North Cyprus Tourist Board - So how do you tell if land is Exchange or TMD?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > So how do you tell if land is Exchange or TMD?

So how do you tell if land is Exchange or TMD?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

twaddle

Message Posted:
05/03/2009 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 22 in Discussion

When I bought my Villa, the Estate Agent told me that the land it is built on is Exchange land. Whilst going through the purchase proceedure I asked my advocate to confirm that the villa was on Exchange land as I did not want to buy on TMD land. The Advocate said that she was unable to find out. The sale went through and all has been fine. I am now in the process of applying for my deeds and have asked my Advocate again to enquire as to the status of the land. She now tells me that it is impossible to find this out as the DLO will not give this information out. The property will be TRNC Freehold.

Does anyone know of a means of finding this information out.

Please, I do not wish to be subjected to the constant barrage of protests about the GC's never entering into any exchange agreement. I have heard all of that before and am fully aware of that side of things. I would just like to find out how to get the info I have asked for.

Many thanks

Andy

Macha

Message Posted:
05/03/2009 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 22 in Discussion

This information is readily available if you bribe an official, or get your legal representative to make an "extra" payment.

Alternatively, ask local people who have lived in the area sinc ebefore 1974. The coffee shop is a good starting point, assuming you aren't out in the sticks.

erolz

Message Posted:
05/03/2009 19:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 22 in Discussion

twaddle it is not easy to be honest. TRNC deeds used to show these categories but the law has been changed and they no longer do

you best bet may be to 'ask around'. Try and talk to local people in the area of the local muktah perhaps. Try and find out from whom the developer brought the land and see if you can contact them? Try asking Elko ?

Macha

Message Posted:
05/03/2009 19:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 22 in Discussion

erolz,

Don't you mean do as Macha suggests or follow the advice I copied from him? ;)

erolz

Message Posted:
05/03/2009 19:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 22 in Discussion

Macha msg 4

"Don't you mean do as Macha suggests or follow the advice I copied from him? ;) "

Hi Macha. I am trying to decide if the misrepresentation of me as a 'plagarist' best fits under the propaganda techique of "Stereotyping" or "Labeling". What do you think ?

and see here for general discusion on 'information warfare' and related topics of 'propaganda' ;)

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/11830.asp

For the record I made my post entirely independantly of yours and did not see your post until after I made mine and not before.

juliet

Message Posted:
05/03/2009 20:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 22 in Discussion

twaddle

or you could just go to the land registry office in Nicosia & find out who is the true owner of the land your house is built on....

Macha

Message Posted:
05/03/2009 21:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 22 in Discussion

Erolz,

Psyops ain't for you, but this may be of interest:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Logic

pilgrim

Message Posted:
05/03/2009 21:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 22 in Discussion

same drivel from Juliet, never misses a chance to fly her GC flag.

bachelibelly

Message Posted:
05/03/2009 21:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 22 in Discussion

Juliet.... Go jump of the balcony and give us all a Bayram !

juliet

Message Posted:
05/03/2009 21:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 22 in Discussion

msg 9

what... truth hit home and you don`t like it... is this the best you can come out with? how immature....

erolz

Message Posted:
05/03/2009 21:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 22 in Discussion

Macha msg 7

"Psyops ain't for you, but this may be of interest:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Logic"

That one is much easier to place, Ad hominem and must be about the 6th time now you have made this little 'joke' on this and another forum so I guess you get into the 'Ad nauseam' category too. Nice work 2 for one.

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/11830.asp

bachelibelly

Message Posted:
05/03/2009 22:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 22 in Discussion

Juliet ,if i wished to debate the politics and legitimacy of the Cyprus situation it would only be with someone prepared to take a balanced view and look at the arguments and points both past and present, proffered by both sides ,of which Juliet ,unfortunately ,on both counts ,are sadly deficient.

So sadly ,if i were to become a mind reader you would be my ideal stooge ,as it is obvious to everybody what is going to come out of your mouth before you type ,so unfortunately its the balcony for you and Question Time for me !!

twaddle

Message Posted:
06/03/2009 09:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 22 in Discussion

Ref message 6. Juliet, thank you for your valued input. However, if you had read what I had said in my original question, you would have seen that I said that I am well aware about the situation with regard to land ownership, yes of course the owner was a GC pre 74 and thus in the eyes of the International community they are still the owners regardless of what the title deeds that I am about to collect say. However, this was not the question I asked. I wanted to know about the Exchange or TMD status as per TRNC property law. The Villa is situated within the TRNC and thus I can only abide by the laws of the state, regardless of whether it is internationally recognised. The TRNC is the elephant in your kitchen. You can ignore it, but it is still there!! Thank you Erolz and Macha for your help, nice to see that you both have the same view on one subject

fire starter

Message Posted:
06/03/2009 09:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 22 in Discussion

i am sorry but having a go at juliet doesn't change things.

she gave the correct information to the question, so why do it?

not exactly a balanced view!

you can take a copy of your kochan to the roc lands office and check who owns the land.

the pre 74 village books/records are there.

we have done this.

so before getting out of your pram, take a balanced view and have some balls to go and do the same!

juliet

Message Posted:
06/03/2009 10:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 22 in Discussion

msg14

theres just no telling some people...

markvpiazza

Message Posted:
06/03/2009 11:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 22 in Discussion

If you get a copy of the current kocan, if it has "ES" on it, it is Exchange land

If it has "Dosya" it means the title is held in a file in the Land Registry, and the land is probably TMD, or possibly a mixture of Exchange and TMD.

As long as there was no previous building on the land, and the current land has been improved (in your case there is a house, so yes, it has been improved), there was little differentiation in the Annan Plan between Exchange and TMD land.

The main problem with TMD land was if it had not been "improved", under the AP it would then have been returned to its pre-74 owners

Mark

twaddle

Message Posted:
06/03/2009 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 22 in Discussion

ref message 14, Fire Starter, I wasn't having a go at Juliet or "getting out of my pram". I was saying that I know full well that the land is (or was) GC owned. Checking with the ROC land registry will not answer my question, it will purely tell me who they have registerd as the land owner. They would never be able to tell me the status of the land under the rules of the TRNC.

fire starter

Message Posted:
06/03/2009 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 22 in Discussion

twaddle

i guess you answered your own question!

you already know the status of your land, both the tmd and exchange land is pre 74 gc owned.

one the so called exchange was given to tc's in lou of land left behind during 1974 and the tmd land was awarded to mainlanders for services rendered, given land.

i think they do have records here at the land office.

i'm sure this was your advocates job to find out for you.

the land map from the south of your plot pre 74 may help, as i have seen a tc friend who has differences between the two.

records kept in girne and those in the south.

twaddle

Message Posted:
06/03/2009 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 22 in Discussion

Thanks. I have checked my copy of the Kocan and unfortunately no ES or Dosya written on it

Magbs

Message Posted:
06/03/2009 23:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 22 in Discussion

Twaddle,

It doesn't help much but may I ask when did you start your purchase procedure? If I am not mistaken unification of the titles under the name TRNC Freehold happened last year so probably your lawyer should have been able to get the info at the very beginning.

twaddle

Message Posted:
07/03/2009 10:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 22 in Discussion

Hi, I started the procedure in November 2006. My next step is to attempt to contact the English chap who is the registered land owner in order to ask him if he knows the status.

fire starter

Message Posted:
07/03/2009 15:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 22 in Discussion

what about the agent that sold it to you, they should still have the sales details.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.