North Cyprus Tourist Board - Where Are The Nice Beaches ??
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Where Are The Nice Beaches ??

Where Are The Nice Beaches ??

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Forum Threads on North Cyprus Beaches

» Read about North Cyprus Beaches

» List of Beaches near Kyrenia North Cyprus

» List of Beaches near Famagusta North Cyprus

Yinglis

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 02:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

We spent 3 weeks in November looking for property in Kyrenia / Esentepe .. We were looking for Sun Sea & Sand ..... 3 weeks later we are still searching . been all along the coast of Girne .. Famagusta etc .. soo not impressed . Had a look at Beach Diana and our feet sank into the shity dirt .. Will so not be back to Diana & leaves a lasting impression .

Can anyone impress us and advise of a nice beach and entice us to TRNC ?

Any genuine nice beaches in TRNC ? but not like Alagadi as soo not impressed.

Also this forum is soo negative folk seem pesamistic , can anyone advise on why we should invest our hard earned cash here ?

We like to look on the bright side of life!! Ce La Vie xxx

mikelapta

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 07:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

Bonjoir,comment ca va?

I bought a house in Lapta 7 years ago,for holidays,and finally retired here last September.My favourite treat is to enjoy the beaches on the Karpas.

Have you been to Golden beach,about 2 miles from the Monastery at the very end?Perfect golden sand.Head signs for Burhan's Place...wooden huts basic but great place to stay.

bridie

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 10:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

Probably you would be better off staying in France if you did not like what you saw here. You either love it ,or hate it.

I fell in love with the island in1970, and after many visits here finally came and built our house in 1982.

The beaches here always look grim in the winter, we do have very rough seas, despite the fact this is a Mediterranean island.

denizkisi

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 10:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

There aren't that many really sandy beaches around that are fully public,( that is not monopolised by hotels etc). The coastline here is mainly rocky, in and out of the water!! I know that just around the rocks by Camelot beach there is a nice little sandy bay - you just have to jump in the car and go exploring, which is all part of the fun!!

DONTY

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 13:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

Yinglis

What sort of beach do you like? Not a soul for miles or a line of bars on the beach? Do you want facilities? Do you need child friendly or are you looking to snorkel or surf?

Here are some to consider:

Karpas: great sandy beaches, unspoilt.

Kaplica: lovely stretch with a simple restaurant/hotel on the beach and gets fun-ish waves for body boarding/ surf kayaking occasionally.

Aligadi you know

Acapulco resort beach: sandy with loads of facilities, suitable for families

Korfez beach Catalkoy: great for snorkelling

Escape beach: good sand, facilities, a bit crowded in season

Camelot: nice setting, facilities, shame about the piped music blaring away

Akdeniz beach: miles and miles of beach with hardly a soul. plenty of flotsam and jetsam in places (have discovered gorgeous white sand and primo beach on this stretch but need 4x4).

East Coast: many nice stretches, some with facilities, some without.

There are many other coves and beaches to discover.

martinev

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 13:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

Kaplica is our favourite. Our 6 year old grandson loves it. Fantastic sandy bay and a restaurant in a small hotel on the beach if required.

Empty Nester

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 14:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

Mike, please can you elaborate on "Burhan's place"? My husband and I are visiting Lapta next week and would like to spend a day exploring the Karpas Peninsula. We were wondering whether we would need to stay somewhere overnight or if it could be done as a day trip. If we need to stay overnight, is Burhan's Place suitable?

pilgrim

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 14:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

Malibu, up the Karpas is beutiful and clean.

mikelapta

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 14:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

Hi Liz..empty nester.

web site.burhansgoldenbeach.com

Not sure if open,but a little basic wooden hut,yes there is a inside toilet and sink.So not 5* but lovely.Straight onto fantastic beach all sand and usually

deserted.

He has a little cafe there,and again basic but will get you fish,whatever meat if there in time.He's got beer and wine.

Weather due to improve next week,a little cloudy today,but bottled lots of lemon juice.

Do you know way there?I used to always make an overnight stay.Go over quarry road from Esentepe,towards Lefkosa,take dual carriageway,to famagusta,coffee break.Head back for Dipkarpaz via Salamis and Bogas.

In centre of Dipkarpaz ,must turn right,just signposted for monastery.follow your nose until you see the sea,and follow road,along the sea.Burhan's is about 20mins from Dipkarpaz,through a field on the right.Well signposted.

If you reach monastery on end of Island,turn back for 5 mins.

Let me know if any other info needed.There is a blog on Cyprus44

Empty Nester

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 14:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

Thanks Mike, that's great, Burhan's sounds ideal. Thanks also for directions. Can't wait to escape the snow - the country seems to have come to a standstill over here!

Quarmby

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 14:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

I am glad it does not snow over here very often, it would be total carnage on the roads.

LondonCypriot

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 15:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

The best beaches can be found in the Famagusta region. Glapsides beache or you have the silver beaches. The beach next to Palm Beach Hotel or next to the Closed city of Varosha has one of the finest beaches on the island similar to the beaches used in Ayia Napa. Famagust is your best bet for beaches. But durring winter months the place is the best place to live. If you are going to use the house for living, I would build in Girne. At least you have British neighbours.

Thanks

DONTY

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 16:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

Empty Nester

Mike is spot on with his post but I would add that if you want the most scenic route to the Karpas I would go along the coast road to Esentepe, east along the coastal road to Tatlisu and then Kaplica beach. Then onto Buyukkonuk, then to Yedikonuk, then Balalan, Yenierenkoy thru to Dipkarpas and onwards to Burhan's.

The whole route has lovely scenery and the villages you drive through make you feel like you are almost going back in time.

It will probably take an hour or 2 longer than the quick route but its well worth it if you've got the time. I suggest taking 2 days for the trip. You can then explore leisurely, visit the Karpas and go to Salamis ruins on the way back which is a great place to spend a few hours and return via the dual carriageway.

I have added a map of the coast road with some of the villages underlined in red at:

http://s497.photobucket.com/albums/rr332/1Monkey1234/?action=view¤t=MapKarpas.jpg

Have fun.

maybemike

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 16:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

portugal

maybe

pilgrim

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 16:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

Portugal, good beahes, Atlantic cold water, strong breezes, prefer NC

borodave

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 16:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

golden bay

mikelapta

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 16:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

Donty,exactly right maybe first coffee stop Malibu beach.But I reached my 1000 characters .

Mike

Empty Nester

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 17:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

DONTY

Thank you. I think we'll try Mike's route on the way there and yours on the way back!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.