North Cyprus Tourist Board - 2 bed apartment/villa wanted to rent for one week from 23 Feb
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > 2 bed apartment/villa wanted to rent for one week from 23 Feb

2 bed apartment/villa wanted to rent for one week from 23 Feb

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Rental Guide

AbbyG

Message Posted:
09/01/2008 15:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 21 in Discussion

Hi everyone

I'm planning to come over to NC for a viewing trip for one week from Saturday 23 Feb and will have the pleasure of my brother's company. As he's such a fussy so and so I'm looking to rent a comfortable, clean, 2 bedroom apartment/villa for the duration in the Girne, Alsancak, Esentepe regions (open to suggestions as to where exactly as we are hiring a car and getting about will be no problem). If any of the forum users has anything suitable for rent, or personally knows someone else who has then I would be grateful if they could let me know. Ideally I would like the apartment/villa complex to be pretty quiet and for the apartment/villa to have Sky TV (for me as I don't get to watch much decent TV in Libya).

Alternatively, and as a last option really, as I will probably arrive on the Friday and will book a hotel room for the night until my brother's arrival on the Saturday, I could wait until I get there and go to an agency to view accommodation ready for his arrival. Can anyone recommend a good letting agent, just in case???

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Can't wait to get there and start looking around at last.

Milou

Message Posted:
09/01/2008 16:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 21 in Discussion

AbbyG

Can I maybe make another suggestion. We also went for a week to look for property. Our experience was that we didn't need a car as all agents will pick you up at your hotel and drop you off. If you have more than one appointment for a specific day, then the agent will drop you off in centre of Girne and the next agent will pick you up at a convenient spot. All the agents also try to show you something of NC and in fact between the agents we saw quite a lot of the island.

By the time you've viewed properties all day, brother and you will be tired and pretty confused - all you will want to do is get back to your hotel, have a bath and sit and enjoy the evening. During winter months, hotels do some pretty good deals which can include, half board and/or half board and flights. You might find that with half board it works out cheaper than renting and eating out. If you decide one night you want to eat out, taxis are inexpensive.

If you try to find a hotel somewhere in the centre of Girne which will help agents to pick and drop you off. Most hotels will be happy to do the booking for you. Sorry I can't recommend any hotels in centre as we've always stayed outside the centre.

Good luck with your search - you've discovered paradise!

HarryHornet

Message Posted:
09/01/2008 19:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 21 in Discussion

Abbyg

I agree with Milou my wife and i spent a week looking at property Feb 06 estate agents will pick you up and take you around.We stayed at the Nostalgia

hotel near the mosque just up from the harbour,it is small hotel a bit quirky

but the food was good.Great location because after a days viewing you can wander down to the harbour to relax.

good luck with your search

ZeXsZ

Message Posted:
09/01/2008 19:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 21 in Discussion

Hello AbbyG

I suggest Bare Hill Holiday Village in Alsancak-Kyrenia

http://www.bare-hill.com

Ask special discounts.

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
09/01/2008 20:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 21 in Discussion

If you want to push the boat out and have a luxurious stay then we stayed at The Colony Hotel when Donaghy & Beyler showed us around. They picked us up at 9am and didnt drop us off until 6pm. Can recommend hotel and agents!

AbbyG

Message Posted:
10/01/2008 09:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 21 in Discussion

Hi everyone, thanks for your comments, all duly noted and appreciated. I've been checking out different agents websites for a while now and because I don't want to be 'tied' to any one agency I thought I would call a few the week before I arrive to give them details of what I'm looking for, and make arrangements to do viewings, and to also concentrate a lot on checking out smaller estate agencies once I arrive because ideally I'd like to look at renovation projects (houses). I don't THINK I'm interested in new build apartments, but I will look at a broad selection of properties within my limited budget while I'm there. My thoughts for this trip are to look around as much as possbile to get a feel for the different areas and to look at what is available for my budget. The main reason I wanted my brother with me is because I don't want to make a decision on any particular property this trip, but come away from NC to think over the options and go back for a month at the end of the summer to make an actual purchase. I want to be as mobile as poss, while I'm there, hence the hire car. Even though the agents will pick us up and take us around, I want to know I can go where I want, not just where the agents have time to take me. Also, I want to keep at least 2 days free of viewing properties just to drive around and look at the different villages/towns that I want to see.

I would prefer private accommodation for the total freedom it allows, and I know my brother would prefer that too, and I need to keep him sweet because he is taking time out of his busy schedule to come on this trip with me!!!

AbbyG

Message Posted:
10/01/2008 09:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 21 in Discussion

Forgot to mention in my lengthy post above, I want to hire a car because I am hoping to rent a place in a relatively quiet area, with the option of jumping in the car to go out for dinner etc in the evenings. Don't REALLY want to be in the middle of Girne. Even though I'll be busy doing viewings during the day, I love the idea of being able to sit out in the evenings (weather permitting) and enjoying some peace and quiet over a leisurely drink.

Cheers, Abby

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
10/01/2008 10:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 21 in Discussion

If you want to sit out in the evenings in February make sure you pack a thick winter coat and woollies!!!

stevie-d

Message Posted:
10/01/2008 10:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 21 in Discussion

I can recommend Donaghay and Bayler very friendly staff, car hire birdrentacar.com are very good will pick you up at Ercan or Larnaca fantastic staff.

stevie-d

the butler

Message Posted:
10/01/2008 11:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 21 in Discussion

Hi AbbyG,

I have a 2 bed bungalow on a very quiet complex overlooking the pool and sea below Esentepe. I think it would be ideal for your stay. I always use and recommend birdrentacar. If you are interested please contact me off board.

Avril

AbbyG

Message Posted:
10/01/2008 12:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 21 in Discussion

Dusterbuster: I'm made of hardy stuff. Don't seem to feel the cold as much as most people but I don't like the rain!!

stevie-d: Both your recommendations are on my list as others on this site have mentioned them too. Many thanks

AbbyG

Message Posted:
10/01/2008 12:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 21 in Discussion

the butler:

Thanks Avril. Will contact you off board.

Abby

AbbyG

Message Posted:
10/01/2008 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 21 in Discussion

the butler:

Thanks Avril. Will contact you off board.

Abby

Pipie

Message Posted:
10/01/2008 17:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 21 in Discussion

Hi abbey we have a luxury 2 bed apartment overlooking the sea 5 minute walk to beach E-mail me off board for details .

Pipie

Message Posted:
10/01/2008 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 21 in Discussion

Hi Abbey .

We Have a luxury 2 bed apartment vacant for that time full sea view E-mail me off board for details .

AbbyG

Message Posted:
13/01/2008 08:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 21 in Discussion

PIPIE: Back in work after the weekend (and access to internet) so will email you off board.

AbbyG

Message Posted:
13/01/2008 08:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 21 in Discussion

PIPIE: Unable to email you off board as your email address is hidden. Please email me with further details. Many thanks, Abby

AbbyG

Message Posted:
13/01/2008 08:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 21 in Discussion

the butler: I tried to send you an email last week from my work email in response to your post above but have rec'd a message saying

'There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server'

Will try again from my yahoo address. If you don't get anything from me today can you please email me with further details as I've had a few offers of accommodation and would like to make a decision within the next couple of days. Many thanks, Abby

Bradus

Message Posted:
13/01/2008 14:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 21 in Discussion

Abby,

I note you write that you are looking for old property to renovate rather than any newish builds.We considered doing the same as I love old houses full of character and history. However most of the houses we viewed were GC and for me there is a big difference to purchasing houses/apartments built on exchange land as opposed to taking over a building that was once someones "home" Perhaps I'm being too emotional about this but even the TC Estate Agents that were arranging the viewings seemed to suggest that this type of property came with the biggest risk. Of course there is no problem if it is Turkish title deed but these appear rare or expensive so its highly unlikely.

I wish you good luck in your search but do go into this fully aware of the possible pitfalls.I read an interesting article about some Brits who had bought some GC built houses and their experiences and the legal implications, I'll do a literature search and see if I can find it and email it to you.

Kind Regards

Sue

AbbyG

Message Posted:
13/01/2008 14:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 21 in Discussion

Bradus: Thank you so much for your advice. To be honest I'm so conflicted in what I want, hence the need to take my brother with me to keep my feet firmly on the ground and be quite cold hearted about the implications of any decision I make. I absolutely agree about not buying GC owned property; I've worked too hard to put my savings into something only to have a legal nightmare ensue further down the road, I just wouldn't take the risk, and if the TC houses are expensive then I may end up having to buy a new build apartment if I decide to opt for NC. I am keeping my options open until I get there and have a look myself. I've already looked in Turkey, and may well end up going back and buying there if I can't find something suitable in NC for my budget.

I'd be very interested to read the article you mention if you can dig it out. Cheers, Sue

Abby

Pipie

Message Posted:
30/01/2008 11:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 21 in Discussion

Hi abbey.

Did you get sorted re apartment ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.