Weather hot hot (38) air con essential. Site looks brilliant. some Penthouse rails too low when descending from the gods.dangerous recognised by SWB. extras rails need fitting Geordie Girl has had it done.(havu seen her dining table?).Seats around pool 2 few but few people around not a problem yet, people not winding the umbrellas down when they leave pool. I sorted them around 6am in the morning before my jacuzzi when twas windy at night, they will get broken or blow into pool so please owners/ tenants have some sense.Be very careful in the jacuzzi area very slippery on tiles when wet the flooring as around the pool would have been better extended however swb?rms aware, non stick covering paint! sbeen orderd. I would prefer rubber mats, walk carefully tell the children no running I witnessed two nasty falls.Taxi from Larnaca 7 seater £50 if you also hire a car try Serhan great guy(i have his number) (cont)

rocky

Message Posted:
23/07/2009 07:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 261 of 268 in Discussion

Andy your place has all the upgarded s/s electrics in but not yet fitted,(its on Andys list to make sure done before you go out) dont worry, the landscaping is completed in most areas and of course the plants are irrigated and growing well the gravel and immatur plants are in around 133.I do like the toilets with the inbuilt bottom water jet rather than a bidet...the less tissue you put down the better I think as the drains may not be clear of debris from the builders..def nothing other than tissue and as little as possible.methinx.The path to the beach is in but swb and rms are concerned about heavy rain and durability. The water meters are being fitted (not very discretely placed I might add) ) and I think we should form a little group to report on each others electric and water meter readings to monitor usage..when we overseas owners are absent...

rocky

Message Posted:
23/07/2009 08:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 262 of 268 in Discussion

photos on snapfish including rear railings that someone requested also two cold water supplies to wc to one is the bottom spray

mint1955

Message Posted:
23/07/2009 09:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 263 of 268 in Discussion

Welcome back Rocky, Great report and photos good to hear that things have moved on yet again and that considerations are being made as problems arise. I guess electric is easy we can just take our fuses out but not sure what we can do about water being pinched once on a meter when we are not on site unless you have a neighbour onsite that is prepared to look out for you. Happy to check when out for others but not sure thats going to help if its already been tapped (scuz the pun).

Well we only have 28 sleeps before we are there how about you? Whens your next trip.

Sheila&Phil

rocky

Message Posted:
23/07/2009 14:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 264 of 268 in Discussion

babybean re 172 I have put picture of balustrade at rear of one of the apartments on snapfish

Arthur

Message Posted:
23/07/2009 14:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 265 of 268 in Discussion

So Rocky........does Mrs R know about the Katie Price situation?

Or has Katie been enticed away by Andy's 22" Samsung?

[sorry Andy!]

rocky

Message Posted:
23/07/2009 15:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 266 of 268 in Discussion

if andy says it 22 inches he may not be telling the truth do you remember he got his age wrong by pressing the wrong keys

Arthur

Message Posted:
23/07/2009 16:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 267 of 268 in Discussion

It's his TV. I feel embarrassed because mine's only 19" [but has got an inbuilt dvd]

rocky

Message Posted:
23/07/2009 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 268 of 268 in Discussion

sweetwater bay 9 (the winners rostrum) is up nd running

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.