North Cyprus Tourist Board - Easy Jet Flights
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Easy Jet Flights

Easy Jet Flights

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

Bradus

Message Posted:
18/12/2007 19:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Hope this takes off, should reduce the cost of flights and make it easier for folks from the north of England.Would love to always fly to Ercan but sometimes its the stop over time periods, expense and flight times that make it so difficult. Lets hope this also brings in those much needed tourists.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/business/s/1028618_easyjet_for_manchester_launch

dodger

Message Posted:
18/12/2007 20:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

i like the play on words there bradus (hope this takes off)

ukturk

Message Posted:
18/12/2007 22:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

hi bradus

thats good news for you bradus who knows you can fly to paphos then cross over the border for cheaper and less time,but can you imagine the normal tourists who has never been to north cyprus getting flights to paphos and crossing over maybe a very small percentage

so in my view what we need for people in the north is another alternative to cyprus airways if people think they are too espensive because the time issue maybe works out the same cos remember if you fly in s.cyprus then you get a car then cross over then drive to girine, have you done it before how long does it take cos ive never done it before, i fly to and from london so have a bit more option

many regards

ukturk

and you are right lets hope some way or the other much needed tourists do come directly in to n.cyprus for a affordable price

Bradus

Message Posted:
18/12/2007 23:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Uturk,

paphos is too far. Flights are to Larnaca. Which is one and an half hour by car into North Cyprus. This beats the 3 hour journey to London airports from the north. I like to go to TRNC as frequently as possible so everytime I can get 1 week off from work I'll look for the best available flights from wherever based on day and time of travel. When you only have 1 week off work, you have to look at all the options available and wasting 2 of your days travelling is not always the best option. This is particularly the case if you are stuck in an airport in Turkey waiting for connections. I totally agree with you Ercan is the best but you have to look at the bigger picture. For me sometimes its a case of I can go if I fly to Larnaca or don't go if its Ercan. As for holidays in North Cyprus I have been with Cyprus Paradise and direct Travel to Girne three times and the airport was Larnaca on two occasions(their choice) So lets hope it will encourage more companies to get people to holiday in the TRNC if companies can get cheaper flights then we might see more demand. Lets also hope that the competition drives down some of the prices which are just unrealistic at times.

dodger

Message Posted:
18/12/2007 23:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

I agree bradus,

Larnaca to the north is a breeze quite an enjoyable drive actually.Of course i would prefer to do the north direct but from england to trnc it is either to much hassle or to expensive or both.Although saying that we did it this year (jan) but had to land in turkey and sit on the plane for an hour,to take of again.And the greeks have the cheek to say that the north is not isolated.Dont get me going on that one.

Bradus

Message Posted:
19/12/2007 00:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

I don't mind sitting on the runway for an hour its the getting off waiting around and getting back on thats the real bug.

Yep those greeks have got a lot to answer for.

dodger

Message Posted:
19/12/2007 00:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Bradus,

We didnt leave the plane until final destination.

ukturk

Message Posted:
19/12/2007 12:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

hi guys

i understand, going down to london can be quite time consuming and costly, have you not tried to go with kthy from manchester are they too expensive?

also whenever ive travelled from london to cyprus and we stop of in turkey we always stay on the plane and only the people who are going to turkey get off

secondly the reason why i have said flying in to larnaca can be more time consuming because easyjet who have bought out gb airways only fly into paphos from manchester and not larnaca so taking in to account this might not be a viable option for you guys who live in the north of england

http://www.gbairways.com/

regards

ukturk

p.s thats good to hear that tour companies like cyprus pardise and direct travel also fly into the south for a cheaper holiday, do they also supply the transfer if you have only just got the flight

Bradus

Message Posted:
19/12/2007 21:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Hi Uturk, It was the total holiday package, flight, hotel and transfer. 14 day holiday on half board came to £359.00. To be truthful we have always gone for the whole package because its not much dearer than purchasing the flight. Its only now that we are nearly ready to take possession of our holiday home that we are looking for flights only. Flying to paphos would defeat the object both in terms of time and money. Larnaca would have been an acceptable option.

ukturk

Message Posted:
19/12/2007 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

hi bradus

thats quite a good price, ive heard people pay nearly the same price just for a flight

so if easyjet/gb airways keep to the same schudule as on the website this wont be any help for you guys in the north if it only flies into paphos and not larnaca, my firend who works for cta who are the biggest holiday agent for north cyprus told me next year due to all the other airlines flying to ercan kthy will be revising their prices in accordance with all the other airline prices

lets hope theirs light at the end of the tunnel for all you northners

take care and regards

ukturk

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.