North Cyprus Tourist Board - KTHY/CTA - aren't they the same??
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > KTHY/CTA - aren't they the same??

KTHY/CTA - aren't they the same??

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Flights to North Cyprus

» Book North Cyprus Flights Online

» Driving Directions from Ercan Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Ercan Airport North Cyprus

AbbyG

Message Posted:
09/01/2008 14:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

OK, I don't know if my mind has gone into overload and I'm brain dead or what .. but aren't the above airlines one and the same? I've been trying to liaise with my brother in the UK to arrange coinciding flights to NC and we both seem to be having problems. I feel honoured that he's agreed to come over to NC to look at property with me (he HATES travelling) so I want to make booking his flight as straightforward as possible. I can't book it for him from Libya because all my internet attempts to look at flights to Ercan are causing me grief. It's bad enough trying to arrange my own flight from Tripoli.

So ................ can anyone who has travelled from Manchester PLEASE let me know about flights to Ercan on a Saturday (23 Feb to be exact!) for one week. Any information would be greatly appreciated, and the cheaper the airline the better as I'm paying for his flight!!

BTW, when he phoned one of the Turkish Airline numbers in the UK and tried to explain what he wanted the woman he spoke to didn't appear to understand his request. It may have been that I overloaded him with too much information about the divide between North and South and he got confused with the airport/city code, I don't know. Bless him, he just likes an easy life. I've lumbered him with booking a flight and he's gone to pieces. I know he's my brother, but, MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Graham

Message Posted:
09/01/2008 14:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Abby

We have always used this company for tickets when flying CTA/KTHY from manchester, some one else might have other options but these have never let us down over the last 4 years.

Graham

http://www.cyprusgold.com/index.htm

AbbyG

Message Posted:
09/01/2008 15:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Thanks Graham for responding so quickly. Leaving the office for the day now, but will email my brother this link first thing in the morning and get him to contact them.

Cheers, Abby

ukturk

Message Posted:
09/01/2008 15:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

hi abby

kthy which stands for kibris turk hava yol which is the airline - cta is the travel agent who sells tickets and holidays - you can book with cta cos they are approved agents for kthy or you can book directly with kthy

i have ıncluded tel numbers for their sales offices

kthy head london office 02079304851 or sales branch 207 241 5523

cta holidays 0870 600 1123 webpage http://www.ctaholidays.com

or even try a company called diplomat travel there number is 0207 7302201

hope thıs helps

ukturk

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
09/01/2008 15:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

I'm on the KTHY flight from Manchester on 23 Feb!!

Any help I can give, please get in touch

AbbyG

Message Posted:
10/01/2008 08:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

ukturk: As usual, thanks for the explanation. I wonder if it's cheaper to book direct with the airline?

Dusterbruce: If my brother James has any questions, or if I can think of anything specific I'll certainly get in touch. Thanks very much for the offer.

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
10/01/2008 09:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

I booked on KTHY website and paid £197 though prices did vary between this and £257

AbbyG

Message Posted:
10/01/2008 14:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Dusterbuster:

Just looked on the KTHY website and they are now quoting £319.00 for the same date as yours from Manchester. I guess we should have booked earlier.

ukturk

Message Posted:
10/01/2008 14:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

hi abby

sometimes it can be cheaper to go direct to the airline, but on sometimes its better to go to the agent cos they buy seats in bulk so they can afford to pass the discounts on to the customer

try cta and diplomat then try the airline and compare the price thats your best bet

regards

ukturk

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
10/01/2008 15:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Abby

(Its Dusterbruce, duster was my cat, bruce is my dog, had this internet name for years nothing to do with cleaning)

When I was hunting for a flight i did find the price varied daily. First time I looked it was £197 but I couldn't book at that time. Next time I checked, it was £227 so decided to think about it as I could have got a flight to Larnaca for £195 but when I actually went online to book I was amazed to see the price had shot up to £257 so decided to wait until after Christmas to do something about it. I was idly surfing very early one Saturday morning and decided to check the price again and was amazed to see it offered at £197 so booked there and then online. I dont know if they release a few seats daily at a cheap price or what but hey-ho my luck was in that day.

I found Turkish Airlines were charging around £220 to fly on the same date, but you have to change in Istanbul. CY to Larnaca (on the Sunday) was about £195 but there is then the hassle of getting from Larnaca in the late evening, and I think it also lands at Paphos.

I'm coming over in July also but with Jet2 to Paphos from Leeds which is just up the road from me. Very basic airline not even any meals on the flight but for £145 in high summer I'm not complaining.

Tony

Tony

AbbyG

Message Posted:
10/01/2008 15:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

ukturk and Dusterbuster:

I'm so fed up trying to do things from this end but managed to get my boss to agree to me making free phone call from his international line and have held a seat for James with CyprusGold for 274.00 sterling and I've told James to just book it and get it over and done with!! I can't be bothered messing around any longer, I just want his ticket confirmed. Now I have to concentrate on getting MY ticket sorted .......

Have a good weekend everyone, mine starts now.

Cheers

Abby

simbas

Message Posted:
10/01/2008 15:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

hi ive just booked with cyprus gold for 185£ inc flying from stanstead to ercan on 24th april thats the best ive ever had not bad eh !! regards simbas

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.