North Cyprus Tourist Board - Kensington Development / Turtle Bay Village
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Kensington Development / Turtle Bay Village

Kensington Development / Turtle Bay Village

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read Turtle Bay Village North Cyprus property review

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

DirtyHarry

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 15:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 90 in Discussion

This board has been invaluable to me, thanks to Cyprus44 and the people on these boards for making me aware of these issues. My wife and I flew out to Cyprus last year to have a look at Turtle Bay and we were quite impressed. We did not buy at that time, but decided to come home and discuss it further.

We came to the conclusion over christmas that we would purchase an apartment on Turtle Bay so we decided to do some research and found this site, we have been trying to get a feel for any possible issues that could arise and have seen many posts from Turtle Bay owners expressing their discontent. This has swayed my wife and I's views as the old saying goes, there is no smoke without fire.

So could anyone recommend any other developers or projects in the north worth considering?

Si

Barrovians1

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 16:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 90 in Discussion

Hi Dirtyharry

If you like the look of TBV, then why not go for it. My wife and myself have a holiday apartment there, and are currently over there.

There are a few negative people that you have read about on the forum, this is a relative new build, and there are bound to be a few teething problems. The 'issues' are starting to iron there selves out slowly but surely, I am sure that there will be some TBV owners out there who will back me up.

Bob & Anne.

Toon Army

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 16:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 90 in Discussion

Hi Dirty Harry

We also have an apartment at TBV and we agree with the above post.

Yes there have been problems, some with Kensington ,the developer and some with Sharon/Resco ,the management company but over all we are very happy with our purchase.

After vsiting our apartment over 10 times since we bought it, NO problems outway the fantastic holidays we have had.

We have met some great people, had some great meals visited some great places and had lots of sunshine(something we don't see much of in the U.K.).

Don't be put of Turtle Bay Village ,even though some things have not gone to plan don't forget this is not the U.K. so things don't happen the same.

We have No regrets and we would buy again.

Hope to share an Efes with you sometime

John & Christine

Coachie

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 16:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 90 in Discussion

Hi..I have just posted a thread on how to get to TBV and then I saw yours,daft or what.Can you help me with some accurate directions please so I can have a look on Google earth to see where we are going to .Many thanks..

Toon Army

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 16:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 90 in Discussion

Just replied to your other thread with instructions.

Hope they help.

irishwrath

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 17:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 90 in Discussion

I would say not right now, wait and see what happens.

Nothing has been resolved as to the issues you have been reading and there are many many more that have not been touched upon.

When you come back over to cyprus, have a wander round tbv and chat to as many people as you can and get their views.

Is it really just a few negative people ?

You tell me one thing I have said about our problems that was/is not true.

Si you have to make up your mind as to where you buy, don't just listen to what I or others have to say on here.

Coachie pop down and look at our beach you will chuckle, and have a good look at the pool furniture,chat to some on site and report back.

You can drive right in now, no gate anymore

Barrovians1

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 17:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 90 in Discussion

Some say good old Irishwrath?

Bob.

redtom

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 90 in Discussion

Hi dirty Harry , TBV is a wonderfull site and has lots of ameneties . I have to agree with message two to negative Norahs out there ! Yes TBV has got its teething problems But they wont be solved by people refusing to pay there dues and demands (ie maintenance monies ) They dont no longer have any security gate man on now !. Because all the mourners said it was to exspensive to employ local labour and the management Co could not afford them. There are rumblings regarding monies going missing ( By the canteen lawyers ) who may i add dont have one scrap of evidence to support there claims. If they did have any evidence they would call in the Police . Anyway Dirty Harry do go down to TBV and have a look for your self ! Best gym in North Cyprus / Sauna. Seven swimming pools kids play areas. Super Market landscaped gardens (very well Maintained). Hey by the way Hows Clint . Tommy

irishwrath

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 20:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 90 in Discussion

Tommy are you trying to say no money was/is missing ?

Because if you are, you know that to be an untruth and are misleading people

Have you missed the posts on our forum about the missing deposit money, the committee have confirmed money is missing, some has been returned but still a fair amount short, kd told the committee what should be in the deposit account and it was short by over 150K.

The sauna can not be used, and was to be a turkish bath until kd changed its mind.

The gym, outsiders use and took two years of complaints to get a lock fitted.

Seven pools one of which should be heated but is not.

What use was the gate ?

It cost 30k a year to run but could not stop anyone coming in as kd gave the roads away, owners would have kept the gate if it was of any use.

And you say local labour how many of the employees at tbv are from cyprus ?

I cant believe you would recommend tbv at this point when we have so many unresolved issues.

A confused Dave

cronos

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 20:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 90 in Discussion

DirtyHarry (Simon).....irrespective of whether you choose TBV or another development , take advantage of the current downturn and negotiate hard !

All developers are desperate to sell....limited demand and oversupply...so a very cheeky offer may be of interest (say 15-20 % off list price).

HOWEVER....don't get sidetracked by the allure of a cheap place in the sun...do your homework and read all the articles and research on here regarding the legal process,title deeds etc.

Good luck !

Bradus

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 20:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 90 in Discussion

I know nothing about TBV other than what I have read on this forum so will not comment on this development. However what I would suggest is that you do not commit yourself to one of the developments where you are committed to paying your developer, as agreed in your contract, a monthly maintenance fee and have no control how your money is being spent.

Known problem on many of the developments is the continuous increases year by year in maintenance fees. Some starting at £400 and within a few years are up to £1200 for very little service.

Look for a developer who agrees to maintain the site for first couple of years then allows residents to form a committee that have the power to agree where money should be spent and employ agencies who "perform" well. Gives you the option of terminating or continuing with management companies based on their performance.

Do you not think you should put purchase on hold until talks finished? Not a good time to be buying with so much uncertainty?

irishwrath

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 20:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 90 in Discussion

Great advise Bradus

negativenick

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 20:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 90 in Discussion

Mess 1 & 2.

The problem as i see it is that the service charge is outragous !!

With every appartment paying £60 p/m they are taking £24,500 per month...

There is no way on planet earth that it takes this much cash to run - and as all the appartment's are free hold, there is no "sinking fund" needed to replace roof's etc (it will be the individual owner's responsibility).

I was a lawyer in the Uk and had a lot of dealings with management companies...

The management needs to be put out to tender, but gut feeling is that the charge should be an "n th" of what is being currently charged.

A resident's association/comitee should be formed to discuss where the money is being spent and where it's not...

Nick

Barrovians1

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 90 in Discussion

Irishwrath

If the deposit account is 150k short, why have the police not been informed, this is a serious chunk of money, and somebody should be accountable?.

Bob.

irishwrath

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 21:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 90 in Discussion

Some has been paid back, still money missing plus set up cost of sharon.

Read our forums people, talk to our committee.

I have no idea why the police have not been called the committee only found out for sure a couple of weeks ago as you well know.

Why are you asking me questions that the answers to are on our forum for you to see.

Barrovians1

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 22:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 90 in Discussion

If money has been paid back, then there is not 160k missing is there.

What are your motives for trying to make a mountain out of a molehill?. Regarding your message 9, I went in the sauna the other day and it was working?.

bob.

redtom

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 22:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 90 in Discussion

Nego Nick you are typical of what is wrong with people who have a little bit of knowledge. Please justify your figures were do you get income of 24500 per month from ?

Arnie58

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 22:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 90 in Discussion

Redtom,

I've done my homework on this one, maybe you should too.

At TBV there are:

109 3 bed apartments and villas. 109 x £64.00 = £6976

321 2 bedroom apartments. 321 x £54.00 = £17334

Total = £24310 per month.

Nego Nick seems to be pretty well spot on.

phylray

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 22:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 90 in Discussion

It is a fact that Sharon keep no proper records of money paid in

as besides myself, many folk have been asked to pay twice for things

and then asked to produce receipts to prove it. This just isn't good enough

Have even heard they try to say some receipts are not valid.

stusimpson

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 22:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 90 in Discussion

Guys,

Let the committee deal with the problems,I've been told there is a mountain of paperwork for them to go through,fill out your survey forms and allow them to do the job they were elected to do.

If they find out information you weren't aware of,support them as I know many of you just want TBV to be a top notch resort,thats certainly what we all want at Thalassa beach.

I'm sure now there is a flow of communication between KDG and the committee ,a full and frank disclosure of whats wrong or right with TBV will come out in the wash.

Having said that I'd be just as lethal if Thalassa ends up being managed with the 'problems' alleged at TBV.

BUT ! Lets not put off potential buyers like this,in the current climate I certainly don't want Thalassa lying empty, because the forum has spooked them,and I'm sure TBV owners feel the same.Isn't that the whole point of the survey that you are all getting,it would be hard to ignore a majority vote wouldn't it?

Cheers Stu

Blackpoolfan

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 22:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 90 in Discussion

I agree with Nick you must form a residents committee to monitor the spending shouldnt be to hard as you will be lucky if they spend £24,000 in a year never mind a month, its a rip off!! Stay on their case and insist on breakdowns of expenditure and if you get that you will have done well Good Luck....

Arnie58

Message Posted:
29/01/2009 22:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 90 in Discussion

You're kidding, Blackpoolfan.

Sharon Management charged us £30K a year just to man the gate.

Then again, they were never inclined to 'round down' if you know what I mean !

gates

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 00:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 90 in Discussion

you are going to have a MAJOUR problem with your drainage as most some how go from 4in to 2in and no fall this is going to cause a major problem and if this site is fall will need to be rectified immediately as there will be another large smell this will need a lot of money if you do not beleave me lift up one of your man hole covers

irishwrath

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 00:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 90 in Discussion

Read my post again, I said "WAS" missing, I further went on to explain that some had been paid back.

150k 20k 1k what difference does it make how much is missing, surly its the principle. The fact is money was taken !

There is still 20k plus 49k set up cost outstanding to me that is a mountain of money !

As it seems only a small amount to you, I take it you will volunteer to forgo getting your deposit money back thus making it less owed ?

And to answer your sauna point, were we not told on our forum that the sauna was on the builders electricity supply so could only be used one day a week.

We have a new committee black and your spot on with what you say. The new committee have worked damn hard to get us to this point. We only have the info and support we do now because of this new committee and its tireless digging and chasing, our old committee ( hand picked sharon flunkey's ) were frankly quite rubbish.

I was going to do the sums arnie, you saved me the trouble.

Barrovians1

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 08:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 90 in Discussion

Stu

Regarding you message 20, what a brilliant posting, that was like a breath of fresh air. All the best with your new spot on Thalassa.

Irishwrath

This is my last posting to you fella, I am tired of your mind games.

Regarding your message 9, ''The gym, outsiders use and took two years of complaints to get a lock fitted'' - The gym has only been there for 1 year tops, so what is your game?.

Congrats you have probably knocked 10% off our properties with your negativity.

If there is still money missing why dont you get the police involved.

Bob.

Aussie

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 12:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 90 in Discussion

Whilst I have absolutely no direct knowledge of the management or issues at Turtle Bay at least it is a completed development where you can see what is there and working and know what the actual management charges are.

In a lot of new developments not just in the TRNC buyers are told unrealistically low management charges by agents and developers which can be doubled or trebled a year or two after completion to meet the actual costs.

It is no unusual to have problems with a management company initially and find large area of waste etc. that can be cut back, or if that doesn't work in a worst case scenario owners can vote to replace the manager at the end of their contract.

Aussie

irishwrath

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 13:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 90 in Discussion

Bob nothing I have said has been untrue, I have no agenda unlike yourself, everything I say here is on our own forum.

All you seem to care about is your properties value, you have no interest in telling people the truth just sweep it under the carpet and hope it go's away.

You still have not answered my question, are you giving up your deposit ?

Why do you come on here and lie, when you know full well money is missing, ask on our own forum and see what the committee say to you, then tell them their wrong.

Has this not been hushed up far to long, You can try to cover things up as much as you like " The truth will out "

You forget I was a non believer myself not so long ago, I thought it was all a lot of pish but I caught arie out on lie after lie.

And bob the cyprus talks going on at the moment, what do you think they have done to your prices?

And the best you could pick out to try and discredit me was the length of time the gym has been open, clutching at straws.

Barrovians1

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 14:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 90 in Discussion

Go and drag your sorry a--e of to the polis and tell them your acquisitions, not me.

Bob.

irishwrath

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 14:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 90 in Discussion

Bob your making yourself look foolish.

Here is the thread you need to go and read on our forum ( Maintenance Deposit Account - Committee Update ) Now toddle off and have a read.

You imply I am lying to the people of 44 I have been nothing but truthful. If you force my hand I will cut and paste the info from our forum for all to see to clear my name here, and show you up for what you are.

If you want to live in denial that is up to you but do not imply others are lying when you know for a fact they are not.

redtom

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 14:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 90 in Discussion

Arnie thanks for your maths lesson ! We can all work out figures to suit ourselves. your figures would be correct , If " All apartments had been sold and If" everybody paid there maintenance on time and also , Last but not least If everybody paid maintenance and were not given special dispensation from Kensington. Untill you know the facts please stop posting propaganda B--lls--t

irishwrath

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 14:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 90 in Discussion

The unsold apartments are being paid by kd every month and only about 30 people are not paying.

So only 1.5k less and if kd gave special dispensation that is down to them, no for owners to pick up the shortfall.

I think people can see who the propaganda is coming from.

irishwrath

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 14:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 90 in Discussion

It makes me wonder if you are really owners as you seem to have no idea what is going on or what is on our forum.

cronos

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 15:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 90 in Discussion

Ostriches.....Heads.....Sand.

Arnie58

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 16:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 90 in Discussion

Redtom,

The fact that some apartments are unsold is TOTALLY irrelevant because KD are paying for them. No idea how many apartments recieve special dispenasation, Irishwrath suggests 30, I'd be surprised if its that many but, as stated, that shouldn't be an issue.

The fact that some people haven't paid maintenance is another red herring you've thrown in. The maintenance deposit account was created FOR THAT VERY PURPOSE and the reason SM couldn't use it was becuase the money had been spirited away to another account.

Its a shame some folks find the facts too uncomfortabel to live with !

Barrovians1

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 16:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 90 in Discussion

Irishwrath

re messages 27 & 29

On what postings have I implied you are lying? Please copy and paste.

Bob

irishwrath

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 16:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 90 in Discussion

Lots of if and a acquisition in those lines, implies that I am not being truthful and your also implying you know of no missing money.

We both know full well you know of the missing money.

And I am sure that is how people would view your comments, I am also sure that how you wanted them to be viewed.

If the deposit account is 150k short, why have the police not been informed, this is a serious chunk of money

Go and drag your sorry a--e of to the polis and tell them your acquisitions

If there is still money missing why dont you get the police involved

You can keep trying to put up smokescreens all you like, the proof is on our board.

slimboy62

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 17:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 90 in Discussion

Irishwrath

If you are an owner on TBV why do you not show up on the Owners/Members list under this moniker??? I do not dispute what you are saying maybe just the way that it is being said but when I am on the TBV Forum I do not see any thing from yourself - why is this?? Regardless of Management problems of which we not the only site I am sure - at least we have a beautiful apartment to show for our money this at least is more then a lot of the very unfortunate people that post on this forum and I am more then sure it will be a beautiful site when completed. I for one do not regret buying there one little bit.

Barrovians1

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 18:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 90 in Discussion

None of this implicates me to calling you a liar?

Yes like you, I do know there is money still not accounted for. I do know that the committee are looking into the discrepancies, that is good enough for me, so why have you got to go on 'ballyragging' at every said opportunity. I have asked you once before, I will ask you again, what are your motives?

Regarding your message 24 - .

As it seems only a small amount to you, I take it you will volunteer to forgo getting your deposit money back thus making it less owed ?

I have said on the TBV forum (and it is documented) that I would be willing to forgo my deposit (by the way this is not a small amount to me), and lets get rid of SM, not one person backed me up.

My opinion is that now that Arie is leaving, lets give the new guy a chance.

Bob.

irishwrath

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 18:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 90 in Discussion

Bob

We must agree to differ, to me your posts imply you knew nothing of the missing money and implying none was missing thus making me a out a liar.

I just want to have the TBV we were promised and sold by kd and to have total transparency for the owners as to the finances.

So if you consider that a motive or agenda, yes I have one.

redtom

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 20:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 90 in Discussion

Its a shame some folks find the facts too uncomfortabel to live with !

Please "please "if you have any proof of missing or misapropiated funds report it to the authorities I am sure they will be very interested indeed. If i had concrete evidence that someone had stolen money from Me! or embezzled any monies from me! I would not hesitate and get the appropiate authorities involved. What you are saying i hope" is not true! But " if it is " and there is evidence to prove this . Upon seeing this evidence I for one would not hesitate and inform the police !

Barrovians1

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 90 in Discussion

Irishwrath

I am confident that you will have the TBV we were promised, OK discount the 2 beach coves.From what I can gather our elected committee should have total transparency, with regards to the funds. They in turn will tell us of any discrepancies.

Now how about me and you stopping this Irishwrath v Barrovians1 show, and lets try and work together to making TBV a better place.

Bob.

redtom

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 21:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 90 in Discussion

Bob Irishwrath

Yes lets work together and let the new committee deal with issues of innuendo and facts as they are presented with. I am sure TBV will eventually be a place that we all dreamed of. As of yet I am not aware of any accounting discrepencies or embezellment as I or anyone else has seen any audited accounts. But I am sure the Tax office Has

redtom

Message Posted:
30/01/2009 23:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 90 in Discussion

Irishwrath

If you are an owner on TBV why do you not show up on the Owners/Members list under this moniker???Please answer!

redtom

Message Posted:
31/01/2009 10:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 90 in Discussion

Message 43 Still no answer .Thought as much! Irishwrath is not a member on TBVs members forum. Just another propogandanist ! doesen"t deal in facts just tittle tattle.

irishwrath

Message Posted:
31/01/2009 11:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 90 in Discussion

I have not posted on tbv forum for over 9 months, you do not show on the list redtom.

You are pathetic tom, I will post the facts if you like from our forum, your trying to cover it up is not going to work.

Why have we not had audited accounts, we are to have them every april so where are they tom ? what do they hide.

You if you were an owner tom would have seen the posting on tbv from the committee, with proof of missing money, confirmed by kd.

One more time tom just keep pushing and I WILL start to cut and paste, I will not let anyone make me out a liar.

You can not win here tom you know I am telling the truth, all your propaganda will not make me silent.

Kitty Kat Jac

Message Posted:
31/01/2009 11:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 90 in Discussion

Why dont the both of you just stick to arguing on your tbv forum and get back to us all when you have decided on the truth.

redtom

Message Posted:
31/01/2009 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 90 in Discussion

Irishwrath this is the last thing I am going to say on this subject. pleas copy and paste all the hard evidence you have to the Police? . Police "Polis" Polis" Evidence hard evidence !""""""""""" Not the tittle tattle you keep spouting! But you cant do that can you! Cos you dont have any Evidence. If you Do i will support you 100%.

irishwrath

Message Posted:
31/01/2009 12:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 90 in Discussion

Here is the info

When we took over in September the deposit account showed £120K in the bank and no interest had been earned, confirmed by Arie as 'negligible' in a minuted meeting we had in early October (though, confusingly,a subsequent spreadsheet indicates interest being earned from March 2008.) Kensington figues indicate only a very small number of sales in the Autumn but, probably as a result of our enquiries, £70K was paid into the account during October. A further £22K has been paid into the account since then.

The current position (using rounded figures for simplicity) is as follows:

Our best estimate for the actual amount collected (based on KD sales) is approximately £349K.

Latest interest earned has been stated as £3K giving a gross total of £352K.

Deduct setup costs (which we haven't agreed to but at least we can see them) of £49K.

Deduct 1st year deposit refunds of £36K.

This should leave a bank balance of £267K.

However the account actually holds £212

irishwrath

Message Posted:
31/01/2009 12:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 90 in Discussion

, a shortfall of £55K.

Our enquiries have centred round the whereabouts of the missing funds from the word go and obtaining clear information has been virtually impossible. Our understanding though is that the money has been 'borrowed' to cover operational costs. We are, of course, continuing to apply pressure to get the remaining £55K retuned to the account and seek to recoup the lost interest.

The actual interest current earned on the account is £3403.15.

I have documents supplied by KD and SM that confirm all these figures.

I hope this statement clarifies the situation.

irishwrath

Message Posted:
31/01/2009 12:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 90 in Discussion

Now does that not clearly show missing money ?

truffles808

Message Posted:
31/01/2009 15:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 90 in Discussion

I don't want to get caught up in the argument above, but I will confirm the statement made in message 48/49 was posted on the TBV forum this month, as an up date as to where the committee have managed to get to with resolving the issues over the owners deposit money which we all have been very concerned about. The committee are doing their up most to deal with the problems as professionally as possible.

Prosac

Message Posted:
31/01/2009 15:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 90 in Discussion

Red Tom? Who are you, are you an owner on TBV, if so are you happy with the way our secured water supply has gone. Pin your colours to the mast and let's hear what you have got to say on the Turtle Bay Village owners site! Looking forward to your reply - Regards - Charlie Bell

kenny b

Message Posted:
31/01/2009 20:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 90 in Discussion

Truffles

Any chance you could ask Mark Hughes to replenish our deposit account with the money you were going to spend on KAKA?

Cant beat Stoke with 10 men

Taxi for Hughes

Kenny

truffles808

Message Posted:
31/01/2009 20:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 90 in Discussion

Kenny,

Well that's city for yearh!

All they did was put 9 men behind the ball, similar to what your lot did at villa, entertaining football - not!

Lets hope the return taxi has got Jose in it, at least for me to ogle at! ;-)

Jo

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
31/01/2009 21:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 90 in Discussion

Come on girls and guys, lets not turn this into another footy thread.

AJ

ronaldo

Message Posted:
31/01/2009 21:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 90 in Discussion

Aj Howe can you call this a footy thread stoke Man city Ha Ha sorry Jo!

rtddci

Message Posted:
31/01/2009 21:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 90 in Discussion

So where were we then, Dirty Harry as to your original request for advice re your considering buying on TBV? From the above posts you can see there is absolutely NO PROBLEM with TBV. All is hunky dorey, cushty, super duper, trust me I'm a banker! Just a teeny weeny niggle re maintenence monies maybe, sauna on builders electric, pool not heated, sewers not deep enough...But I'm sure that won't put you off

No one has mentioned whetherTBV is built on Greek Cypriot land (or called exchange land) which could end up with you losing your property and costing you more in compensation (putting your UK home/assets at risk) if the Orams case goes the way it appears to be going. Have you thought about taking a 'safer' (if there is such a thing in NC) option of looking at resale properties on pre 74 Turkish or Non GC or 'exchanged' land, where the non TC owner has PTP, and the kocan, with water & electric meters, a proper road and a 24/7 water supply?

Just a thought.

luckyeye

Message Posted:
31/01/2009 22:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 90 in Discussion

Why do the people that post on this forum consistantly critisize Northern Cyprus you knew there were issues over land ownership before you bought

Redtom/Irishwrath if you have a problem with TBV management keep it to your owners forum you openly critisize individuals that live here and contribute to our economy would you openly accuse people in your hometowns I think not so.

Nana

magpie

Message Posted:
31/01/2009 22:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 90 in Discussion

irishwrath vindicated i think redtom an appology in order

redtom

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 00:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 90 in Discussion

Vindicated How ? Vitriolic propagandic B--lls--t these are not facts . They are your facts ! Please dont run down this site anymore. As i previousley stated copy and paste all your bull to the Police. Let the law deal with it . I dont think they would , The reason being they want hard evidence not propoganda . Luckyeye I for one have not and never would run down Turtle bay . Unlike others. Irishwrath Sorry seems to be the hardest word . Irishwrath Pathetic i am not . Prothetic i might be!

irishwrath

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 02:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 90 in Discussion

What do I have to say sorry for, I am not the one who has been proved wrong three times in this one post.

Not my facts tom, THE facts.

Read this line again from the committee. ( I have documents supplied by KD and SM that confirm all these figure )

No room to move there for you tom, kd sm supplied the figures not me.

So shoot the messenger, but the message is the same.

Only one person here full of bull, still waiting on your post on tbv forum ?

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 11:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 90 in Discussion

http://www.kensingtondevelopmentgroup.blogspot.com/

This may be of interest. Just got the link from the TBV owners forum posted by a committee member.

irishwrath

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 90 in Discussion

Thats a bit naughty nick, the way you have worded you post.

Someone else posted that link and it did not work, then a committee member says " try this " and a working link was posted.

You word it to sound an official committee post.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 12:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 90 in Discussion

Sorry Irish nothing official in my posting. I think you are looking into it too much. Merely posting the correct information which is interesting reading and might answer some people's questions. It has answered some of our family's questions.

irishwrath

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 12:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 90 in Discussion

Why say it was posted by a committee member at all, if not to try to convey a sense of officialness. You could have just put up the link.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 13:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 90 in Discussion

Irish I am replying to you out of courtesy. I am not prepared to argue with you like you have with other people on here. It was a link posted by a committee member - fact. I dont understand what point you are trying to make? If I posted the information on here without mentioning the Committee no doubt you would comment about that as well? I am do not wish to enter into any more conversations about this as it is a no go. Maybe another moderator could close this thread as I feel now it serves no purpose by certain individuals wanting to create further confrontations. If you so wish to discuss matters about who posted what and when then maybe you should make yourself known on the TBV forum so the other owners on here can chat to you there and save the poor members of 44 yet more arguments between owners at TBV.

irishwrath

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 90 in Discussion

I don't think this tread should be closed, that would seem like a cover up of epic proportions !

As you have a vested interest.

truffles808

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 13:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 90 in Discussion

Oh dear.

Sun shining over thill's 'ere up in Cheshire, very enticing until you step out of the door - freeze your nose off if you stood there long enough. Roll on April for our next visit to sunny cyprus ;-)

slimboy62

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 15:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 90 in Discussion

well said notsoboredhw - my sentiments exactly.

DirtyHarry

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 20:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 90 in Discussion

Hi everybody, sorry for the late reply, I had some issues with receiving the verification email. I was wondering if it would be possible to get your email IrishWrath, I am a new member and cannot see it for myself yet. Thanks in advance.

irishwrath

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 21:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 90 in Discussion

Welcome back

Here is my email

davetbv@googlemail.com

Toon Army

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 21:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 90 in Discussion

Hi Jo/Truffles808

Just booked some flights for March ,pity you are out in April or we could have met up for a few vodka's & pinapple and a few sore heads in the morning.

Take care

Christine

magpie

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 22:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 90 in Discussion

Redtom, not being an owner on TBV but seriously considered buying at TBV having viewed seaterra and many others in November. I find your comments alarming you are either foolish, or as I suspect and others have suggested you are not an owner at TBV. But maybe by your angry manner you are working hand in with KD / ariel.

kenny b

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 22:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 90 in Discussion

Thanks for that Nicky

Excellent blog spot it's answered lots of my questions particularly title deeds and desal plant.The photos look great as well cant wait till March to get back out there.

We owners have a lot to thank our new committee for they are working tirelessly on our behalf.

Keep posting

Keep smiling

Kenny

magpie

Message Posted:
01/02/2009 22:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 90 in Discussion

Redtom should have read hand in glove

millzer

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 00:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 90 in Discussion

Simon (dirty harry)

I know of a couple of apartments on my site for sale that are VERY keenly priced as the owner needs to sell quickly. It is on a fully completed site so no major issues and we have a very good management company in place. If interested drop me an e-mail and I'll give you further info.

millzer@hotmail.co.uk

PIPIE

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 11:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 90 in Discussion

So could anyone recommend any other developers or projects in the north worth considering

Go around resales that have been finished for at least a year this will give you some idea on how the finsished complex is looking .

Ask the maintenanace company if they have problem with nonpayers , if they do alarm bells should ring as there lies is a clear indication that problems are already in situ .

Remember you are buying into a long contract with the maintaning of the complex and you are entitled to this information .

Ask the maintenance company for testimonials from owners for feedback , talk to owners who are already present on the complex for there opinions .

Read up on forums and ask questions .

Sadly there are developments out there that completion is dragging on and on , maintainence companies have thought they can make a quick buck and then start to bleat when owners refuse to pay .

Take your time and do your research that is the key .

PIPIE

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 11:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 90 in Discussion

So could anyone recommend any other developers or projects in the north worth considering

re messege 76 here you have a recommendation follow up these sort of posts . !!!! hope all of the above helps . GOOD LUCK .

RedSnapper

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 12:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 90 in Discussion

Pipie your posts are the best, you have a real grasp of the problems and the comments and advice you give are fair and sensible.

I wish you worked for Kensington...

PIPIE

Message Posted:
02/02/2009 14:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 90 in Discussion

Thankyou soooooooo much Red snapper .

RedSnapper

Message Posted:
03/02/2009 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 90 in Discussion

Been asked not to discuss this matter on here any further and i havent said anything that isnt true or exagerated and the info and comments from other people has really helped my plight...

Prosac

Message Posted:
13/02/2009 18:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 90 in Discussion

Pipie, let's call a spade a spade and name names!

PIPIE

Message Posted:
13/02/2009 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 90 in Discussion

prosac , do your homework you will find out who are ok and those who are not , ask questions , study this board and other furums which brings me on to you , you have only ever asked 2questions on this board , strange !!!!!!

PIPIE

Message Posted:
13/02/2009 20:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 90 in Discussion

Red snapper , continue to speak your mind , this is how things get coverd up and before you know it you start to accept things that are clearly not right , i stand by every thing i say and will continue to do so .

Lazy days

Message Posted:
13/02/2009 21:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 90 in Discussion

Pipie whats your agenda, you continu to go around the houses and just dig and stir, we all know by you posts that you own on Turq bay and Seaterra tatlisu and you are trying to sell but you come in on the side of posts stirring up and its getting pathetic do you not have anything better to spend time on. you know nothing but you like to put your oar in, tiresome !

Its a FACT that Sharon is no more and if they were so lily white why did they go so easily answer on the back of a postage stamp Redtom, its precisely because of people like Irishwrath and the new comittee that this came to a head, it could have kept on going for years, remember some of these same people on here were recently singing the praises of Sharon,

I dont own there but follow this board and some of the posts are pathetic,

& some have ulterior motives, it is so nauseating it would make you sick, i say good on the owners in tb for weeding out these people, they certainly did their homework eh pipie ??

PIPIE

Message Posted:
13/02/2009 23:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 90 in Discussion

Lazy days you appear to be getting a lttle worried , i wonder why !!!! you talking of things coming to a head of course they do , do you honestly think people are so stupid that they will put up with these cowboy's the clock is ticking , just a matter of time my friend !!!!!

Lazy days

Message Posted:
14/02/2009 00:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 90 in Discussion

Please explain your self pips you seem to be losing your marbles, what on earth is mess 86 about

whose talking about things coming to a head ???

who are these cowboys you talk about ???

clocks do tick unless they are broke !!!

I dont think i am wishing to be your friend ???

what do i have to worry about ??? please explain, you have been asked by many to explain, please do because yes i am worried my dear

but only for you

Lets study your form here

You came in on this discussion at No 77 ranting "go around resales" what do you mean ??

Maintenance companys ?? non payers?? three or four times you mention maintenance companys ?? your other contri's in recent times continually go on about maintenance companies ??

You say ask the maintenance company if they have problems with non payers, if so alarm bells should ring, ha ha i should think they are ringing all over the world just now, betcha there are even non payers in your lil old town, what EXACTLY are you getting at ?

PIPIE

Message Posted:
14/02/2009 00:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 90 in Discussion

Actually Lazy days there is a complex i know of that that has no non payers of maintenance , now this is down to good management , good working relations with owners , and good systems in place . pity some other maintenance companies do not follow suit , but that takes business skills something that some companies will never have, out of there reach so to speak , as for your other comments , time management means they are the last on my answer list , oh by the way you left out one of my other property purchases on your other post are you slipping !!!!

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
14/02/2009 00:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 90 in Discussion

Re message 81 I am now closing this thread. It now serves no purpose but is turning into a slanging match. Please have any further discussions off board. Thank you.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
14/02/2009 00:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 90 of 90 in Discussion

This thread is now closed. Reason: Not specified.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.